GAC

I literally lost connection and it cost me an attack which I never even loaded into… is there no way to avoid taking a loss when the battle never even launched?

Replies

• Nauros
    5419 posts Member
    Yeah, this game really doesn't handle it well when the connection is anything other than perfect. Which kinda goes against the basic concept of mobile gaming, but CG gonna CG...
  • Well, it doesn’t sound like it should result in a win instead.
  • Lumiya
    1391 posts Member
    Screerider wrote: »
    Well, it doesn’t sound like it should result in a win instead.

Did anybody say that?
    Depending on which attack it is, it can cost you the 10 points for first attack, which in turn can also mean that people don't even get a reward for participation when they lose, for example a small account against a big account not being able to clear a squad.
    We are all made of star-stuff
  • Lumiya wrote: »

Did anybody say that?
    Depending on which attack it is, it can cost you the 10 points for first attack, which in turn can also mean that people don't even get a reward for participation when they lose, for example a small account against a big account not being able to clear a squad.

Then they should recognise that and send in another small squad to get those ten banners.

Did anybody say that?

yeah, this was how it worked initially but that bug have been fixed ages ago. If you don't get the 10 points just do another attack, you will get your 10 points on the first match where the client doesn't force close/fail.
  • Lumiya
    1391 posts Member
    Morgoth01 wrote: »
    Lumiya wrote: »

Did anybody say that?

yeah, this was how it worked initially but that bug have been fixed ages ago. If you don't get the 10 points just do another attack, you will get your 10 points on the first match where the client doesn't force close/fail.

Alright, I somehow wasn't aware that this got changed, at least that's a good thing.

To OP, I can understand that it sucks if the battle is counted as a loss due to a loss of connection but the reason it is coded that way is to prevent players from cheating by forceclosing the app when they realise they will lose and then just try again without the battle being counted.

Did anybody say that?
    By complaining it was a loss?

• Lumiya
    1391 posts Member

Did anybody say that?

OP said:"Is there no way to avoid taking a loss?"

Complaining it was a loss/wanting to avoid taking a loss ≠ Wanting a win instead

OP did nowhere say they wanted a win.
  • Rius
    353 posts Member

I don’t think a win is necessary solution to OP’s issue, so no need to make assumptions. If they could stop it registering the battle or using up the squad until it’s successfully loaded in correctly would be good. Maybe cancel it if the battles less than 1s to confirm loading in.

Did anybody say that?

Complaining it was a loss/wanting to avoid taking a loss ≠ Wanting a win instead

Did anybody say that?

Thank you. Didn’t know people would think I want it as a win. Just didn’t want the loss as well as the biggest problem which is that I lost a top team and in a tier where it hurts to lose good squads.
  • Screerider wrote: »

I didn’t want a win for it.. I know reading comp is hard but I never loaded in. I lost the battle and more importantly the squad I was trying to use. It should not have counted is my issue since it didn’t load so I asked my question.
  • What did you want? A re-do?
  • From a completely technical stand point, it is possible to add a check point where the battle is loaded and the combat screen is shown. So whenever the game starts up it can detect that there was a battle started but not loaded, and reset from there.

Whether OP's scenario happens often enough to justify such a change though, that's a whole other story.
  • From a completely technical stand point, it is possible to add a check point where the battle is loaded and the combat screen is shown. So whenever the game starts up it can detect that there was a battle started but not loaded, and reset from there.

Whether OP's scenario happens often enough to justify such a change though, that's a whole other story.

That would be exploited I'm sure. Put it in airplane mode before it loads up and if you fail force close and it would never send that check
  • thedrjojo wrote: »
    From a completely technical stand point, it is possible to add a check point where the battle is loaded and the combat screen is shown. So whenever the game starts up it can detect that there was a battle started but not loaded, and reset from there.

That would be exploited I'm sure. Put it in airplane mode before it loads up and if you fail force close and it would never send that check

It can refuse to enter the combat screen if the check cannot be sent through though. But yeah I can see this getting convoluted pretty quickly.
    From a completely technical stand point, it is possible to add a check point where the battle is loaded and the combat screen is shown. So whenever the game starts up it can detect that there was a battle started but not loaded, and reset from there.

It can refuse to enter the combat screen if the check cannot be sent through though. But yeah I can see this getting convoluted pretty quickly.

It doesn’t happen often but frustrating when it does. It would have been different if I started the battle but to lose before even loading in sucks

I don’t doubt it that it could possibly be exploited depending on how the patch is but again I never even loaded in to even see my characters on the screen much less make a move.

I don’t doubt it that it could possibly be exploited depending on how the patch is but again I never even loaded in to even see my characters on the screen much less make a move.

If CG could implement a way of distinguishing between this kind of crash and an airplane mode forced close then great, I’ve been hit with this kind of problem myself more than once. As others have said, though, it seems like an issue which is ripe for exploitation as it is currently probably coded.
    Account started June 2020. 100% FTP. 8.2m GP. JMK, JML, SLKR, and SEE. Exe and Levi. Ally code 117-269-921. Swgoh.gg
    What did you want? A re-do?

I mean I didn’t start the battle. It wouldn’t be a redo. I never loaded in. Please read or learn to.
    "Should not have counted" sure sounds like you want a re-do: no loss, keep your toons, and to try again.

What did you want? A re-do?

I mean I didn’t start the battle. It wouldn’t be a redo. I never loaded in. Please read or learn to.
    "Should not have counted" sure sounds like you want a re-do: no loss, keep your toons, and to try again.

Sounds like he wants a redo for his server connection, not the fight. That seems like a reasonable request, but as others have pointed out, technically difficult to implement.
  • I understand it's not the fight he wants to redo. He wants to be able to redo the click of the Battle button.
  • Op doesn't want to "redo" the fight. The fight never happened. The game crashed and it counted as a loss. But, as people have already said, this would be difficult to fix without potential exploits (plane mode).
  • Ragnarok_COTF
    1741 posts Member
    edited February 14
    I understand it's not the fight he wants to redo. He wants to be able to redo the click of the Battle button.

And you're against this? On principle or for technical reasons others have pointed out? What point are you trying to make?
  • Yeah, I'd be against it. Sounds like it could be exploited.

What I've always done, if I am experiencing connectivity issues, I don't do GAC or TW battles until I'm more confident in my internet.
    Yeah, I'd be against it. Sounds like it could be exploited.

What I've always done, if I am experiencing connectivity issues, I don't do GAC or TW battles until I'm more confident in my internet.

To be fair I wasn’t experiencing issues and immediately was able to reload the game. Had the battle just continued as I reloaded the app I’d have been 10 to 20 seconds into the battle. That’s my issue. Surely there’s a way to just keep the battle going if I’m going to completely lose my toons for a momentary loss and reload. Again, it was spinning the animation that it does when you start then made me reload the game. At that point, I reloaded and it gave me a loss for it which also meant that my CLS team was gone. Caused me to lose the GAC round.