Apple gift card promotion

Prev1
scuba
14246 posts Member
https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/269279/swgoh-x-apple-gift-card-promotion

if you would have left those credits and training droids it might have been worth it.

6y8cmcbrsgit.png

Replies

• TVF
    36861 posts Member
    Options
    Can't tell if serious
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    So what does this even mean? I can buy a $25 Apple gift card (to be used on anything not necessarily swgoh?) and in addition I get $25 worth of swgoh crystals + the other items mentioned?
  • Ultra
    11613 posts Moderator
    Options
    So what does this even mean? I can buy a $25 Apple gift card (to be used on anything not necessarily swgoh?) and in addition I get $25 worth of swgoh crystals + the other items mentioned?

i think that’s what it means
  • Kaird
    38 posts Member
    Options
    Big question is can it be redeemed multiple times or only once per account?. Can I buy multiple 50.00 gift
    cards to get the bonus each time?
  • Options

That’s what I think (hope) it means…
  • Options
    Aside from if there’s a redemption limit and what exactly is meant by the $25/$50 worth of crystals (are we intended to spend the card on crystals to get the bonus items?) I’d also like to know how we’re supposed to go about redeeming the offer if it’s not buying crystal packs. Will there be a code or information on the receipt or what? Also in parentheses underneath is says (Participating stores only), is that for legal reasons because some people won’t be able to process the fact that it’s only at Target as stated or will only certain Target stores be participating? @CG_Tusken_Meathead could you please let us know?
  • Options
    Kaird wrote: »
    Big question is can it be redeemed multiple times or only once per account?. Can I buy multiple 50.00 gift
    cards to get the bonus each time?

Big question should have been will the purchase be buggy?
    Started to play: Oct 30, 2022 --- Ally code: 628-998-777 --- My links: swgoh.gg | youtube | My SWGOH journey | NORDIC KINGDOM is recruiting
  • Yuejandan52
    108 posts Member
    edited April 3
    Options
    @Ultra Would you ask CG to provide some more details about the promotion (noted above, as well)? Do we need to use the gift cards in the game? If not, how do get the bonus materials? Is there a code we need to enter? Where do we get the code and where do we enter it? Is there a limit to how many one can use?
    Post edited by Yuejandan52 on
  • Options
    @CG_Tusken_Meathead Still hoping for some clarification on this stuff, ideally before the promotion starts.
  • Options
    @CG_Tusken_Meathead Still asking for clarification on this Apple gift card promo.

1) How do we redeem the bundle after making the gift card purchase.

2) Are all Target stores in the US participating in the promotion or is it only certain stores? There’s a note about “participating stores only” and I’d like to know what that means exactly. If it’s only certain Target stores how do we tell which ones?

The promotion is already live in a couple of countries and will be starting here in the US in less than a week.
  • Options
    Same Question
  • Options
    This is what I found "Participating Retailer: Target in the United States" So I think all Target's
  • Options
    The way they have it worded makes me think not all stores of some or all retailers will be participating.

oz3aot0khxaa.jpeg
  • CG_Tusken_Meathead
    451 posts EA Community Manager
    edited April 17
    Options
    Tsfletch wrote: »
    @CG_Tusken_Meathead Still asking for clarification on this Apple gift card promo.

2) Are all Target stores in the US participating in the promotion or is it only certain stores? There’s a note about “participating stores only” and I’d like to know what that means exactly. If it’s only certain Target stores how do we tell which ones?

The promotion is already live in a couple of countries and will be starting here in the US in less than a week.

I've reached out for some clarification on these answers below

1. You need to purchase the card DURING the window your regions event period is live and Redeem it during the window of the event in your region.

2. It is participating stores, not all stores. In terms of Target, I have confirmed that its all Targets in the US. Just make sure you're purchasing and redeeming the cards during the window.

Struck number 3 from here because I'm trying to get full confirmation on redemptions per tier
    Post edited by CG_Tusken_Meathead on
  • Options
    its unfortunate this is only for apple. hopefully something like this will happen for Google play in the future.
  • Options

1. You need to purchase the card DURING the window your regions event period is live and Redeem it during the window of the event in your region.

