Kyroteck Grind

Prev1
So to start by saying that I think the gear economy is really good at the moment and that I don't want to come across like I want everything really easy!

The 2 pinch points in the game imo, are kyro's and signal data. The concept of which I'm fine with, as in there should be a difficulty in getting characters from L0-R9.

However this year we had over 20 characters released all requiring 300+ Kyro's to get them to Relic. Probably a similar amount of characters last year to. I've just farmed the new characters for GL Leia and will have to grind through the Kyro's to get them to Relic. Again no complaint at this, as this is where I should be feeling the pinch. My issue is, as more characters are released your still stuck behind the pinch on 3/4 year old characters in the mass. Currently gearing up Mon mothma for example, is this really a character that should be a grind? Bad batch as a whole are another good example huge amount of kyro's.

Personally I would like them to release a new kryotech that replaced the pinch point on all new characters including the L12-13 piece. That way the current kyro's could be opened up a bit. In the same way they did with carbantis and stun guns.

I'm also interested in knowing how everyone else farms their kyro's? Do you use crystals or farm on nodes.

Replies

• TVF
    36600 posts Member
    Options
    I'm done farming Kyros. Again.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    So to start by saying that I think the gear economy is really good at the moment and that I don't want to come across like I want everything really easy!

The 2 pinch points in the game imo, are kyro's and signal data. The concept of which I'm fine with, as in there should be a difficulty in getting characters from L0-R9.

However this year we had over 20 characters released all requiring 300+ Kyro's to get them to Relic. Probably a similar amount of characters last year to. I've just farmed the new characters for GL Leia and will have to grind through the Kyro's to get them to Relic. Again no complaint at this, as this is where I should be feeling the pinch. My issue is, as more characters are released your still stuck behind the pinch on 3/4 year old characters in the mass. Currently gearing up Mon mothma for example, is this really a character that should be a grind? Bad batch as a whole are another good example huge amount of kyro's.

Personally I would like them to release a new kryotech that replaced the pinch point on all new characters including the L12-13 piece. That way the current kyro's could be opened up a bit. In the same way they did with carbantis and stun guns.

I'm also interested in knowing how everyone else farms their kyro's? Do you use crystals or farm on nodes.

I do the 3x50c refreshes and spend most of that on kyros, after a few hard nodes for toon/ship shards. I also use all GET2/3 and GAC currency on them, but never crystals on them directly.
    Account started June 2020. 100% FTP. 8.2m GP. JMK, JML, SLKR, and SEE. Exe and Levi. Ally code 117-269-921. Swgoh.gg
  • Krjstoff
    633 posts Member
    edited January 5
    Options
    I farm the prods on the light side node with all leftover LS-energy, and buy the computers with TW/TB/GAC currency.

And then I try to plan it out in advance, so I have the kyros (and all other gear + relic materials) ready when I get a new toon to 7 stars.
  • LordDirt
    5003 posts Member
    edited January 5
    Options

I have no issue on these resources. I usually just use MK2 & MK3 currency from TB to get them. Got 1372 shock prods & 1413 computer prototypes. I need more zetas material.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Rius
    364 posts Member
    Options
    My bottleneck is usually Kyros and relic scrap. I get the battle computers with Mk 2 TB currency and unless I am farming character shards, I use 3x refreshes on light 7B for Kyro shock prods and gear towards relic scrap. Since I have been using this strategy my Kyro stash meets the speed I acquire G12 so it’s not holding me up anymore.
  • Options

I'm curious how long you've been playing. Long-time players should not be pinched by kyros anymore. For reference, I've been playing since spring of 2017 and have all 8 GLs. I spent some money during my first 5 years in game--maybe $300 over that 5-year span--but I haven't spent since then.

I use GET2, GAC tokens, and spare normal energy to farm kryros. I don't even refresh normal energy anymore unless I need to for hard node farms, which is rare these days since I'm caught up until new toons drop. I'm sitting on about 1900 prods and 1200 laptops right now, and I just pushed Paz to G11 for Conquest. I rush-farmed Leia with my crystal stash, and I dipped below 200 of each kyro piece in doing so. But then I rebounded back pretty quick.

I am curious how the economy feels to newer players.
  • Rius
    364 posts Member
    edited January 5
    Options

I'm curious how long you've been playing. Long-time players should not be pinched by kyros anymore. For reference, I've been playing since spring of 2017 and have all 8 GLs. I spent some money during my first 5 years in game--maybe $300 over that 5-year span--but I haven't spent since then.

I use GET2, GAC tokens, and spare normal energy to farm kryros. I don't even refresh normal energy anymore unless I need to for hard node farms, which is rare these days since I'm caught up until new toons drop. I'm sitting on about 1900 prods and 1200 laptops right now, and I just pushed Paz to G11 for Conquest. I rush-farmed Leia with my crystal stash, and I dipped below 200 of each kyro piece in doing so. But then I rebounded back pretty quick.

