Why? I dont get anything, other Players get this

Replies

• Skyryser
    39 posts Member
    Options
    I think this problem has clearly been put on the /ignore list like the last time something like this happened. This won’t get fixed and those of us who got shafted will stay shafted. Just remember this next time you think about opening your wallet.
  • tmntguy86
    447 posts Member
    Options

In regards to why some people are seeing more quests than others, the longer ago that a player reached level 85 on their account, the more quests there are that have been added to the game since, which is why the older an account is, the more likely it is to see more "new" quests in their log.

I might be misunderstanding something with all of this. But my 2015 account that did have the HD bundle when it first came out has not received any of this stuff. I could be mistaken. But it feels like there are quests / achievements that my older account never had that my slightly newer account has. My 2016 account that did not purchase the HDB has received new quests I had never done before. There is definitely a huge difference in the shards / SSC obtained from my account that got the HDB and the one that didn’t. When I got the HDB I didn’t have nearly as many shards / SSC currency as my non HDB account has been picking up since this update.

Again, I could be missing / misunderstanding how all of this is working.
  • Skorf26
    23 posts Member
    Options
    tmntguy86 wrote: »

In regards to why some people are seeing more quests than others, the longer ago that a player reached level 85 on their account, the more quests there are that have been added to the game since, which is why the older an account is, the more likely it is to see more "new" quests in their log.

I might be misunderstanding something with all of this. But my 2015 account that did have the HD bundle when it first came out has not received any of this stuff. I could be mistaken. But it feels like there are quests / achievements that my older account never had that my slightly newer account has. My 2016 account that did not purchase the HDB has received new quests I had never done before. There is definitely a huge difference in the shards / SSC obtained from my account that got the HDB and the one that didn’t. When I got the HDB I didn’t have nearly as many shards / SSC currency as my non HDB account has been picking up since this update.

Again, I could be missing / misunderstanding how all of this is working.

But he says this later on in that post

At the same time, we added a requirement to these quests so that they would not be added to the player's Quest Log when the player purchased the Hyperdrive Bundle, which is why those who purchased the HDB are not seeing them.

The intention was that these quests would not appear for anyone who had previously reached level 85, not just those who had purchased the HDB

- So you didn’t get anything because they made it so you wouldn’t because you bought the HDB.

They screwed up (his words) and if you have an old account that did not buy it and could be level 85 for years, you got a lot of extra rewards.

They made a mistake and rather than remedy the solution, they have chosen just to ignore it and let it be.
  • Options
    It’s been a day since this happened. They may have chosen to do nothing, but they may also be working out what they want to do.

For me, it seems way too early to decide they’re doing nothing.
  • Magruffin
    849 posts Member
    Options
    Let's just give 500 purps to everyone and call it a day.
  • Options
    I think a better solution would be to open the quests to everyone, including those who bought the HDB.

Inflation is better than unrest.

If benefits were intended only for newbies, just add new stuff for them to push them ahead of that inflated economy.
  • Options
    Never bought an hdb been around for awhile, got like 30 total shards, yay
    Actually lost quests post re update. Lol
  • jim1907
    19 posts Member
    Options
    @CG_Tusken_Meathead

So I didn't get most of the quests for being under 85 and now I have leveled to 85 from the one big XP quest I got (challenges).

So should I just expect to get nothing else, or will there be some sort of fix at one point?

Ally Code: 883213985
  • TVF
    36859 posts Member
    Options
    Sad to hear that new players are quitting and old players are either quitting or not gonna spend money anymore - what a mess 😭

And the reaction/response from CG is silence - I'm genuinely worried for the future of this game

All of this could have been posted at pretty much any time other than at launch.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Some people in my guild got a lvl 3 darkside toons to lvl 73 for 17k exp and shards and 80 shards for u-wing but I'm lvl 79 and got 2 quests for promoting snips to 2*s and light side toons to lvl 71
  • Options
    Some people in my guild got a lvl 3 darkside toons to lvl 73 for 17k exp and shards and 80 shards for u-wing but I'm lvl 79 and got 2 quests for promoting snips to 2*s and light side toons to lvl 71

Yeah they need fix this asap if lowend quests like that is offering level and half nearing end of leveling

• Erevos
    3 posts Member
    edited June 8
    Options
    3 days and still no word from CG about any recompensation for all the low level players not getting any of the new quests. @CG_Tusken_Meathead In case something happens Ally code: 458-997-273
    Post edited by Erevos on
  • Presaria
    209 posts Member
    Options
    The silence from CG on this dumpster fire is deafening.
  • Options
    Thats why i only use money to buy lightspeed bundles. Cg wont care for matters like that. But in any case a miracle happens my aly code is 585-334-792
  • Options
    jim1907 wrote: »
    @CG_Tusken_Meathead

So I didn't get most of the quests for being under 85 and now I have leveled to 85 from the one big XP quest I got (challenges).

