Do you ever think this game will shorten the life of your phone?

Prev1
fudgra
982 posts Member
My phone gets hot while I'm playing this. Now if things like the galactic war and others will take much longer it seems like it will make the phone life shorter.

Replies

• pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    It does.
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • It's shortening the battery life that's for sure.
  • Ole_Man_Bourbon
    343 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    It drops my I6 from 25% to 0 sometimes

Suddenly
  • slampdx
    478 posts Member
    It's destroyed my galaxy s6 edge. Battery lasts about two hours
  • fudgra
    982 posts Member
    I'm thinking it may be better to get a cheap tablet to play it on. My phone was too expensive and I can't afford a new one. lol
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    it's shortening my life. my phone is fine
    mighty chlorians
  • reizse wrote: »

Amen

Agreed. Where is the thread for SWGOH recovering addicts? Anybody else realize that they are on step 1 of the program?
    You beat me to it.
  • Turn the brightness down
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    If GW gets harder, I'm sure it will.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Lol, I do not have any problems with my iPhone 6S Plus.
  • Ackturi
    379 posts Member
    No issues on s7

:D
  • fudgra
    982 posts Member
    I think some don't understand what shorten the phone life means.

It means the phone won't last as long as it would with normal use. It puts strain on the processor and battery making it hot. My screen gets hot.
  • Ackturi wrote: »
    No issues on s7

Agreed. S7 handles it like a champ. Doesn't even warm up.
  • Ackturi
    379 posts Member
    Ackturi wrote: »
    No issues on s7

Agreed. S7 handles it like a champ. Doesn't even warm up.

Well and you can reduce resolution which is awesome.
  • Baggodi
    404 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

Get a throw proof phone case! The game doesn't inspire me to throw my phone often, but my ex wife does every time she calls! Thank God for otterbox!
  • Ackturi
    379 posts Member
    Baggodi wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

Get a throw proof phone case! The game doesn't inspire me to throw my phone often, but my ex wife does every time she calls! Thank God for otterbox!

Block number works wonders... make her use snail mail
  • Yeah man my x does the same to me. I want too beat her as too bad she is a women. As far as this I play it on three devices. A Blu studio c 5+5, A galaxy s5 somebody just left at my job, and a neutab G7. The samsung runs the game flawlessly with great quality. The others can be a bit laggy, but when the samsung dies I use my cheaper tablet. Definitely it looks the best on Galaxy s5. It makes my Blu phone super hot, but I only use it when I'm out. The samsung doesn't heat up at all from the game. The Neutab doesn't either. So if you have 3 lollipop devices like me it really isn't a worry, but if all I had was one phone, or I didn't get a free samsung I would definitely get another device too put less stress on my phone:)
  • No issues on S6 Edge...
  • It is shortening some wieners!
  • Yeah, it's killed the battery on my Note 4, I'm getting a good deal, 2 extra batteries and a charge case for $40
  • papnwors
    749 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Absolutely no problems on my iPhone 6s. Doesn't heat up at all.
    I just close the app when I'm done playing as it seems to use a lot of battery when running in the background.
  • The game indirectly broke my galaxy s4, as I dropped it whilst walking to work. Took the phone out of my pocket to play, dropped it and smash went the screen. Ended up wth the wife's iPhone 6 so had to start a new account in February, after playing since November on Android. Grrrr.
  • Phones are made to be used. :)
    | John Salera is my favorite Sith Lord |
  • It killed the battery on my S5. But when I got another battery the original noticed there was some competition and stepped back into line. Now it's running fine again.

No, I'm not kidding. This actually happened.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • MaxiPriest wrote: »
    It is shortening some wieners!

My epeen is fine.

• ElToro
    149 posts Member
    I have to use an ice block so it doesn't get hot cause if it does, it stays lagging and it will either shut off the app or if it gets really really hot, it shuts off the phone
  • luckily I run a cooler and 6 fans on my overclocked phone.