Event Legacy Tiers Portrait Issue

For any new players of the game that complete legacy tiers for individual events when they level up their characters to 5 stars and higher, why isn't the game awarding the portrait other than the title? If we weren't there for the first run of when the event started why are you limiting new players from receiving the portrait. I completed the legacy tier for Cal Kestis in Stories of Survival and only received the title but in the game, it says you can receive the portrait for completing the same legacy tier.

Replies

• crzydroid
    7358 posts Moderator
    Options
    The sad, but simple, explanation is that the portraits are incentives/rewards for people to spend during the first run of a marquee.
  • obiwans
    2 posts Member
    edited May 14
    Options
    there's at least 35 characters portraits that show up in the profile section that cannot be unlocked by new players other than this. why is iden versio the only character's portrait that can be achieved if you complete the legacy tier regardless if the event is first run or re-run. these characters aren't easy to level up and get stars for either.
  • crzydroid
    7358 posts Moderator
    Options
    There are some portraits and titles that could only be unlocked through a feat in GAC. Now the format of GAC is different and doesn't have feats. It would be cool if some of these things could be obtained other ways, but so far CG has not announced anything to this effect.
  • Options
    The format should be changed because it's not possible to obtain any portraits or titles during first-run events. I tried to complete the Padawan Obi-Wan event recently and only got up to tier 3 because the shipments the game gave me only awarded me 7 shards each time and the event gives you 5 shards daily (you have to wait 22hr) after. The event didn't run for that long to even get him promoted to five stars to complete the next tier.

I'm just confused about the Cal Kestis portrait not being awarded to me when the EA support in the game promised me it and now I'm being told I cannot receive it because I was not playing the event when it first ran which was last year? I attached screenshots but the three different people that responded to me on there promised me it and now I'm being told I can't receive it.riesaroys7mw.jpg
    2jgogc2ahtek.jpg
    8xub1payxr05.jpg
  • crzydroid
    7358 posts Moderator
    Options
    Unfortunately, that's the general EA support, and they don't really know anything about the game. They can probably help with purchase issues, and are probably good for answering easy FAQs that they can look up on their computer. Responses on here and the Answers HQ swgoh section, as well as on the swgoh subreddit, are generally going to be more knowledgeable.

The potrait wasn't available this last time the event ran, because as it says in the description it's only available during the first run. This last time it was run was for people who missed it the first time to get some extra free shards for these characters (even though they are all already farmable and even accelerated). It's a nice little thing to help new players because marquees returning like this is only a *somewhat* recent event. Historically, marquees were always one-and-done. But this seems to have changed now, with several of these events having returned.

But you can't get the portrait. Those are incentives to get people to spend the first time it comes around. Or perhaps you can view it as an extra reward for people who are spending anywat. Because to answer your question of how to get the character to 7 stars while the event is going on for the first run, unless you get a really lucky pull on one of the packs, you would need to open dozens of the packs to get enough shards. That kind of crystal expenditure usually only comes from buying the crystals, as relatively few free-to-play hoard crystals in those amounts.

On a repeat run of the event, too many people would have or could get the character to 7 stars, as they have easily been farmable for some time. CG have decided, for their own reasons, that portraits aren't things that are available to all players. They're a fun add-on that some people enjoy, and aren't really seen as the main point of the game. The characters themselves? Yes, every player will have the opportunity to collect any given unit they want, given enough time. Portraits just aren't held in the same light. Again, there are some you can't get without outright spending, such as the ones included with the Conquest Pass. That's just the way they're set up.