So should I just expect to get nothing else, or will there be some sort of fix at one point?

It's just the same for me. My ally code: 969-955-786
  • Options
    Any news CG?
  • Options
    They have already addressed this issue in the Hot Fix, so not sure if you should expect any more news.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/270781/hotfix-6-6-2024
  • thecooldue1996
    267 posts Member
    edited June 10
    Options
    They have already addressed this issue in the Hot Fix, so not sure if you should expect any more news.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/270781/hotfix-6-6-2024

well its clearly not fixed it if we still not getting THEM on new/newer accounts

its going take me months to get from 77 to 85 when people doing this **** in days

• Options
    Like I said earlier, if they don't want to fix it they'll just stonewall the issue until we forget it/let it go. This is how they do things. If it's not profitable, it won't get done, regardless of how broken it is. Hell I'm still waiting for CRex's omi to be fixed and it's been almost a year!
  • Options
    Glad to see this is going nowhere. Seems about right to punish your user base that actually spent money on this nonsense game. Unreal levels of dysfunction CG
  • StarSon
    7572 posts Member
    Options
    antelope wrote: »
    Glad to see this is going nowhere. Seems about right to punish your user base that actually spent money on this nonsense game. Unreal levels of dysfunction CG

It's a pretty normal level of dysfunction for them, and also having the issue be ignored is completely expected.
  • Lumiya
    1584 posts Member
    Options
    antelope wrote: »

Again, this does not only affect HDB buyers...
    We are all made of star-stuff
  • Options
    They are too busy trying to get that Gungan Raid working to be able to properly put out this Upgrade or fix the upgrade, or fix the issue w/ people that have multiple emails & can't use the EA PC Version.
  • TVF
    36859 posts Member
    Options
    They are too busy trying to get that Gungan Raid working to be able to properly put out this Upgrade or fix the upgrade, or fix the issue w/ people that have multiple emails & can't use the EA PC Version.

Citation needed.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • PrussianGeneral
    58 posts Member
    edited June 13
    Options
    I had the challenges quest changed to the new rewards, had the use Ben and Farmboy challenge, and spend 400 cantina energy (and got the follow up quest behind this one when I completed it).

However, I had a quest that I hadn't completed (get Lando to 5*) taken away from my list. I do hope that a patch is put out that fixes these issues.

My ally code if needed is 883-213-985

4pt0n66yrj3k.png

This isn't even the right quest. It's like 2 quests combined into one. It should be level 5 for all three, and the rewards for the 5 are CRex (according to someone else's quests that I saw).

Not enough attention has been paid to this issue. Those daily challenge quests aren’t arranged properly. The Ability Material challenge should not be paired with gear-based challenges since they are systematically different. If you start a new account, you’re going to get stuck behind those quests because you’ll be in the 50s trying to do a quest that requires you to be level 72. The content and sequence of these quests makes no sense at all, you’re not leveling up any faster once you hit certain levels because you get stuck behind impossible quests such as this one.
    Post edited by PrussianGeneral on
  • PickledPeppers
    6 posts Member
    edited June 19
    Options
    This is a great update for progression but ive missed out on almost every single quest ive gotten 15 old bens and lukes or something like that. I hit level 85 around 2 months ago and still none of the quests have popped up. I know someone else thats been playing for 8 years and they got some of the quests too. I dont know if the quests are based on something or what. Please CG if you can fix this, me and others would be very happy. Edit: I have not bought the hyperdrive bundle if thats the reason you may think.

786-346-861
    Post edited by PickledPeppers on
  • Options
    @CG_Tusken_Meathead

So a fix was put out that gave people lots of shards they didn't get but I still didn't get them all even though I was under 85 when the update first came out and then hit 85 after. Is there any update on this being fixed for us?

• CG_Tusken_Meathead
    451 posts EA Community Manager
    Options
    @CG_Tusken_Meathead

So a fix was put out that gave people lots of shards they didn't get but I still didn't get them all even though I was under 85 when the update first came out and then hit 85 after. Is there any update on this being fixed for us?

Yup, this is something I'm working with the team on right now, not ETA as I need to request a new Data pull
  • Options
    @CG_Tusken_Meathead

Yup, this is something I'm working with the team on right now, not ETA as I need to request a new Data pull

And what about the inequitable distribution of these rewards to long time players?