Make squad arena great again! Please!

2Next

Replies

• Pertor wrote: »
    I understand people asking for a sandbox. But I think it would do no good to the game.

Fair enough. Agree to disagree.
    Pertor wrote: »
    There are enough game modes to test squad combinations, strategies and so on.

What? Are there any? Where can I test a GAC/TW omi outside of GAC/TW? For non-omi testing, sure, I could climb back to the top of my shard and ping some folks in the shard chat to request a certain setup. But that usually ends up costing resources, which I don't like. Or a lot of time--me consistently doing SA fights to stay high in the ranks, which I don't like.
    I would miss the tension when a new squad gets integrated in the game and you don't know how to deal with it, when you encouter it for the first time.

Fair enough. I do not enjoy that tension. Agree to disagree.

Simply put, you and I want different things, and that is why I don't share your desire to make SA relevant again (unless it's only relevant for early- and mid-game players).

Well, i do my testing in the relevant game modes. Not outside. If I already lost in GA, I keep on fighting to test different strategies, same in TW .... learning by doing. We have tons of guides, videos... no reason for a sandbox for me.
  • I dont think that ga is that different tbh bc now its the same thing with just more teams lol.... Not really any strategy involved if you have the newest and greatest teams you win. Datacrons that were supposed to balance the game kinda just make the newer characters even stronger. If they brought it back I would be fine with it cause then at least I could focus on one team to build again lol.
  • I'm very happy not to be tied to my phone for that hour, because now the rewards are just ok, and I get plenty from minimal effort. Fleet arena is nowhere near as bad for me, fleet shards are so much smaller.

GAC does not have that forced small window of playing, so I do not see it as the same at all.
  • Haugs
    171 posts Member
    edited February 1
    I understand people asking for a sandbox. But I think it would do no good to the game.

Fair enough. Agree to disagree.
    There are enough game modes to test squad combinations, strategies and so on.

What? Are there any? Where can I test a GAC/TW omi outside of GAC/TW? For non-omi testing, sure, I could climb back to the top of my shard and ping some folks in the shard chat to request a certain setup. But that usually ends up costing resources, which I don't like. Or a lot of time--me consistently doing SA fights to stay high in the ranks, which I don't like.
    I would miss the tension when a new squad gets integrated in the game and you don't know how to deal with it, when you encouter it for the first time.

Fair enough. I do not enjoy that tension. Agree to disagree.

Simply put, you and I want different things, and that is why I don't share your desire to make SA relevant again (unless it's only relevant for early- and mid-game players).

Well, i do my testing in the relevant game modes. Not outside. If I already lost in GA, I keep on fighting to test different strategies, same in TW .... learning by doing. We have tons of guides, videos... no reason for a sandbox for me.

Hey, if playing with one of many squads in your roster once every 48 hours is sufficient for you, that’s fine.

I’d like to play around with my favorite characters more often than that. I don’t find “spam the random solo event (that may or may not just be fleet) with modifiers that make the game mode entirely inapplicable to other modes” to be particularly engaging.

Edit:

Also fundamentally disagree with your OP. Better to move away from daily rewards contingent upon a high pressure one hour window throughout the day. Of course, if a sandbox was to be implemented, there are a variety of ways to reward players for participating in squad arena throughout the course of the day. Something radical like, idk, daily quests!
  • The probleme with GAC is that the reward are a lot better for oldest player than new player... it doesn't help to renew population of the game...
  • Yeah whales get whaleier and shrimps get devoured
    And it will stay that way in gac
  • Which isn't good
  • I would love to have a sandbox mode, but if it means bringing back the old SA, no, thanks.
  • Just getting back to this game after a 4 year layoff and wow am I behind, lol. Started when the game was first released and SA didn’t exist. It was created because there was no PvP and everyone wanted it. Would be great if we could battle in real time but its just not possible. I think the solution to it all is simply a tournament that would replace SA and GA at the same time.
    10k player tourney
    1 match per day/lasts 14 days
    CG picks the toons available for use
    Rewards based on tier/scaling/similar to GA
    Top half is promoted, bottom is relegated
    No extra rewards for place finished
    This would reduce time sink and the rotation of toons/requirements would keep it fresh. Roster build is still important as lesser toons would be viable and makes meta farmers vulnerable. Battle is based on banners or some sort of scoring system, meaning if you were to lose your battle you could still advance. If you get knocked out you still need to do your daily battle to collect banners for promotion in the elim bracket and for seeding in the next season. Ultimately the goal would be kyber 1 champion for the month, which is unattainable for most of us, but would make for some nice title cards.
  • 3 of the 4 reward in GAC are based on the rank the player is too much.
    For me is the main problem of GAC... The reward are not fair for all player.
  • Weird, people don’t want a better supply of mat’s / gear from a relatively defunct game mode.

