What Would You Do?

evanbio
1505 posts Member
So, one of my first posts here. Just curious what yall would do in my shoes. I'm a F2P player, and really just enjoy the game. Looking to remain competitive, but no dreams of being ranked 1 or anything. What does competitive mean to me? Being able to finish GW regularly, and staying ranked high enough in Arena to obtain 400+ arena points every day. To be honest, I'm here currently, but curious what directions I should be looking to head in. Below is my current roster. I'm simplifying things a bit here. My current level is 64.

Current team (all L64, 5*, Purple gear):
Sid (earning shards through arena), Lumi (curently collecting GW shards), JC, Talia (not really happy with her), RP (A charachter I don't see mentioned once, but I'm enjoying).

Remaining Roster:
IG-86 - L61, 4*, blue
QGJ - 64, 4*, Blue (farming his shipments)
Phasma - 64, 4*, blue (Sub her for Leader if Sid falls)
Darth Maul - 61, 4*, blue
RG - 64, 3*, blue (farming shipments)
Biggs - 52, 4*, blue
Chewie - 50, 4*, blue
ST Han - 46, 4*, blue
Poe - 64, 3*, green (building him up to lead LS team)
Jawa - 48, 3*, green
Savage - 41, 3*, green (on back burner to replace Maul since farming is easier)
Aayla - 46, 3*, green (only building for future Yoda events)
Clone Sarge - 42, 2*, green
NSI - 43, 1*, green (have considered building her for a crit team)
IG-100 - 43, 2*, no color (equipping for Tank challenge)
Greedo - 24, 2*, green (mistake....)
Ewok Scout - 10, 1*, green
Snowtrooper - 21, 1*, no color
Magmatrooper - 1, 1*, no color
Ewok Elder - 1, 2*, no color

I think one of the reasons I enjoy RP is the damage output. I farmed him after discovering he has the highest basic attack damage in the game, and that he's easily farmable. So I'm thinking I'd like to have a fast, high damage team. RP seems to work well with Sid as lead since he gains TM whenever he scores a crit (or evades, which he can do with Foresight).

I also enjoy the "assist" option. It's why I sometimes swap out Phasma, and am building QGJ (I know GS is good, but I hate the genosian characters for some reason). I was building Biggs and 86 for that as well, but Biggs doesn't have much damage and 86 seems a bit frail.

THe last bit of info is that I have not completed all the "missions" yet. I'm around level 6 there as I started farming things.

SO, what characters should I continue to build? Is there anyone I have been building that I should stop? Anyone that would work well for high damage/fast build that I don't have? And finally, is it better to continue to farm with my energy, or work to complete the missions first?

Thanks for any input.

Replies

• Hbk146
    215 posts Member
    Concentrate getting 5 guys to 7*. Do lumi before rp because of gw. She is vital for that. Jc is pointles in late game i wouldnt bother with him. Continue on sid lumi qgj gs(dont if he will be as good after update though). After lumi is complete your rp and you got a decent pvp team
  • JC is meh but very useful if you want to go after Yoda at some point. Talia is very useful in GW and dark side missions. She gets pretty beefy in the health department and does some hurt. Don't give up on her too soon. I think you might want to farm Barriss Offee to at least 5 stars to make GW really easy, more if Yoda seems tantalizing.

Biggs is not very good. Stop wasting resources on him.

Beyond that, I have to refrain from further comment since there is a big update coming soon. Otherwise, it would be too much speculation. I will tell you that 86 is a tough one to use but also to fight. He currently needs the right composition but he hits harder than RP does.

I hope this helps. I'd suggest working on 10 characters, 5 light and 5 dark. Your arena team will come from them and get top priority. Anything beyond that 10 is a C team in GW.
    ☮ Consular ☮ Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view. -Ben Kenobi
  • BenjiFett
    70 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    If I were you I'd go all in on RG. Farm his face off. He's spectacular in both GW and Arena, and will in all likelihood still be a beast after the update.
    Other targets = Han, Phasma, Daka, Dooku, GS, Barriss for GW, finish Lumi
  • RG's purpose is to protect glass cannons enough to get them some turns. The new protection stat might just negate the need for him. Seriously, wait and see what happens first before farming his face off. Right now, Lumi and Barriss are the biggest targets for where he is until the update happens, at least.
    ☮ Consular ☮ Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view. -Ben Kenobi
  • JC is very useful for GWs IMO. He's a staple of my team because once fully upgraded he has such a short cooldown on his heal with a chance to heal every other turn on normal attack hit. Don't discount him. I run a three healer setup for GWs and just focus on making sure I kill Sid first when he shows up. It allows me almost always to leave each stage completely healed with at least one healer off cooldown. I don't normally need to alter my set up until the last three nodes that generally have better comps with better gear.

• FTP with Maul and Aayla?
  • could get them out of chromium
  • I'd wait for the update if I'm honest! Things will likely change a lot.
    If you like assists then you could do worse than
    Phasma (L) - GW
    QGJ - cantina shipments
    RP - GW
    IG-86 - cantina battles
    ST Han - arena
  • evanbio
    1505 posts Member
    chuckwing wrote: »
    FTP with Maul and Aayla?

I saved my chrystals and bought a set of cards that guaranteed a character. I did that twice. Ended up getting Maul and Aayla, along with a couple other characters as well in 2 pulls. Probably used all my luck there. Since then, I've used my crystals on the training droids trying to bring up some of the other characters.