Kit Reveal: Comeuppance

13Next

Replies

• Autumn wrote: »
    what about malevolence? or does ig88 count there too?

Right now there are 5 separatist ships: 3 geos + 2 pilotless droids.
  • Zumwan wrote: »
    Autumn wrote: »
    what about malevolence? or does ig88 count there too?

Right now there are 5 separatist ships: 3 geos + 2 pilotless droids.

Yes, but sometimes it’s been droid ships, not separatist.
    Account started June 2020. 100% FTP. 8.2m GP. JMK, JML, SLKR, and SEE. Exe and Levi. Ally code 117-269-921. Swgoh.gg
  • scuba
    14007 posts Member
    I hope the people who do the C3PO bot use this image 🤣🤣🤣

unit-COMEUPPANCE.png?ex=65baa321&is=65a82e21&hm=531c31f9fd80fff7f930275f5de0702548ebf6e7470a6256bf5da706b571d1b4&
  • I mean, full faction feats for characters is understandable as there is generally a variety of them available, but do we even have a variety of ships to fullfil the same criteria? Seems like a deteriorating QoL change to me.
  • xpgammer
    140 posts Member
    edited January 18
    Looks great
    Sometimes a door is just a door
  • I'm appreciative that they made the chase fleet currency right after IGrogu went to fleet. Very friendly move to eat up some of my crystal stash.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • TVF
    36445 posts Member
    I'm appreciative that they made the chase fleet currency right after IGrogu went to fleet. Very friendly move to eat up some of my crystal stash.

On the other hand, I can't farm IG-Rogu because I'm hoarding for the chase.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    I'm appreciative that they made the chase fleet currency right after IGrogu went to fleet. Very friendly move to eat up some of my crystal stash.

On the other hand, I can't farm IG-Rogu because I'm hoarding for the chase.

hoard harder
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • One thing that has frequently annoyed me is that if you take characters of similar relic levels or ships of similar stars & abilities and pilot relic levels, the featured squad, even with the appropriate faction bonus, is often much worse at accomplishing the task than other factions.

I honestly don't like that design. I won't say that it's bad design per se, since I think there's room for opinion on this, but if you're trying to test breadth of roster (which I understood them to be doing), then making the faction bonus such that it's easier to complete the task with the chosen faction (given equivalent relics & zetas) is the right move. Why do you even want a challenge that is supposedly for a particular favoured faction if the favoured faction are particularly bad at the task?
  • My favorite part is how we get the immediate middle finger with a ship galactic challenge.
  • Enesprit
    3 posts Member
    edited January 19
    F u cg
  • And, again, a challenge with the favoured faction being completely awful at completing the task.

I don't think it's a middle finger that we got a fleet GC.

I **definitely** think it's a middle finger that FO fleets are utterly incompetent at the GC.
  • Was it really that bad? I managed it first time with a 6* finalizer and the rest of the FO fleet at SLKR req levels. I lost a few ships, but it didn’t seem overly difficult or impossible at any point. Perhaps the RNG over assists fell nicely for me and not others 🤷‍♂️
    Account started June 2020. 100% FTP. 8.2m GP. JMK, JML, SLKR, and SEE. Exe and Levi. Ally code 117-269-921. Swgoh.gg
  • I've tried with every comp I can think, including dropping 2 FO ships + Hound's Tooth. My FO ships are maxed (including Finalizer) and I'm above SLKR relic levels.

What was your comp? And kill order?
  • Notthatguyfrombefore
    1049 posts Member
    edited January 19
    Silencer, Echelon, Shuttle. RI FOSFT, FOT, Dorito. Kill order was Scythe, Ties, Reaper and then whoever else came in as RIs on their side. I think it was the palpmobile and one other.

EDIT - if lots of others have found it that hard I’ll accept I’m probably wrong on the difficulty level and I must have gotten god-level RNG.
  • LordDirt
    4876 posts Member
    edited January 19
    And, again, a challenge with the favoured faction being completely awful at completing the task.

I don't think it's a middle finger that we got a fleet GC.

