Star Wars: Acolyte [SPOILER S1:E7] discussion

Prev1345678
Ultra
11613 posts Moderator
edited July 7
Thoughts on the show?

I enjoyed both episodes a lot

Great world building and organic way of information dumping and the main cast of characters have nice chemistry

Also, it didn't feel like a drag by the time both episodes ended

Really looking forward to the rest

My speculation on who HE is:
Darth Plagueis... the whole May should be dead and Sol confirmed it, solidifies it for me

Also Killmonger Jedi is the best one
Post edited by Ultra on

Replies

  • ItsNotMe
    104 posts Member
    Options
    I also really enjoyed it. Not quite Andor level for me, but a very solid foray that has my interest in seeing where it goes from here. Personally, enjoying it much more than Kenobi, so far.

    I don’t trust the Jedi especially that green one, obviously not all are bad but I hope this show explores the hubris of the Jedi Order that led to their eventual downfall.

    Also — Carrie Anne Moss cameo as a Jedi hit me right in the all the good nerd feels!!
  • Magruffin
    849 posts Member
    edited June 11
    Options
    CAM was one of the only things that had me interested in the show, with her gone there's not much motivating me to watch more.
  • Options
    I didn't like it! I find the acting really clumsy and the script immature.
  • Options
    When I realized it was a 'but my evil twin did it' setup I was immediately turned off. I hope there's a very specific reason for the twin thing because otherwise, it's one of the laziest writing tropes around (right next to 'it was all just a dream')

    My hope - the twins are a force dyad (Rey + Kylo) and the main bad guy is Plagueis trying to pull them together because he needs that link to resurrect someone or prolong a life (probably his). It could also be the reason the Jedi did what they did because they viewed the twins' connection as too dangerous to leave intact.
  • Ultra
    11613 posts Moderator
    Options
    Magruffin wrote: »
    CAM was one of the only things that had me interested in the show, with her gone there's not much motivating me to watch more.

    watching a show just for the actors is never a good idea
  • Ultra
    11613 posts Moderator
    Options
    When I realized it was a 'but my evil twin did it' setup I was immediately turned off. I hope there's a very specific reason for the twin thing because otherwise, it's one of the laziest writing tropes around (right next to 'it was all just a dream')

    My hope - the twins are a force dyad (Rey + Kylo) and the main bad guy is Plagueis trying to pull them together because he needs that link to resurrect someone or prolong a life (probably his). It could also be the reason the Jedi did what they did because they viewed the twins' connection as too dangerous to leave intact.

    nothing wrong with twins

    i don’t think it’s a lazy trope or anything since it wasn’t end of the season plot twist which is how they usually do the “twins” twist

    they told us 30 mins into the the show that there are twins and the entire premise is around that in the first two episodes

    twins and star wars go hand in hand (Leia + Luke)
  • Wed_Santa
    1050 posts Member
    Options
    Magruffin wrote: »
    CAM was one of the only things that had me interested in the show, with her gone there's not much motivating me to watch more.

    The episode this week is a flashback so expect to get remotivated
  • Gawejn
    1162 posts Member
    Options
    It is like a show for 12 years old girls. I think for them that could be fun. Maybe 13.
  • Wed_Santa
    1050 posts Member
    Options
    Gawejn wrote: »
    It is like a show for 12 years old girls. I think for them that could be fun. Maybe 13.

    As opposed to most of the canon which is generally shows for 8 year old boys? Yes, it’s a kid’s show but with enough world building and nerd fodder to keep us all engaged. The difference here is the two separated twin offspring are both girls, taken by circumstances unknown from their force-witch mothers rather than a pair of twins taken from their force-wizard dad… it’s not really much of a departure but it still leaves room for fun. In this case I suspect it will offer more insight into the rot that set into the republic.

    Here’s to more tween girl’s shows. I’d recommend Buffy and more recently Renegade Nell as both worth an outing
  • LordDirt
    5234 posts Member
    Options
    The show is not very good and makes the foolish Jedi look even more ****.

    They arrest the girl even though she has an alibi and knowing she has a twin? No one thinks that maybe she lived?

    What is up with the line: "A Jedi doesn't pull her weapon unless prepared to kill." When did that become truth?

