Returning player - any catch-up strategies possible?

Hanso_Jett
1 posts Member
edited May 12
I played daily for several years a few years ago. Mostly F2P, but I have dropped several hundred dollars on this account over the years, picking up random packs in a very non-strategic way.
My character/ship acquisition and upgrade path didn't really follow any plan at all, and I went broad across many teams (gotta get 'em all!) instead of deep into any one team.
Now of course, I can't really win at anything, and even new characters are way out of reach, when they need 4 or 5 secondary or tertiary characters at Relic 5 or higher, and my top team of primary characters is just hitting that level now.
I get that the game developers can't just let some new player be competitive with a player that has played daily since game inception, but I strongly feel that the pairing algorithm for all PVP matches could be fine tuned such that players in similar situations to myself could still stand some chance at winning.
That or offer a fully loaded Relic X team as a pay-to-unlock pack so that we can at least choose to buy it in order to be somewhat useful in a guild. I keep getting kicked out of guilds because I try to help, get frustrated that I can't, and stop playing regularly.
Do I stick with this account, or start over from scratch? Any and all suggestions welcome!

-HJ
https://swgoh.gg/p/354651779/

Replies

• LordDirt
    5149 posts Member
    Options
    Buy all the LSB when they are available.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?