The same old same old.

SidVicious444
84 posts Member
edited February 9
I just want to get this out of my system!!!
Krakens and veteran players: we are bored with arena, arena is stale it is the same meta and teams over and over again give us something new.
CG: Glad to announce we will take away crystals from arena and put it in GAC, you can use your whole roster to attack.
Krakens and veteran players: GAC matchmaking sucks we don't like it, CG fix your game!!!

Krakens and veteran players: we are bored with GAC give us something new and exciting.
CG: Glad to announce new 3x3 mode this will spice things up a bit.
Krakens and veteran players: we don't like it take away 3x3

Krakens and veteran players: we are bored with galactic conquest give us something new too easy no challenge.
CG: Glad to announce new galactic conquest characters and features.
Krakens and veteran players: tier 1 and tier 2 hard bosses are impossible to beat we don't like it, impossible to get red box.

Krakens and veteran players: we are bored with Rancor and Sith raids, give us something new.
CG: Glad to announce new Krayt dragon hunt and speeder bike pursuit.
Krakens and veteran players: we don't like speeder bike pursuit, motion sickness, no challenge, relic 8 jawa and rebels don't have usage outside of raid. What a waste of resource.

Krakens and veteran players: we want(demand) Death Star raid.
CG: Glad to announce first new fleet raid.
Krakens and veteran players: we don't like it because...put any excuse here!

World of warcraft died because of to many updates, game became worse and worse and worse.
Fortnite is not far behind not even in the top 25 anymore.
Ones upon a time Fortnite was on almost everyone lips.
FYI I still play the old coin op games on a MAME emulator and don't get bored with Ghost a goblins or Rygar legendary warrior.
Post edited by Ultra on

Replies

• Nauros
    5419 posts Member
    So, what's your point? That there should be no updates?
  • Rius
    349 posts Member
    edited February 8
    Is it krakens and vet players complaining about a lot of that or are you mistaking more content being demanded by krakens and vet players which they disproportionately benefit from and some of the player base with less developed rosters subsequently complaining because either they can not meaningfully access new content or now there is so much to do to gain the rewards they previously obtained and the gap widens as their rewards slow down for a longer period.

New content is good and it is required to keep krakens and vet players engaged. But with how slow catch up mechanics are this leaves many far behind.

It’s harder for early to mid game players to pivot to new content. Hence why they may complain when something changes. Whether a new raid, TB, or to do well in conquest. Assuming a kraken or vet player has nearly everything to a high level, they should have little difficulty adapting and have something ready to earn rewards on the first day and something new to chase for a while without too much disruption to their rewards.

I knew guilds who were still optimising CPIT when the new Krayt raid was released. They had been working on it for years and achieved it once or twice and then everything they had invested was no use. R8 mats were put out of their grasp as they just achieved it. So yes initially they complained but now they do much better. But there will be a continued need to optimise for each one. That krakens and vets did not need to do at their level.

Moving rewards to GAC from arena disproportionately rewarded large rosters who were initially seeded into the higher leagues and can stay there by using their larger roster depth. Anyone who punched up by chasing the latest GL but had a smaller roster by comparison was disadvantaged, they required a bigger investment in GAC to attempt to punch up. No surprise they have altered the raid to incentivize chasing the latest GL again as many early to mid game players switched to more efficient farms to stretch rosters in GAC.

TB was done okay as the rewards did not dip, but they switched to pure GP scaled rewards. By diminishing the contribution of missions. Reducing the ability to punch up through activity or focused farming. So this again benefited the larger rosters over the mid game players.

If it sounds like CG can not win, it is simply because there is a very wide community to please and when players complain it is solely for their perspective. Both dry content and when progress on achieving rewards is removed are valid complaint imo. I don’t think cancelling updates will improve it but balancing the impact of new content would get less complaints. We have at least seen LSB’s come before the GL event so they are at least aware of the issue.
    Post edited by Rius on
  • I think OP is also making vets and Krakens a single voting block.

Lots of people like different things in the endgame. I preferred squad arena to GAC, and GCs and conquest are best of all, puzzles on how to beat things.

All players want different things.
  • Fortnite is not far behind not even in the top 25 anymore.
    Ones upon a time Fortnite was on almost everones lips.

You just bitter today?

Funny you say this just as Disney invests 1.5 billion into Epic and Fortnite. :D

Fortnite recent revenue

2018 - 5.4 billion
    2019 - 3.7 billion
    2020 - 5.1 billion
    2021 - 5.8 billion
    2022 - 20 billion
    2023 - 5.6 billion

I think they are doing just fine. :D
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Okay the fortnite thing is just because it's a meme to hate on FN 🙄
    But I think op is saying that people always complain when they get "what they asked for"
    If you don't like it don't play it, if you don't like the direction the game is going, either give constructive feedback to help improve it,
    If you're only going to be angry to be angry just go play something else, we aren't X (formerly Twitter)
  • The OP just gave me a migraine.... I can't even today...
    Yes, I am THE Warrior.
  • I'm a a vet but not a Kraken. I think the game is doing fine, I do have stuff to gripe about but it's nothing too big. Fortnite is still going strong.

And one Google search tells me WoW is not dead

ti7f7mmhshwa.jpg
  • Apparently quotation marks don't exist
  • Nauros wrote: »

Players ask for improvements and when they get there wish they complain.
    Never good enough!
    Sometimes I wonder if they were developers of their own game how that game will look?
  • Nauros wrote: »

Players ask for improvements and when they get there wish they complain.
    Never good enough!
    Sometimes I wonder if they were developers of their own game how that game will look?

Some players ask for certain changes and, for each change, some players complain. For a given change, is there a ton of overlap? I certainly haven't noticed one.
This discussion has been closed.