Will SWGOH work on the Vision Pro?

SWGOH works on both iPhone and iPad but doesn't work on Mac. Not that it wouldn't work on Mac... CG made an active decision to block the game from working on a Mac with the new Apple Silicon CPUs.

Replies

• Ultra
    11486 posts Moderator
    the thread title and the post don’t correlate
  • I doubt they will make it work for the 4 people that buy the Vision Pro.

However, I do hope they are gonna make it available for the Mac one day
  • No it won't work on the VR headset natively, just like PCs for streaming there would need to be an emulator for it.
  • Jo_Jo72 wrote: »
    I doubt they will make it work for the 4 people that buy the Vision Pro.

Same thing people said about iPod, iPhone, iPad, AirPods, App Store…
  • Sick_Duck wrote: »
    Ok. This is important to understand..

The Mac issue for SWGOH is that CG “actively” blocked the iPad version from running on the Mac. This was a deliberate decision by CG. It’s not like they had to “make” a special version or do anything extra. They ACTIVELY blocked it from working on the Mac. Developers that create iPhone/iPad apps must block the app in the Mac App Store if they don’t want the mobile versions to be available. With NO ACTION the app would have been available for Mac users.
    The Vision Pro will have the same thing. All iPhone/iPad apps will work by default on the new VR headset UNLESS the developer decides to block it in the App Store.

So the question remains… will CG actively block players with the Vision Pro or not?

So unfortunately CG won't give you the answer here. If I was a betting man, and I am not, I would say there won't be support since they have a history of not supporting Macs. Good Luck.

Yes, I am THE Warrior.
  • Dude, I just looked it up, the App Store on the iPhone is different from the App Store on a Mac. They run two different softwares. So, no, you are wrong about what you are saying, they aren’t actively blocking it from Mac. Straight from Apple, “Mac and iOS (iPhone/iPad) are two separate platforms and apps for one do not work on the other.”.
  • Jo_Jo72 wrote: »
    I doubt they will make it work for the 4 people that buy the Vision Pro.

Same thing people said about iPod, iPhone, iPad, AirPods, App Store…

there is one big difference, iPod, iPhone, iPad, etc weren't costing € 3500....the Apple Vision Pro for now is a very niche product with that price.
  • It’s not that it is outdated information, there are only certain select apps that can work on both the iPhone/ipad and Mac. Not every app are designed to work on both.