Arena - You failed CG

Lads please explain to me how non GL - specifically Darth Bane and Sith trooper kills GL's without breaking up a sweat? I know - nobody cares about arena, as there's no rewards and stuff for it, but... either they released completely unbalanced character, that single-handedly with one AOE, can bring GL team to their red bars, or they over-nerfed 'older' GL's so bad, that they're like regular characters now? Either way this is seriously bad and show how much you care for people that spent year (as F2P) trying to get characters, that are useless, because you care only about Kenobi, and some galactic conquest lad, that can just deny any fair fight with one push of that AOE button.. Right.

Replies

• Options
    StaHoo1001 wrote: »
    Lads please explain to me how non GL - specifically Darth Bane and Sith trooper kills GL's without breaking up a sweat? I know - nobody cares about arena, as there's no rewards and stuff for it, but... either they released completely unbalanced character, that single-handedly with one AOE, can bring GL team to their red bars, or they over-nerfed 'older' GL's so bad, that they're like regular characters now? Either way this is seriously bad and show how much you care for people that spent year (as F2P) trying to get characters, that are useless, because you care only about Kenobi, and some galactic conquest lad, that can just deny any fair fight with one push of that AOE button.. Right.

Bane is super powerful at the moment with his Datacron and even more so in GAC. The unique parts of his kit are what make him powerful and tbh i think you are in the minority for disliking Bane. Bane is a conquest Character and conquest characters are usually quite powerful, more so that marque's and sometimes even legendary ones.
    There is also natural progression with the game, getting a GL is a lot of time and effort, and can be a pain especially if the requirements aint exactly useful, but as the game moves on in time they need to bring out new characters to add new dynamics and counters. this has been the case for years. I've played the game since 2016 and i will always remember the JKR and DR meta for a long time, or the chirrut/baze meta, or the Darth Nihlus meta, now all these teams are easily beatable without GLs. When he was first relearsd, Jabba was a real struggle to beat, same with leia and now there are non GL counters to them. GL's are supposed to be powerful characters that can bolster your roster, but they should not be unbeatable, otherwise no one would ever take the GLs off defence.

If you look at other GLs that have a number of off-meta counters.
    SEE - GG can deal with him under certain conditions, Darth Sidious (with Datacron) + others
    Jabba - Aphra, NS (with Merrin), Sith trio (allows for an easy 2 shot)
    Rey - Cere Junda + Malicos, Emperor Palp + MJ +SK, GAS (no so much anymore, but was possible a long time ago)
    Lord Vader - Fennec + BAM + BH, Bo-Katan Mandalore, others can be used as an easy clean up like Imp Troopers
    Leia - Reva, GG + Stap (datacron)
    SLKR -
    Master Luke - Reva, pretty sure GG was able to at some point, CLS as well at some point
    Kenobi - Bo-Katan Mandalore, Reva, Kelleran Bek (datacron), resistance + zorii, Aurra Sing (in order to 2 shot him)

I do sympathise with you as i previously said, GLs are a big investment and can be frustrating to have them beaten by a non gl team, but it works both ways, if you have those toons that can beat GLs you also have and advantage against other players.