New and making too many mistakes. Please help

Sorry for another "I'm new need help" post but I feel I'm making too many mistakes at this point with no direction.

First mistake was buying $9 Vader pack and spending all resources on noob achievements then buying the hyperdrive bundle wiping out all the progress. Then I proceeded to do as much of the legends as I could with all the new 5 star toons. I really wanted cmdr Luke so I invested all my HDB resources on ST Han, farm boy Luke, Leia, Vader, Palp, and Mace. I chose Mace because I wanted his ship for jedi team. I've used up all resources at this point and I feel I'm not making any progress per the many guides I've been reading. My teams are mismatched light and dark side now and I'm running into areas of the game that I cannot move past like conquest and galactic war.

Now I'm wanting to forget CLS for the moment and focus on Light Revan and BHs for their ships starting my way to Executer as per adnolt101's guide but I don't know how to set up my teams with my high level mismatch toons.

I don't know if it matters but I'm not fond of Rebels or ep 7-9 so I'm avoiding those unless I have absolutely have to have them.

Also, I joined a guild that doesn't seem to do any of the raid content that I need or qualify for so now I'm looking for a better one more suited. And I don't know if this matters but I do not use discord but willing to be very active regardless.

Thanks for any help provided as I'm really struggling here.

Jebiv

Replies

• Options
    Jebiv wrote: »
    Sorry for another "I'm new need help" post but I feel I'm making too many mistakes at this point with no direction.

First mistake was buying $9 Vader pack and spending all resources on noob achievements then buying the hyperdrive bundle wiping out all the progress. Then I proceeded to do as much of the legends as I could with all the new 5 star toons. I really wanted cmdr Luke so I invested all my HDB resources on ST Han, farm boy Luke, Leia, Vader, Palp, and Mace. I chose Mace because I wanted his ship for jedi team. I've used up all resources at this point and I feel I'm not making any progress per the many guides I've been reading. My teams are mismatched light and dark side now and I'm running into areas of the game that I cannot move past like conquest and galactic war.

Now I'm wanting to forget CLS for the moment and focus on Light Revan and BHs for their ships starting my way to Executer as per adnolt101's guide but I don't know how to set up my teams with my high level mismatch toons.

I don't know if it matters but I'm not fond of Rebels or ep 7-9 so I'm avoiding those unless I have absolutely have to have them.

Also, I joined a guild that doesn't seem to do any of the raid content that I need or qualify for so now I'm looking for a better one more suited. And I don't know if this matters but I do not use discord but willing to be very active regardless.

Thanks for any help provided as I'm really struggling here.

Jebiv

Find a guide and stick to it. Farming units and putting teams together takes time - weeks or months sometimes. That's just how the game works. It's slow going in the beginning but as you build up a few teams things will start to move a little faster, and then faster still.

Don't get distracted and switch to a new goal until the previous goal has been met - at least not unless you have a very, very good reason. Switching goals prematurely is the number one cause of having tons of sub-optimal units on tons of sub-optimal teams. Slow and steady wins the race.
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • rickertron
    347 posts Member
    edited April 30
    Options
    herd_nerfer has provided some pretty solid advice, I just want offer you some encouragement based on my own experience. I too was once in your shoes making mistakes, building toons and teams based on what I liked vs what is effective etc. But keep plugging away you will get better, your teams will get better, don't frett if you don't have the most efficient roster or the one that guides that describe as being the best. You will find success, get wins, but you will also suffer losses along the way. I mean seriously My junk roster of 3 old GL's (Rey, SKLR, SEE) plus an executor has taken me to Kyber 2. I am woefully overmatched in almost every GAC i am in but find away with my crappy teams and underdeveloped toons to achieve victory and also get whooped. In Conquest I play hard node but never get into the top 3 reward chests but have almost all of the conquest characters. Stuff happens.

