TWs need to be revamped

Dear CG,

Please revamp the TWs.
At the moment, this game mode is frustrating and the worst game mode of the entire game.

Why?
End game guilds only need to sandbag a little to be matched against weaker guilds and then it's just a walk in the park to them.
This seems to be happening more and more frequently and it's unfair for the weaker guilds.

Also, TWs need players to be available around the same time. One player availability is different to other's if they are on a global guild.

If you want/need some ideas I have a couple of them to share with you, just reach out and I will give them to you for free.

Cheers.

Replies

• Joebo720
    656 posts Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, CG doesn't care.
  • Screerider
    1501 posts Member
    Options
    Sounds like the weaker guilds need to sandbag in order to face even weaker guilds.

And if everybody sandbags, nobody is.
  • TVF
    36859 posts Member
    Options
    Screerider wrote: »
    Sounds like the weaker guilds need to sandbag in order to face even weaker guilds.

And if everybody sandbags, nobody is.

The bottom guild isn't.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Screerider
    1501 posts Member
    Options
    Something tells me the bottom guild has plenty of other problems.
  • IcarusSunwalker
    161 posts Member
    edited June 5
    Options

When the bottom guild manages to get 50 people to sign up but still every zone only wants 39 Squads, is it the bottom guild's fault that they are faced against a guild that only misses 3 GLs?
    Something tells me you didn't understood the point or you are on one of those guilds that sandbag a bit.
    Post edited by IcarusSunwalker on
  • Options
    They just need to make the whole guild auto-join TW and then match by the guild GP. That way sandbagging will be impossible, and matches will very likely be fair most of the time. If some auto-join people can't participate, it's on them. But every guild will have the same conditions, so it's not like one will always be at a disadvantage. Both guilds will very likely have vacancies so it should even out. Imo that's the simplest solution for this problem; very easy to implement, and will make the game more fair for 99% of the player base.
  • tile
    53 posts Member
    edited June 5
    Options
    They just need to make the whole guild auto-join TW and then match by the guild GP. That way sandbagging will be impossible, and matches will very likely be fair most of the time. If some auto-join people can't participate, it's on them. But every guild will have the same conditions, so it's not like one will always be at a disadvantage. Both guilds will very likely have vacancies so it should even out. Imo that's the simplest solution for this problem; very easy to implement, and will make the game more fair for 99% of the player base.

the widespread purposeful sandbagging of guilds to win TWs is a myth. TW is just a poorly thought out poorly implemented game mode and it flat out sucks and some people dont like it and dont play. a vast majority of guilds are TW optional. making tw auto join doesnt solve anything.
  • nottenst
    735 posts Member
    Options
    Dear CG,

End game guilds only need to sandbag a little to be matched against weaker guilds and then it's just a walk in the park to them.

The current match-making algorithm doesn't care about active GP. Sandbagging is not needed.

We just got matched against a guild that had gone 23W - 3L over the last 6 months. Their record should be evidence enough that the matchmaking does not work ideally.
  • Screerider
    1501 posts Member
    Options

When the bottom guild manages to get 50 people to sign up but still every zone only wants 39 Squads, is it the bottom guild's fault that they are faced against a guild that only misses 3 GLs?
    Something tells me you didn't understood the point or you are on one of those guilds that sandbag a bit.
    Okay. What guild is the bottom guild? We should reach out to them and support their endeavors.

• Options
    tile wrote: »

the widespread purposeful sandbagging of guilds to win TWs is a myth. TW is just a poorly thought out poorly implemented game mode and it flat out sucks and some people dont like it and dont play. a vast majority of guilds are TW optional. making tw auto join doesnt solve anything.

Totally correct many don’t like the TW and Datacrons haven’t help with that. We don’t make it a compulsory event for that and really are the rewards that great anyway. Not a big enough difference between first place and second place rewards. Losing isn’t that big of a deal.
  • begem_ua
    39 posts Member
    edited June 5
    Options
    win is a win... who cares after... gitgud or die trying
  • begem_ua
    39 posts Member
    Options
    being serious, thanks for the match. it was exciting tosome point
    Dear CG,

Please revamp the TWs.
    At the moment, this game mode is frustrating and the worst game mode of the entire game.

Why?
    This seems to be happening more and more frequently and it's unfair for the weaker guilds.

Also, TWs need players to be available around the same time. One player availability is different to other's if they are on a global guild.

If you want/need some ideas I have a couple of them to share with you, just reach out and I will give them to you for free.

Cheers.

• scuba
    14246 posts Member
    Options
    tile wrote: »

Actually I think it would be great to set it to auto join, than more guilds will just start set enough defense to get rewards and ignore attack phase
  • Options
    I really wouldn’t want auto-join (and deliberate sandbagging is a myth) as IRL commitments could make that a nightmare. Instead creating more brackets higher up with decent rewards (omis maybe or signal data?) would instead incentivise players to take part and might mean bigger guilds “encourage” their players to take part more often.
    Account started June 2020. 100% FTP. 8.2m GP. JMK, JML, SLKR, and SEE. Exe and Levi. Ally code 117-269-921. Swgoh.gg