A Plea to CG: add the Eternal Empire

icicle
3 posts Member
edited May 30
I'm a huge fan of the Eternal Empire. I think they're sick. So I'm here to make a to-the-point pitch to get the following characters added to the game:

Why?
  1. Interesting visual design
    Valkorion and Arcann in particular have, dare I say, iconic looks. There's a lot of possibility for cool animations and visual design by the SWGOH devs.
    ba74c5599760b847fe370ff904f0d7e2.jpg
  2. Force users
    I have to imagine that the average player prefers to collect characters with lightsabers and cool Force powers than not. This is a clear plus for Valkorion & family since they demonstrate loads of interesting and unique abilities in SWTOR that could potentially set them apart from other Force users in SWGOH.
  3. Clean squad of 5
    The fact that there are 5 of them is practically begging to be made into a SWGOH team.
  4. Many fans are familiar with them
    The Knights of the Fallen Empire "Sacrifice" Trailer (link) has 18.4 million views, nearly 2.5x the second-highest-viewed video on the official SWTOR YouTube channel, and comparable to official trailers on the main Star Wars YouTube channel.
    maxresdefault.jpg
  5. EA has financial incentive to add them
    Like Iden Version, Darth Malgus, and others, EA has an incentive to add characters which lead players toward trying other Star Wars titles the company has developed, such as SWTOR.
  6. Could coincide with Knights of the Fallen Empire's 10th anniversary
    The 10th anniversary for the expansion that debuted these characters would be on October 27, 2025. A far-off date like that allows for plenty of time to run the concepts by LucasFilm Games and serves as another justification for their inclusion into SWGOH.
    qim226gn4il6.png
  7. Opportunity to add a slew of other Eternal Empire characters
    e.g. Skytroopers, Knights of Zakuul, Horizon Guards, Scions, Nathema Zealots, GEMINI droids, etc. The dev team has far more creative freedom over generic characters like these, which could bolster/supplement an Eternal Empire tag.
    main-qimg-ad6c6563caa663f06a9288fb7646e83e-lq
  8. Opportunity for foil characters in the Eternal Alliance + other SWTOR characters
    e.g. Meetra Surik, Satele Shan, Darth Marr, Lana Beniko, Theron Shan, Koth Vortena, and so, so many others
  9. Clear fit for the game
    As a squad-battling and character-collection game, SWGOH is exactly the kind of game that Valkorion & family belong in. What I mean is that even though they might not be as instantly recognizable to the average fan as, say, Shmi Skywalker, they are far better fits for the game because they are explicitly depicted as powerful characters with a range of different combat abilities.

It's not lost on me that the two expansions to SWTOR featuring these characters were met with some disdain. Ultimately, I believe the issues people had with the characters' stories and implementation into SWTOR is secondary to their designs as characters when the topic of discussion is about whether to include them in SWGOH. At the end of the day, these are just really cool characters with a massive amount of importance to a massively influential Star Wars title, and I think that should be enough to earn them a spot in SWGOH.

There's no shortage of incredible characters yet to be added to Galaxy of Heroes. I fully expect the High Republic era to have a fleshed-out roster before anything from the Eternal Empire, for instance. And I've no doubt that there are plenty of other deserving characters in the pipeline, too. I just hope that the Eternal Empire has a spot in SWGOH's future.

Listen CG, just think about it, okay? Please? I know you need LucasFilm's permission, so make them see the light!! Thanks for taking the time to read.
stormtrooper_thumbs_up_by_clonetalk_dg0kob1-fullview.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9MTA3NyIsInBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzRkNmRiMWUxLTdkYTEtNGU2ZC04OGE4LTZhNjUzZGY2NzliNFwvZGcwa29iMS1hZjcwMzc5NC0yOGM3LTRiMWQtOTgzOC1hYmJmNDRkNDE2YjQucG5nIiwid2lkdGgiOiI8PTE5MjAifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6aW1hZ2Uub3BlcmF0aW9ucyJdfQ.ly_PbAsw7cQ1KeP6ALe19xIllPkZQkqwb6h43nKTUus
Post edited by icicle on

Replies

• Options
    Made an account just to say please no, that storyline was trash lol
  • icicle
    3 posts Member
    Options
    Thalamus22 wrote: »

Okay. Like I said, I think that the storyline is secondary to their character designs, which are pretty cool and would fit SWGOH perfectly.
  • Options

Regardless of storyline, I'm open to seeing characters from the the swtor expansions to appear in the game.
  • Options

Regardless of storyline, I'm open to seeing characters from the the swtor expansions to appear in the game.

Um but why? We dont have lots of way more important characters

• DarthDarknut
    80 posts Member
    edited June 8
    Options

Because why not? SWGOH's premise doesn't negate any character from the Star Wars universe from being considered, Legends or Canon.
  • Options
    Most people would agree with me LOL
  • TVF
    36860 posts Member
    Options

I don't and I don't even know what your position is.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    I don’t understand why this has been turned into a one-man battleground when I tried to word my initial post as diplomatically as possible.
  • Options
    icicle wrote: »
    I don’t understand why this has been turned into a one-man battleground when I tried to word my initial post as diplomatically as possible.

I wouldn't over think it. People are going to have their opinions.
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • TVF
    36860 posts Member
    Options
    icicle wrote: »

The internet has a habit of doing this, regardless of topic or position on said position.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options

I am most people and I don't agree with you.