I rarely have enough resources to Relic characters from the hop hence why all my conquest chars are in various stated of development, but i have a roster and I can make it work and so can you. Just pick goals, stick with them and don't change farms midstream. Enjoy the Process.
  • Options
    Thanks for the advice. I understand what the guides are saying but I also want to collect and play certain characters. Like I said before I'm not fond of the show Rebels and the Rey movies but absolutely love everything else. Shame there's no NJO or other characters from the books before Disney. Kotor was nice to see so there's that. I'm sure I'll get over my biases as I play more and go for the GLs.

I also understand I need to stick to a plan. Each time I log on I want to head in a different direction so that's a problem. As of today I am heading towards a good jedi team with bastille and will switch out as I unlock better (Yoda, joli, revan, etc) for my main. I have both Vader and palp but can't decide between troopers or straight sith for the DS team. As for ships I am going for Tarkin with BHs but I do miss the x wings and such. Falcon and Executer afe my long term goals. All this sound plausible? Any immediate tips I should know or might be missing?

Again, thanks for the advice. Having played a few days now I wish I'd done things differently with the HDB.
  • Schwartzring
    1524 posts Member
    edited May 1
    Options
    So, the biggest mistakes you've made so far is in the order you purchased things.

#1. If your going to purchase the Hyper Bundle then you DO THAT FIRST.

#2. At this point, Ignore most any other bundle that isn't a LIGHT SPEED bundle.

Outside of Hyper & LS, everything else is total crude in value.
    When you calculate that this is all digital pixels, then everything is zero real value, but of them all, the Hyper Speed & Light Speed bundles are at least the most value for them.

#3. Your going for the Mace Cap ship first. Bad move, he should be last.
    Work on the ships in the order of Executor > HomeOne > Endurance
    Your going to need 5+ DS & 5+ LS ships eventually if you don't have them.
    I honestly forget what is in the HyperDrive but I would work on Geos*3, Silencer, & anything Crewless DS for an early DS team(s).
    Finalizer Bundle ($20) has a lot of stuff for Executor in it, which is why I didn't say BH ships above.

Executor will open up Zeta Mats (Actually that challenge might be open w/ Hyper Drive? not sure actually)
    Home-One will open up Chimera.
    The only thing Endurance opens up is some minor fleet mats & can be used in the GAS event but really, getting Negotiator is the better option there.

#4. Light Speed Bundles are not always available. So far we have seen them 3x.
    Wave-1 (GL-Rey, GL-Kylo, Starkiller, Raddus)
    Wave-2 (Palpatine, Thrawn, Chimera, BeskarMando, Finalizer)
    Wave-1 Again
    Wave-3 (Coming May the 4th Be With You Day) (Geos, GAS, NightSisters, C3PO)
    My suggestion is don't buy anything till you see some LS Bundles on May the 4th.
    If spending is something your willing to do, then at least make those $$ count for something.

#5 - LS-Revan & DS-Revan are both solid things to work towards since really, there is no LS Bundle for either of those events yet.
    Other things might have a LS Bundle that can really speed it up.
    Working the Revan(s) & by association, Malak, is a solid path that so far won't overlap w/ LS Bundles.
  • Schwartzring
    1524 posts Member
    Options
    PS. When talking about the early Trio of Ships, I said Executor, but meant Executrix.
  • Jebiv
    5 posts Member
    Options
    Thanks!

Today I learned about mods and trying to equip my mains based on swgoh.gg recommendations. It's slow going and the credit crunch is real.

My main team is Bastila, Mace, Old Ben, Anakin and Ahsoka. I was able to finish map 9 today.

Still trying to figure out the best DS team. Right now it's Tarken, DV, Palp, Tie Pilot and ST. What's best with DV and Palp?

I've switched to Tarkens capital but trying to upgrade ships is slow going.

My guild 48 hrs cool off period is up tomorrow so I'm looking forward to participating in raids and such.

After a week I can see the value in the LSBs. Looking forward to May the 4th.

• Schwartzring
    1524 posts Member
    edited May 2
    Options
    Mods are SUPER important, and, you can waste a ton of credits on them early on not knowing what to do.

