Make squad arena great again! Please!

Prev1
C'mon CG! Prices are ridiculous there. Barely worth the effort. Why not give us something better? Why not zetas, since there seems to be a be a bottleneck for long-time players? Do it! Do it now!

Replies

• Nauros
    5419 posts Member
    Nah, keep it dead. It was just the same fight or two over and over anyway.
  • Can't wait for fleet to get the samd treatment as arena
  • Well, as long as it's still there I want better prices. Like this it's almost useless. Very little competition since there is nothing to win. Make it competitive by raising stuff worth fighting for or get rid of it.
  • Pertor wrote: »
    Well, as long as it's still there I want better prices. Like this it's almost useless. Very little competition since there is nothing to win. Make it competitive by raising stuff worth fighting for or get rid of it.

Why don't you just ignore it and your problem is solved?
  • Iy4oy4s
    2918 posts Member
    I'd rather them go the other way. Remove all the rewards. Dismantle all the shards. Make your shard your guildmates. Alow us to toggle whether we want TW or GAC omis active. And give us unlimited free attempts with no cooldown timer.

So much this. I desperately want a sandbox, as do many people.
  • TVF wrote: »
    It's perfect as is

I agree,
    But a sandbox of some kind would be amazing
  • Rework TW first
    Well, as long as it's still there I want better prices. Like this it's almost useless. Very little competition since there is nothing to win. Make it competitive by raising stuff worth fighting for or get rid of it.

I think the rewards are fine, they give me some shards each day which helps with various things. Not too bad for a place that allows me to test out my GL and legendary team toon comps for no cost.
  • Rewards based on placement at a specifc time of day is a horrible idea. Make it and Fleet Arena irrelevant unless they change that format.
  • Maybe just an increase to payouts across the board would help, so that even if you're getting stomped you can still get something out of it
  • Weird, people don’t want a better supply of mat’s / gear from a relatively defunct game mode.

I assume the players that oppose the idea are kyber 1 players, wallowing in a huge cache of hoarded materials with bulked out rosters.

• Ragnarok_COTF
    1738 posts Member
    edited January 30
    Weird, people don’t want a better supply of mat’s / gear from a relatively defunct game mode.

How long have you been playing? I'm curious if you experienced what SA was like when it was relevant. It was truly awful. And the rewards were such that it was essentially mandatory.

It's not that I don't want more stuff. It's that what it would cost me to get it from SA (without significant changes) would make the game untenable for me.

Now, if the change were something that helped early- and mid-game players and was largely irrelevant to end-game players, cool.
  • Weird, people don’t want a better supply of mat’s / gear from a relatively defunct game mode.

How long have you been playing? I'm curious if you experienced what SA was like when it was relevant. It was truly awful. And the rewards were such that it was essentially mandatory.

It's not that I don't want more stuff. It's that what it would cost me to get it from SA (without significant changes) would make the game untenable for me.

Now, if the change were something that helped early- and mid-game players and was largely irrelevant to end-game players, cool.

I prefer the old SA over GA.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • LordDirt wrote: »
    Weird, people don’t want a better supply of mat’s / gear from a relatively defunct game mode.

Cool. I prefer GAC to the old SA. I would also prefer a similar adjustment of fleet arena and move crystals from it.
  • Ragnarok_COTF
    1738 posts Member
    edited January 30
    LordDirt wrote: »

Don't have the data, but I'm pretty sure you'd be an outlier.

Also, I'm horrified to imagine what a meaningful SA would look like in today's meta. In the old days, each new meta basically replaced the previous. Sure, you could soft counter the new meta with the old, but you usually had very few options for climbing to the top. Nowadays, there is nothing that can hold on defense when a player has their whole roster at their disposal to counter it. During the GAS meta, it was not uncommon in my shard to fall from 1 to beyond 80 (or wherever the 2-refresh threshold was). With the tools we have today, and how long it has been that way, I'd be surprised if we could regularly stay in the top 100 (assuming there isn't a mass exodus).

