Kit Reveal: Comeuppance

Replies

• Goodbye red crates :(
  • Current prestige collection is a bit slow compared to the demand for it

LOLOLOL

You def collect a full cap ship's worth of Prestige more often than a new cap ship drops. While I completely understand that more recent players will be currently lacking a lot of prestige upgrades, the only thing that matters is that your Prestige increases faster than your need for Prestige increases. And as soon as you unlock all the cap ships that aren't the most recent 3 (Executor, Profundity, Levi), that's definitely going to be true.

Yes, at the beginning you're unlocking new cap ships all the time and so it seems like the need for Prestige is increasing rapidly, but there's an end to that progression. If prestige wasn't generating a surplus, I would have whatever I have, which is big enough I don't even look at it.

And... okay, it's 7.5k. It's not ridiculously huge, but like I said, it's been growing throughout the past several years, so that definitely proves that we're not getting new cap ships fast enough to draw down Prestige.

I think it's fine.

While true that at the end of it all prestige is a non-factor it's frustrating having to overlook multiple factions of ships because of prestige alone. Taking a break for 2 years is what stuck me. Came back a year ago to 2 new ships being in the game that I'm way behind prestige on. At the moment I've got about half of a max ship's worth and still have finalizer, raddus, endurance, prof and levi to take the abilities up on. That's at least another 2-3 years for me to generate prestige for counting in a new ship every year. I get 10/day from SA which is lower than most, but getting into those high spots daily is a difficult task to catch up on.
  • Xhedao
    209 posts Member
    edited January 16
    Autumn wrote: »
    cm517r0sgqi2.png
    (ACTUAL ART WILL BE INSERTED ONCE APPROVED. UNTIL THEN, ENJOY A ONE OF A KIND, TUSKEN MEATHEAD MASTERPIECE)

UNIT NAME: Comeuppance
    ALIGNMENT: Light Side
    CATEGORIES: Support, Resistance, Scoundrel, Smuggler

Key Attributes:
    • Assists allies with Deflector Shield
    • Out of turn attacks Target Locks enemies
    • Reinforcement Exposes all enemies

Inspiration:
    • When we added Zorri Bliss to the game last January, her Y-wing was immediately considered and put onto the roadmap.
    • The Resistance was the only fleet in the game with fewer than five ships so this inclusion would be vital moving forward with Fleets as a system
    • We took inspiration from Zorri’s (and the rest of the fleet’s) arrival at Exegol as well as Poe’s X-wing’s Dramatic Entrance buff, giving that to her and her allies when she reinforces
    • Zorri’s criminal past and relationship with Poe Dameron gave us the ability names for Spice Running Tactics, I Think You’re Okay, Take a Guess Spice Runner and Want to Come With Me?

Strategy Tips:
    • Reinforcing with Comeuppance provides a dramatic buff to Resistance allies
    • Capitalizing on when the enemy is Exposed can help power the fleet

FAQ:
    How do we get our Comeuppance?
    Galactic Chase starting Friday

ABILITIES:

BASIC: IX4-B laser cannons

Final Text:
    Deal Physical damage to target enemy. If Comeuppance has Dramatic Entrance, all Resistance allies gain Critical Chance Up and Critical Damage Up for 1 turn.

Target Lock: Gain Dramatic Entrance for 1 turn

SPECIAL 1: Want to Come With Me? (CD=3)

Final Text:
    Expose target enemy for 2 turns, which can't be evaded or resisted. All Resistance allies gain Foresight for 1 turn. If target enemy already had Expose, call all Resistance allies to assist and all Resistance allies recover 25% Protection.

UNIQUE 1: Spice Running Tactics

Final Text:
    Comeuppance has +30% Max Health and Max Protection.
    Resistance allies gain 10% Turn Meter whenever they use a Basic ability on an enemy with Expose. Whenever Resistance allies gain bonus Turn Meter while they have less than 100% Turn Meter, they gain Protection Up (20%, stacking) for 1 turn.

UNIQUE 2: I Think You're Okay

Final Text:
    Comeuppance has +100% counter chance. Whenever another Resistance ally with Deflector Shield uses a Special ability, Comeuppance assists. Whenever a Resistance ally attacks out of turn, they gain Potency Up for 2 turns and inflict target enemy with Target Lock for 1 turn if they didn't already have it.

