For more variety in teams, TIE Pilot should be an Imperial Trooper

Prev1
Why? Because he’s already considered an Imperial Trooper according the the packs you can buy and it would add more interesting elements to the game to have him fit in a bunch of different teams. This is a worth while idea because right now the only dominating IT team is general veers & Iden is kind of left with not much variety.

The only thing I’d change is TIE’s unique so he isn’t in an endless loop of Turn Meter gain which would throw off the balance. So instead of gaining 10% Turn Meter perhaps 7% would be better?

Replies

• There isn't enough troopers in the game to make a Veers, Iden AND Beskar Gideon squad.
    You can only make two of the three squads any any given time.

The TIE Fighter pilot as a trooper makes as much sense as Piett being a trooper, so I say, go for it.
  • 1. I agree, its a good idea .

2. I'd go so far as to say Tarkin being an Admiral as well as Moff would also qualify for a dual tag.
    There isn't enough troopers in the game to make a Veers, Iden AND Beskar Gideon squad.
    You can only make two of the three squads any any given time.

The TIE Fighter pilot as a trooper makes as much sense as Piett being a trooper, so I say, go for it.

3. A lot of people see the word "trooper" and think it means "Storm Trooper" or even "Ground Forces" when really its just a term for "Military Soldier"

TIE Pilot would fit right into the Troopers squad along w/ this guy.
    https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Imperial_Navy_trooper

Gideon would have been the only one that I questioned with the title "Moff" but since he came up through the ISB but that uses ranks like Colonel & Major & is a branch of the government so I'd say he qualifies too.

• What the…? A suggestion in the forums I agree with??

Take your logical idea somewhere else! This is neither the time nor the place for good ideas.
  • I wholeheartedly endorse this idea
  • Make Krennick a trooper as well.
  • I was thinking Krennick was a Scientist at first but after reading his Bio I also agree.
    He was a Lt with the GR & he actually worked for Military Weapons Research Division, so it could qualify.
  • How about an Imperial Officer tag?

Tie Pilot should be a trooper for sure.
  • Shmoopyz wrote: »
    Make Krennick a trooper as well.

The interesting thing about making Krennick a trooper is that you would be able to use him in a non-Iden* trooper squad and if Death Trooper was an ally, Krennic & Death would get these three bonuses (assuming omi & zeta).

Bonus # 1: Director Krennic gains 10% Critical Damage for each debuffed enemy and 10% Critical Damage for each Rebel enemy. If Death Trooper is present he also gains these bonuses.

Bonus # 2 (Omicron): While in Grand Arenas: Krennic gains +30% Defense Penetration, Health, and Offense. If Death Trooper is present he also gains these bonuses. Whenever Krennic attacks, Death Trooper is called to assist and has his cooldowns reduced by 1. While allied Death Trooper is active, both Krennic and Death Trooper ignore Taunt effects.

Bonus # 3 (Zeta on Death Trooper): Whenever Death Trooper scores a Critical Hit, he and Director Krennic recover 20% Health. Death Trooper has a 50% chance to gain 100% Turn Meter whenever Director Krennic takes damage. Director Krennic can't be Critically Hit while Death Trooper is alive.

*Iden doesn't like leaders. Krennick is one.
  • The real question is when is a trooper not a trooper? When it's an Imperial Super Trooper.

Can't get much more trooper than that.
  • ISC getting the tag wouldn't be a bad option either for flexibility if nothing else.
  • I agree that the TIE pilot probably has a very similar background, basic training, experience and level of coordination as the other imperial military "troopers", and synergy with their tag makes perfect sense, and I support this.

The officers, even though they started off as mere troopers at some point and have some shared background, would likely refuse to work as nameless "grunts" anymore. They don't have the same mindset, goals or mentality and would not play well with others, unless they are the leaders.

The Imperial Super Commando is also different. They aren't troopers - They are Mandalorians cooperating with the Empire, so the Empire tag works, but not Imperial Trooper. Their loyalty to the Empire is, let's say, questionable, and they probably do not identify as troopers at all.

