Meta shift question....

I'm a newbie and haven't played this type of game before, my question is - generally speaking, after a patch that reworks the meta, approximately how long does it take before the players figure out which toons are stronger and which toons are weaker under the new meta?

I know this can vary but was looking for a ballpark figure if possible - days? Weeks? Longer?

Thanks!

Replies

• Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    3 days
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    What will happen is that whales that have everyone unlocked will begin experimenting based on the patch notes. Then they will start winning in arena (really continue winning) and then other people will start copying the teams they are using. Then in a couple weeks, the FTP players will have farmed the 2 or 3 toons that make you win the most in the new meta and in 30 days, everyone will have the same 2-3 leaders and total of 10 characters will be played in arena. Now, I sincerely hope that they get things right this time and that there is a lot more diversity than what has happened the last few meta shifts. Here's to hopin':)
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Practice Arena would be nice
  • RAYRAY wrote: »
    What will happen is that whales that have everyone unlocked will begin experimenting based on the patch notes. Then they will start winning in arena (really continue winning) and then other people will start copying the teams they are using. Then in a couple weeks, the FTP players will have farmed the 2 or 3 toons that make you win the most in the new meta and in 30 days, everyone will have the same 2-3 leaders and total of 10 characters will be played in arena. Now, I sincerely hope that they get things right this time and that there is a lot more diversity than what has happened the last few meta shifts. Here's to hopin':)

What he said.
  • RAYRAY wrote: »

Great insight. Thank you.