I'm going to post a "brief-ish" post I made elsewhere, it's not perfect but take it for what its worth.

The below info is about risk v/s reward & saving credits to use in the best way.

Item #3 really won't apply to you yet since your new & don't have legions of mods to clean out, but hopefully #1 & #2 will help you with knowing what mods to waste credits on leveling them early on.

After 5 years in the game, I have a few basic rules for mods....
    Rule #1:
    Left Side Mods (Square, Diamond, Circle):
    Sell the Greys w/o leveling them.
    Colors Need to be 5* & show speed when I click "reveal secondaries" or they get sold.
    If they show speed then, I'll level them to 12 & see the new speed level.
    Then based on that speed, I'll sell them or Level them to 15 & start slicing towards Gold.
    Speed Break Points = Green-5, Blue-8, Purple-10
    If they fall below the above combo of Color/Speed then I'll stop slicing.
    If they hit I'll keep slicing.
    Rule #2:
    Right Side Mods (Arrow, Triangle, Cross)
    Need to be "aligned" between Set & Primary.
    (Unless its a 5* Gold Mod w/ 5 Speed at L1 & then I might level it just to see if it pops up to 20+ speed)
    IE...
    Speed Arrows need Speed Primaries.
    CD/Offense/CC Triangles need CD/Offense/CC Primaries.
    Defense Triangles want Defense/Health/Protection Primaries, etc etc.
    Crosses like being aligned too but also having Potency/Tenacity as Primaries since you can only get those on the Crosses.
    If your aligned &/or showing Speed secondary at L1 then I'll click "Reveal Secondaries" &/or level up to 12 & reassess similar to left side.
    At that point I treat them more like Left Side & Sell or Level-15/Slice them
    Speed Break Points = Green-5, Blue-8, Purple-10
    I'm probably a bit more flexible w/ nicely aligned mods.
    For example, if I have a Green-3 Triangle that is CD Set w/ CD Primary & the other secondary stats are Raw Offense, Crit Chance, & Tenacity, then I'm probably leveling that to 12 even on 3-Speed.
    Are there exceptions to the above rules for certain characters?
    Sure, things like a "Slow" JKL, Droideka, & Enfys Nest might have you keeping some 0-3 Speed Mods.
    Stuff like GAS with a CD Set & Protection Primaries does happen, but those are rare situations.
    For the most part, a good 80%+ of characters are going to want generic common Speed with options that focus on either Damage or Durability in addition to some Speed.
    Rule #3:
    Clean Mods Frequently.
    Don't let yourself sit at 499/500 in the Mod Bank.
    There is NOOO reason for it.
    Set a Limit on # of Mods in the Mod Bank.
    For me, I made it simple, there are 8 Sets & 6 Slots, that's 48 different combos of just Set/Slot.
    And the bank has a maximum of 500 unequipped mods.
    48/500 = 10ish
    So when I go into my bank & I filter by Unequipped & then pick a single Slot/Set combo (Like Health/Square)
    I expect to see under 10.
    I went ahead & got a bit organized/**** about it & came up with the following.
    The left side has less diversity since the primaries don't move as much or at all so I shoot for less there & more on the right side where there are more options.
    I also flexed a bit in terms of 2-Mod sets v/s 4-Mod sets and came up with the following.
    Left Side / 2-Mod (Defense, CC, Tenacity, Potency)
    4 Mods (1 row of 4, unequipped)
    Right Side / 2-Mod (Defense, CC, Tenacity, Potency)
    6 Mods (1.5 rows of 4, unequipped)
    Left Side / 4-Mod+Health (Speed/Offense/CD/Health)
    8 Mods (2 rows of 4, unequipped)
    Right Side / 4-Mod+Health (Speed/Offense/CD/Health)
    10 Mods (2.5 rows of 4, unequipped)
    These should also be some of the worst mods since clearly the best mods should be on the characters using them.
    If there are more than the above, its time to clean/sell & if there are less, then its time to do some sims for that mod set & see what new mods I can bring in.
    Post edited by Schwartzring on
  • Options
    Jebiv wrote: »
    My main team is Bastila, Mace, Old Ben, Anakin and Ahsoka. I was able to finish map 9 today.

Still trying to figure out the best DS team. Right now it's Tarken, DV, Palp, Tie Pilot and ST. What's best with DV and Palp?

I've switched to Tarkens capital but trying to upgrade ships is slow going.

After a week I can see the value in the LSBs. Looking forward to May the 4th.

Get GM-Yoda added to that Jedi team asap, can replace Mace or Ben.
    His #4 ability when combined w/ Bastillas #2 is AMAZING

EP Lead + Vader, Tark, Thrawn, TIE is what I ran in the beginning.
    It lacks a tank but the TM the team earns from all the debuffs is insane.
    You just get a fast jump early w/ Thrawn & pass the turn to Palp (or Vader) and watch the chaos happen.

When it comes to ships, focus on the FIGHTERS before the Cap SDs w/ your Leveling/Credits.
    You won't need more than 2 teams early on, 1 LS, 1 DS so don't invest in leveling up more than 14 fighters at max. Probably 10.
    And keep DS team as your priority leveling them first.

So basically in priority order......
    5-7 DS Fighters
    5-7 LS Fighters
    Executor
    HomeOne
    Leave the rest alone till the above are all L85.

For the upcoming LS Bundles, I want to say its the Padme Bundle that you DON'T want at all.
    It's almost entirely dupes from the GAS, GEOs, & NS bundles, I think maybe 3 toons are dupes from elsewhere.

• Jebiv
    5 posts Member
    Options
    Now this is exactly what I needed to hear. Thanks for taking the time. I feel at ease now knowing a good solid way forward and the mod advice is priceless.

• MaxBane
    14 posts Member
    Options
    I have started playing 5 month ago and, while I agree, with almost everything everyone has said, I would like to add my two cents:
    - Early on Crystals should be used to refresh nodes and Capital Ship events. Don't waste them on shards or equipment.
    - If you are going to spent money in this game, buy LS bundles with Bounty Hunters in it ASAP.
    - If you're not going to spent more money, for a DS team focus on BH, specifically Bossk, Boba Fett, IG-88, Cad Bane and their ships.

Really, in my experience, no other team has a greater general usefulness than a Bounty Hunter team for a fresh player, not even Phoenix. While they are not the strongest DS team, even early on, they remain solid for the whole game, plus they are mandatory for a number of factor:
    - Hound's Tooth (Bossk's ship) is MANDATORY to advance in ship battles and to be competitive in Fleet Arena early on. Fleet Arena is the main source of Crystals income, so do not underestimate it. Honestly, this should be your top priority.
    - Their ships work with Executrix for Zetas farm
    - Bounty Hunters will be required to unlock Chewy, Falcon and, much later on, the Executor
    - There is a monthly Assault Battle that can be done with BH
    - There is a BH only monthly event, Credit Heist, that, as the name suggest, gives credits which is the first wall you'll face
    - There is a BH only monthly event that gives shards including Wampa
    - I'm sure there is more but, really, the two first points are more than enough reasons to put them above anything else
  • Jebiv
    5 posts Member
    Options
    Thanks Max. I'm heading in that direction now and it's good to know how useful these early efforts will be with future goals.

Quick Mods questions. 1. Does using Grandivory and hotutils constitute cheating and could result in a ban? Are these programs free? Worth it?
    2. Is it better to fill out several teams at the beginning or one good team and switch load outs based on activity needed. The early credit crunch seems to be the limiting factor here so I'm trying to prioritize and maximize my efforts.

• Schwartzring
    1524 posts Member
    Options
    1. I don't think either of those get you banned as I've heard of lots of folks using them.

