Grand Arena Rankins

Hi, I am not clear why do we have such weak players at the top of the global leaderboard! People with small accounts and no GLs - I understand that they have gotten there by mistake, but why is it not taken care of?

Replies

• Options
    People were/are being promoted from aurodium to the top of kyber 1 because they don't know how to code correctly, they probably haven't fixed it because they don't know how
  • Wed_Santa
    1022 posts Member
    Options
    It’s not really that mysterious. My take is - The old system had divisional scores rather than a continuous ladder. The newer system was then tweaked - and that seems to have taken out the facility to recognise and reset an ‘old’ score. If you haven’t played for a minute and still have your old score then the new system chucks you up the top of the ladder. Which is quite a ride for all involved
  • Options
    Screwups and bugs are happening. Why there is no recognition or acknowledgment and timeline to fix? Howcome this is not a critical issue?
  • Wed_Santa
    1022 posts Member
    Options
    They’ll get to it…
    ffvlerlgtlc5.jpeg
  • Morgoth01
    516 posts Member
    Options
    Plageus wrote: »
    Screwups and bugs are happening. Why there is no recognition or acknowledgment and timeline to fix? Howcome this is not a critical issue?

Likely because the problem is self correcting over time, deemed limited in nature by CG and possibly more complex to solve than we think.
    I would imagine there is some hesitation to doing a manual SR adjustment, both as it's probably not something the system is designed for and since it would open up another can of worms regarding who should be adjusted by how much.

I have no idea how frequent new GAC players end up with max SR, but CG probably have some way of checking to what extent this is ongoing or time limited and thus how much effort they should put into fixing this vs. actually developing the game and fixing higher priority bugs.
  • Options
    Well it has been going on forever. People who don’t join GAC are not squished - their ranking stays. It only gets squashed if they join after not playing. Total ****.
    Same people are at the top for so long.
  • Options
    Is there a way to actually get someone from CG like Meathead to acknowledge and address it?
  • Hortus
    650 posts Member
    Options
    It's known issue and I'm pretty sure that there was the comment "we are looking into this" from CG... few months ago.
  • Screerider
    1441 posts Member
    Options
    How is it impacting you?
  • Options
    Morgoth01 wrote: »

Likely because the problem is self correcting over time, deemed limited in nature by CG and possibly more complex to solve than we think.
    I would imagine there is some hesitation to doing a manual SR adjustment, both as it's probably not something the system is designed for and since it would open up another can of worms regarding who should be adjusted by how much.

I have no idea how frequent new GAC players end up with max SR, but CG probably have some way of checking to what extent this is ongoing or time limited and thus how much effort they should put into fixing this vs. actually developing the game and fixing higher priority bugs.

It isn't really self correcting though, there are so many Aurodium accounts up there that they play each other so its not the "they will lose every match" that would be expected.
  • Options
    @CG_Tusken_Meathead any light your could shed on this? Still an issue.
  • Options
    Morgoth01 wrote: »

It isn't really self correcting though, there are so many Aurodium accounts up there that they play each other so its not the "they will lose every match" that would be expected.

Also, the number of smurf accounts in the top 50 has been growing not shrinking, so it is most definitely not self correcting.
  • Marph
    2 posts Member
    Options
    This is for like 3 months now? There are ppl that play this game only because of Gac.But when the game sucks so much is getting frustrated to the maxim...In K2 i get matched with accounts that are bigger then mine with 1.5, 2 mil GP.Is this how this game matchmaking supouse to be? **** is going on Cg.There is no fun when your oponent is having a much bigger roaster.FIX YOUR GAME ALLREADY !!!!In kyber 1,there are like first 20 places are with aurondium accounts !!!!There are no wonders why Kyber 2 and 3 are full of 9.5 milion GP accounts.This must to be stopped now CG!!!!!
  • Options
    Likely it is a complex issue, because winning matches is supposed to elevate your skill rating, but if you win by default or get matched around weaker players than you, it is easier to win and your skill rating increases, sending you to higher tiers, and then they can just not play and reap the rewards
  • Options
    Likely it is a complex issue, because winning matches is supposed to elevate your skill rating, but if you win by default or get matched around weaker players than you, it is easier to win and your skill rating increases, sending you to higher tiers, and then they can just not play and reap the rewards

I don’t know though