I am curious how the economy feels to newer players.

I think that will vary with different bottlenecks emerging and then subsequently being alleviated.

I started in 2019 and still progressing constantly I have definitely spent more 😅 and still spending. I have a Kyro bottleneck, worsened by the other improvements to gear and that newer characters require more. I constantly farm, sometimes pick up with crystals and even purchased with the small packs. All gear up to G12 is now easier but G12 to 13 is slow still for me with some components in large demand so now I end up with several at G12 whilst pushing for a GL or journey. (I should probably highlight I have done SK, Aphra, Inquisitors and GLLO which have high Kyro requirements).

My other bottleneck is relic scrap CCB, Bronzium wiring and chromium transistors in particular. But this does seem balanced with how slow it is to get to G13. I am in a 400M guild so get plenty of resources for higher level relic scrap including droid brains and aero magnifiers, that once I have the lower level scrap I can immediately take a few characters to R9.

Any acceleration stretches mod farming too. So it’s harder to splice up all mods whilst progressing.
  • Options
    Been playing since early 2020, so not sure where that places me. I light spend on a few bits and pieces but only really to keep me topped up. 4 GLs, probably have around 100 characters under relic level.

Like I said, I think the economy is good atm overall, I just think the Kyro pinch is starting to become a little unnecessary, if it were replaced with a new piece it would shift the balance a little and let others catch up on older characters.

I get it depends where you are in the game and how you are effected will vary. But there has been a lot of attention from CG to help new players catch up and I personally think this is one of the pinch points where it significantly delays progress on older stuff. For example I unlock most of the conquest characters by 2nd cycle but can't really gear them up because it delays lots of other important stepping stones before that.
  • Options
    I wonder what is worse, the Carb/Cuff/Gun bottlenecks we veteran players faced or what newer players face now. Not because I want to say "I had it worse so shut up" or anything like that. If it is as bad, then CG should probably do something to meet their goal of accelerating early players to the endgame.
  • Options
    I was here for the carb bottleneck, there was a reason they opened it up. I'm suggesting the same reason counts now. Not sure if it is quite as bad but add another 20 characters this year and it's getting there.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    I was here for the carb bottleneck, there was a reason they opened it up. I'm suggesting the same reason counts now. Not sure if it is quite as bad but add another 20 characters this year and it's getting there.

They changed it not opened it up
    Instead of needing 600 carbs now you need 600 kyro.
  • Options
    Without splitting hairs over wording, they opened up access to carbs etc, you still need just as many for a character your just not stuck behind them for weeks.
  • Options
    If you are doing things right basically kyros are going to be your main pain point. I think LSBs are their answers to that crunch. I’ve probably received 4,000 to 5,000 kyro salvage in LSB that’s about half a years worth of really grinding kyros. Maximizing the kyros you get out of LSB is the main way to beat the crunch.
  • Options
    Olddumper wrote: »
    If you are doing things right basically kyros are going to be your main pain point. I think LSBs are their answers to that crunch. I’ve probably received 4,000 to 5,000 kyro salvage in LSB that’s about half a years worth of really grinding kyros. Maximizing the kyros you get out of LSB is the main way to beat the crunch.

LSB? Are you talking about the Light Side Battle kyro node? Or Lightspeed Bundles? Or what?
  • ChuMuc
    40 posts Member
    edited January 10
    Options
    It depends where you are in the game. If you are playing in the 11m+ range, kryos are not a problem, relic material and especially signal data is. Kryos come from zeffo and tb and tw rewards. What you are constantly missing is signal data. most of the accounts only need kryos for new released chars and those you get relatively fast.

For smaller accounts, the world looks much differently.
  • Options
    If you are playing in the 11m+ range, kryos are not a problem, relic material and especially signal data is. Kryos come from zeffo and tb and tw rewards.

Can confirm.

I do not need any kyros other than g12 finisher pieces. I currently only have about 500 kyros lying around, but g12 gear isn't infinite and you only need 100 kyros per character once you're where I'm at.
    In fact, I think in total I need 4k Kyros or so, and with constant farming that means that I have what I need for new marquees and new Conquest toons the moment that they drop + extra between new toons for a few g12 finishers. By June or July I expect that I will have all 7-star toons finished with Kyros and g12 finishers, and fewer than 20 toons still g12. Hard to say, but possibly fewer than 10. Every conquest I am always taking 2-3 old toons that I hadn't bothered taking to relic up to r1-r3 to make feats easier. Then there are the toons that are needed for TB special missions or Ops, then older toons that are useful in raids (ewoks and some of the Imp troopers this time)... there's always a reason to take a few more toons up, and though I can't predict exactly which order they'll be most useful, sooner or later -- certainly before the end of this year, absolutely everything I have at 7-star will be relic'd.
    What you are constantly missing is signal data.