REINFORCE:

Final Text:
    Enter Battle: Remove Dramatic Entrance from all allies then all Resistance allies gain Dramatic Entrance for 2 turns, which can't be copied, dispelled, or prevented. All enemies are Exposed for 1 turn, which can't be evaded or resisted. Reduce the cooldowns of all Resistance allies with Deflector Shield by 1.

Dramatic Entrance: +25% Offense; deal bonus True damage equal to 10% of the target's Max Health, which can't be evaded; gain 20% Turn Meter and Dramatic Entrance for 2 turns if this ship defeats an enemy

EDIT
    NOTE: With the release of Comeuppance, all faction fleets now have a minimum of five ships available to them. Fleet-based Galactic Challenges will now require five ships for the full faction feat.

what about malevolence? or does ig88 count there too?

Three Geonosian Star fighters and two droid ships (Hyena and Culture)
    You do not need Ig88
  • Can't pass up an opportunity to make the game worse for the average player. Classic CG
  • Not what i was hoping for. I expect a GAC expansion of fleets to come soon. As a GL rey owner, I am not hyped. I need prequel or Old republic content CG! LLTKE1
  • I was the first one to predict trench getting a capital ship before anyone, and I am just hyped for it to come out!!! Lets get to the good content CG!
  • CG_Tusken_Meathead
    300 posts EA Community Manager
    The artwork has been updated
  • Edited OP with note on bottom

First they gate omis behind a terrible game mode GC, then they make it worse by adding fleets to GC, then MAKE IT WORSE by making this change. Smh.
  • Meh I like the original art work better
  • what about malevolence? or does ig88 count there too?

I count 5 Separtist ships. 3 Geos + HB and VD.
  • Noticed the info about there being FIVE ships per fleet being in RED letters. Does this confirm the long awaited Red 5 is coming as well?
  • It was asked earlier, but asking again since it's important: What node type is being used for the chase?
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Gold4 wrote: »
    lmao

Really? This post was so funny you laughed so hard your **** fell off? You have a low bar to clear for comedy, my friend
  • @Algech
    While true that at the end of it all prestige is a non-factor it's frustrating having to overlook multiple factions of ships because of prestige alone.

Not at the end of it all.

There are some ships that are very nearly GL-worthy quests to get. They take a LONG TIME.

What kills people is when they're opening multiple cap ships at the same time, but you're only simultaneously opening up multiple CSs when you're relatively early. Once you get to the point where only GL-like ships remain locked, you'll be picking up Prestige faster than you can add new prestige requirements.

And yes, it's frustrating to have factions that are underdeveloped, but ... that's how the game is. There's only so much stuff to go round, and you can either choose to bring all your CSs up to mediocre range or you can boost one CS at a time to match your best fighters, then work on the next CS. That's just completely normal for how this game works.

I mean, if the game is already giving more prestige than it adds over time, then how would you like to see the economy change? Even if they doubled or tripled the economy you would still be prestige-limited for a while, just a different amount of "while".

So what is the right amount of time that Prestige should be a relevant consideration in the game? And how much faster would Prestige have to accumulate in order to target that time frame? And most importantly, why is the time frame you imagine better than the time frame that currently exists?

Given that Prestige is already enough to top up all the ships eventually, what specifically should be different and why?

I'm willing to agree with an argument, but you've not really made one other than "I don't have enough to max everything right now, which limits some of my factions." And, yeah. You don't have enough right now. But why is that wrong? Why is that such a problem that the game designers need to fix it?

I mean, it might be that big of a problem, but you're going to have to make your case.
  • Why bother changing it now? Surely 3 ships has been established as a reasonable expectation even if it can be cheesed.

