Is this a joke? Make "Resistance" not killed?

Ger4sim
98 posts Member
edited April 13
Post edited by crzydroid on

Replies

  • crzydroid
    7358 posts Moderator
    Options
    You kept using Bane's special on Holdo to reduce her Max Health to 1, so she can't drop below it.

    Next time, use that ability on other characters.
  • Options
    Quite possibly unrelated, but I had an interaction that I didn’t understand with resistance too. 3pm3lxtm86uq.png

    nkunjrngacvq.png

    Rey ult wasn’t up, Ben (clearly) wasn’t present, but none of the team could drop below 1% until I dropped JTR into damage immunity, after which they all died normally.
  • Options
    I don’t remember what the icon descriptor above JTR was and I didn’t get a screenshot of it, but I don’t recognize it off the top of my head
  • crzydroid
    7358 posts Moderator
    Options
    stb500a wrote: »
    Quite possibly unrelated, but I had an interaction that I didn’t understand with resistance too. 3pm3lxtm86uq.png

    nkunjrngacvq.png

    Rey ult wasn’t up, Ben (clearly) wasn’t present, but none of the team could drop below 1% until I dropped JTR into damage immunity, after which they all died normally.

    You should probably read the datacron you just posted. No one can die until everyone's dropped below 100% health.
  • Options
    Yep, I just read the first part
  • Options
    This is one of those examples of a DC that I despise.

    Because it completely slows down the game & is way more OP on defense than it is on Offense because the attacker is working under the 5 minute timer.

    There's "changing the meta" and then there is just making the game un-fun.
    This DC is the latter of the 2 IMHO.

  • flux_rono
    2130 posts Member
    Options
    This is one of those examples of a DC that I despise.

    Because it completely slows down the game & is way more OP on defense than it is on Offense because the attacker is working under the 5 minute timer.

    There's "changing the meta" and then there is just making the game un-fun.
    This DC is the latter of the 2 IMHO.

    honestly I think this datacron wouldn't be as despised if it had a no GL present clause. because when its paired with Rey and shes helping make JTR slowly become unhittable, or Rey with Holdo and you cant get through the protection with you having the ticking timebombs of reys ults/ whirlwinds while not being able to kill anything
  • Ger4sim
    98 posts Member
    Options
    Please correct the situation with your DC!!! I put on "AUTO" and again the same problem!!!
    Maybe you will already start "turning on your head" when you bring such a huge imbalance into the game!!!
    qwsbnuzb0hbx.jpg
  • TargetEadu
    1606 posts Member
    Options
    Why did you press auto instead of doing what people suggested you do?
  • Ger4sim
    98 posts Member
    Options
    TargetEadu wrote: »
    Why did you press auto instead of doing what people suggested you do?

    But because situations are different. And time in battle does not stop! Why do you think that developers should not fix their mistakes?
    Are you saying the players are to blame for this?
  • UdalCuain
    5033 posts Member
    Options
    Ger4sim wrote: »
    TargetEadu wrote: »
    Why did you press auto instead of doing what people suggested you do?

    But because situations are different. And time in battle does not stop! Why do you think that developers should not fix their mistakes?
    Are you saying the players are to blame for this?

    Yes.

    Stop using that special on the same character. You had the answer to this in the first reply
  • Ger4sim
    98 posts Member
    edited May 12
    Options
    Enough! I do not want to prove anything more to those who do not understand the essence of game mechanics. Any branch of the Algorithm should not lead to the "impossibility" of its completion = i.e. to looping.
  • Options
    Ger4sim wrote: »
    UdalCuain wrote: »
    Ger4sim wrote: »
    UdalCuain wrote: »
    Ger4sim wrote: »
    TargetEadu wrote: »
    Why did you press auto instead of doing what people suggested you do?

    But because situations are different. And time in battle does not stop! Why do you think that developers should not fix their mistakes?
    Are you saying the players are to blame for this?

    Yes.

    Stop using that special on the same character. You had the answer to this in the first reply

    Are the players to blame - really?

    Maybe we don't write about problems and mistakes at all? But standing ovation?
    You're confusing something! Maybe you lost your bearings in life?

    To reiterate the major points.
    1) if you reduce a character to 1 HP, you can't knock them below it.
    2) your overuse of Bane's special on a single character (be it on manual or auto) causes this to happen.

    Yes, it is user error.

    For especially smart ones, I will say the following: In no game should there be mechanics who make further passage/completion of the stage impossible due to "subjective" reasons! And the "error" leading to the complete impossibility of killing in any action - this should not be a problem of player. It's a BUG!
    So it's clear?

    It’s not subjective, you are making an objective error by choosing a course of action which does not permit a quantitative benchmark to be achieved. This is entirely player error that you are creating an impossible situation for yourself. This is entirely working as intended and described and by refusing to play the game as described and as coded you are the engineer of your own failures.
    Account started June 2020. 100% FTP. 8.2m GP. JMK, JML, SLKR, and SEE. Exe and Levi. Ally code 117-269-921. Swgoh.gg
  • Options
    Ger4sim wrote: »
    Enough! I do not want to prove anything more to those who do not understand the essence of game mechanics. Any branch of the Algorithm should not lead to the "impossibility" of its completion = i.e. to looping.

    Says this while not understanding the game mechanics that was explained to them. Do not use your third ability with Bane on Holdo. Noone can be defeated if all Resistance doesn't drop below 1hp with that DC. Holdo having 1hp makes it so she can't drop below that mark making it impossible to kill the team.
  • Screerider
    1409 posts Member
    Options
    a8e50b15-bfa2-42fd-aff4-169b89f7383c_text.gif
  • Options
    So, while I totally agree that the OP is playing right into this, they still have a point.

