Squad Arena

Hello,

For some reason there is a player in my squad arena who won’t stop harassing me every time I take first place. He keeps claiming there is a system in place, a type of schedule for players in our squad arena to take first place. Now, I don’t remember seeing you guys at CG putting out any kind of schedule or rules saying we can only go after the top spot at certain times. Please correct me if I’m wrong.

Replies

• StarSon
    7371 posts Member
    It's because you aren't in the shard chat. CG doesn't care about any of this, so don't bother. If you want it to stop, you'll have to join the chat and get added into the rotation.
  • Sounds like he’s part of a shard chat. If you’re climbing or claiming first outside of your payout hour, expect to be hit. If you are climbing during your payout hour and are still being hit, perhaps in time you’ll be invited to the shard chat.

If you’re above level 85 though, squad arena means very little
  • Yeah, they talked about discord, but I have never used it and never will. I play this game to level up and be in first place. I care about the squad arena store points. But I am tired of being harassed by this guy.
  • StarSon
    7371 posts Member
    Thorvald85 wrote: »
    Yeah, they talked about discord, but I have never used it and never will. I play this game to level up and be in first place. I care about the squad arena store points. But I am tired of being harassed by this guy.

If you refuse to use discord you won't make it very far in this game. Any remotely decent guild will require it.
  • Thorvald85 wrote: »
    Yeah, they talked about discord, but I have never used it and never will. I play this game to level up and be in first place. I care about the squad arena store points. But I am tired of being harassed by this guy.

It sounds like you want to take 1st place every day. If that's what you want, you can either play nice and join the shard chat on discord, or just get ok with being knocked down. You're not the only person that wants to take 1st every day. The offer to join discord was an olive branch and a peace offering - get in the rotation and you'll have a much easier time of it. I'm not saying it's right - but that's how it is. CG can't do anything about it.

All that being said - man, this is just squad arena. Landing in the top 100 or top 50 gets you plenty of currency. It's really not worth all that stress. Honestly I'm surprised anyone actually bothers to knock you down. Imagine caring that much about squad arena...
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • Jarvind
    3918 posts Member
    People still care about squad arena placement with no crystals?
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• You don’t need to use something as lame as discord in order to play a game or get anything out of it. I have been playing video games for over 30 years without the use of discord or anything like it.
  • Jarvind wrote: »
    People still care about squad arena placement with no crystals?

Good for gear
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • TVF
    36445 posts Member
    Ehhhh
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Thorvald85 wrote: »
    You don’t need to use something as lame as discord in order to play a game or get anything out of it. I have been playing video games for over 30 years without the use of discord or anything like it.

I've been playing video games at least that long. I've done it both with and without discord. I've played SWGoH with and without discord. It's better with discord, by orders of magnitude - there's a reason people are using it. At the end of the day this is a social game and the in-game chat is so woefully lacking that using discord is like driving a Ferrari after only ever having a bicycle. I have folks in my guild that refuse to use it. It's fine - I haven't made it mandatory because they're good players and nice people - but oddly enough, that's all the more reason I wish they were on discord.
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • TVF
    36445 posts Member
    We are very casual for our GP (525m) and we still require discord full stop. There are simply too many things that get missed otherwise.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH