Chromium "mega-pack" ....mega fail.

I cant figure out how to get pictures rolling.. but ive been saving every shard i got for weeks now to finally buy a mega chromium pack... this was the "steller" result.

(12) nightsister acolyte: have *3
(12) nightsister initiate : have *2
(12) finn: zero interest in
(12) old daka: sort of decent
(12) ahsoka: have *5
(12) chewy: have *4
(12) corosaunt underworld police: have *3
And finally my guarenteed "character" was........... a bonus 7 shards for nightsister acolyte..

Coming from a lvl 72 that consistantly ranks top 150 in my server.... what a load of garbage.. i saved that long for that? What a complete and utter waste of time. I wish i had bought the money packs instead. That would have been x100 more useful.

Or maybe the game is secretly telling ke to make a nightsister group....?
"May the Schwartz be with you", Yogurt

Guild: -FTB- Reign Of Fate

Replies

• the first rule of GOH, never buy a chromium pack
  • Diraan
    332 posts Member
    Slewfoot wrote: »
    the first rule of GOH, never buy a chromium pack

Exactly. Unless you have hundreds of dollars to drop each month, the chromiums will never be worth it. Save your crystals for refreshes.
    4/25/2016 - The day General Grevious Shards were reasonably priced.
  • Slewfoot wrote: »
    the first rule of GOH, never buy a chromium pack

The 2nd rule, don't stop at the 1st or the 10th if you want anything useful out of them.
  • Welcome to the forums. :)
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride
  • Barrok
    1754 posts Member
    You need to either go deep into them, or nothing at all.
  • I would take that deal...I bought a chromium and got 12 mafia enforcer shards.....done forever...
  • Basically, Chromiums are for heavy spenders. If you have to farm crystals, it's not for you. Better to spend on energy refreshes.
  • lol..... So sorry

My first 8 pack was crap too
    But one 8 pack unlocked 5 characters..
    I got that 21 days of credits so im saving up for another 8 pack. I'm sure it will bring major disappoint
    But it will still leave me with 1k in credits to spend
  • Diraan
    332 posts Member
    I bought one once on impulse in the earlier days of the game. Got CUP and vowed never to buy one again
    4/25/2016 - The day General Grevious Shards were reasonably priced.
  • Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    Packs are largely worthless unless you're a whale. You can either directly farm the characters you want, or you'll get that exclusive character that'll remain useless since you can't star them without buying more packs and the RNG says you'll need to spend a ton of money to do that.

They groaned, they stirred, they all uprose, Nor spoke, nor moved their eyes; It had been strange, even in a dream, To have seen those dead men rise.
  • Chef5
    369 posts Member
    When I first started playing I bought 1 chromium pack... got shards for Grand Moff Tarkin.. an unfarmable character.. and after that spent all my money on refreshes only, but did buy the dark side starter pack and it was a Savage Opress 3*.
  • Old Daka is "sort of decent"? Ok
  • Welcome to SWGOH. Money...more money....and more money.
    My first chromium pack is ugggnaughhttttyyyyy.
  • Mittens wrote: »
    Old Daka is "sort of decent"? Ok

Ive never gone up against her worried i would lose. Yeah her stun is a little frustrating. But shes always dead before.she even gets to her heal/revive.

I also have her as a *7 ally which has been "sort of" useful here or there. But definitely hasn't been worth my time farming her up till now. And i dont see me farming her in the forsee able future. Not until qgj is *7 at the very least.(currently *5)

• As for.everyone else. Thanks for the condolences and advice :smiley:

• I wasted so many crystals on these :'(
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • TopNaomi wrote: »
    Welcome to SWGOH. Money...more money....and more money.
    My first chromium pack is ugggnaughhttttyyyyy.

Lol ive had ug at 24/25 shards to unlock for 2 months. I just cant get myself to buy a 5 shard set to unlock a toon i know i wont ever use.

• LeoRavus
    1165 posts Member
    Yep they're awful for $20 worth of shards and the possibility of a character you can't even farm. Better off using your crystals on energy refreshes to farm toons you want to use.
  • I get one every time I get up to 350 crystals. I barely have enough time in the day to use all my energy in the various modes without refreshing anything. Plus even if I can never upgrade some of them I still want to at least unlock as many different characters as I can.
  • I had a hankering the other day and plopped down my $20.

12 x Resistance Trooper
    12 x Greedo
    12 x Snowtrooper
    12 x Ewok Scout
    12 x Snowtrooper (again)
    12 x Geo Soldier (shard shop)
    12 x Ugnaught
    Full Cad Bane

Cad Bane is cool but then you can't really level him. The shards for the rest are crap to me.

I'd say never again, but I'll probably get the urge next month to do it again.

12 x Resistance Trooper
    12 x Greedo
    12 x Snowtrooper
    12 x Ewok Scout
    12 x Snowtrooper (again)
    12 x Ugnaught
    Full Cad Bane

Cad Bane is cool but then you can't really level him. The shards for the rest are crap to me.

Idk if i can stomach another let dowm like this. Im thinking ill be sticking to refreshes from now on.

• I bought a few chromiums when I was new. I was fairly lucky. Leia. Fisto. Rex. Aayla. Shards for some I already had.

12 x Resistance Trooper
    12 x Greedo
    12 x Snowtrooper
    12 x Ewok Scout
    12 x Snowtrooper (again)
    12 x Ugnaught
    Full Cad Bane

Idk if i can stomach another let dowm like this. Im thinking ill be sticking to refreshes from now on.

I do the 2,1 refreshes every day. I just decided to throw some money away on the slot machine that day. No one to blame but myself.