Secret and shadow is just... Mean

Omilek
25 posts Member
I've finaly manage to beat secret and shadow tier 3 sidius. Then paff on wave 5 before I can do anything the death trooper anti revive one of my nightsister stealing the 3 stars.......

Took me over 30 secret and shadow event with over 100 tries per event just to be denied like that :(

This is heartbreaking

Replies

• Omilek
    25 posts Member
    Options
    qedt1nhm1yv2.png
  • herd_nerfer
    2169 posts Member
    Options
    Been there, done that. I think when I finally got 3* it was from setting it on auto over and over until it just worked. Harness the power of the auto button. If you give it enough chances, RNG does the work for you.
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • LordDirt
    5233 posts Member
    Options
    Been there, done that. I think when I finally got 3* it was from setting it on auto over and over until it just worked. Harness the power of the auto button. If you give it enough chances, RNG does the work for you.

You have motivated me to do this again. Wish me luck!
    We needed Cobb Vanth shards for Krayt Dragon raid, Endor Gear Luke shards for Speeder Bike raid and Anakin Skywalker shards for Battle for Naboo raid?
  • LordDirt
    5233 posts Member
    Options
    Well, that didnt last long. Tired of this endless nonsense. Time to forget about tier 3 again.
    We needed Cobb Vanth shards for Krayt Dragon raid, Endor Gear Luke shards for Speeder Bike raid and Anakin Skywalker shards for Battle for Naboo raid?
  • Options
    You could always try what CG recommends and spend every penny you own on gear and materials
  • TVF
    36858 posts Member
    Options
    LordDirt wrote: »
    Well, that didnt last long. Tired of this endless nonsense. Time to forget about tier 3 again.

Every few months I land in this exact same spot lol.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • herd_nerfer
    2169 posts Member
    Options

Apathy is the path to the not too dark and not too light side.

Yeah it actually took me a few months of auto attempts to get the 3* on CT3. Everyone has their limits. The key is to put it on auto while you're doing other things and just check back every once in a while to restart it.
  • Gawejn
    1162 posts Member
    Options
    I made 3 stars with g12 zombii and asaji. Got lucky
  • Options
    Did anyone completed challenge tier 3 with Phoenix?

Is it possible?
  • Options
    koWALL wrote: »
    Did anyone completed challenge tier 3 with Phoenix?

Is it possible?

I haven't heard of anyone doing it. I'm sure it's possible but even more RNG than NS.
  • LordDirt
    5233 posts Member
    Options
    Wonder if Night Trooper with the Night Sisters can work on Tier 3.
  • Options
    I hadn’t attempted since I r5’d hera. I’m still stuck on mythic tier, but at least made it to Nihilus no problem!
  • Options

That's an interesting thought - who do you drop though?
  • StarSon
    7571 posts Member
    Options

That's an interesting thought - who do you drop though?

Asajj is the only viable drop, and not sure he adds anything since the roadblock is Sid.
  • Options
    Abe_Fr0man wrote: »
    I hadn’t attempted since I r5’d hera. I’m still stuck on mythic tier, but at least made it to Nihilus no problem!

I have completed Challenge Tier 1 with Hera and Rex R2 and others G12.

Sid is killing my G12 on Challenge Tier 2 as they are low health.
  • LordDirt
    5233 posts Member
    Options
    Subbed out Asajj for Night Trooper and got close to killing Sid but failed.
  • Options
    You want to drop Assaj for Talia. Daka revives everyone after Sid AOEs, Talia cleanses heal immunity, take down Sid. Then make sure you beat Nihilus in the final round with a full team for three stars. RNG is a thing.
  • EmmersonGrant
    40 posts Member
    edited July 11
    Options
    My team had Talzin, Daka, Asajj, Merrin and Zombie on R5. They all died on Sidious's ground.
    I put Daka in R6 and switched out Asajj for G-12 Talia, thinking it would help.

It did, but in two consecutive challenges, one of the assassins shot my Talia out of spite and killed her before succumbing from plague.
    So, I went back to basics, remodded (crit avoidance arrow on Daka is a must) and tried with Talzin, Daka, Asajj, Merrin and Zombie. The bump Daka received from R6 was noticeable:

Fight started:
    Sidious AoE kills all, but Zombie's death triggers a rez and Daka pops back up at 3/4's health.
    Daka revives all.
    Asajj basics. Sidious at 2 plague, 18 dots.
    Merrin 1st special and stealths. Sidious at 5 plague, 18 dots
    Talzin first special. Sidious 6 plague, 18 dots
    Zombie hits event ability.
    Sidious dies.

Next round you need to get rid of the Death Trooper. Focus on him and keep him stunned. I targeted him and the other mobs fell thanks to plague.

Next waves are not important.
    On the Nihilus wave you're golden because your Sister will have full health and protection, and thanks to Zombie, Nihilus' insta-kill will be contained. And since your toons are R5 they can't be killed casually by the assassin.

Note: it took me a while to get the RNG just perfect, but definitely having an R6 Daka works. I did try it with a R5 Talia but she couldn't do the heal after being revived by Daka (sidious sweept them), or the whole team was killed too much in rounds 1-3 so zombie revives were not an option.
  • Omilek
    25 posts Member
    edited July 11
    Options
    I managed with my top row nightsister daka R7 and asajj r5. Everyone else r3.

Daka has alot of health/defense mod with crit immunity arrow
  • Wendigo
    13 posts Member
    Options
    Worst event in the game
  • Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIV7JtkMWHA
    you can do it even with 3 x G12