2. Sooo, I didn't really cover this in my mods section, but I'll try to now.
    What you are looking for LONG term is mods for everyone that are at least OK.
    With some mods being AMAZING.
    Obviously the best mods (most speed, best primary/set combos) should be placed on your best teams.

Here is something I didn't mention because again, not sure how the Hyper Bundle sets you up.
    For those of us playing from L1 on, you had to grind nodes that gave 1*-4* mods that are "mostly" useless.
    But sometimes you'd get a 4* Gold/Purple mod & it had speed at L1 & when you leveled it it hit speed a couple times.
    So sure, its 4* but when you don't have 100% access to 5* mods, then a 4* w/ some speed works.

I "think" the Hyper bundle unlocks all the mod challenges?
    So I "think" your able to sim 5* mods from day one now.

With that in mind, your likely destroying any 1*-4* mods you get w/o leveling them.
    That said, since you have SO FEW mods right now, if you come across a lower one, I'd keep it & level it for now.

Examples of things to keep when you simply don't have enough mods yet.

ANY Set or ** of Arrow that has a SPEED Primary.
    ANY (None Defense) Set or ** of Triangle that has a CRIT DAMAGE Primary (With speed or not)
    ANY Set or ** of Cross that has a POTENCY/TENACITY Primary

Those Left Side mods (Square/Diamond/Circle) you'll likely want to trash any 1-4* Mods you get, as well as the Grey-5*s.
    But, if you happen across something like a 4*Offense Set Gold Mod w/ Secondaries that contain Speed, Raw Offense, Offense %, & Crit Chance, or some combo Speed & say 2 of the others, then heck, you might level it for now.

Will you still be using a few of those "well aligned but low speed" mods in 4 years, unlikely, but as important as speed is, so to is having mods w/ "Synergy" in them.

This means having Offense Sets that pick up Raw Offense or Offense %.
    Tenacity/Potency Sets that also have Tenacity/Potency secondaries (or better yet, Primaries on the Cross)

So, to take all that into your question.

The answer is don't waste tons of credits leveling useless mods but a few "less than perfect" ones are going to be needed in the short term to fill out at least 2 full teams.

When it comes to farming mods, go ahead & start simming the 5* challenges but know ahead of time that huge portions of those sims will just get sold at L1 or later at L3-12 by not rolling well.
    Don't take mods to L15 that don't have SOMETHING going for them.
    IE..
    Speed Primary
    Speed Secondary
    Aligned Primary/Set &/or Set/Secondaries, etc etc.

Hope that helps.
  • Schwartzring
    1524 posts Member
    Options
    MaxBane wrote: »
    - Early on Crystals should be used to refresh nodes and Capital Ship events. Don't waste them on shards or equipment.

- If you are going to spent money in this game, buy LS bundles with Bounty Hunters in it ASAP.

- There is a BH only monthly event, Credit Heist, that, as the name suggest, gives credits which is the first wall you'll face

1. I want to clarify what you mean by this first thing.
    Do you mean refreshing a node to hit a 5/limit Hard node multiple times a day?
    OR
    Do you mean refreshing your energy for more total sims?

Because I would NEVER refresh a Node if I couldn't first afford the 12 refreshes a day you get for the cheap price first.
    IE. 50 for Gold, Green, Blue, and 100 for Red.

Speed farming a character if you won't have the gear for him or aren't farming the whole team at the same time is a total waste of crystals.

2. The Finalizer bundle will be a huge help for him if it pops again this week, if not, when it next does.
    That bundle overlaps w/ Exec requirements a ton.

3. Technically CH is a "Scoundrel" event, so more than just BH work there.

• Schwartzring
    1524 posts Member
    edited May 2
    Options
    PS.

Speaking of the 12 refreshes you can do in a single day on the 4 energy types at the lowest value.

That comes to 750 Crystals spent a day. Most people can't afford that.

So MAKE THEM COUNT.

