CGs algorithm fails again

At this point, CGs failure are truly insurmountable. You can't keep up with the failures but can with the successes...which is probably as many as fingers average humans have.
So what I mean...is being placed against a guild that's over 79 million points stronger with a 2 million more average GP....
Way to keep the excellent work up. CG...you guys truly know how to make a game fun....(sarcasm)

Replies

• At this point, CGs failure are truly insurmountable. You can't keep up with the failures but can with the successes...which is probably as many as fingers average humans have.
    So what I mean...is being placed against a guild that's over 79 million points stronger with a 2 million more average GP....
    Way to keep the excellent work up. CG...you guys truly know how to make a game fun....(sarcasm)

Except that this isn't actually a relevant comparison. How many of their players signed up? What is the active GP in TW on both sides?
    Account started June 2020. 100% FTP. 8.2m GP. JMK, JML, SLKR, and SEE. Exe and Levi. Ally code 117-269-921. Swgoh.gg
  • At this point, CGs failure are truly insurmountable. You can't keep up with the failures but can with the successes...which is probably as many as fingers average humans have.

Except that this isn't actually a relevant comparison. How many of their players signed up? What is the active GP in TW on both sides?

Except that it is....at absolute best or worst, however you wanna look at it, you can subtract 13 from their GL numbers...and still averages about to 1.4 million more GP. ro5akrp2a6q4.jpg
  • 37 signed up. That's why I subtracted 13 from 50. So it's still vastly unbalanced.
  • 37 signed up. That's why I subtracted 13 from 50. So it's still vastly unbalanced.

You’re right, if only 37 of their players signed up, then they have 387m GP to your 444m. On top of that you have almost the same number of GLs and more of all of the top fleets. You should have walked all over them, so I can see why you’re upset at such an easy win.

For clarity I assumed that all of their 13 players who didn’t sign up had 8GLs and the three top fleets. I think that’s as fair an assumption as the ones you’ve made.
    Account started June 2020. 100% FTP. 8.2m GP. JMK, JML, SLKR, and SEE. Exe and Levi. Ally code 117-269-921. Swgoh.gg
  • Notthatguyfrombefore
    1064 posts Member
    edited January 7
    Comment was posted twice

You’re right, if only 37 of their players signed up, then they have 387m GP to your 444m. On top of that you have almost the same number of GLs and more of all of the top fleets. You should have walked all over them, so I can see why you’re upset at such an easy win.

For clarity I assumed that all of their 13 players who didn’t sign up had 8GLs and the three top fleets. I think that’s as fair an assumption as the ones you’ve made.

That doesn't make sense. We each had the same amount signed up. Plus they still averaged vastly more GLs which they dropped on front 4 walls. They still vastly out powered us.

That doesn't make sense. We each had the same amount signed up. Plus they still averaged vastly more GLs which they dropped on front 4 walls. They still vastly out powered us.

Same amount of what signed up? Players? GP?

If it’s the same amount of players then I’m going to assume their GP distribution is top heavy and they had mostly larger players, with all GLs who didn’t sign up, while it was your weakest ones who didn’t sign up making it a fair match up still. Can you post your TW record from swgoh.gg which actually shows active GP, as without that this is not going to prove your point in the slightest.

If it’s the same amount of players then I’m going to assume their GP distribution is top heavy and they had mostly larger players, with all GLs who didn’t sign up, while it was your weakest ones who didn’t sign up making it a fair match up still. Can you post your TW record from swgoh.gg which actually shows active GP, as without that this is not going to prove your point in the slightest.

Why would I say same amount of gp if we have different gps....smh

I dont get how you are so confused. Their weakest or lowest GP member is 2.3 million more gp than our weakest....okay. no matter how you divide the GLS...they still have 50% more gls and more relic units than we do...nobody gives a crap about which one of them joined...I calculated their strength vs us taking OUT the strongest 13 in the guild...okay? So no matter how you slice it, dice or try to be a **** about it, they still averaged over 2 million GP PER member...maybe 1.5.
    So again, to recap, no matter if their top 13 didn't join, they STILL averaged 40 to 50% more GLs and Relic characters..

