QGJ omicron bugged

NatureBoy0713
40 posts Member
edited January 19
So unless I’m missing something, it says in his omicron that while he’s still active other Jedi cannot be defeated. Well… in GAC Nihilus insta killed anakin while QGJ is still alive. If this is WAI please explain how and if not, then CG please fix this. That could very well cost me my GAC.

ra48kye9dk39.png
Post edited by crzydroid on

Replies

• scuba
    14007 posts Member
    Insta kills seem to bypass those savior type things
  • scuba wrote: »
    Insta kills seem to bypass those savior type things

But is that coded as intended? If that’s the case then they need to stop saying “can’t be defeated” because that means exactly that. Cant be defeated. So it’s either a bug or it’s terrible description in the kit.
    I lost my GAC because of that. I had to waste more teams trying to clean things up rather than get JKA to nuke whoever he could.
  • I agree it's poorly written. Nihilus's annihilate has a "can't be evaded" mechanic that seems to overrides the qgj can't be defeated mechanic. When they're in direct conflict, one has to override the other. The only scenarios where annihilate doesn't insta kill is raid bosses and GLs who have a specific mechanic that makes them immune to insta kills and instead just take massive damage. Because qgj doesn't specifically say they are immune to destroy effects, this seems to be in a different category. They should add "can't be defeated except by destroy effects" to qgj's omi, but unlikely that they will.
  • DJDrew wrote: »
    I agree it's poorly written. Nihilus's annihilate has a "can't be evaded" mechanic that seems to overrides the qgj can't be defeated mechanic. When they're in direct conflict, one has to override the other. The only scenarios where annihilate doesn't insta kill is raid bosses and GLs who have a specific mechanic that makes them immune to insta kills and instead just take massive damage. Because qgj doesn't specifically say they are immune to destroy effects, this seems to be in a different category. They should add "can't be defeated except by destroy effects" to qgj's omi, but unlikely that they will.

That’s messed up then. It’s a simple test fix that doesn’t even involve the coding. They need to clean that up then cause it feels bad to lose a GAC simply because CG didn’t properly word their text on the kits.
  • You're not wrong. But I'd be shocked if they actually did anything about it
  • Seems more like a "can't go below 1 Health" mechanic, which still allows Instant Defeats.
  • Screerider wrote: »
    Seems more like a "can't go below 1 Health" mechanic, which still allows Instant Defeats.

But it doesn’t read like that. There are kits that’ll specifically call out “first time reduced to 1 health” which insta defeat def bypasses. Cant be defeated means can’t be defeated by any means though. So their wording is totally wrong and needs to be changed to reflect how it works so things like this don’t happen.
    Seems more like a "can't go below 1 Health" mechanic, which still allows Instant Defeats.

But it doesn’t read like that.
    I didn't say it did.

• scuba
    14007 posts Member
    edited January 18
    DJDrew wrote: »
    I agree it's poorly written. Nihilus's annihilate has a "can't be evaded" mechanic that seems to overrides the qgj can't be defeated mechanic. When they're in direct conflict, one has to override the other. The only scenarios where annihilate doesn't insta kill is raid bosses and GLs who have a specific mechanic that makes them immune to insta kills and instead just take massive damage. Because qgj doesn't specifically say they are immune to destroy effects, this seems to be in a different category. They should add "can't be defeated except by destroy effects" to qgj's omi, but unlikely that they will.

Evasion has nothing to do with it.
    Just means the ability can't miss.
    Use annihilate on the alter in the assault battle and will see a real can't be defeated.

It is as other have said bad wording (if it is working as intended).
    They can't be defeated by damage.
    DN annihilate does no damage.
    Wording should be they can't drop below 1 health as that is more what the omi acts like.

Edit:
    I went and looked it up on swgoh.gg and as expected it is putting a health limit on them. So damage can't take them below 1 health. Insta kill can bypass this since they do no damage.
    jnf66k5jlska.jpg
  • Qgj omicron was written in a time when destroy effects and health < 1 status were both referred to as "defeated".

You are 100% correct that the omicron should protect against the annhiliate yet this is working as intended.

Yes, their intention contradicts their own logical system, but this is barely the first time.

This issue has been raised to the devs and they confirmed this is wai. They simply neglected the argument about the logical inconsistency.

Similar cases are: spare parts can be triggered to *dispel* spare parts, but spare parts cannot be dispelled. The correct phrase would be "remove" ,see GAS' kit. They refused to update the wording.

In the Krayt raid if maul uses 2nd special to defeat a bomb, dragon gets 15% TM, and if he reaches 100%+ TM, the dragon will go before Maul, who actually has a bonus turn. They even linked me the original devpost that clearly says bonus turn goes before anyone with TM waiting in the line and THEN they said this was WAI.

All in all, OP you are correct, but the devs dont seem to care enough about the inherent logic of the game, however this also means that basically they will always have the option to say something is wai.
  • Oh I forgot to mention that unending loyalty absolutely does protect a ship against the chimaera ultimate. Good luck finding a fundamental difference between that and qgj... And yes, I also raised this to the devs, they just dont have to reply to me.
    Screerider wrote: »

I didn't say it did.

I didn’t say you did, I’m simply stating how the wording on the kit is.
    scuba wrote: »
    DJDrew wrote: »

Evasion has nothing to do with it.
    Just means the ability can't miss.
    Use annihilate on the alter in the assault battle and will see a real can't be defeated.

It is as other have said bad wording (if it is working as intended).
    They can't be defeated by damage.
    DN annihilate does no damage.
    Wording should be they can't drop below 1 health as that is more what the omi acts like.

Edit:
    I went and looked it up on swgoh.gg and as expected it is putting a health limit on them. So damage can't take them below 1 health. Insta kill can bypass this since they do no damage.
    jnf66k5jlska.jpg

So much work when all that needs to be done is change the wording of the kit….ugh. Well that’s a 600 crystal difference in prizes this round. WOOOO! That stinks lol
  • TVF
    36445 posts Member
    You'll end up winning roughly half the time regardless
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH

I didn't say it did.

Ok. Some people like repeating themselves, I guess.

• NatureBoy0713
    40 posts Member
    edited January 19

I didn't say it did.

Ok. Some people like repeating themselves, I guess.

I don’t know why you’re being cynical and rude during a conversation over a legitimate issue. Kits should act like they read. There’s no reason why CG can’t go in to the kits that work like this and properly word them. Sometimes issues need to be repeated and brought back up to bring positive change in the game
  • Seems more like a "can't go below 1 Health" mechanic, which still allows Instant Defeats.
  • Then why not word his kit that way? OP's complaint that CG uses the same words in kits to mean different things is a valid complaint that extends beyond just QGJ's omi.
  • Lumiya
    1391 posts Member
    Then why not word his kit that way? OP's complaint that CG uses the same words in kits to mean different things is a valid complaint that extends beyond just QGJ's omi.

Agreed. And it gets even worse in other languages if it is translated poorly which can cause even more confusion.
    We are all made of star-stuff
  • Then why not word his kit that way?
    I didn't write the kit.

• You didn't? That is new information and affects something that someone has said somewhere.
  • Maybe just adding "Does not prevent destroy effects"
    Would solve it