Galactic challenge Lotale

AveDavid55
7 posts Member
edited January 20
Hello there. How's it going? What do you think of the new galactic challenge requiring 5 FOs?

[CM - Edited for rude remarks]
Post edited by EA_Mako on

Replies

• Fully support this message above. It's horrible for new and mid-game players especially. How many rosters have 5 resistance ships?) Bosses are too strong even for top fleets, how it's possible to beat them with 2nd tier ones?
  • Agreed. Took an already annoying chore and made it worse. Nothing about the challenges is fun.
  • Hey CG, try making sure that the required fleet can actually beat the GC
  • ryfbm2ryv59z.png

Bounty hunters for the win, kill scythe first, then the summoned ties. I brought silencer in first then command shuttle
  • Did it with full FO + Plo from the bench but it wasn't easy. Ended up with Silencer-Shuttle-SF fighter start, Echelon and Plo reinforcements. Focusing Scythe from the start just don't work for me but killing two other ships first while trying to control Scythe worked at last.
  • Thanks, I managed to complete it. But I can't imagine how it's possible to complete GC with my weak r
    esistance ships one day. Before it was not a problem with the executor.
  • If you have one strong fleet then you should be able to do all feats except the faction specific one in many cases (with a suitably balanced roster). If you don’t have that faction then, yes, you might not be able to max it, although in some cases it’ll probably be cheeseable with CS+2 from a good fleet and then 1+4RI from the faction needed. This just brings ship GCs in line with the other ones.

GCs are supposed to test roster breadth, early and mid level players shouldn’t be able to max every GC. Otherwise there wouldn’t be any progression.
    Account started June 2020. 100% FTP. 8.2m GP. JMK, JML, SLKR, and SEE. Exe and Levi. Ally code 117-269-921. Swgoh.gg
  • Hey CG, try making sure that the required fleet can actually beat the GC
    You know **** well they don’t play their game. Too busy with their Colecovision LOTR game.
  • Easy as pie. Took Executor with HT, RC and Kylo Shuttle as starter and the rest FO as RI. Call Tie Silencer as first RI. Crowd control and focus Scythe. As soon as it is out you have won. It was really no big deal even with 5 FO ships. So instead of flaming, insulting and whining on the forums you could start using that grey stuff between your ears for a change.
  • ryfbm2ryv59z.png

Bounty hunters for the win, kill scythe first, then the summoned ties. I brought silencer in first then command shuttle

I actually wouldn’t kill the summoned Tie since they are very weak but occupy 2 slots which could be filled with stronger RI when you kill em.
  • Got red crate first try with this lineup. Didn’t even lose a ship. Easiest Galactic Challenge in awhile. Usually it takes multiple teams to get red crate. qulz7y7hz9qv.png
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Lumiya
    1391 posts Member
    This makes me want to vomit aswell as some of the comments. Not everyone has Executor but still can have a broad roster. I have 2 out of the 3 GL ships, my Finalizer is actually really developed and I lose with the faction it is supposed to be solved with. I've tried so many different Setups, different Capital ships aswell as different starting lineup etc and nothing. This is absolutely frustrating.
    We are all made of star-stuff
  • Rius
    353 posts Member
    Next time they run LSB’s we know we are going to need to use those units to achieve the same rewards we used to have 😂.

FO fleet is only one I did not pick up as I need 1 ship to unlock finalizer… I did not think it was worth the price to rush it.
  • A guild mate used this lineup1eql9b7cj7cf.png
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • StarSon
    7370 posts Member
    LordDirt wrote: »
    Got red crate first try with this lineup. Didn’t even lose a ship. Easiest Galactic Challenge in awhile. Usually it takes multiple teams to get red crate. qulz7y7hz9qv.png

Glad it works for some people, but I've run this (and slight variations) several times and only once got Scythe to yellow. Must be just heavily RNG dependent. T9 box for me.
  • Lumiya
    1391 posts Member
    edited January 19
    LordDirt wrote: »
    A guild mate used this lineup1eql9b7cj7cf.png

I can only agree with @StarSon that it must be heavily RNG dependent. I've run that lineup several times but it didn't work for me.

In general I have to say that when a challenge is supposed to be solved with a specific faction, it should be doable with said faction without having to restart 100 times and just hoping for good RNG.

I finally managed to get it done with FO but it took me a really long time with lots of different Setups, retries and good RNG. It should not be this frustrating if you have the faction in question and definitely even less so if you have that faction even higher than "normal".

Edit for typo
  • crzydroid
    7204 posts Moderator
    I did many tries in vain with Leviathan, Fury, bomber, and Dagger in start plus four FO and you would think Leviathan was the worst ship in the game. Also tried Profundity with Falcon, Outrider, and FO a couple of times but without Y-Wing they are just focused down.

The Finalizer plus Bounty Hunters comp above seemed to work for some reason.
  • Easy as pie. Took Executor with HT, RC and Kylo Shuttle as starter and the rest FO as RI. Call Tie Silencer as first RI. Crowd control and focus Scythe. As soon as it is out you have won. It was really no big deal even with 5 FO ships. So instead of flaming, insulting and whining on the forums you could start using that grey stuff between your ears for a change.

This worked for me, essentially. The only difference is I started with Echelon instead of Shuttle. Felt like there was a little bit of rng involved because they somehow focused on Echelon whenever HT wasn't taunting.
  • Hey, CG! Stop making Challenges challenging!
  • Lumiya
    1391 posts Member
    For everyone whom might like to try it, I ended up using Finalizer with Silencer, Shuttle and SF Tie in the starting lineup, reinforced with Echelon, HT and then Dorito. I concentrated on Scythe, because I wanted to control him, got him out first. Whenever he was not stunned or had ability block I used the shuttle to ability block him or SF Tie with calling KRU to assist. I had Plo Koon in reinforcement aswell but ended up not using him. But, it is RNG dependent because I've run that lineup several times, gave up on it and tried different things before I've read @Hortus ' comment whom used an almost similar approach so I've decided to give it another try. It took me 3 or 4 more tries before it finally worked.
  • Lumiya
    1391 posts Member
    Screerider wrote: »
    Hey, CG! Stop making Challenges challenging!

Challenging ≠ restarting over and over until RNG works in your favour
  • I think CG has been scaling up the difficulty on challenges for some time with the addition of GLs and more powerful characters and ships not being uncommon, meaning this new development while annoying is not unsurprising.
    The fleet meta over all seems to be channeled into most good fleets including HT. They have attempted to include other tanks, but they are just plain worse. (achelon, starfortress, etc.) Even though they have synergies with the capital ship, the Challenge, and other ships of the same faction, HT is still better to use.
    I feel that HT is just too strong compared to the other ship tanks. However I feel that is a different topic.

For this specific challenge I would have added a cooldown reduction to achelon so he could taunt more often or make FO ships able to target the hunted ship ignoring marked. Because as soon as Scythe takes a turn the battle is either lost or very close.
    The Scythe is a conquest ship and which requires a large amount of time or money to farm and should not be in a GC without good faction buffs. (the assists are fine but the Scythe just resist the resists 1/3 of your stuns)
    Sometimes a door is just a door
  • Use SFTP in your opening FO lineup. +80% potency for your FO, -20% tenacity for them.
  • Lumiya wrote: »
    Screerider wrote: »
    Hey, CG! Stop making Challenges challenging!

Challenging ≠ restarting over and over until RNG works in your favour
    Sometimes it does.
  • Galactic challenges are the effing worst of part this game at the moment by far, absolutely ridiculous….