Why would I say same amount of gp if we have different gps....smh

Because total guild GP and signed up GP to TW are different things, and can have a very different outcome on a TW.
    37 signed up. That's why I subtracted 13 from 50. So it's still vastly unbalanced.

I dont get how you are so confused. Their weakest or lowest GP member is 2.3 million more gp than our weakest....okay. no matter how you divide the GLS...they still have 50% more gls and more relic units than we do...nobody gives a crap about which one of them joined...I calculated their strength vs us taking OUT the strongest 13 in the guild...okay? So no matter how you slice it, dice or try to be a **** about it, they still averaged over 2 million GP PER member...maybe 1.5.
    So again, to recap, no matter if their top 13 didn't join, they STILL averaged 40 to 50% more GLs and Relic characters..

Except that you’re still avoiding the question about how many of your players signed up. As I already pointed out if their 13 strongest players didn’t join, but you had all 50 then you could actually have outmatched them, at least on some metrics. You’re consistently not giving the pertinent information, like the TW history for your guild which can easily be found on swgoh.gg. A smaller guild can comfortably beat a bigger one, the details that you aren’t giving are important to help see if the matchmaking is working or not.
  • We had 43 sign up. Even with 6 more of any gl we are still outmatched.
  • We had 43 sign up. Even with 6 more of any gl we are still outmatched.

Unless all 7 of yours who didn’t sign up had no GLs or top ships, and all 13 of theirs who didn’t sign up had everything.

What were the active GPs that signed up? That’s the only important question, and you keep avoiding it.
  • I already told you.
    The average GP of the ACTIVE players were 2 million more GP. The weakest participant on THEIR team was 2 million stronger than OUR weakest. Idk what else you want. I've answered your question..and you keep saying I'm avoiding it. Look...idk how else to tell you....their list of GLs had the entire guild had 50 of one gl...48 of another and mid 40s of the rest.
    Not everyone in our guild has any of one GL...okay. I think the most is 38 of one.
    Dude, your making me repeat things. The CG algorithm screwed us over.
  • I already told you.
    The average GP of the ACTIVE players were 2 million more GP. The weakest participant on THEIR team was 2 million stronger than OUR weakest. Idk what else you want. I've answered your question..and you keep saying I'm avoiding it. Look...idk how else to tell you....their list of GLs had the entire guild had 50 of one gl...48 of another and mid 40s of the rest.
    Not everyone in our guild has any of one GL...okay. I think the most is 38 of one.

No, all you’ve shown is guild level statistics, for all players in the guild, not only for the players who were active in the TW. Unless you’re trying to say that the screenshots above show that their 37 players who signed up had 523m GP, which is not possible in the game currently and that some of them had multiple copies of the same GL. So, once again, what was the active GP, for the players who signed up to TW, on each side? Why won’t you answer that? Which players sign up from a guild matters a lot.

On top of all of that you insist on talking just about GLs and GL fleets. Despite CGs intentions, GLs aren’t the be all to end all. You can beat LV with Fennec lead BH, Jabba falls to Aphra with a good datacron (and can be two-shot with a lot else besides), Sith empire can beat JML, Rey can go down to Trench, and GG can beat SEE on defence. In fleets Exe can drop to Finalizer, Prof and Levi can both be beaten by Empire. You aren’t actually showing anything that makes your point.
  • 43 payers X 8.8m average GP = 382M active GP vs 37 players X 10.4m average gp = 387M active GP

The above is an estimate because for some reason the actual information hasn't been posted even though it's been asked multiple times.

Regardless - Active GP was probably fairly close. The reason for them dominating was probably the following:

- Higher quality GP
    - More Skill
    - More participation

All things that the algorithm doesn't care about.
  • I already told you.