I **definitely** think it's a middle finger that FO fleets are utterly incompetent at the GC.

GC was the easiest one in awhile. I got the red crate in my first battle. No need for multiple battles like most. ill4yh1smy0g.png
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • RoyKent wrote: »
    My favorite part is how we get the immediate middle finger with a ship galactic challenge.

How is it a middle finger? You don’t like getting things immediately? Rather wait months to get a chance to farm it and then months of farming to get it to 7*?
  • LordDirt wrote: »
    RoyKent wrote: »
    My favorite part is how we get the immediate middle finger with a ship galactic challenge.

How is it a middle finger? You don’t like getting things immediately? Rather wait months to get a chance to farm it and then months of farming to get it to 7*?

Agreed. These chases are some of the fastest and cheapest ways to 7* a new unit, particularly with ships who stay unaccelerated forever. More chases please CG!
  • Lumiya
    1391 posts Member
    LordDirt wrote: »

@RoyKent wrote Galactic Challenge, not Chase
    We are all made of star-stuff
  • Lumiya wrote: »

crap, read that wrong
  • LordDirt wrote: »
    GC was the easiest one in awhile. I got the red crate in my first battle.

100% this, same here.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • Lumiya
    1391 posts Member
    Lumiya wrote: »

crap, read that wrong

v18vzq9b5lym.jpg
    We are all made of star-stuff
  • FTR:

I have attempted the final tier well over 50 times now without success. I have used exactly the comps other people said that they won with first try (and there have been 4 of those that I've tried). In literally every single case I had tried that comp before it was suggested as a first time victory. I have SLKR. I have extra relic levels on some but not all FO pilots.

This faction is particularly bad at this GC or it wouldn't be possible to do this 60 or maybe even 70 times without success.

I don't doubt that people have got it first try. If we hypothesize that it's a 1-in-30 chance to get the right RNG than I've got bad but not god-tier bad RNG, while 1 person in 30 gets it first try. Plenty enough to account for the 2 reports of first-try success in my guild and the several others I've seen elsewhere.

Obviously I have no data on what the actual numbers are, but I appreciate the people who left a team comp. FO is still terrible at this mission unless I have truly god-tier bad RNG.

There is simply nothing game breaking in the GC rewards for tierX. If you have the toons, you should get the rewards. It really should be a roster check, and a difficulty level that requires more than 5 attempts serves no legit game design purpose.
  • Bit Dynasty has an interesting strategy.
    CS: Malevolence
    Starting Fleet: Vulture, Hyena, TIE Silencer
    Reinforcements: 4xFO

It doesn't work if Vulture gets killed before its first turn. Yes, it gets replaced with a new vulture droid, but that new droid has 0 TM. You want your OG Vulture to go before Hyena, put Buzz Droids on Scythe, then Hyena can AoE Buzz Droids while targeting Scythe and get some assists. If you get that combo, you can get Scythe down pretty quickly.

If your Vulture goes down before it takes a turn, restart. Took me 5 attempts to get the right RNG. Things looked shaky a couple times after that, but TIE Echelon (the tank) was my first Reinforcement and lasted just long enough for me to kill all the enemy TIEs. It wasn't like I really wanted to kill the TIEs that fast, but with Mal's AoE + the Buzz Droid effects, that's how it fell out. Palp's shuttle came out, I killed Reaper, they killed my last buzz droid, brought in another ship, Mal hit Ult, which also gave me a fresh Vulture. Killed the other ship, then killed Palp.

It still offends my inner game designer that FO should be worse at accomplishing the assigned task than Mal + 2 seps. Nice to get Red Crate, but IMO opinion this is just terrible.

I hope CG revisits these GCs to look at the data for the % of wins with Finalizer-led FO fleets vs. attempts, and also for the % of wins with Finalizer vs. % of wins with other cap ships. This is just sad.
  • I still don't know how Empire at War characters haven't entered this game yet, (besides a few), I would really like to see more neutral characters like Tyber Zann and the Merciless (good against Thrawn in Empire at War), Urai Fen, and maybe a dark side Silri. This is just a few units I would like to see, and maybe more later.