How long have you been playing? I'm curious if you experienced what SA was like when it was relevant. It was truly awful. And the rewards were such that it was essentially mandatory.

It's not that I don't want more stuff. It's that what it would cost me to get it from SA (without significant changes) would make the game untenable for me.

Now, if the change were something that helped early- and mid-game players and was largely irrelevant to end-game players, cool.
    Just like 3v3, gac, tw, or any other game mode, no one is forcing you to play that section of the game and if you don’t want to then you don’t have to.

Why should we all have to miss out on better rewards because you don’t like a particular function in the game?
    Shall we just build the entire game to your preferences and forget what anyone else thinks?
  • I think the proponents of the idea of making SA matter again either have forgotten or never have been a true part of the horror that was old SA.

I usually had to do double refresh to reach my spot, that is 10+ battles with a 10min wait from start of one to the start of the next.
    Good days I could get by with 6-7 battles, I.e about one hour of each match was played back-to-back.
    Bad days was more like 12-14 battles, which easily exceed two hours at a predetermined time where I had to constantly open my phone to get the desired rewards.

I think this is the horror those opposing meaningful rewards in SA are recalling.

I’m one of them.

And yes, I understand that I do not have to play, but I want to stay at end game with as little spending as possible, so any meaningful reward usually must get chased.
    And no, no other game mode in my experience comes close to the hassle of SA, though I get that top end TW probably have similar demand on effort and timing.
  • Everything Morgoth said above.
    Shall we just build the entire game to your preferences and forget what anyone else thinks?

Odd question, but since you asked... I think that would be a bad idea. I surely have some unpopular preferences.
  • Morgoth01 wrote: »
    I think the proponents of the idea of making SA matter again either have forgotten or never have been a true part of the horror that was old SA.

I usually had to do double refresh to reach my spot, that is 10+ battles with a 10min wait from start of one to the start of the next.
    Good days I could get by with 6-7 battles, I.e about one hour of each match was played back-to-back.
    Bad days was more like 12-14 battles, which easily exceed two hours at a predetermined time where I had to constantly open my phone to get the desired rewards.

I think this is the horror those opposing meaningful rewards in SA are recalling.

I’m one of them.

And yes, I understand that I do not have to play, but I want to stay at end game with as little spending as possible, so any meaningful reward usually must get chased.
    And no, no other game mode in my experience comes close to the hassle of SA, though I get that top end TW probably have similar demand on effort and timing.

So basically because you don’t want to invest your time playing the game everyone who does has to suffer a weaker rewards system in a defunct mode?

If you want to stay at the top then you gotta put the effort in, and If you cant be bothered, then why should those that can be bothered suffer?

Seems a pretty selfish way to play really, denying other people better rewards because you can’t be bothered.

Thanks a bunch.

I think the proponents of the idea of making SA matter again either have forgotten or never have been a true part of the horror that was old SA.

I’m one of them.

So basically because you don’t want to invest your time playing the game everyone who does has to suffer a weaker rewards system in a defunct mode?

If you want to stay at the top then you gotta put the effort in, and If you cant be bothered, then why should those that can be bothered suffer?

Seems a pretty selfish way to play really, denying other people better rewards because you can’t be bothered.

Thanks a bunch.

How much time are you willing to invest in playing this game every day? Based on your logic presented thus far, any answer less than 24 hours is "a pretty selfish way to play, denying other people better rewards because you can't be bothered."

I’m one of them.

Thanks a bunch.

First, do you really believe SA would ever get meaningful rewards on top of what we have?
    I would think any rewards moved to SA would come from somewhere.

Secondly I didn’t say I’m opposed to the idea of actually playing the game.
    My issue with time spent in SA is twofold: it is time locked with no flexibility so can’t fit a schedule that hat isn’t 100% identical every day of the year and most of the time committed to SA is waiting on a refresh timer, not actually playing.
    For instance I don’t really take issue with the many more battles I need in o complete in GAC to get rewards as I can do those when they suit my schedule as well as just cramming in 18 battles in 45 minutes on a busy day.

Thirdly I am curious as to where you are in the game, ie how long have you been playing, what’s your level of competitive play and maybe even how many SA battles you have won (can be viewed under achievements in game). I his point of interest isn’t to mock you should your account be somewhat removed from end game, it’s just to get a feeling of how similar our previous experiences with SA might have been.
  • scuba
    13991 posts Member
    Morgoth01 wrote: »

I’m one of them.

Thanks a bunch.

CG said your welcome, when they made the game mode "useless" on purpose.