Is buying shards from shipments worth it?

Prev1
Jedi2407
782 posts Member
edited April 2016
100/150 crystals for 2/3 shards? I'm just talking about shards for characters that are hard to farm (like RG/Rey/etc.). It seems steep when that can get me 120 energy...but then again, 120 energy typically only nets me a couple purple items. Ahh, the angst of it all!!!

Is buying shards from shipments worth it? 202 votes

Of course it's worth it!
50%
scubaEnigmaticienJabberwockyIricsFantazyMBL_66dano7591DarthNicofberbertPamed_UleirosSlevinBurgerBaldowikking4ufarid1250ManyTankshnewtonOwexBaillRaventrobDarthTRexusNerfherder17 101 votes
Nope, nope, nope.
50%
Stekcir_LeinadMackemSLAMIvoB1987CreativeAttackerL45TPH45Ejeremyj26slmcmrTardis1205ThelubricantkozakjanosBalbesElinadbenacrowBafDarth_MangoGruby03512Trisbouilleunit900000HandyandymdGiranKenor 101 votes

Replies

• Waz675
    193 posts Member
    It depends, on a few factors
  • Of course it's worth it!
    Only for the hard node only characters like rey. But only if you are ritually farming her
  • Nope, nope, nope.
    Only used it Once to Lvl up Jedi with 1 Hard Node
    Quote of the Day "Put that
  • Mo_liza
    786 posts Member
    Only when your 2 shards from being 7 star.
  • Do it only for toon that hard to get due to only have one hard node (like ewok scout and elder before the udate) or multi hard node but expensive like anakin and fotp
    TNR Rey of Hope, Heroic Raid 36/50
  • Nope, nope, nope.
    I voted no, but I have bought them on a few occasions. When I was doing EVERYTHING IN MY POWER to obtain a 7* Jedi squad so I could get my Yoda, I bought a few Barris shards. But under normal circumstances, no. And I say that as a person who started day 1 and have farmed Anakin since I unlocked his nodes. I finally got him to 6* today, and will get him yo 7* in around 2 more months or so of daily playing. And I've never bought an Anakin shard.
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    Of course it's worth it!
    It depends, like rn I'm buying every RG shard that shows up as I continue farming that **** in what has felt like 6 months.
    Everyone should bank up some **** currency just for Vader. He is absolutely worth it regardless if you are F2P or P2P.

Secondly, it is also worth it for hard mode farming characters if you have extra shards. However, this generally would only apply to people with an abundance or means to get shards easily.
    Team iNstinct -- teaminstinct.net
  • It depends, like rn I'm buying every RG shard that shows up as I continue farming that **** in what has felt like 6 months.
    Yeah...only for RG
  • Phipps
    1107 posts Member
    Of course it's worth it!
    Farming and buying all ewok shards, instead of refreshing there nodes at the moment and gambling for the shard is rather get the guarantee with buying then there. Plus allows saving of energy to use for gear farming which is more important.
  • Phipps
    1107 posts Member
    Of course it's worth it!
    If your f2p and don't place top 5 in arena everyday then I'd say don't do it since you don't have the crystals
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    Phipps wrote: »
    If your f2p and don't place top 5 in arena everyday then I'd say don't do it since you don't have the crystals

Bingo. That shop be way too rich for my wallet. Vader taste with an Ewok budget.
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • If I see Resistance Trooper I will. But that's because he is far behind the rest of my Resistance heroes and I'm making a Resistance squad. I wouldn't just buy then for anyone else, e.g. Rey.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Nope, nope, nope.
    For 2 or 3 shards? Buy a refresh for half or a third the cost!
  • 28-24 so far...you people aren't very decisive! ;)
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    50 crystals per (guaranteed) shard. If you instead refresh a node for those 50 crystals you wil most likely get one shard as well (random) along some other rewards.