    TPM dialogue:
    “The Sith have been extinct for a millennium.” - KAM
    “I do not believe the Sith could have returned without our knowing.” - Mace

    So I guess Yoda who is alive at this time doesn't know what is going on?
    We needed Cobb Vanth shards for Krayt Dragon raid, Endor Gear Luke shards for Speeder Bike raid and Anakin Skywalker shards for Battle for Naboo raid?
  • Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    Magruffin wrote: »
    CAM was one of the only things that had me interested in the show, with her gone there's not much motivating me to watch more.

    watching a show just for the actors is never a good idea

    It's the only thing that got me through Kenobi
  • Ultra
    11613 posts Moderator
    Options
    LordDirt wrote: »
    The show is not very good and makes the foolish Jedi look even more ****.

    They arrest the girl even though she has an alibi and knowing she has a twin? No one thinks that maybe she lived?

    What is up with the line: "A Jedi doesn't pull her weapon unless prepared to kill." When did that become truth?

    TPM dialogue:
    “The Sith have been extinct for a millennium.” - KAM
    “I do not believe the Sith could have returned without our knowing.” - Mace

    So I guess Yoda who is alive at this time doesn't know what is going on?

    ?

    Her alibi doesn’t explain how “she” killed a jedi master, so it makes sense to arrest her for questioning

    2. No one thinks she lived because Sol said in the second episode he CONFIRMED the body was dead and only 5 people knew about the twin, and Sol immediately believed that May could be alive as soon as he met osha, which is what you are complaining about

    3. you are just nitpicking for the sake of it

    4. Again, you are nitpicking things for the sake of it, i mean, KAM said sith have been extinct and it was proven in episodes 1 to 9 that he is wrong and so was mace

    so not sure why bring up a quote of two people who were wrong about their knowledge and belief to anyone who watched the movies
  • Options
    LordDirt wrote: »
    The show is not very good and makes the foolish Jedi look even more ****.

    They arrest the girl even though she has an alibi and knowing she has a twin? No one thinks that maybe she lived?

    What is up with the line: "A Jedi doesn't pull her weapon unless prepared to kill." When did that become truth?

    TPM dialogue:
    “The Sith have been extinct for a millennium.” - KAM
    “I do not believe the Sith could have returned without our knowing.” - Mace

    So I guess Yoda who is alive at this time doesn't know what is going on?

    they did not know her twin was alive because the jedi involved in the mission thought that she was dead (so that's what went into their report). also, there was no alibi (unless i missed something). when asked where she was during the attack she said "in her room", which hardly qualifies as an alibi.

    there was some stuff to be critical about, but those issues were certainly not it. i was rather confused by the inept prisoner transport. that was very odd. the script was a bit hurried at times, but i guess that's a problem all star wars shows (except andor) seem to have right now.

    overall, it was... ok? not andor level good, but certainly not ahsoka or kenobi level crap either. looking forward to where this goes. i like most of the jedi characters, they made them variable and interesting. looking forward to getting to know them better. i wonder who dies. cause let's face it, some of them will die. right? >:)

  • Screerider
    1500 posts Member
    Options
    Are the bad guys Sith or are they Nihil?
  • Options
    shlominus wrote: »
    LordDirt wrote: »
    The show is not very good and makes the foolish Jedi look even more ****.

    They arrest the girl even though she has an alibi and knowing she has a twin? No one thinks that maybe she lived?

    What is up with the line: "A Jedi doesn't pull her weapon unless prepared to kill." When did that become truth?

    TPM dialogue:
    “The Sith have been extinct for a millennium.” - KAM
    “I do not believe the Sith could have returned without our knowing.” - Mace

    So I guess Yoda who is alive at this time doesn't know what is going on?

    they did not know her twin was alive because the jedi involved in the mission thought that she was dead (so that's what went into their report). also, there was no alibi (unless i missed something). when asked where she was during the attack she said "in her room", which hardly qualifies as an alibi.

    there was some stuff to be critical about, but those issues were certainly not it. i was rather confused by the inept prisoner transport. that was very odd. the script was a bit hurried at times, but i guess that's a problem all star wars shows (except andor) seem to have right now.

    overall, it was... ok? not andor level good, but certainly not ahsoka or kenobi level crap either. looking forward to where this goes. i like most of the jedi characters, they made them variable and interesting. looking forward to getting to know them better. i wonder who dies. cause let's face it, some of them will die. right? >:)

    Andor better than ahsoka or Kenobi? Dude I've got old text books more entertaining than andor.
    This fanbase is messed.
  • LordDirt
    5234 posts Member
    edited June 11
    Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    LordDirt wrote: »
    The show is not very good and makes the foolish Jedi look even more ****.