2. It is participating stores, not all stores. The stores that has SWGOH signage are participating, if you don't see SWGOH signage, they are not participating

Struck number 3 from here because I'm trying to get full confirmation on redemptions per tier

Much appreciated, thank you! I’m still unclear on the actual method of redemption, will there be a code on the receipt or something? Will we need to enter info on the EA website? Please advise, ty in advance.
  • Options
    Shinysides wrote: »
    its unfortunate this is only for apple. hopefully something like this will happen for Google play in the future.

I think that’s why they’re doing the giveaway so non Apple people can participate.
  • CG_Tusken_Meathead
    Options

2. It is participating stores, not all stores. The stores that has SWGOH signage are participating, if you don't see SWGOH signage, they are not participating

Much appreciated, thank you! I’m still unclear on the actual method of redemption, will there be a code on the receipt or something? Will we need to enter info on the EA website? Please advise, ty in advance.

Okay, so redeem your apple gift card that was purchased during your regions live period and activate it with your gamecenter account associated with SWGOH and you should be good to go.
  • Options
    Can you buy / redeem multiple? I.e. buy 2 of the 25 dollar get 2 rewards?
  • Options
    Molmaxwell wrote: »

I think Tusken said he's still trying to get full confirmation for redemption per tier, but I think in the original post said "Please note that this promotion is limited to one redemption per card tier and per Apple ID."
  • CG_Tusken_Meathead
    Options
    Molmaxwell wrote: »

I think Tusken said he's still trying to get full confirmation for redemption per tier, but I think in the original post said "Please note that this promotion is limited to one redemption per card tier and per Apple ID."

It is one per tier per the FAQ on the OP
  • Options

Okay, so redeem your apple gift card that was purchased during your regions live period and activate it with your gamecenter account associated with SWGOH and you should be good to go.

This might be a niche question, but if the Apple ID I use for Game Center were to be different from the Apple ID I use to make purchases on the app store would it still work.
  • Rnsly463
    3 posts Member
    edited April 17
    Options
    Iv never seen so many posts about 6-7 year old content on any game on mobile iv ever played. And people eating this up like it’s a new GL news lol
  • Artimus
    185 posts Member
    Options
    Rnsly463 wrote: »
    Iv never seen so many posts about 6-7 year old content on any game on mobile iv ever played. And people eating this up like it’s a new GL news lol

It’s about the free stuff. Yes some new players are probably excited about the characters.
    Most are just happy to see what is essentially a two for the price of one value in the game.
  • Options
    Does anyone know if it has to be a card you get in the store, or can we use the "email delivery" option on Target's website?
  • Options
    Rnsly463 wrote: »

Lol did you even read the promo? If CG is going to give me thousands of crystals and some other stuff just to change the method of spending money I was already going to spend then yes, I’m going to make sure I take advantage of that. Getting some Vader and Anakin shards that go straight to currency for me is just a bonus, why you would fixate on that minor detail is beyond me. 🤷‍♂️
  • Options
    Ayasdeif wrote: »
    Does anyone know if it has to be a card you get in the store, or can we use the "email delivery" option on Target's website?

I’d also like to know. Can I buy the Apple gift card via email delivery from Target’s US site? I live in the US as well. @CG_Tusken_Meathead
  • CHICOtano
    2 posts Member
    edited April 18
    Options
    Hi @CG_Tusken_Meathead ! So just to make it clear, once I redeem my gift card at the Apple Store, I should get an inbox message inside the game giving me the bonus crystals and itens. Is that it?

I’m from Brazil and the price on the ProMotion post is in US Dollars. We can only buy gift cards in Reais, our currency here. If I buy a R$ 200 gift card, what’s my reward in crystals? The same R$ 200 or the maximum is U$ 15 (about R$ 75 in Brazil)?

Thank you very much, man.

Francisco
    Post edited by CHICOtano on
  • Heavy_Drinkers1
    4 posts Member
    edited April 21
    Options
    I would also like to know if we can buy the gift card from target online?

E-gift card works!
    Post edited by Heavy_Drinkers1 on