Huh. That's not where I'm at. I'm generally fine on SD and lower on high-end relic mats. But I think that high-end relic mats should be difficult to get. I'm fine with r8 being an effort.

Are you maybe still farming a couple of Cantina toons? I can go through shortages when they give us a Cantina-based toon or two, but they're temporary. I always restock SD faster than I can build up the higher-end relic mats. (CCBs too, I guess, but they're not that bad.)
  • Options

Huh. That's not where I'm at. I'm generally fine on SD and lower on high-end relic mats. But I think that high-end relic mats should be difficult to get. I'm fine with r8 being an effort.

Are you maybe still farming a couple of Cantina toons? I can go through shortages when they give us a Cantina-based toon or two, but they're temporary. I always restock SD faster than I can build up the higher-end relic mats. (CCBs too, I guess, but they're not that bad.)

I'm well above 11m GP as well and the only throttle on my growth is signal data. The raid keeps me fully stocked on the relic mats I need so as soon as I farm signal data (doing my 3x cantina refresh every day like a good little player) I can increase relics on the desired toons.

I'm actually thinking that if my crystal stockpile get much bigger I will start doing a bit more than 3x cantina refresh as I have no issues keeping up with all other things.

With a bunch of gear that can be scrapped I'm sitting at 367 / 489 / 408 / 257 / 106 / 25 / 33 / 714 / 35 / 249.
    While it does look like I'm low on Zinbiddles and Impulses I have gear to scrap for those and could easily pivot some focus to getting more of those if they were needed for my current projects.
    I have just about 0 of any type signal data.
  • Options
    Morgoth01 wrote: »

I'm well above 11m GP as well and the only throttle on my growth is signal data. The raid keeps me fully stocked on the relic mats I need so as soon as I farm signal data (doing my 3x cantina refresh every day like a good little player) I can increase relics on the desired toons.

I'm actually thinking that if my crystal stockpile get much bigger I will start doing a bit more than 3x cantina refresh as I have no issues keeping up with all other things.

With a bunch of gear that can be scrapped I'm sitting at 367 / 489 / 408 / 257 / 106 / 25 / 33 / 714 / 35 / 249.
    While it does look like I'm low on Zinbiddles and Impulses I have gear to scrap for those and could easily pivot some focus to getting more of those if they were needed for my current projects.
    I have just about 0 of any type signal data.

You should purchase SD from shipments before doing the 200 refreshes, I think.
  • Options
    Kyrotech grind is real, but there is a light at the end of the tunnel, because Kyrotech income exceeds the amount required by released characters.

You say 20 new characters a year? That is 1.66 a month, which comes out to about 670 kyros on new characters each month.

Kyro income per month starts with
    90 from dailies
    160 from ABs
    about 80 from TB
    About 60-70 from TW?
    40 from GCs

So that can be 400 a month without energy or currency. Supplement with kyro purchases with GET and GAC currency, along with energy farming and you can outpace newly introduced units.

Of course, it takes a LONG time to reach that point, especially for growing accounts that dont have all the chase units yet, but there is a (small) light at the end.
  • rickertron
    326 posts Member
    edited January 11
    Options
    400 a month is not much. for example, I am currently working on Krrsantan and he requires 100 MK 9 and 100 Mk 7just to go from g9 - g10. Than at g10 he will require more to advance to G11 and so forth from G11 -G12.
  • Options
    400 is the baseline from activities before you start purchasing things in shipments using GET or Championship Tokens or whatever other currency you like for your Kyros.

It also doesn't include active farming of Shock Prods on their LS node or Comps on their DS node. You should bet 2.2-2.5 per 50 crystal refresh if you're farming those.

For people who are younger accounts, they still need to spend all their refresh energy on shard farming, but there will come a time when you have free enough characters to farm that you can fit in 360 energy or more for those Kyro farms, which means about 7/day or over 200 per month.

At that point you're at 600/month with activities plus regular energy farming, and you still have the opportunity to purchase more with GET, Championship currency and other currencies (though I don't recommend it, value-wise) or even crystals.

For younger accounts the priority on shards will limit your ability to catch up with Kyros, and you'll probably even slip farther behind for a while since you might be using more of your GET2 and Championship Tokens for other gear. But there will definitely come a time for every long-term player where Kyro income + Kyro farming + Kyro purchases outstrip the requirements of new toons being introduced to the game. You still have to keep moving forward, but from that point it's always downhill.
  • Options
    nottenst wrote: »
    Olddumper wrote: »

LSB? Are you talking about the Light Side Battle kyro node? Or Lightspeed Bundles? Or what?