Each day of the week has some form of energy on special except Thursday/Saturay where its Challenges & PVP.
    However, "Most" guilds end up having guild turnover in the middle of the day & not at your "midnight" so you can actually do some form of energy even on Thurs/Sun during its "ON" time for Guild Token support.

For example.
    Saturday is PVP.
    Monday is Light Side (Gold)

But if your guild swaps over at 2PM for example.
    Then "Saturday" doesn't start till 2PM that day & goes till 2PM Sunday.
    So you can spend Gold/Dark on both Fri/Sat doing extra refreshes

With that in mind if you can't afford to be refreshing crystals for all 4 energy types 3x a day, then do what you can on the days its on special for extra guild tokens.
    This game is about efficiency, so every bit helps.

Lets say you can only afford 8 Cantina Refreshes each week.

2 Each on Sunday "Night", 2 Monday "Morning", then again on Tues "Night" & Wednesday "Morning" for ALL ENERGY day Tuesday is a solid option.
    Sure, you could do 1/day of the week but you'll be losing out on spending on the days it matters most.

Regular/Gold energy is on special for Light, Dark, All, & Hard days so its easy to check the Guild & time your sims.
    For Example:
    Monday Mornings, I do any Dark Nodes I have & bank most my gold for Monday Night when I blow all my refreshes on Light Node Characters &/or Kyro-ShockProds

When I refresh Mods its always on "All Energy" Day which is Tuesday (Night) into Wednesday (Morning)
    If I can do mods more than that, I will, but I always get my 3(6) refreshes in on Tues/Wed before doing mods any other day of the week.

Figure out how many crystals you make a day (week) and then you can figure out how many refreshes you can afford & make a schedule.
  • MaxBane
    14 posts Member
    Options
    1. I want to clarify what you mean by this first thing.
    Do you mean refreshing a node to hit a 5/limit Hard node multiple times a day?
    OR
    Do you mean refreshing your energy for more total sims?

Because I would NEVER refresh a Node if I couldn't first afford the 12 refreshes a day you get for the cheap price first.
    IE. 50 for Gold, Green, Blue, and 100 for Red.

You're right, I should have been more specific on this point: I mean the hard node refreshes.

Depending on his crystals income and his meta, refreshing a critical node even just one time (for 25 crystals) can be vital. The best example are, once again, Bossk/Hound's Tooth but they are not the only ones.

He purchased the HD bundle so he might need just one toon to put a specific team online, and equipment is not that much an issue early on, *if* you end up on an active guild.

Also, contrary to your opinion, I consider a waste of crystals, for a fresh player, doing three daily refreshes of green energy. Sure, mods are a critical aspect of the game but not crucial in the beginning and it won't help having hundreds of totally random mods sitting around without the credits to level them up or the toons to whom assign them. Shards, IMHO, are a more worthwhile investment.

A similar reasoning could be applied to the blue energy. Here I'm genuinely curious about your strategy. I might learn something. Because doing blue energy refreshes without hard node refreshes has no sense to me: it will literally takes months to get any ships to 7*. Really, you could end with Finalizer at 7* while having Tie Echelon still at 6*. IMHO, getting the ships you need to not fall behind in Fleet Arena has priority over crystals economy. after all the higher you sit the more crystals you'll get.

3. Technically CH is a "Scoundrel" event, so more than just BH work there.

Yes, you're right, totally forgot about that, anyway BH are a subset of Scoundrels.
  • Schwartzring
    1524 posts Member
    Options
    MaxBane wrote: »
    Depending on his crystals income and his meta, refreshing a critical node even just one time (for 25 crystals) can be vital.
    The best example are, once again, Bossk/Hound's Tooth but they are not the only ones.
    He purchased the HD bundle so he might need just one toon to put a specific team online,
    and equipment is not that much an issue early on, *if* you end up on an active guild.

Also, contrary to your opinion, I consider a waste of crystals, for a fresh player, doing three daily refreshes of green energy.
    Sure, mods are a critical aspect of the game but not crucial in the beginning and it won't help having hundreds of totally random mods sitting around without the credits to level them up or the toons to whom assign them. Shards, IMHO, are a more worthwhile investment.