The interesting thing about making Krennick a trooper is that you would be able to use him in a non-Iden* trooper squad and if Death Trooper was an ally, Krennic & Death would get these three bonuses (assuming omi & zeta).

Bonus # 1: Director Krennic gains 10% Critical Damage for each debuffed enemy and 10% Critical Damage for each Rebel enemy. If Death Trooper is present he also gains these bonuses.

Bonus # 2 (Omicron): While in Grand Arenas: Krennic gains +30% Defense Penetration, Health, and Offense. If Death Trooper is present he also gains these bonuses. Whenever Krennic attacks, Death Trooper is called to assist and has his cooldowns reduced by 1. While allied Death Trooper is active, both Krennic and Death Trooper ignore Taunt effects.

Bonus # 3 (Zeta on Death Trooper): Whenever Death Trooper scores a Critical Hit, he and Director Krennic recover 20% Health. Death Trooper has a 50% chance to gain 100% Turn Meter whenever Director Krennic takes damage. Director Krennic can't be Critically Hit while Death Trooper is alive.

I really like this! Krennic should definitely also be an Imperial Trooper, i like how well he goes with Death Trooper, its a shame his overall kit is meh. Thinking we might need a revamp there. As much as i love Iden i also in general love switching up the teams :3
  • (Try read this in Philomena Cunk's voice) Shouldn't Stormtrooper Han also have the Trooper tag? The guy literally has "trooper" in his first name doesn't he?

Problem is Death is the 5th needed under DTMG since you can't use Dark. And since Krennic isn't IR, he wouldn't work with DK under DTMG.

3s you could maybe make something work, but not 5s, TW, etc.
    Co-GL, Empire's 501st
  • Problem is Death is the 5th needed under DTMG since you can't use Dark. And since Krennic isn't IR, he wouldn't work with DK under DTMG.

3s you could maybe make something work, but not 5s, TW, etc.

That is really only a problem for the very small % of the population that can run a full DTMG team.

In the meantime, its still a worthy alternate configuration for many rosters.
  • Shmoopyz
    120 posts Member
    edited February 11
    There are currently 13 Imperial Troopers. With Krennick and Tie Pilot there would be 15 for 3 teams.

There's room for at least 1 more if you put Gideon with Padme.
  • This would fix a lot for less used empire units like tie pilot, tarkin and krennic. Really like the idea
  • Problem is Death is the 5th needed under DTMG since you can't use Dark. And since Krennic isn't IR, he wouldn't work with DK under DTMG.

You are correct however, the point of this posting was "For more variety in teams" hence the Krennic as a trooper with Death would be another variation of a trooper squad, not necessarily the best variation. Not everyone has a Beskar Gideon at this moment.
    There are currently 13 Imperial Troopers. With Krennick and Tie Pilot there would be 15 for 3 teams.

There's room for at least 1 more if you put Gideon with Padme.

Dtmg isn't a trooper, but does steal 4.

So tfp alone is enough to allow a full veers and iden team on 5v5
  • z6hm8vrh2nfo.png

So CG... Any chance we can get that missing trooper this year or even a minor touch up for the Imp. TIE Pilot?
    It really seems silly to be missing a toon like this.
  • With all the Phantom Menace content incoming prior to the Naboo raid, it is unlikely that we will get another trooper or remnant soon. Thankfully, there are some potential cannon-inspired retags that would make sense.

While TFP being a trooper would too easily make an infinite TM train under Veers lead, having TFP get the sentence
    “If Iden Versio or Admiral Piett is in the leader slot, TIE Fighter Pilot gets the Imperial Trooper tag.”
    added to their unique would be a lore-accurate solution.

Another possibility would be to add Imperial Remnant tags to some one or more Empire units that have already appeared in the Mandalorian series:
    TIE Fighter Pilot
    Imperial Probe Droid
    Shore Trooper
    Imperial Super Commando
  • z6hm8vrh2nfo.png

So CG... Any chance we can get that missing trooper this year or even a minor touch up for the Imp. TIE Pilot?
    It really seems silly to be missing a toon like this.
    And they fit so perfectly together! It’s obvious much of the Special Forces of the Empire came from the TIE Fighter Pilots who I assume would have been promoted after showing impressive action also on the ground.
    IMG-8698.webp
    IMG-8699.jpgIMG-8700.webp
    With all the Phantom Menace content incoming prior to the Naboo raid, it is unlikely that we will get another trooper or remnant soon. Thankfully, there are some potential cannon-inspired retags that would make sense.