I can understand someone not enjoying GAC. But an endgame player should with minimal effort and time sink have zero issue hovering in a spot with better returns than the old SA. And you can still play SA. The way it used to be, I could (and did) play GAC for enjoyment, but I had to commit to SA to stay relevant--and that was objectively a larger time sink with less time flexibility.

My point, I guess, is that I fail to see how crystals in SA and fun in GAC would be a more equitable setup than what we have now--even if your opinion were held by 50% of the playerbase, which I seriously doubt.

Finaly someone who gets my point. The thing is we do have a game mode (still) that has become relatively irrelevant. A few shards to convert and that's it. I really would appreciate if CG would replace it with a better one. I was proposing to integrate some zetas as a benefit, which are more and more in demand. Can't understand why people are against this idea. They prefer to have an almost dead gamemode instead of some extras. But somehow this seems to be the philosopy of this forum. As soon as someone comes up with something, there are 10 replies from people saying it's a stupid idea..... :(
  • TVF
    36418 posts Member
    Pertor wrote: »

Finaly someone who gets my point. The thing is we do have a game mode (still) that has become relatively irrelevant. A few shards to convert and that's it. I really would appreciate if CG would replace it with a better one. I was proposing to integrate some zetas as a benefit, which are more and more in demand. Can't understand why people are against this idea. They prefer to have an almost dead gamemode instead of some extras. But somehow this seems to be the philosopy of this forum. As soon as someone comes up with something, there are 10 replies from people saying it's a stupid idea..... :(

The reason is because they won't just give us more rewards, they'll make us put more time in to get them, and for a lot of us that's the last thing we want.

SA was awful before and you want to bring some of the awfulness back, whether you realize it or not.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH

Well... I engaged with your actual idea in multiple posts, and you've chosen not to have a discussion with me.

Yes, in the forums, if you have an idea, you will often get a barrage of simple responses like "no thanks" or "disagree" that do very little to foster a dialogue. I would suggest you ignore those (wish I had in this thread) and engage with those that seem interested in engaging with you.

Well... I engaged with your actual idea in multiple posts, and you've chosen not to have a discussion with me.

Yes, in the forums, if you have an idea, you will often get a barrage of simple responses like "no thanks" or "disagree" that do very little to foster a dialogue. I would suggest you ignore those (wish I had in this thread) and engage with those that seem interested in engaging with you.

Hmm, didn't realize you engaged me. In reply you came up with the old sandbox idea, which is another question. Yeah, instead of SA I'd definitely prefer a simple, easy to handle and not time-consuming but challenging new game mode. But we still have SA. The thing is, since Leia's DC is gone I park my Jabba within the best 20 and it stays there till the following day. Not because my Jabba is so great. No, just because nobody attacks me. So, my point is, as long as SA is there, fill it a little more with life by raising prizes. Must not be much. SA is dead like this.
    The thing is we do have a game mode (still) that has become relatively irrelevant. A few shards to convert and that's it. I really would appreciate if CG would replace it with a better one. I was proposing to integrate some zetas as a benefit, which are more and more in demand. Can't understand why people are against this idea.

If you are early game there are still useful rewards in SA. Beyond just the characters, it is the primary source of capital ship ability mats. If you are at a point where you don't need capital ship ability mats then that likely means you are at a point where you already have enough going on between TB, TW, Raids, Conquest, GAC and Fleet that adding something valuable enough to SA rewards to merit playing it just sounds exhausting. If you are currently ignoring one of the game modes I just mentioned - there is your answer - if you want to spend more time playing the game in exchange for more rewards then go play the game mode you are currently ignoring.

• DMG_SW wrote: »
    The thing is we do have a game mode (still) that has become relatively irrelevant. A few shards to convert and that's it. I really would appreciate if CG would replace it with a better one. I was proposing to integrate some zetas as a benefit, which are more and more in demand. Can't understand why people are against this idea.