Light speed bundles. If I would have worked my way through the characters it would have been 40 to 50 full kyros yet alone everything else.
  • Options
    So the conclusion here is that lots of Kyros are available and lots of Kyros are needed. If you actually do ever catch up, unlock and gear all the useful characters than its not much of a concern.
  • Options
    ChuMuc wrote: »
    It depends where you are in the game. If you are playing in the 11m+ range, kryos are not a problem, relic material and especially signal data is. Kryos come from zeffo and tb and tw rewards. What you are constantly missing is signal data. most of the accounts only need kryos for new released chars and those you get relatively fast.

For smaller accounts, the world looks much differently.

Yeah I’m at 9.25m gp and though I’m not out of the kyro crunch yet I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. I have about 5000 kyros I need to complete big things like LV, Inqs and finish JKCK. Beyond that nothing requires huge amounts of them. Farming wise I can burn through about 400 in excess of what is being added to the game and the big kicker is if I will run into any additional helpful LSB. An inq or bad batch bundle would shave 1000’s off that number.
  • Options
    LOL.

That does seem to be what I'm saying. But I hope the longer version is useful.

I try very hard to say that there's not enough of something in the game since the game is supposed to be a grind. Just because there aren't enough of something from a player's perspective (like Omicrons) doesn't mean that there should be more. Whether or not there should be more depends on a lot of things, including whether CG intends that thing to be a bottleneck, and what role does that bottleneck serve?

If the bottleneck blocks access to content that CG wants everyone to play (and it's pretty clear that CG wants people to play Conquest, the raids, and RotE TB, then it's probably the wrong bottleneck and needs to change. But if it's on something optional or scaled, then the bottleneck is probably fine. (everyone can access GAC, for instance, and if you don't have enough gear or Omicrons you just don't have as much success...but you can still **participate** which solves the access question)

So the question is really not so much how many Kyros are in the game and how many are required by new toons, the question (at least from CG's perspective) is whether the current Kyro balance prevents people from accessing content that CG wants widely accessible.

If we were going to seriously argue for an increase in availability of Kyros, we would have to figure out what content Kyros are blocking. Otherwise we could convince each other, but CG wouldn't have any reason to pay attention and so the thread would be useless.

So from my perspective, since no one was seriously arguing that the Kyro economy is blocking CG's goals, I tried to focus on quantifying what's going on and when it gets better to give hope to the people that read the thread.

Sometimes you don't need more of X gear. Sometimes you just need a little more hope that eventually things get better. That's what I'm trying to give to people in this thread.
  • Schwartzring
    1420 posts Member
    edited January 11
    Options
    Started in 4-2019 & at 10.3 million, I'm still feeling the Kyro crunch.

That said, the Signal Data crunch is even worse.

After saving for a month now I have R0-7 for Scout & Drogan banked but still need the same amount for Leia & JKCal.

I've got the Kyro/G12 for Scout & Drogan too & Kyros for most of Leia.

But I'm still short all of JKCals Kyros & a couple G12 pieces.

And then there is shards to finish Drogan's last 2 stars which will cut into Sig Data.

Kyros wouldn't be such a problem if they stopped putting so many in every single new character.

Either put them on "double" for being Non-G12 gear, OR, Restrict them to G-12 Finishers & leave them single.

Or give us a new source for them. I already use GET2, GET3, & GAC exclusively for Kyros & sim them using my triple Gold refreshes every day since the only character I have on Farm status now is Paz.
    (Though I will have to add Zori soon when she goes Double shards this month)

I do like the suggestion of a "3rd" kyro being released, something they could restrict to NEW FINISHERS ONLY.

That way they could put the 2 older Kyros on "Double" and still keep some bottle neck at G12.

• TVF
    36600 posts Member
    Options
    Started April 2017, 10.9m, I have collected every kyro I can (until the next release comes out).
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    I've been in the game about 3 years and I echo Arrowsmith's comments. One thing I would add is that getting a character up from gear 8 or 9 seems crazy that it would require kyro. I have no problem with a bottle neck, but feel that is excessive. Seems more fair to require kyro to get to gear 12 or 13.
  • Options
    After re-assessing what I am doing. My Kyro crunch is more a result of me trying to farm multiple Chars at once, spreading my resources out rather than focused on one char. Changed it up past couple of days and farm for Kyros advancing quite a bit faster.
  • Options
    I hear people's point that once you get far enough in the game then the struggle becomes less or not a problem. It is about perspectives.

Though I would argue that if you've been playing for a long time then you're facing that pinch one at a time. As in a new character is released and you've only gotta get enough for that 1 character opposed to the mountain of kryos newer players have to tackle. I get it's rarely going to be quite as simple as that but hopefully you get my point.

I suppose my original point is more that it seems silly that older characters are still hit with that pinch to get to gear 12.