Worth it? Depends on your stock of shards.
  • Nope, nope, nope.
    Better used for energy refresh. But if you got the extra crystals then ya.
  • Waqui wrote: »
    50 crystals per (guaranteed) shard. If you instead refresh a node for those 50 crystals you wil most likely get one shard as well (random) along some other rewards.

Not that simple. For RG there are only 2 nodes so 6 tries to get on average 2 shards. If you refresh a node for 50 crystals you can expect on average 1 shard and you must also use 36 regular energy. The other items in that node are useless so for rg and possibly rey it is zero sum. It's just a matter of how fast u want to farm them
  • LMYYYKS
    333 posts Member
    It's all about RNG.
    Jedi2407 wrote: »
    28-24 so far...you people aren't very decisive! ;)

@Jedi2407
    There has been a poll on this before and the results will be skewed as people always compare energy refreshes and hard node refreshes.

I always buy 2 regular and 1 cantina refresh. So the answer is yes it is worth it of you have already bought these and no it isn't if you haven't bought the refreshes.
    UK/Euro guild - GrievousGenerals recruiting - lv85+ Discord @Starjumper#8384
    jomamaphat wrote: »
    Waqui wrote: »

Not that simple. For RG there are only 2 nodes so 6 tries to get on average 2 shards. If you refresh a node for 50 crystals you can expect on average 1 shard and you must also use 36 regular energy. The other items in that node are useless so for rg and possibly rey it is zero sum. It's just a matter of how fast u want to farm them

@Waqui
    This - plus a hard node refresh guarantees you nothing.
    UK/Euro guild - GrievousGenerals recruiting - lv85+ Discord @Starjumper#8384
    Only for the hard node toons like RG, 50 crystals per shard is the same amount you would expect to see per refresh.
  • Gavstar
    214 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Of course it's worth it!
    Yes, for difficult to farm toons I want. Every purchase is one less day of farming. One day closer to improving your arena rank, or not if you just collecting. Just ask yourself, would you rather have crystals stockpile or a better toon sooner?
    It is worth it if you are farming the toon. I buy them when I see RG(24/100), FOTP(98/100), Anakin(61/100) and Rey(73/85).
  • LaLiam
    1589 posts Member
    Of course it's worth it!
    You spend 50 gems on a 1/3 droprate and get 1 shard.

It doesnt take a genius to work out it's the same as a refresh.
    {RotE}
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    Of course it's worth it!
    It really depends.. If you're purchasing hard farm characters such as Anakin, RG, Tie pilot I believe it is totally worth it. 150 crystals for 3 shards looks like quite a bit. Refreshing 2 hard nodes on tie pilot and RG will more than likely only end you up with two for 100. The next refresh is 100 crystals and its rare to pull another with the second refresh. Characters with two hard nodes for sure! Anakin has 3 but I still purchased them any time I could because they don't appear often either.
  • CPMP
    974 posts Member
    Nope, nope, nope.
    LaLiam wrote: »

Hey genius. You also get gear, droids, credits and xp.
  • Achilles
    1380 posts Member
    IMO it depends on the character of the shards ... if its shards of a MAIN-char you want and this Char is farmable on hard nodes ONLY, then "maybe" yes. In every other case: NO

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/20226/are-shard-shipments-worth-the-crystals
    Left by design.
    The fixed payout times are the worst part of this game and makes it absolutely family-unfriendly.
  • CPMP wrote: »

Of those only xp is worth anything but you need to also spend energy to get the xp. Everything else is worthless and credits are marginal
  • CPMP
    974 posts Member
    Nope, nope, nope.
    jomamaphat wrote: »
    CPMP wrote: »

Of those only xp is worth anything but you need to also spend energy to get the xp. Everything else is worthless and credits are marginal

Hard to say gear is worthless, while you need 50 of some pieces and on multiple heroes.
    In the long run, farming hard nodes, is much more rewarding than rushing to lvl a hero (shards from shipments + gear up fast from normal missions)