153 posts Member
is this even possible?
43rgy06a87b7.png

Replies

• Dwinkelm
    772 posts Member
    Options
    Yes sir, 100% known and doable.

If you want to prevent the General Hux counter, the typical way is to set the “triple attacker” lineup, which substitutes IG-88 in for Hounds Tooth at opening lineup. However, doing this opens you up to mirror-match or Negotiator counters.

It’s a worth while counter to know, there are a lot of YouTube video guides for it if you want to do a search.
  • Dwinkelm
    772 posts Member
    Options
    Another note,

The AI for Executor isn’t great on defense. It’s always best to just use five Bounty Hunter ships in the lineup at all times, so the first reinforcement can’t mess up the lineup (you explicitly want all BH at all times under executor)
  • Lumiya
    1584 posts Member
    edited June 7
    Options
    Yep, with the Echelon it is absolutely possible. I use it as a counter all the time. You just have to know when to do what.

As a side note, 3 attacker is more difficult but is also doable with Finalizer.

Edit for typo
    We are all made of star-stuff
  • Ryche
    153 posts Member
    Options
    thanks folks! I tried the Finalizer against a 5* Executor before and got annihilated. i'll check the video out Dwinkelm, thanks!
  • Lumiya
    1584 posts Member
    Options
    Ryche wrote: »
    thanks folks! I tried the Finalizer against a 5* Executor before and got annihilated. i'll check the video out Dwinkelm, thanks!

As I've mentioned before, it is very important to follow a set of steps, meaning there is an order when you have to use which ability and on which enemy ship.

And yes, best way is definitely to watch a few videos and practice to get the hang of it.
    We are all made of star-stuff
  • Hortus
    658 posts Member
    Options
    Ryche wrote: »

In fact, low stars Executor is often more difficult, because Finalizer counter is VERY suspectible to turn order (both opponent and himself). So if you are going to look for videos also look for low stars battles.
  • Options
    Alternatively, you can use an empire fleet with Chimera or Executrix and Tie Defender. I have used both of these to consistently beat an Executor.