PC Closed Beta

MunkiesKomet
7 posts Member
edited May 7
Hi folks!

When registering to the closed beta I used the wrong email address (as you do), the access was granted but it's now linked to the wrong account.

I did open a ticket with EA and was chatting with one of their support guys...
...I guess you know the outcome since I am here.

Anyone with a similar issue?
Is the PC closed beta now gone forever for me?

@CG Folks
Is there any solution from you guys for the dummies who mistyped or used an incorrect email?

Replies

• Options
    For those interested. Transcript with names etc. removed

EA Support:
    Thank you for contacting EA HELP, my name is EA Support, may I start with your first name please?

ME: Hello, I am X.

EA Support: Hi X, nice to meet you. Hope you are doing well.

ME: I am good, hope you are fine too EA Support.
    I applied for the closed beta for SWGOH but used the wrong email. The access was granted but since I mixed up the emails it does not show up in my EA App. Is that something you can help with?
    (PC closed beta, that is.)

EA Support: Thank you so much for sharing your concern. If I understand it correctly, your concern is you are unable to login into your account . Am I correct?

ME: No.
    I applied for the SWGOH PC Closed Beta.
    but I used a wrong email address.
    so the game does not show up in my EA APP

EA Support: Thank you so much for the confirmation. I understand your concern. Please be assured that I will try my best to assist you with the same.
    Before we go ahead, may I please confirm your registered email address and EA ID linked with your EA account with which you need help?

ME: My correct email is: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    I guess the EA id is: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    the WRONG email I used is: XXXXXXXXXXX

EA Support: Thank you so much for the details.

I would like to inform you that I have check from my end and when I had no option for, I have checked with my extended sources however, I can really understand your concern, however as per the details that I have for this please register again as we do not have the utility to transfer the registration:
    https://www.ea.com/games/starwars/galaxy-of-heroes/beta#register

ME: That the ID is already registered with a different account/email is not a problem when I try to register again?

EA Support: I would like to inform you that is not possible, you are correct.

ME: OK - so how can that be solved/fixed?

EA Support: I would request you to please try again with the new ID.
    You just need to create with new ID there you will get an option for that.

ME: I only have one EA ID.

EA Support: Please create then another one.

ME: The progress in the game is linked to the player/ea id. If I create a new one all progress will be lost, no?

EA Support: I am checking this for you.

EA Support: So that is what I am trying to tell you the beginning that please try to create a new ID with other device if you will use the same device then old account will be overwrite

...and then I gave up and said thank you
  • Jml727
    120 posts Member
    Options
    After 2 days of going back and forth with them, I ended up just going back to the registration page and putting in my EA Connect email and my Player ID. When it first came out, I put in my facebook connect email, well that got removed so I didn't think anything of it until I got the email, downloaded the game and it just went in a never ending loop of trying to link with my mobile and never doing because it was registered for a different email.
  • Tsfletch
    217 posts Member
    Options
    Does anyone have any stories about how EA support did anything other than run them around in circles and continuously ask the same questions over and over? It’s my considered opinion that they are actually trained to get you to just give up rather than provide actual help.
  • Options
    I have also changed my EA app email, the game does not respond to it. At least google works reliably, but that doesn't help with the beta.
  • CG_Tusken_Meathead
    451 posts EA Community Manager
    Options
    If your your EA App Email is not the same as your Webstore Email, it will not work unfortunately.

The team is investigating a solution to this, but the timeline is TBD.
  • Options
    It is the same email, it works with the webstore. I just couldn't log in to a fresh installed game via EA Connect. But it worked with Google anyway. The forum also took a little longer to synchronize the new email. The force is not with me this time.All good :)
  • Jml727
    120 posts Member
    Options
    If your your EA App Email is not the same as your Webstore Email, it will not work unfortunately.

The team is investigating a solution to this, but the timeline is TBD.

If we tried again to register with the correct email, will that come through as a duplicate request and be ignored or pull the newest request and delete the prior request?
  • Saranay
    19 posts Member
    Options
    Hi folks!

When registering to the closed beta I used the wrong email address (as you do), the access was granted but it's now linked to the wrong account.

I did open a ticket with EA and was chatting with one of their support guys...
    ...I guess you know the outcome since I am here.

Anyone with a similar issue?
    Is the PC closed beta now gone forever for me?

@CG Folks
    Is there any solution from you guys for the dummies who mistyped or used an incorrect email?

Did they already share a solution for this?
  • CG_Tusken_Meathead
    451 posts EA Community Manager
    Options
    We're still investigating a solution for this.
  • Options
    During the registration I have used the wrong player id, as it was hard to tell whether a O was an actual capital ‘o’ or a zero 0. Anyway, my first registration was therefore invalid, I did re-register a few days later using the same email and the correct player id; what should I expect? Would the second registration overwrite the first?
  • CouchGuerilla
    18 posts Member
    edited May 31
    Options
    Hey, is there a command (advanced startup setting) that allows the PC Client to be started in a different language?
  • RTS
    684 posts Member
    Options
    We're still investigating a solution for this.

Psst, Mac client when?
  • Options
    Hey, is there a command (advanced startup setting) that allows the PC Client to be started in a different language?

you need to uninstall... and then on re-installation you can set prefered language
  • Saranay
    19 posts Member
    Options
    I dont mind waiting for the solution as long as my account is fine.
    The only problem I have now is that the webshop wont allow me to get the free daily energy pack :(
    Is this also something I will miss out on now until solved or has someone found a way to fix this part in the meantime?
    Thank you in advance :)
  • Options
    I had the same issue. Reached out to support on EA connect, and in-game and haven’t heard anything from anyone been .. in 10 days. The support is useless. The three times I have had to reach out, it was circles around circles , non- answers, luckily 2/3 was resolved by a lot of research. There is no way apparently for me to unlink my EA connect without support so I don’t expect much.
  • Options
    Please add the possibility to the PC-Client to log in with Google. My EA connection is also broken and the support can`t fix it.
  • Options
    A friend of mine was told today there is just "Nothing they can do" to get access to the EA App.

Because no one in the history of the world has ever had 2 email accounts before & there is just no way to fix that 1 of them is attached to Google/ITunes Store where the game was downloaded & the other was used to register for these forums.

Seriously? This is the kind of CS Support for a billion $$ company that we get?

I am absolutely boggled that they can't figure out the simple task of un-linking 1 email & making both of them the same for App Store & Forums (EA Connect).

I can't imagine what sort of deal of a Light Speed Bundle they would have to come up with to make me ever give them $$ again after hearing this.

What an Absolute Total Joke of a company.