5 Gungans for the Galactic Challenge - Really?

2Next

Replies

• TVF
    36742 posts Member
    Options
    StarSon wrote: »
    LastNeuron wrote: »
    LordDirt wrote: »
    giphy.gif

Yes first time, I don't remember a similar character wall (es. last one, Mandalorian, was only 4). Not fun at all, but more time for other games.

They did this for Inquisitors too.
    StewartH wrote: »
    Not surprising at all considering they have a GC Omi.

Doesn't this defeat the purpose of the Gungan Omi? If I could *theoretically* apply the Gungan omi and get red box using my 4 Gungans (because I dont have JarJar) it may be worth it. This effectively gates all but the highest spenders from even considering this Omi...which again defeats the purpose.

You cannot use the omicron to get this one without JarJar because you need 5 Gungans. So, LOL if anyone without JarJar applied the omicron.

That's what they get for doing something just for an orange role
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • cboath7
    467 posts Member
    Options
    JoryG87 wrote: »
    CG has to do something to reward the big spenders/ crystal savers who got JarJar early. Without some benefit, people won't spent and the game would die.

Even if you don't get the Gungan feat, you are still able to get a box with two omicrons, so I don't see a problem here.

Isn't the reward that they can have stuff tons faster than everyone else by spending obscene amounts of money on a mobile game? That's supposed to the reward - literally, pay to get what you want. You think anyone spending to get their gungans to r7 and then i'm sure getting their jar jar that high as well are going to say "What? no execlusive GC? i'm gonna pass on this..."? Please.

With stuff like this, though, i'm expecting i'll be able to hold back in the next conquest (june-august) as i see points for gungans, jar jar, obi, and the queen being required to the tune of 'not getting red box without them'. And having the queen and a G3 obi likely isn't going to cut it.
  • cboath7
    467 posts Member
    Options
    rickertron wrote: »
    Geoghs wrote: »
    PtmLords wrote: »
    I just started spending money on the game again but this really discourages me now.

Why? I never understand how people expect to be able to do everything in this game the second it drops.

The other events are generally doable with farmable teams. You may choose not to farm those teams instead of others but you can usually get the penultimate box. The final box usually needs R3 (ish).

This event is gated behind R5 toons that aren't farmable and, if past experience is any guide, this will run alternate weeks for the next couple of months.

Thus means a big drop in gear income, so it's people getting upset about "lost" gear, unless you are willing to whale big time.

I spend on the game and am happy to do so for the enjoyment I get, but my spending, which would be considered large by some, is a rounding error for the true whales.

Out of the hundreds of thousands (millions?) of players, only 3k will not be taking a big hit in gear income for the next few months. That's what has got people upset.

Why even have challenges or any event if the expectation is that one is entitled to max gear all the time, just give us the stuff already? Furthermore, its hardly a hit to anyone's gear income. Missing a few GC red crates in negligible in the long run and barely noticeable in the short run.

That is such a massively false narrative.

There is no expectation people should get top rewards for everything. The expectation is you are not shut out from trying because you don't wanna spend a few hundred bucks on content for a phone game. I've said it before, triple A games are had for $60 bucks day one. Yet, for a character here, it's supposedly a fair expectation to shell out hundreds.

There are plenty of toons released on a regular basis that that overwhelming vast majority of people don't have completed and may never complete as this is a 'choose what you want' type thing. It's one thing if a few months after the inquisitors are released (for example) there is a new event that requires them, and I simply chose not to pursue them at that time. So be it. It's on me. If people simply aren't loaded to point they can burn a few hundred bucks at the drop of a hat, it shouldn't be a penalty. If you want to give new content to new toons, that's fine, but there really should be some time with them being node farmable so people have a chance. It doesn't even have to be a big chance, but a chance nonetheless.

You have imbalance issues when you opt for pay to win in your game. But, adding stuff like that is just rubbing salt in the wound so to speak. Of all the people without jar jar, again, the overwhelming number of those without him isn't because they said 'naw, no interested in this character', it's they don't have hat much money to waste on it. Literally, it's a 'can't afford it'. Posts like this make it out as everyone has the same chance to spend tons of money to have stuff day 1. That's totally wrong and completely unfair. Those who can afford it don't need rewards because being able to afford it and further separate yourself from the pack IS the reward.