A similar reasoning could be applied to the blue energy.
    Here I'm genuinely curious about your strategy.
    I might learn something. Because doing blue energy refreshes without hard node refreshes has no sense to me:
    it will literally takes months to get any ships to 7*.
    Really, you could end with Finalizer at 7* while having Tie Echelon still at 6*.
    IMHO, getting the ships you need to not fall behind in Fleet Arena has priority over crystals economy.
    after all the higher you sit the more crystals you'll get.

So I just went back to look at the HD-Bundle, because honestly, I never purchased it.
    I had been playing for 6 months when it came out & was already L85 w/ 90% of the bundle completed, Not worth $100 to me.

See my notes about "what you can afford" in regards to refreshing energy above.
    Something like Triple Mods/Fleet every day is fine if you can afford it, IE, your placing & making 800+ Crystals a day.
    Even I don't do it. But I wouldn't sacrifice a cantina refresh in order to do a Hard Node refresh.
    I do see what you mean about HT since its not actually in the HD-Bundle.
    That said, it IS included in the Finalizer bundle so not sure I'd speed farm it if I was going to buy that bundle in anywhere from 24 hours to 3+ months.
    OP has already complained about wasting $$/Crystals & not wanting to make any more mistakes. So my points are about "Efficiency" Not short term gains.

25 crystals doesn't seem like much, but, that is every day so 175/week, 700/month.
    Every month of it drops your farm time by a month.
    A 0-shard starting farm is 7 months long. Say you get HT to 7* at 4 months instead of 7.
    Is that going to remake the 2100 crystals you spent.
    And we are not comparing a 7* to unopened, at the rate you increase your likely comparing a single star of difference most of the time.
    IE. 100 shards 4* v/s 200 shards 5*, etc etc.
    I don't know where he is in his shards or crystal income but assuming its low, this isn't how I'd want to spend it.
    That said, as I mentioned above, HT for a HD bundle buyer W/O a Finalizer-LSB is at least something to consider, Good Point.

Fleet Refreshes: Fleet is still a solid source of G12 gear which behind Relic Mats (Sig Data), and Kyros, is your #3 Pinch Point in this game.
    Character shards have an end point, you'll hit 330 & be done, but gearing up is the eternal grind.

Mod Energy - See my notes about "leveling/Cleaning" mods.
    Despite the Credit Crunch from L40 to L85+12Months, you shouldn't be broke for Mod Credits, IF, IF, IF, your focusing on what is a good return.
    Like I mentioned above, as a 5-year player, I sell most the crap that shows up in a SIM before I even level it.
    1-4*, Sell, Grey-Left Side, Sell, Any Color RightSide & Not "Aligned" or showing Speed at L1 Sell.
    Its not worth my time to even go "fish" with those.
    Sell them, earn some credits, & work on leveling things that have a better shot at being a decent mod.
    Am I losing out on the chance that some Grey-Square "could" maybe Roll Speed at L12 & then "could" maybe stack as I blow through slicing mats... eh, maybe.
    But I'd rather save those slicer mats for slicing mods that started out as Blue & hit Speed an added time at L9/12 & are showing a 8+ already.
    FYI, For actual mod farming, my schedule is as follows.
    I farm slicer mats 5 days a week w/o any refreshes, then, on "All Energy Day", IE, Tuesday Night/Wednesday Morning, I drop 3 Refreshes each on a single Mod Set type that I need to improve.
    I then go in every weekend and Sell, Level, Slice, Sell, Level, etc etc to clean out my bank after 2 days of simming & any "event mods" that showed up.
    Its a bit OCD I know, but its how I balance Slicer Mats v/s Mods v/s Credits v/s Cleaning Time.