No, all you’ve shown is guild level statistics, for all players in the guild, not only for the players who were active in the TW. Unless you’re trying to say that the screenshots above show that their 37 players who signed up had 523m GP, which is not possible in the game currently and that some of them had multiple copies of the same GL. So, once again, what was the active GP, for the players who signed up to TW, on each side? Why won’t you answer that? Which players sign up from a guild matters a lot.

On top of all of that you insist on talking just about GLs and GL fleets. Despite CGs intentions, GLs aren’t the be all to end all. You can beat LV with Fennec lead BH, Jabba falls to Aphra with a good datacron (and can be two-shot with a lot else besides), Sith empire can beat JML, Rey can go down to Trench, and GG can beat SEE on defence. In fleets Exe can drop to Finalizer, Prof and Levi can both be beaten by Empire. You aren’t actually showing anything that makes your point.

Of course gls aren't the be all stat, BUT when your competing against a guild who can place 4 walls of GLS simply because they CAN vs they want to, it doesn't matter what counter you have. We saved ALL our gls because we were severely outnumbered...and it didn't matter in the end.
  • KwikShotaAce
    222 posts Member
    edited February 1
    ndm3ttucda38.jpg

Here. You wanted it. This is from their SWGOH guild account.
  • We're the 390 and they're the 422. Their overall guild strength is 526 million. Maybe 524...doesn't matter.
  • So the 17.8% GP advantage becomes 8.2%. What’s the threshold for an algorithm fail vs a fair matchup?
  • I dont think there is a physical number, but having severely less relic characters, GLs, and zeta is quite the disadvantage..
  • KwikShotaAce
    222 posts Member
    edited February 1
    c9ugnuuhaxsr.jpg

So even if you subtracted 13 from all their numbers, including ships, they still have a massive advantage. Also our highest zeta player has 292 zetas, then it's me at 282 and then 274. It takes to their 8th highest in guild for our highest to match zetas and omicrons. Anything else you want to know....idk how to tell who from their guild joined but it's safe to say the numbers all support me.
    Also this is both guilds at max power. I can safely say, from our numbers, you can reduce 6 like I did with their 13.
  • Even if they were missing their best, and you your worst, they do have an advantage. Not necessarily insurmountable, but a tough fight.

Not sure of your win-loss record, but that can be a factor if you have a string of wins and the algorithm wants to break it for you. Most guilds should average around a 50% win-loss over time anyway, so a single match-up shouldn’t be used to assess overall performance of the match maker.

The other side that’s always missing in these “matchmaker is unfair” threads is the examples where it was stacked in their own favour. Have you got any of these that offset the hard ones?
  • One more before I walk away from this one, the matchmaker is hardly the biggest issue that I think CG should focus on - from my perspective, the bugs in updates are far more frustrating than a match up that comes and goes.
  • TVF
    36559 posts Member
    Too many numbers
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • So the difference in active GP is less than 10%. Seems like a good enough matchup to me, and certainly a lot closer than some of the ones which we’ve won recently.
  • nottenst
    683 posts Member
    edited February 12
    The gift algorithm definitely works. Our opponents just lost 2 matches and we were selected to go up against them. Our 281M active GP was matched up against their 358M active GP. They were way ahead in every comparable statistic. A miserable TW experience.

Feb 2: And based on our new opponent's statistics and TW record, it looks like we are a gift again. At least this should mean that we get a gift next TW. [As so it was a gift for them. 295M active GP for us vs 356M active GP for them.]
    Post edited by nottenst on
  • Even if they were missing their best, and you your worst, they do have an advantage. Not necessarily insurmountable, but a tough fight.

Not sure of your win-loss record, but that can be a factor if you have a string of wins and the algorithm wants to break it for you. Most guilds should average around a 50% win-loss over time anyway, so a single match-up shouldn’t be used to assess overall performance of the match maker.

The other side that’s always missing in these “matchmaker is unfair” threads is the examples where it was stacked in their own favour. Have you got any of these that offset the hard ones?

That's an interesting thought. Here is our record...5k8zz8w6c64l.jpg