Apple gift card promotion

2Next

Replies

• Barrok
    1754 posts Member
    Options
    Anyone tried it yet?
  • Options
    Has anyone bought from the target online store yet to make sure it works?
  • Options
    Buying online with email delivery works. I bought one and once redeemed it asks to claim swgoh rewards. They showed up in game.
  • Options
    So I was able to redeem the $25 card and got the rewards. When I redeemed the $50 card, I haven’t gotten the rewards yet… put in a ticket with EA.
  • Options
    I play primarily on Android but have access to an iPad. Anybody know if I can have my account on both devices - and if I can get this deal? Has anybody tried? Thank you in advance for any feedback.
  • Options
    Dybz wrote: »
    So I was able to redeem the $25 card and got the rewards. When I redeemed the $50 card, I haven’t gotten the rewards yet… put in a ticket with EA.
    I had the exact same issue, $25 card went through and $50 card didn’t give me anything. Put in a ticket as well but it finally came through when I hit the restore purchases for a 3rd time.
  • Options
    Same $25 went through no issues, still waiting on the $50 bonus to show up :/ restored purchases maybe 30 times now and nothing, fingers crossed for support or meathead to pull through
  • Options
    Once the gift card is purchased, what is the process to get the rewards to show up in your SWGOH account?
  • Options
    Once the gift card is purchased, what is the process to get the rewards to show up in your SWGOH account?

Click the redeem button on your phone. If you click it on a laptop or something, it will create problems. Then it will have a button to redeem the rewards and they should show up in your account.

I finally got my problem fixed. Put in a ticket and done by this afternoon.

• Decicrim
    249 posts Member
    Options
    Decicrim wrote: »
    Same $25 went through no issues, still waiting on the $50 bonus to show up :/ restored purchases maybe 30 times now and nothing, fingers crossed for support or meathead to pull through

@CG_Tusken_Meathead Please help! It's been 3 days and i'm still missing rewards from $50 card, EA support has shuffled me to 3 different people over 3 days with 12 hours between each response.

yes the card was bought at a US participating retailer within the dates : At Target on April 28th.
    the$25 card redeemed without issue, but the $50 card nothing -- i got a promt the store was 'processing a transaction' but nothing came through

I have sent you a PM
  • DarthVeritas
    2 posts Member
    edited May 12
    Options
    Hal_10000 wrote: »

Click the redeem button on your phone. If you click it on a laptop or something, it will create problems. Then it will have a button to redeem the rewards and they should show up in your account.

I finally got my problem fixed. Put in a ticket and done by this afternoon.

@Hal_10000 - can I ask where you saw the "redeem" button on your phone? was it within the SWGOH game? or somewhere else maybe? I'm just not seeing a "redeem" button no matter where I look.

I'll add - I purchased a physical card in a brick and mortar store; I didn't buy a card online.
  • Mdot
    4 posts Member
    Options
    I bought $25 & $50 gift cards at target on May 9th. When activating these two cards I experienced two different results. For the first (the $25 card), I got a message that I "redeemed a bonus bundle for SWGOH" with a button to open the game, expecting to then receive the bundle in-game. However, while that button did open the game, I never received the bonus bundle. I even went so far as to exit the game, return to that app store redemption screen, open the game once again, but nothing happened.

I continued to redeem the $50 gift card. This time I received an error message indicating that I would receive an email with directions. Later that evening, I did get this email, and was able to successfully acquire the expected in-game reward for this (and only this) gift card.

I am still missing these rewards from the redemption of the $25 gift card. I attempted to get help from Apple support, who referred me to EA instead for in-game rewards (not Apple's domain). I have fought through the in-game EA help support with zero success thus far. EA help directed me to speak with Apple, did not provide me with an official/traceable help ticket, and only provided chat messages that were not useful and barely indicative of understanding my problem. Today that support message indicated that I ought to post a message here.

I am losing faith that EA intends to provide these rewards to my account and I seem to be unable to get any traction towards a resolution.
  • Options
    Hi there,