    They arrest the girl even though she has an alibi and knowing she has a twin? No one thinks that maybe she lived?

    What is up with the line: "A Jedi doesn't pull her weapon unless prepared to kill." When did that become truth?

    TPM dialogue:
    “The Sith have been extinct for a millennium.” - KAM
    “I do not believe the Sith could have returned without our knowing.” - Mace

    So I guess Yoda who is alive at this time doesn't know what is going on?

    ?

    Her alibi doesn’t explain how “she” killed a jedi master, so it makes sense to arrest her for questioning

    2. No one thinks she lived because Sol said in the second episode he CONFIRMED the body was dead and only 5 people knew about the twin, and Sol immediately believed that May could be alive as soon as he met osha, which is what you are complaining about

    3. you are just nitpicking for the sake of it

    4. Again, you are nitpicking things for the sake of it, i mean, KAM said sith have been extinct and it was proven in episodes 1 to 9 that he is wrong and so was mace

    so not sure why bring up a quote of two people who were wrong about their knowledge and belief to anyone who watched the movies
    She was on a space ship thousands of miles away from where someone got murdered and she had an alibi, witnesses and video footage of her being on the ship. The Jedi were fools to still arrest her.

    I think you missed the point of the quotes. How can a Sith show up a hundred years before KAM saying the Sith haven’t been around for 1000 years?
    We needed Cobb Vanth shards for Krayt Dragon raid, Endor Gear Luke shards for Speeder Bike raid and Anakin Skywalker shards for Battle for Naboo raid?
  • Ultra
    11613 posts Moderator
    Options
    LordDirt wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    LordDirt wrote: »
    The show is not very good and makes the foolish Jedi look even more ****.

    They arrest the girl even though she has an alibi and knowing she has a twin? No one thinks that maybe she lived?

    What is up with the line: "A Jedi doesn't pull her weapon unless prepared to kill." When did that become truth?

    TPM dialogue:
    “The Sith have been extinct for a millennium.” - KAM
    “I do not believe the Sith could have returned without our knowing.” - Mace

    So I guess Yoda who is alive at this time doesn't know what is going on?

    ?

    Her alibi doesn’t explain how “she” killed a jedi master, so it makes sense to arrest her for questioning

    2. No one thinks she lived because Sol said in the second episode he CONFIRMED the body was dead and only 5 people knew about the twin, and Sol immediately believed that May could be alive as soon as he met osha, which is what you are complaining about

    3. you are just nitpicking for the sake of it

    4. Again, you are nitpicking things for the sake of it, i mean, KAM said sith have been extinct and it was proven in episodes 1 to 9 that he is wrong and so was mace

    so not sure why bring up a quote of two people who were wrong about their knowledge and belief to anyone who watched the movies
    She was on a space ship thousands of miles away from where someone got murdered and she had an alibi, witnesses and video footage of her being on the ship. The Jedi were fools to still arrest her.

    I think you missed the point of the quotes. How can a Sith show up a hundred years before KAM saying the Sith haven’t been around for 1000 years?
    Again, you arrest and question someone, we weren't told there are witnesses or video footage, even at the start of osha's scene, her crewmember asked her what she did on her day off yesterday, so its possible she went off-world on her day off

    how can darth maul and palpatine show up when kam saying the sith haven't been around for 1000 years?

    What KAM thinks or believes isn't the truth
  • Ultra
    11613 posts Moderator
    Options
    Magruffin wrote: »
    shlominus wrote: »
    LordDirt wrote: »
    The show is not very good and makes the foolish Jedi look even more ****.

    They arrest the girl even though she has an alibi and knowing she has a twin? No one thinks that maybe she lived?

    What is up with the line: "A Jedi doesn't pull her weapon unless prepared to kill." When did that become truth?

