Would you like to see a change so Nute and Greedo's grenades/detonators explode on impact?

Would you like to see a change so Nute and Greedo's grenades/detonators explode on impact?

Replies

• I most definitely would
    Ally code 797-111-992
  • No. Then its not a grenade. Its just one more regular attack.
    (Dex Corso in game. Formerly Til Dais)
  • thecuriousocelot
    1030 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    No! Then they'd just be another AOE toon. What they need to do is increase the damage dealt by bombs - there was a thread on this literally yesterday...

edit: or, once bombs have exploded, they have the chance of further debuffing the attacked toon. E.g. health down for 2 turns, ability block, HI, etc... Anything to make them vaguely more effective.
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    No. Then its not a grenade. Its just one more regular attack.

I disagree. The single player campaign taught me that grenades CAN blow up immediately, and when 5 of them happen in a row it hurts.

Stormtroopers were a hurdle in LS 4.
  • They need to do way, way more damage.

At level 80 cap Greedo and Nute do 1987 and 1899 damage respectively. It should be 4k+.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • I'd like to see them bypass 'protection' which is I think what'll happen.
  • droctane wrote: »
    I'd like to see them bypass 'protection' which is I think what'll happen.
    That would be good if implemented correctly.

HGF69 wrote: »
    Currently, counter attacks don't proc against toons that have thrown a grenade. If it was immediate damage, I would expect this to change.

I like having abilities in game that feel like they could counter other builds. Delayed damage grenades, if tuned to be competitive, could be one type.

Turn em up!

Knights of the Mobile Republic
  • droctane wrote: »
    I'd like to see them bypass 'protection' which is I think what'll happen.

i v. much doubt it. They have already changed Advantage from giving an armour-piercing to a crit.-up buff. This is purely speculation, but I think that's a pretty strong indication that there are plans for any toon to be able to 'bypass' Protection as you say.
  • I agree with others. If you have to wait 2-3 turns for them, they should do devastating damage. In that amount of time there is too much of a chance for them to be dispelled or for the toon to already be dead by the time they go off. Seeing that little red bomb over your toons head should strike some panic IMO.

The other option is to lower the detonation to one turn.

Btw... The only thing they are really currently useful for is if you have toons like 88 that get damage a damage bonus for negative status effects. Unless I'm mistaken... Detonators count. You get 3 or 4 of them to stick to the enemies, then drop 88's AOE. Lights out!
  • Smapty
    1260 posts Member
    If Nute's would explode on the targets death it would make it much more useful. Since his does a percentage of the targets health and about half that to all other targets. Would give the skill some more viability at least.
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Smapty wrote: »
    If Nute's would explode on the targets death it would make it much more useful. Since his does a percentage of the targets health and about half that to all other targets. Would give the skill some more viability at least.

If the target was dead, it would do zero damage and half zero damage.
    Might want to reconsider...
  • Smapty
    1260 posts Member
    Timitock wrote: »

It's damage is based off the targets max hp's not their current hp's

• Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Timitock wrote: »

It's damage is based off the targets max hp's not their current hp's

My bad, Zero damage and half damage to all is OK I guess
  • I'd like to see the damage from Thermal Detonators actually kill a target, not leave them with 1HP or whatever it is.
  • There is nothing wrong with the Thermal Detonator it's the bad AI tossing them first round that needs fixed. And when/if DOT can kill is fixed Thermal Detonators will kill.
  • JediMasterCK
    13 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    I have made this suggestion before, but the TD should detonate in a given timeframe (say 3-4 turns) or upon the death of the toon to use it. So if the toon lasts the full timeframe, it detonates at max power, calculated off a base amount of damage as if the toon to use it died right after using it. (say 3K damage turn one, 4K turn 2, 6K turn 3 and max power of 8-9K). This ensures its detonation (which is the primary flaw) and incentivizes the user to not only use the toon, but manage to keep him/her alive.