• herd_nerfer
    2066 posts Member
    Options
    cboath7 wrote: »
    rickertron wrote: »
    PtmLords wrote: »
    I just started spending money on the game again but this really discourages me now.

Why? I never understand how people expect to be able to do everything in this game the second it drops.

The other events are generally doable with farmable teams. You may choose not to farm those teams instead of others but you can usually get the penultimate box. The final box usually needs R3 (ish).

This event is gated behind R5 toons that aren't farmable and, if past experience is any guide, this will run alternate weeks for the next couple of months.

Thus means a big drop in gear income, so it's people getting upset about "lost" gear, unless you are willing to whale big time.

I spend on the game and am happy to do so for the enjoyment I get, but my spending, which would be considered large by some, is a rounding error for the true whales.

Out of the hundreds of thousands (millions?) of players, only 3k will not be taking a big hit in gear income for the next few months. That's what has got people upset.

Why even have challenges or any event if the expectation is that one is entitled to max gear all the time, just give us the stuff already? Furthermore, its hardly a hit to anyone's gear income. Missing a few GC red crates in negligible in the long run and barely noticeable in the short run.

That is such a massively false narrative.

There is no expectation people should get top rewards for everything. The expectation is you are not shut out from trying because you don't wanna spend a few hundred bucks on content for a phone game. I've said it before, triple A games are had for $60 bucks day one. Yet, for a character here, it's supposedly a fair expectation to shell out hundreds.

There are plenty of toons released on a regular basis that that overwhelming vast majority of people don't have completed and may never complete as this is a 'choose what you want' type thing. It's one thing if a few months after the inquisitors are released (for example) there is a new event that requires them, and I simply chose not to pursue them at that time. So be it. It's on me. If people simply aren't loaded to point they can burn a few hundred bucks at the drop of a hat, it shouldn't be a penalty. If you want to give new content to new toons, that's fine, but there really should be some time with them being node farmable so people have a chance. It doesn't even have to be a big chance, but a chance nonetheless.

You have imbalance issues when you opt for pay to win in your game. But, adding stuff like that is just rubbing salt in the wound so to speak. Of all the people without jar jar, again, the overwhelming number of those without him isn't because they said 'naw, no interested in this character', it's they don't have hat much money to waste on it. Literally, it's a 'can't afford it'. Posts like this make it out as everyone has the same chance to spend tons of money to have stuff day 1. That's totally wrong and completely unfair. Those who can afford it don't need rewards because being able to afford it and further separate yourself from the pack IS the reward.

You're not shut out of this GC for not having Gungans. You're only shut out of the top two reward boxes. The T8 box still gets you the two omicrons. What exactly is it that you think you're missing out on?

To reiterate - I'm not crazy about this - but no one is being shut out of any content here.
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • Options
    I wonder how many people upset by this were around in the olden days of SA. Overnight, you could got from 500 crystals/day to desperately scrambling for a soft counter to keep even half your income for the next 3ish months because someone spent WAY less than it would currently take to get Crate 10 over Crate 8 at most 6-8 times.
  • crzydroid
    7371 posts Moderator
    Options
    I wonder how many people upset by this were around in the olden days of SA. Overnight, you could got from 500 crystals/day to desperately scrambling for a soft counter to keep even half your income for the next 3ish months because someone spent WAY less than it would currently take to get Crate 10 over Crate 8 at most 6-8 times.

I don't miss squad arena. Even if you had the meta and were on the server, it was a nightmare having to wait for people with your PO to get out of the way or else try and figure some way around and then have someone else take your target anyway. Complete headache.
  • Options
    giphy.gif

Clearly these people don’t remember the BAM GC days 😂
  • Starslayer
    2421 posts Member
    Options
    Could you please quantify this ‘big drop’ ? I don’t see it.
  • LordDirt
    5122 posts Member
    Options
    You all cool with Jawas? Get your red crate? B)
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • StarSon
    7505 posts Member
    Options

Love it. My low-ish gear Jawas did just fine. And I saw plenty of lower gear ones get red crate too.
  • herd_nerfer
    2066 posts Member
    Options

got mine with these:
    iwg85xa1k8co.png

F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • Options

Not many, as 500 crystals per day in SA was earned by an infinitesimally small percentage of the player base.