Question:
    How are you ending up with a 7* Finalizer while having a 6* Echelon?
    Are you blowing 1000's of crystals speed refreshing Finalizer in a matter of 1-2 months?
    I think that is the difference maybe. I never did that.
    Finalizer was not my "Fleet Arena" ship.
    I got my 20 shards/months & slow farmed it over like 1-2 years.
    The only "Speed Farms" I have done are the top 3 GL-Level ships & I didn't do those in 1 month.
    Like 4 for Exec, Profundity is still only 6* as I've never done more than 1-2/month, and Lev was my fastest at 2 months of time to hit 7*.
    I've been #1 consistently (never less than Top 20) for 5 years from the days of using Home-1 to now.
    If I was starting out today, sadly, I think I'd go for that GAS Bundle, its Pricy but a 7* Negotiator is no joke when no one in your shard has the GL ships yet.
    And that is such a LONG farm & the mats could be used for Malev & Kyro instead.

• MaxBane
    14 posts Member
    edited May 4
    Options
    I see your points and I can say that we are looking the game from two different point of view. The problem I see is that what you define "efficiency" is not sustainable nowadays. Perhaps it could have worked 5 years ago but now? With all those LS bundles flying around? For a fresh player the game is a race against time so "short term gains" (the right ones) is what will give you efficiency in the long term. We can argue on what is best to farm but speed (and by speed I mean getting there before others do) is the key factor.

You said that you would never do hard nodes farm before being able to do all energy refreshes, that's 750+ crystals a day. There is absolute no way that a F2P player will ever see that amount and, even if you buy those LS bundles you still need to carefully plan ahead or you will never see the top in fleet arena.

I have nothing to say against your mod slicing as it almost exactly what I'm doing right now, but a fresh player do not need to focus so deeply on mods slicing from day one. More than one daily refresh is just overkill.

I'll share with you my direct experience, to further clarify my point: like the OP I bought the HD bundle, so I skipped all the initial grind. While making my way on the top of Fleet Arena I hit the first HT wall. Realizing how strong that ship is, I started farming it. Thanks mainly to 7* Ashoka and 5* Bossk ships I managed to reach the top 5 in fleet arena. With Bossk at G12, when I hit the 7* (it took about 3 month of grind) I was consistently on the first place. Unfortunately, it lasted one week thanks to the Finalizer LS bundle showing up in the shop (didn't know something like that existed, sigh! And, of course, I purchased it). Anyway I lasted in the top 5* till I had to take break and now I'm still in the top 10. Did the speed farm payout anyway? Absolutely. Now in the top 10 there are only 7* star Home One with HT and Millennium Falcon but it won't last long. People are actively farming for Executor and Finalizer and with the Negotiator now around the corner things are going to change.

About the Finalizer, yes I'm actively saving crystals to do 2-3 refresh every time the event shows up and Tie Echelon is the only hard node in Fleet Battles I'm refreshing. The rest of the blue energy goes to mats nodes.

Hope this will give the OP enough insight as I am sure enough his meta isn't different from how it was mine.

• Jebiv
    5 posts Member
    Options
    Happy 4th! Haven't had much time to play today but I did pick up the LS bundles and I am realizing those things have saved me literally years of playing time. I appreciate that I still get to grind my EP, Han and CLS so it hasn't ruined the game for me not to mention finding the mods and equipment is still going to take awhile. But I'm happy I don't have to grind a whole team of Geos or Ewoks.

Thanks again for all the advice. The BH ships and Mods info has definitely helped me prioritize my gameplay.

• MaxBane
    14 posts Member
    edited May 5
    Options
    Great.

One more advice about Geos. They are a great team and people actively put them in defence and with that LS bundle you will find a lot more of them in your way. So be prepared to face swarms of them in Squad Arena, Grad Arena and Territorial Wars, because you will need at least one proper counter team.
    If you haven't already biught it, consider buying the Night Sister bundle, as they are a good counter to them.
    Other counters are CLS team; Sith Trio + Savage Oppress + Darth Talon; Palpitine Team; Jedi Knight Revan can work but requires to out speed the fastest Geos.