Give us the real Bane

Why do you have to get the samurai version of bane? Can’t we just the the original version of him that was depicted in the books. Is it really to much to ask?

Replies

• I'm a fan due to the books. but how do they create something when the visual representation of it is in your head? I think they did the best they could. where does samurai come from? was that how he was depicted in clone wars? also have the released pictures of him already?
  • If you look on the cover of the book you will see the OG bane design
  • Bane in the Clone Wars looks a lot more menacing than what’s on the comic books. Just my two cents
  • Same, I guess it’s pretty darn cool that they are adding him… just really disagree with the model they are going with
  • Correct me if I’m wrong, but I’d bet money more people among the swgoh population have watched The Clone Wars than have read any books / comics related to Darth bane. Seems like a better choice to go with the more popularized concept of him.
  • Can we get an achievement for him that unlocks a second skin? Then everyone can win.

Oh, sorry, forgot we're not the community for compromise lol
  • I don't see any pictures of the new Bane SWGOH toon. The announcement doesn't have any imagery at all. Does anyone have a link to what the toon is supposed to look like?
  • I don't see any pictures of the new Bane SWGOH toon. The announcement doesn't have any imagery at all. Does anyone have a link to what the toon is supposed to look like?

I haven't watched the clone wars cartoon, but the dev post says that's the version we'll get.
  • So does this mean no cool purple lightsaber?
  • Ultra
    11371 posts Moderator
    my first introduction to Bane was through the comic books, which is how i always imagined him to be
  • Aren't jedis and sith based off Samauris?
  • Darth Vader's armor was inspired by samurai and Jedi robes by old Japanese ones
  • Yeah but the character model of Darth bane was created in 1999 and Disney changed it in 2014…….. so no neither of the last two comments have any merit
  • Well disney is in control. They can do literally whatever they want with their product now. I may not like Legends not being cannon anymore but I have to accept it. The stories will be always be there, the books, games ect. Plus this is a fictional setting that is made up that I enjoy. Disney giving him an appearance in clone wars was amazing and he was even voiced by Mark Hammil
  • I read all the zahn etc books 30 years ago, thrawn being the first non human admiral etc but now non canon and bringing in made up characters from newer material....it can get mixed up. And for the fecking life of me....Sabine...Force...nah
  • I don't remember Darth Bane in the clone wars, and google gives me a scene with Yoda talking to a skeleton made of maybe hot embers with a samurai armor, literally looks like hot garbage.

If they really go for Hot Garbage Samurai it probably means there's no chance of a Darth Bane & Darth Zannah duo.

https://star-wars-canon.fandom.com/wiki/Darth_Bane
  • Tbh having seen what the other version is supposed to look like, I'm glad they're going with the samurai version. The other one looks just like Darth Sion in a robe. A bit boring if you ask me.
  • Would be cool if one of his specials switched between his orbalisk armor, giving him huge defense but sacrificing force moves, and without the armor which leaves him less defensive but with huge offensive powers (kind of like how JKcal switches). I don't imagine they will use that given his look from Clone Wars and not the books, but fingers crossed. I hope the author (Drew Karpyshyn) is getting some money from this also
  • Salatious_Scrum
    2292 posts Member
    edited December 2023
    CrispyFett wrote: »
    Would be cool if one of his specials switched between his orbalisk armor, giving him huge defense but sacrificing force moves, and without the armor which leaves him less defensive but with huge offensive powers (kind of like how JKcal switches). I don't imagine they will use that given his look from Clone Wars and not the books, but fingers crossed. I hope the author (Drew Karpyshyn) is getting some money from this also

They already said they’re using the Clone Wars look though
  • I went & searched it since I couldn't recall him being in CW.
    Its a pretty cool look, all Smoke/Lava Ghost like.
  • CrispyFett wrote: »
    Would be cool if one of his specials switched between his orbalisk armor, giving him huge defense but sacrificing force moves, and without the armor which leaves him less defensive but with huge offensive powers (kind of like how JKcal switches). I don't imagine they will use that given his look from Clone Wars and not the books, but fingers crossed. I hope the author (Drew Karpyshyn) is getting some money from this also

They already said they’re using the Clone Wars look though

Maybe that look was after the orbalisks were removed. Who knows? One can hope
  • Same, I guess it’s pretty darn cool that they are adding him… just really disagree with the model they are going with

Swgoh has been known to re-skin characters, and not always for the better.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • TVF
    36445 posts Member
    swgoh has art?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • 2doqmjxvuvsv.jpg
    it would be hilarious if they did this one
  • TitoJackson84
    29 posts Member
    edited December 2023
    Delete
  • just thinking on this, and while it's unlikely, using Bane's image from Clone Wars as a lifter for SEE, could open the possibility for two versions of him, the Clone Wars style lifter, and the book style as something else maybe a GL, maybe a legendary, who knows. But the 2 designs are pretty distinct to where 2 units could be possible, it will just come down to this Bane's kit mainly I think,