I wanted to reach out to regarding the Apple Gift card promotion. I live in Victoria BC Canada and went to a Circle K on the first day of the promotion and uploaded the cards onto my apple account. The promotion did not show up and I tried some workarounds: i) restoring purchases, ii)logging out of Game Center then back in, iii) Trying to purchase an item to trigger the promotion. None of these worked and I tried in different combos for 48 hrs to give time for the promotion to kick in. I then called Apple Support and spend some time with them on the phone confirming that they were aware of the promotion and that it had been applied correctly to my App Store (which it looked like it had and indeed that was the case). I then spoke to circle K head office in Canada and they confirmed that they were also aware of the promotion. Both partners stated that the issue would have to be with Capital Games since both had record of my purchase of the $50 and $25 cards and the promotion was applied correctly from their end. Over the last weeks the in game support has been quite frankly terrible. First I spoke to Moshohrii who told me that the I had to speak to Apple to fix the balance on the card (which was not the issue I put in the chat). I replied that the issue was with the promotion advertised in your forums and Raghav replied asking for a screenshot of the gift cards. I sent him a screen shots of the cards, the receipt, the google maps of the store I purchased them at along with the promotion and partner dates advertised and the balance applied to my App Store and the fact that my App Store matched my in game info. Several days later Manish asked me for the details of my purchase so hey could check, despite it being the in my support ticket history. Richa then thanked me for the info and asked me to log in and out again which I did with no success. Then Vinay told me to talk to Apple again and I responded with the history. Jayesh then says that you can't help with apple gift cards (when it's your promotion). K-Pungdi then suggested that I "restore purchases"and I told them I had. Then Samzai told me to contact apple. Then Abhishek told me to contact the retailer. So two weeks and 9 different support staff (never the same person twice). I have asked for the ticket to be escalated and it never was. For a company that is on top of EA's mobile gaming earnings this is really terrible support. It's frustrating, time consuming and takes a lot of the enjoyment out of a game I overall really enjoy as way to unwind after a busy day.
  • Bell
    3 posts Member
    Options
    Check your email associated with your apple account, same thing happened to me , contacted apple they said it would be in an email to claim promotion .
  • JediMohsey
    7 posts Member
    edited May 19
    Options
    @CG_Tusken_Meathead I had the same experience as most in this forum. Bought the gift card online, clearly marked for the promotion at Target. Redeemed. Got a screen to redeem the gift in-game. Got nothing but and error saying an email would likely come in a week. Still haven’t gotten anything. So I’m missing all the bonus for a $50 gift card purchase. E-mailed customer service and no response.

Edit: finally found an email from Apple for it.
    Post edited by JediMohsey on
  • Mdot
    4 posts Member
    Options
    Following up my comment above (May 17th), and after spending 3+ weeks attempting to get help through the in-game chat, I'm more frustrated than ever on this topic.

I'm told from EA Support that they have confirmed my account received the rewards. When pressed as to if my account received rewards for both tiers of this promotion (having redeemed both $25 & $50 apple gift cards), I received no response. When asked for EA Support to show their work, noting that I am missing at least some portion of the Tier 1 rewards, but did receive those from Tier 2, again they did not / could not prove to me both sets of rewards had been provided. I provided screen shots showing my claim, but I am told that I need to simply take the word of those working in support in response.

I received rewards one time, in one package so to speak. If both tiers were packaged together then I think there is still a gap between the promotion and what was provided to my account. I submitted to the in-game help chat a screen shot showing that I received only one delivery of shards for JKA & DV, 330 shards for each. Per the promotion, I should have received that package of character shards twice, or 660 shards for each character. Frankly I do not suspect the game allows delivery of 660 shards for any character in one delivery.

I did not track the number of crystals in my account before & after I took receipt of the one time delivery of rewards. If combined, I should have received 11,055 crystals (7370 + 3685) - but I simply do not recall my crystal balance prior to this activity. I expected that EA Support would have checked this during my multiple requests for assistance.

When pressed with these details, EA in-game help simply responded that they cannot add anything manually to my account. It seems that they don't have the ability to solve this problem, which makes the 3 weeks of ineffective "help" useless from that start.

Also, I asked multiple times for support to elevate my issue to a supervisor. I was told in response "we at EA share the same tools and escalating it to our manager wouldn't lead to any desired outcome". Does this mean my issue was escalated? Or did the support rep refuse to escalate my issue?

From where I sit, every option provided to me - including guidance to post my issue in this forum - has not led to the desired outcome.
  • Options
    Still haven’t received anything after purchase and redeeming
  • Options
    Still waiting to receive bonus content after purchasing $50 gift card from circle k.

Ea help told me “just wait the 7 days”
  • Options
    Mdot wrote: »
    Following up my comment above (May 17th), and after spending 3+ weeks attempting to get help through the in-game chat, I'm more frustrated than ever on this topic.

I'm told from EA Support that they have confirmed my account received the rewards. When pressed as to if my account received rewards for both tiers of this promotion (having redeemed both $25 & $50 apple gift cards), I received no response. When asked for EA Support to show their work, noting that I am missing at least some portion of the Tier 1 rewards, but did receive those from Tier 2, again they did not / could not prove to me both sets of rewards had been provided. I provided screen shots showing my claim, but I am told that I need to simply take the word of those working in support in response.

I received rewards one time, in one package so to speak. If both tiers were packaged together then I think there is still a gap between the promotion and what was provided to my account. I submitted to the in-game help chat a screen shot showing that I received only one delivery of shards for JKA & DV, 330 shards for each. Per the promotion, I should have received that package of character shards twice, or 660 shards for each character. Frankly I do not suspect the game allows delivery of 660 shards for any character in one delivery.

I did not track the number of crystals in my account before & after I took receipt of the one time delivery of rewards. If combined, I should have received 11,055 crystals (7370 + 3685) - but I simply do not recall my crystal balance prior to this activity. I expected that EA Support would have checked this during my multiple requests for assistance.

When pressed with these details, EA in-game help simply responded that they cannot add anything manually to my account. It seems that they don't have the ability to solve this problem, which makes the 3 weeks of ineffective "help" useless from that start.

Also, I asked multiple times for support to elevate my issue to a supervisor. I was told in response "we at EA share the same tools and escalating it to our manager wouldn't lead to any desired outcome". Does this mean my issue was escalated? Or did the support rep refuse to escalate my issue?

From where I sit, every option provided to me - including guidance to post my issue in this forum - has not led to the desired outcome.

Has this been resolved?