    Its sort of like killing an entire Team w/ CLS before Jango/Nest can get Invulnerability off & then forcing a time out 4 minutes later because the TM drain stops them from ever taking a turn.

    Certain things shouldn't lead to "unwinnable because stall" or however you want to phrase it.

    I would go so far as to say there needs to be a button where a character can "Pass" & blow their TM out w/o making a move in order to NOT be forced into making a BAD move due to the special conditions of some KIT/Disk/Cron.

    Or maybe there needs to be a way for "timeout/draw" to still be a win if you have more players / total HP on the board, IDK, it its not like this is the only dumb scenario that the game has in it where the mechanics are "broken" w/o actually being Broken.
  • Blubcop
    390 posts Member
    Options
    I would go so far as to say there needs to be a button where a character can "Pass" & blow their TM out w/o making a move in order to NOT be forced into making a BAD move due to the special conditions of some KIT/Disk/Cron.

    Or maybe there needs to be a way for "timeout/draw" to still be a win if you have more players / total HP on the board, IDK, it its not like this is the only dumb scenario that the game has in it where the mechanics are "broken" w/o actually being Broken.
    First option would completely change balance, as some kits are just made so they punish your wrong moves or team choices and it's what makes up part of their value.

    Second Option would be worse as you could just try to get the upper hand at the start of the battle and then just sit it out.
  • Schwartzring
    1462 posts Member
    edited May 13
    Options
    Blubcop wrote: »
    First option would completely change balance, as some kits are just made so they punish your wrong moves or team choices and it's what makes up part of their value.
    I disagree, when I look at those examples like being Invulnerable, I'm not sure I buy into the fact that the Devs were taking TM drain into account when they created it.
    It's a nice mechanic to go Invulnerable for a certain amount of time. (Jango Start, Nest w/ Prot Creep)
    BUT, in each case it only lasts a certain time & then you can proceed w/ the fight as normal.
    They go out of their way to STOP teams that have a 100% TM Loop due to some interaction they didn't test for & end up Nerfing this character or that disc to stop it.

    But because these situations are not 100% guaranteed since you might NOT beat the entire team before getting to turn 2, they are never fixed.

    Point is, they shouldn't be an issue from the beginning.
    The reality is, if something is IMMUNE, then it should also be IMMUNE to TM Drain too so you don't just leave it in Invulnerable state forever since it can't take a turn.

    The game shouldn't require you having to 3-man in 5v5 just to be weak enough not to wipe them out too quickly.

    It shouldn't punish you for Relicing up your characters to the point that they kill too quickly.
    Or have Mods that are TOO FAST.

    But hey, that's just my opinion.

  • Jacgul
    246 posts Member
    Options
    Blubcop wrote: »
    First option would completely change balance, as some kits are just made so they punish your wrong moves or team choices and it's what makes up part of their value.
    I disagree, when I look at those examples like being Invulnerable, I'm not sure I buy into the fact that the Devs were taking TM drain into account when they created it.
    It's a nice mechanic to go Invulnerable for a certain amount of time. (Jango Start, Nest w/ Prot Creep)
    BUT, in each case it only lasts a certain time & then you can proceed w/ the fight as normal.
    They go out of their way to STOP teams that have a 100% TM Loop due to some interaction they didn't test for & end up Nerfing this character or that disc to stop it.

    But because these situations are not 100% guaranteed since you might NOT beat the entire team before getting to turn 2, they are never fixed.

    Point is, they shouldn't be an issue from the beginning.
    The reality is, if something is IMMUNE, then it should also be IMMUNE to TM Drain too so you don't just leave it in Invulnerable state forever since it can't take a turn.

    The game shouldn't require you having to 3-man in 5v5 just to be weak enough not to wipe them out too quickly.

    It shouldn't punish you for Relicing up your characters to the point that they kill too quickly.
    Or have Mods that are TOO FAST.

    But hey, that's just my opinion.
    Blubcop wrote: »
    First option would completely change balance, as some kits are just made so they punish your wrong moves or team choices and it's what makes up part of their value.
    I disagree, when I look at those examples like being Invulnerable, I'm not sure I buy into the fact that the Devs were taking TM drain into account when they created it.
    It's a nice mechanic to go Invulnerable for a certain amount of time. (Jango Start, Nest w/ Prot Creep)
    BUT, in each case it only lasts a certain time & then you can proceed w/ the fight as normal.
    They go out of their way to STOP teams that have a 100% TM Loop due to some interaction they didn't test for & end up Nerfing this character or that disc to stop it.

    But because these situations are not 100% guaranteed since you might NOT beat the entire team before getting to turn 2, they are never fixed.

    Point is, they shouldn't be an issue from the beginning.
    The reality is, if something is IMMUNE, then it should also be IMMUNE to TM Drain too so you don't just leave it in Invulnerable state forever since it can't take a turn.

    The game shouldn't require you having to 3-man in 5v5 just to be weak enough not to wipe them out too quickly.

    It shouldn't punish you for Relicing up your characters to the point that they kill too quickly.
    Or have Mods that are TOO FAST.

    But hey, that's just my opinion.

    Turn meter removal in galactic challenges punishes you for relicing too.
  • Hortus
    638 posts Member
    Options
    Honestly the claim that character with immunity should be also immune to TMR is very logical and definitely not gamebreaking. But I don't think we will see this change in the game unless there will be some global status effect rebalance.
Sign In or Register to comment.