Yeah I'm worried about Grand Arena now, are we not gonna be able to underdog now???
  • I like Meathead's artwork better! Meathead for Lead Artist!
  • scuba
    13992 posts Member
    edited January 17
    I hope the people who do the C3PO bot use this image 🤣🤣🤣

it-will-be-done-star-wars.gif
  • scuba
    13992 posts Member
    Autumn wrote: »
    cm517r0sgqi2.png
    (ACTUAL ART WILL BE INSERTED ONCE APPROVED. UNTIL THEN, ENJOY A ONE OF A KIND, TUSKEN MEATHEAD MASTERPIECE)

UNIT NAME: Comeuppance
    ALIGNMENT: Light Side
    CATEGORIES: Support, Resistance, Scoundrel, Smuggler

Key Attributes:
    • Assists allies with Deflector Shield
    • Out of turn attacks Target Locks enemies
    • Reinforcement Exposes all enemies

Inspiration:
    • When we added Zorri Bliss to the game last January, her Y-wing was immediately considered and put onto the roadmap.
    • The Resistance was the only fleet in the game with fewer than five ships so this inclusion would be vital moving forward with Fleets as a system
    • We took inspiration from Zorri’s (and the rest of the fleet’s) arrival at Exegol as well as Poe’s X-wing’s Dramatic Entrance buff, giving that to her and her allies when she reinforces
    • Zorri’s criminal past and relationship with Poe Dameron gave us the ability names for Spice Running Tactics, I Think You’re Okay, Take a Guess Spice Runner and Want to Come With Me?

Strategy Tips:
    • Reinforcing with Comeuppance provides a dramatic buff to Resistance allies
    • Capitalizing on when the enemy is Exposed can help power the fleet

FAQ:
    How do we get our Comeuppance?
    Galactic Chase starting Friday

ABILITIES:

BASIC: IX4-B laser cannons

Final Text:
    Deal Physical damage to target enemy. If Comeuppance has Dramatic Entrance, all Resistance allies gain Critical Chance Up and Critical Damage Up for 1 turn.

Target Lock: Gain Dramatic Entrance for 1 turn

SPECIAL 1: Want to Come With Me? (CD=3)

Final Text:
    Expose target enemy for 2 turns, which can't be evaded or resisted. All Resistance allies gain Foresight for 1 turn. If target enemy already had Expose, call all Resistance allies to assist and all Resistance allies recover 25% Protection.

UNIQUE 1: Spice Running Tactics

Final Text:
    Comeuppance has +30% Max Health and Max Protection.
    Resistance allies gain 10% Turn Meter whenever they use a Basic ability on an enemy with Expose. Whenever Resistance allies gain bonus Turn Meter while they have less than 100% Turn Meter, they gain Protection Up (20%, stacking) for 1 turn.

UNIQUE 2: I Think You're Okay

Final Text:
    Comeuppance has +100% counter chance. Whenever another Resistance ally with Deflector Shield uses a Special ability, Comeuppance assists. Whenever a Resistance ally attacks out of turn, they gain Potency Up for 2 turns and inflict target enemy with Target Lock for 1 turn if they didn't already have it.

REINFORCE:

Final Text:
    Enter Battle: Remove Dramatic Entrance from all allies then all Resistance allies gain Dramatic Entrance for 2 turns, which can't be copied, dispelled, or prevented. All enemies are Exposed for 1 turn, which can't be evaded or resisted. Reduce the cooldowns of all Resistance allies with Deflector Shield by 1.

Dramatic Entrance: +25% Offense; deal bonus True damage equal to 10% of the target's Max Health, which can't be evaded; gain 20% Turn Meter and Dramatic Entrance for 2 turns if this ship defeats an enemy

EDIT
    NOTE: With the release of Comeuppance, all faction fleets now have a minimum of five ships available to them. Fleet-based Galactic Challenges will now require five ships for the full faction feat.

what about malevolence? or does ig88 count there too?

3 geo + 2 sep droid
  • kalidor wrote: »
    It was asked earlier, but asking again since it's important: What node type is being used for the chase?

Nah. confirms my theory of a trench capital ship

• Meathead, will we be getting a road ahead soon? Thanks for the great artwork!
  • @Algech
    While true that at the end of it all prestige is a non-factor it's frustrating having to overlook multiple factions of ships because of prestige alone.

There are some ships that are very nearly GL-worthy quests to get. They take a LONG TIME.

What kills people is when they're opening multiple cap ships at the same time, but you're only simultaneously opening up multiple CSs when you're relatively early. Once you get to the point where only GL-like ships remain locked, you'll be picking up Prestige faster than you can add new prestige requirements.