While TFP being a trooper would too easily make an infinite TM train under Veers lead, having TFP get the sentence
    “If Iden Versio or Admiral Piett is in the leader slot, TIE Fighter Pilot gets the Imperial Trooper tag.”
    added to their unique would be a lore-accurate solution.

Another possibility would be to add Imperial Remnant tags to some one or more Empire units that have already appeared in the Mandalorian series:
    TIE Fighter Pilot
    Imperial Probe Droid
    Shore Trooper
    Imperial Super Commando

That could work but Iden is still missing a toon which TFP fits perfectly if modified slightly. Perhaps TFP’s current unique could only kick in if there’s no Iden Versio or General Veers leader, but if there is then the TFP would get slightly different effects.
    Ex:
    The following applies depending on whether Iden Versio or General Veers are in the Leader slot:

Neither are in the leader slot: [insert his usual unique]

One of them are in the leader slot: At the end of each of his turns, for each debuffed enemy, TIE Fighter Pilot has a 35% chance to gain Foresight for 1 turn. Whenever TIE Fighter Pilot evades an attack, he gains 15% Turn Meter.

This way, he maintains his unique, but when Iden is a leader it’s modified in such a way that makes it so while he can’t do a TM train, he still gains Foresight only now his kit makes use of it and gives him a slight push when he uses it to evade.
  • This all seems a lot like people wanting 7 ships for each Capital Ship. Not all factions need enough toons to be divisible by 5 (or maybe 15 so 3v3 is also taken into account).
  • Screerider wrote: »
    Not all factions need enough toons to be divisible by 5 (or maybe 15 so 3v3 is also taken into account).

Your comparison to fleets is flawed. A fleet can work really well with as little as 2 reinforcements.
    Seldom to I ever call a 3rd reinforcements let alone 4th.
    I don't know of any squad that works well or is designed to work with four toons exclusively.

In the case of troopers, why stop at 14? Why leave one team unfinished?
    Look at nightsisters now. We have 9 of them. What's wrong with releasing 1 more to have a 2nd NS team?
    (Technically, we can do 3 x 3v3 NS teams as we have 4 NS leaders)
  • Screerider wrote: »
    This all seems a lot like people wanting 7 ships for each Capital Ship. Not all factions need enough toons to be divisible by 5 (or maybe 15 so 3v3 is also taken into account).
    For myself I just think it makes sense plus i like TFP :3
  • People do ask for full fleets even if they aren't needed, like asking for full teams. Hence the comparison.

You don't technically need 5 IT for your Veers or Iden team. Heck, you can even use them in teams of 3, as in 3v3.
  • Should we get a First Order Trooper tag too?
  • Tie fighter pilot & shore trooper should get the 'imperial remnant' tag.

And yes, Tie fighter pilot could get the imperial trooper tag.
  • twstdbydsn wrote: »
    Should we get a First Order Trooper tag too?

Maybe in the future. Something about franchises like Star wars is how rich the world is with characters & features alike, so something I love about games is the variety, I love being able to make strategic teams of different characters of the same tags but they instead may be more suited for defense & if i want a team suited for attack, ill add different synergising characters for that purpose. Its what made Dragon Ball Legends fun for me, unfortunately its completely pay to win so thats what drew me into swgoh, the fact we can unlock characters without having to play albeit it takes a while, its still better than having no choice but to pay.

Auzor wrote: »
    Tie fighter pilot & shore trooper should get the 'imperial remnant' tag.

And yes, Tie fighter pilot could get the imperial trooper tag.

Thanks for the support 🥳
  • twstdbydsn wrote: »
    Should we get a First Order Trooper tag too?

Meh, No, That would basically be the entire faction minus the 3 Kylos.