    TPM dialogue:
    “The Sith have been extinct for a millennium.” - KAM
    “I do not believe the Sith could have returned without our knowing.” - Mace

    So I guess Yoda who is alive at this time doesn't know what is going on?

    they did not know her twin was alive because the jedi involved in the mission thought that she was dead (so that's what went into their report). also, there was no alibi (unless i missed something). when asked where she was during the attack she said "in her room", which hardly qualifies as an alibi.

    there was some stuff to be critical about, but those issues were certainly not it. i was rather confused by the inept prisoner transport. that was very odd. the script was a bit hurried at times, but i guess that's a problem all star wars shows (except andor) seem to have right now.

    overall, it was... ok? not andor level good, but certainly not ahsoka or kenobi level crap either. looking forward to where this goes. i like most of the jedi characters, they made them variable and interesting. looking forward to getting to know them better. i wonder who dies. cause let's face it, some of them will die. right? >:)

    Andor better than ahsoka or Kenobi? Dude I've got old text books more entertaining than andor.
    This fanbase is messed.

    Kenobi and Ahsoka were boring shows to me

    Andor is one of the best Star Wars shows by a mile imo
  • Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    Magruffin wrote: »
    shlominus wrote: »
    LordDirt wrote: »
    The show is not very good and makes the foolish Jedi look even more ****.

    They arrest the girl even though she has an alibi and knowing she has a twin? No one thinks that maybe she lived?

    What is up with the line: "A Jedi doesn't pull her weapon unless prepared to kill." When did that become truth?

    TPM dialogue:
    “The Sith have been extinct for a millennium.” - KAM
    “I do not believe the Sith could have returned without our knowing.” - Mace

    So I guess Yoda who is alive at this time doesn't know what is going on?

    they did not know her twin was alive because the jedi involved in the mission thought that she was dead (so that's what went into their report). also, there was no alibi (unless i missed something). when asked where she was during the attack she said "in her room", which hardly qualifies as an alibi.

    there was some stuff to be critical about, but those issues were certainly not it. i was rather confused by the inept prisoner transport. that was very odd. the script was a bit hurried at times, but i guess that's a problem all star wars shows (except andor) seem to have right now.

    overall, it was... ok? not andor level good, but certainly not ahsoka or kenobi level crap either. looking forward to where this goes. i like most of the jedi characters, they made them variable and interesting. looking forward to getting to know them better. i wonder who dies. cause let's face it, some of them will die. right? >:)

    Andor better than ahsoka or Kenobi? Dude I've got old text books more entertaining than andor.
    This fanbase is messed.

    Kenobi and Ahsoka were boring shows to me

    Andor is one of the best Star Wars shows by a mile imo

    i don't think it's worth anyone's time to argue about the quality of andor compared to all the other star wras shows. :)

  • Screerider
    1500 posts Member
    Options
    I’m more skeptical about them being to ID Osha based on the bartender’s description, what with trillions of humans/near-humans in the galaxy.
  • ItsNotMe
    104 posts Member
    Options
    Screerider wrote: »
    I’m more skeptical about them being to ID Osha based on the bartender’s description, what with trillions of humans/near-humans in the galaxy.

    They knew she was force trained because Inara comm’d it to someone during their fight, so that does tend to narrow it down a bit!
  • ItsNotMe
    104 posts Member
    Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    Magruffin wrote: »
    shlominus wrote: »
    LordDirt wrote: »
    The show is not very good and makes the foolish Jedi look even more ****.

    They arrest the girl even though she has an alibi and knowing she has a twin? No one thinks that maybe she lived?

    What is up with the line: "A Jedi doesn't pull her weapon unless prepared to kill." When did that become truth?

    TPM dialogue:
    “The Sith have been extinct for a millennium.” - KAM
    “I do not believe the Sith could have returned without our knowing.” - Mace

    So I guess Yoda who is alive at this time doesn't know what is going on?

    they did not know her twin was alive because the jedi involved in the mission thought that she was dead (so that's what went into their report). also, there was no alibi (unless i missed something). when asked where she was during the attack she said "in her room", which hardly qualifies as an alibi.

    there was some stuff to be critical about, but those issues were certainly not it. i was rather confused by the inept prisoner transport. that was very odd. the script was a bit hurried at times, but i guess that's a problem all star wars shows (except andor) seem to have right now.

    overall, it was... ok? not andor level good, but certainly not ahsoka or kenobi level crap either. looking forward to where this goes. i like most of the jedi characters, they made them variable and interesting. looking forward to getting to know them better. i wonder who dies. cause let's face it, some of them will die. right? >:)

    Andor better than ahsoka or Kenobi? Dude I've got old text books more entertaining than andor.
    This fanbase is messed.