And yes, it's frustrating to have factions that are underdeveloped, but ... that's how the game is. There's only so much stuff to go round, and you can either choose to bring all your CSs up to mediocre range or you can boost one CS at a time to match your best fighters, then work on the next CS. That's just completely normal for how this game works.

I mean, if the game is already giving more prestige than it adds over time, then how would you like to see the economy change? Even if they doubled or tripled the economy you would still be prestige-limited for a while, just a different amount of "while".

So what is the right amount of time that Prestige should be a relevant consideration in the game? And how much faster would Prestige have to accumulate in order to target that time frame? And most importantly, why is the time frame you imagine better than the time frame that currently exists?

Given that Prestige is already enough to top up all the ships eventually, what specifically should be different and why?

I'm willing to agree with an argument, but you've not really made one other than "I don't have enough to max everything right now, which limits some of my factions." And, yeah. You don't have enough right now. But why is that wrong? Why is that such a problem that the game designers need to fix it?

I mean, it might be that big of a problem, but you're going to have to make your case.

I will say this.
    Cg has for the longest time been building fleets up. Empire just got a big boost and so did first order. Mace Windu was supposed to get a boost, yet, was stolen to go with negotiator. What I am upset with is when trench gets his capital ship, does that make GG CS useless? I can understand day one fleets being made useless, however, when a fleet people farm for 1 or more years, and now it will be useless, that is what upsets me. I hope CG keeps GG relevant, however, I believe they will push metas and they do not want off meta counters, which again, I understand. I just hope double drops start happening for ships so people can enjoy the fleet metas while they last and make the most of there investment.
  • What I am upset with is when trench gets his capital ship, does that make GG CS useless?

Trench can't get a capital ship until there are at least 5 more separatist fighters. It's going to be a long time before you have to worry about a Trench ship.
  • What I am upset with is when trench gets his capital ship, does that make GG CS useless?

Trench can't get a capital ship until there are at least 5 more separatist fighters. It's going to be a long time before you have to worry about a Trench ship.
    What I am upset with is when trench gets his capital ship, does that make GG CS useless?

They did it with piet tho. And with akbar. Now akbar is useless
  • There are 10 rebel fighters in the game. You may not like the Home1 fleet you end up with, but there are 10 Rebs to play with.

I didn't say that you (or anyone else) would love malevolence after Trench's cap ship comes out.

I only said that Trench's CS wasn't coming out anytime soon, so it's nothing we have to worry about now.
  • There are 10 rebel fighters in the game. You may not like the Home1 fleet you end up with, but there are 10 Rebs to play with.

I didn't say that you (or anyone else) would love malevolence after Trench's cap ship comes out.

I only said that Trench's CS wasn't coming out anytime soon, so it's nothing we have to worry about now.

I predict it comes out within 18 months
  • YubNub81 wrote: »
    aispeed wrote: »
    Big hyped for this ship!

r4q8getjlyyu.gif

Its true, I genuinely want this fleet to be better. I don't want it to be worthless
  • @Algech

From the perspective of someone starting the game today there are 12 capital ships with another on the way this year. When I started the game there were 5 with 2 on the horizon. They introduced that prestige ship event around when I started from my memory. The person starting today will unlock 3 capital ships right off the bat as is tradition only one of which they can really dedicate resources to. I think this is completely fine it's a limited resource game, but then as they can max out another capital ship they will likely unlock 1-3 more if they were to focus on ships. I just don't think that the capital ship ability material should be so time gated. I can upgrade one higher level ability in about the same time it takes for me to give a zeta, but a zeta doesn't lock me from upgrading lower level abilities. Maybe splitting capital ship abilities into another tiered system like that could work but at this point it's too late to overhaul the system.

Tldr; I think that it's fine to limit how many capital ships you can max out to maybe 1-1.5 per year but don't make that take away from getting a capital ship to a usable level as well.
  • Krjstoff
    627 posts Member
    edited January 17
    Okay cool - can we please make Grogu and Kelleran farmable now?
    aispeed wrote: »
    Its true, I genuinely want this fleet to be better. I don't want it to be worthless

Am I the only one who has been using the resistance fleet to double tap Executor ever since it made it's entrance to the game? That's nowhere near useless to me.
    Post edited by Krjstoff on
  • Can't say I'm excited for a new, super slow ship to farm.