Changes to the new player experience: bonuses granted to existing players

Rootdev
44 posts Member
So it seems, per Tusken_meathead’s player experience post yesterday changes-coming-to-the-new-player-experience
A bunch of people in my guild seem to have received all the characters included here, even though they’ve been playing for years, so have ended up with up to 20k shard store shards and had all their achievements reset, and again received rewards for some of those achievements. But others in the guild have not.
Now I appreciate this was no doubt unintended, and I would not want my guild mates who lucked out to be penalised for receiving these unexpected rewards, but it is massively unfair on those who didn’t, and this is no doubt true for whatever percentage of all players who weren’t lucky enough to be affected by this bug (who ever thought that would be a thing?). Any chance you could make good to everyone else and at least re-level the playing field?

Replies

• Options
    One thing I heard in a stream today is that this has to do with those who did not purchase a hyperdrive bundle. Check in your guild to see if those who did not get these new player quests purchased the hyperdrive bundle in the past.
  • Alcatt
    12 posts Member
    edited June 6
    Options
    It still sucks. I’m penalized for purchasing a very pricy bundle 3 years ago. Some of my guild mates received upward of 30k SSC which will boost them quite a lot.

I tried to support a game and working to reach the lower/average player level and i will be left behind again by a screw up. Lesson learned…
  • Options
    I can confirm I still don't have the HD bundle & I did NOT get some 20K worth of Shards. More like 1K

So the HD Bundle isn't the issue.
  • Options
    I can confirm I still don't have the HD bundle & I did NOT get some 20K worth of Shards. More like 1K

So the HD Bundle isn't the issue.

Exact same here. Got one quest reset to spend cantina currency and that was it. No HDB.
    Account started June 2020. 100% FTP. 8.2m GP. JMK, JML, SLKR, and SEE. Exe and Levi. Ally code 117-269-921. Swgoh.gg
  • Options
    Same here. I didn‘t get any spontaneous rewards after the New Player experience. I did buy the HDB a few years ago. Seems odd that FtP players get a reward and people supporting the game don’t.
  • Lumiya
    1584 posts Member
    Options
    B00ze_ wrote: »
    Same here. I didn‘t get any spontaneous rewards after the New Player experience. I did buy the HDB a few years ago. Seems odd that FtP players get a reward and people supporting the game don’t.

It isn't like that. I have not bought the bundle and got like 2000 ssc and 3 or 4 Quests... Just read through the threads... it does not just affect HDB buyers
    We are all made of star-stuff
  • Rius
    408 posts Member
    Options
    B00ze_ wrote: »

I did not get the shards and I did not buy HDB. Not sure why they even suggested this without evidence as it creates FTP vs PTP rhetoric which is not there.