    Kenobi and Ahsoka were boring shows to me

    Andor is one of the best Star Wars shows by a mile imo

    Agree with you 1000%!

  • ItsNotMe
    104 posts Member
    Options
    LordDirt wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    LordDirt wrote: »
    The show is not very good and makes the foolish Jedi look even more ****.

    They arrest the girl even though she has an alibi and knowing she has a twin? No one thinks that maybe she lived?

    What is up with the line: "A Jedi doesn't pull her weapon unless prepared to kill." When did that become truth?

    TPM dialogue:
    “The Sith have been extinct for a millennium.” - KAM
    “I do not believe the Sith could have returned without our knowing.” - Mace

    So I guess Yoda who is alive at this time doesn't know what is going on?

    ?

    Her alibi doesn’t explain how “she” killed a jedi master, so it makes sense to arrest her for questioning

    2. No one thinks she lived because Sol said in the second episode he CONFIRMED the body was dead and only 5 people knew about the twin, and Sol immediately believed that May could be alive as soon as he met osha, which is what you are complaining about

    3. you are just nitpicking for the sake of it

    4. Again, you are nitpicking things for the sake of it, i mean, KAM said sith have been extinct and it was proven in episodes 1 to 9 that he is wrong and so was mace

    so not sure why bring up a quote of two people who were wrong about their knowledge and belief to anyone who watched the movies
    She was on a space ship thousands of miles away from where someone got murdered and she had an alibi, witnesses and video footage of her being on the ship. The Jedi were fools to still arrest her.

    I think you missed the point of the quotes. How can a Sith show up a hundred years before KAM saying the Sith haven’t been around for 1000 years?

    Complaining about distance in a reality where intragalactic faster than light hyperspace travel is commonplace 😂😂😂

  • Screerider
    1500 posts Member
    Options
    ItsNotMe wrote: »
    Screerider wrote: »
    I’m more skeptical about them being to ID Osha based on the bartender’s description, what with trillions of humans/near-humans in the galaxy.

    They knew she was force trained because Inara comm’d it to someone during their fight, so that does tend to narrow it down a bit!
    That's Forcist.
  • ItsNotMe
    104 posts Member
    Options
    Screerider wrote: »
    ItsNotMe wrote: »
    Screerider wrote: »
    I’m more skeptical about them being to ID Osha based on the bartender’s description, what with trillions of humans/near-humans in the galaxy.

    They knew she was force trained because Inara comm’d it to someone during their fight, so that does tend to narrow it down a bit!
    That's Forcist.

    1szrvru05zu5.png
  • Ultra
    11613 posts Moderator
    edited June 11
    Options
    Screerider wrote: »
    I’m more skeptical about them being to ID Osha based on the bartender’s description, what with trillions of humans/near-humans in the galaxy.

    i mean, yeah but you need to have some level of suspension of disbelief to enjoy entertainment

    i can nitpick realism in batman films, the boys, breaking bad or any show if i wanted to, sometimes you just have to accept things without being too rigid about how hyper realistic it is as long as its not super dumb beyond belief

    An eyewitness account on Osha is fine imo
  • Ultra
    11613 posts Moderator
    Options
    This isn't a documentary, its an entertainment show

    maybe its just me, but i have a high tolerance which makes me able to enjoy what i'm watching
  • LordDirt
    5234 posts Member
    Options
    So now we have another created conception using the Force to make Anakin’s story not so special.

    We needed Cobb Vanth shards for Krayt Dragon raid, Endor Gear Luke shards for Speeder Bike raid and Anakin Skywalker shards for Battle for Naboo raid?
  • Options
    The witches used that "fire" to hide themselves and make the jedi think they were all killed.

    But, it just adds more questions and tries to add in too many more "niche" events that happened one time in one part of SW lore.

    It wasn't as confusing and didn't have as many plot holes and contradictions as the first two episodes though.
  • Whatelse73
    2250 posts Member
    Options
    They have 5 more episodes to explain what the heck they are doing. There are so many tropes and oddities, I just don't get where their knowledge of Star Wars comes from.

    Plenty of "explanations" from content creators, but there shouldn't have to be so many explanations of every little specific weird detail that doesn't make sense. Pick a storyline and stick to it.
Sign In or Register to comment.