If you are early game there are still useful rewards in SA. Beyond just the characters, it is the primary source of capital ship ability mats. If you are at a point where you don't need capital ship ability mats then that likely means you are at a point where you already have enough going on between TB, TW, Raids, Conquest, GAC and Fleet that adding something valuable enough to SA rewards to merit playing it just sounds exhausting. If you are currently ignoring one of the game modes I just mentioned - there is your answer - if you want to spend more time playing the game in exchange for more rewards then go play the game mode you are currently ignoring.

I'm a year 1 Player, 11,5mio gp. I play all game modes 100%, daily on top of ship arena, I manage my guild, ..... Takes me about 10 days to get a char from g12 to r7. Everythings working really fine, except zeta farming. Simply cause there's no real way to farm them quicker. Sometimes there are daily packages with a few for crystals. Doesn't help a lot. You can't even buy them for cash, or rarely. That's the role of omicrons, not zetas, which are old. The list of r7-chars I got but no zeta available for them get's longer every week. And I'm for sure not the only one with this probem, since there are several topics about it on the forum.
    So, integrating a few zetas in an almost dead game mode like SA could help.
    I'm a year 1 Player, 11,5mio gp. I play all game modes 100%, daily on top of ship arena, I manage my guild, ..... Takes me about 10 days to get a char from g12 to r7. Everythings working really fine, except zeta farming. Simply cause there's no real way to farm them quicker. Sometimes there are daily packages with a few for crystals. Doesn't help a lot. You can't even buy them for cash, or rarely. That's the role of omicrons, not zetas, which are old. The list of r7-chars I got but no zeta available for them get's longer every week. And I'm for sure not the only one with this probem, since there are several topics about it on the forum.

Are you in the crazy fleet shard that CG had to split? I stopped playing fleet about a year ago due to burnout, but I've never had a zeta problem. If I wanted to apply a zeta right now it would have to be to someone like Bodi or Paploo or GMY lead, everything else is long done, and even just doing a battle a day to hover at 20 in fleet has me gaining zetas faster than CG adds them.
  • DMG_SW wrote: »

Are you in the crazy fleet shard that CG had to split? I stopped playing fleet about a year ago due to burnout, but I've never had a zeta problem. If I wanted to apply a zeta right now it would have to be to someone like Bodi or Paploo or GMY lead, everything else is long done, and even just doing a battle a day to hover at 20 in fleet has me gaining zetas faster than CG adds them.
    DMG_SW wrote: »

Na, my shard is rather cool, not at all crazy :D . Maybe I should overthing my economy system and farm slower :p
    Hmm, didn't realize you engaged me. In reply you came up with the old sandbox idea, which is another question. Yeah, instead of SA I'd definitely prefer a simple, easy to handle and not time-consuming but challenging new game mode. But we still have SA. The thing is, since Leia's DC is gone I park my Jabba within the best 20 and it stays there till the following day. Not because my Jabba is so great. No, just because nobody attacks me. So, my point is, as long as SA is there, fill it a little more with life by raising prizes. Must not be much. SA is dead like this.

I can see why it came off as an off-topic response. Would you rather they make SA relevant for progression again or revamp it into something else (e.g. guild sandbox)?
  • I understand people asking for a sandbox. But I think it would do no good to the game. There are enough game modes to test squad combinations, strategies and so on. I would miss the tension when a new squad gets integrated in the game and you don't know how to deal with it, when you encouter it for the first time.
    I understand people asking for a sandbox. But I think it would do no good to the game.

Fair enough. Agree to disagree.
    There are enough game modes to test squad combinations, strategies and so on.

What? Are there any? Where can I test a GAC/TW omi outside of GAC/TW? For non-omi testing, sure, I could climb back to the top of my shard and ping some folks in the shard chat to request a certain setup. But that usually ends up costing resources, which I don't like. Or a lot of time--me consistently doing SA fights to stay high in the ranks, which I don't like.
    I would miss the tension when a new squad gets integrated in the game and you don't know how to deal with it, when you encouter it for the first time.

Fair enough. I do not enjoy that tension. Agree to disagree.

Simply put, you and I want different things, and that is why I don't share your desire to make SA relevant again (unless it's only relevant for early- and mid-game players).