Star Wars: Acolyte [SPOILER S1:E7] discussion

Replies

  • Lumiya
    1583 posts Member
    Options
    Wendigo wrote: »

    The only reason to hate the show at this point is because its a meme to hate on it. 13% rotten tomato reviews before it even aired. I actually went in preparing to hate it based on poor reviews and those interviews with cast and directors, but its a better show than obi wan was.

    There are many more reasons to not like the show... And that's perfectly fine. Not everyone needs someone else to tell them how to feel about something, if they should like or hate something. Different taste and all that so we should not jump to assumptions about other people's likes or dislikes.
    I for example think it is the weakest of all the new shows. I wouldn't say I hate it but I think it definitely has flaws (some of which I mentioned in another thread). I came to my opinion all by myself, I avoided anything that had to do with The Acolyte before it aired as to make sure not to get spoilered, so I didn't know about anything beforehand. I watched the first two episodes, formed my own opinion and only then did I look what others had to say about it.
    We are all made of star-stuff
  • Options
    Wendigo wrote: »
    Regardless of views on how good or bad the show is, the blatant lack of maintaining basic continuity ruined the show for me. Doing basic research on a character like KAM would have prevented an incident like that from happening, not to mention that this would also be during the time of Darth Tenebrous, so either the rule of two was broken, or the person who claimed they were a "Sith" is just a wannabe. The disregard for maintaining pre-existing lore is insulting to me as a fan, and prevents me from enjoying media like Acolyte.

    You are nitpicking silly things when the show hasnt even finished its run yet. You dont even know if Tenebrous could be Qimir's master, and Qimir's plan is looking for his own apprentice so he can eventually usurp Tenebrous. Its more than likely Qimir will die and they will hit us with fan service to show us Tenebrous or Plagueis in the very last episode right before the credits drop.
    As for KAM's age, who cares? So what if he's 50 or 100 years older than wookiepedia says? How does that change literally anything?
    Yoda doesn't have a direct force connection to every single jedi, the jedi dont even know kalnecca's location, they had to use a tracker. None of them knew indara was killed until it was reported, they dont sit around "sensing" things all day.

    The only reason to hate the show at this point is because its a meme to hate on it. 13% rotten tomato reviews before it even aired. I actually went in preparing to hate it based on poor reviews and those interviews with cast and directors, but its a better show than obi wan was.

    If they just took mae and osha out of the show it would be much better, those 2 are offering nothing and actually making it harder to enjoy when they stand around looking at everyone the whole time.

    For the 180 MILLION dollars they spent on this show, they should be the ones "nitpicking" to ensure the show is lore accurate and fits in with everything else. For that amount of money, they could've hired writers and directors to make it worth that 180 million. So what did they spend that much on exactly?

    And it could also be said, the only reason to "defend" the show at this point is because it's "edgy" to meme on the "haters".

    Yoda felt Jedi dying during order 66. Kelnacca was "Posted" to the planet, which means they should know he's there. (That's by those very writers who are inconsistent with themselves.)
  • Screerider
    1497 posts Member
    Options
    If Kelancca was dead already, I suppose they wouldn't know he's there.

    Even alive Jedi only have pulled a "a presence I haven't felt since...." response from the most powerful Force user. Luke had to specifically call out to Leia in Cloud City, like Vader called out to Luke ("Father?"). Not sure what inconsistency here is new, compared to other media.
  • Options
    IIRC, they knew what planet Kelnacca was on. But he went AWOL and they needed to search for him. It's entirely possible he severed his connection with the Force to avoid easy detection--e.g. Cal Kestis before J:FO.

    As for what Yoda could feel, I think there's a huge difference between the sudden slaughter of most of the Jedi in the galaxy and the first 2 Jedi murders. As for what he knows about Ep 5 from Coruscant... idk, I'll have to see where the show goes from here.
  • LordDirt
    5233 posts Member
    Options
    What about when Leia died? Rey and Ben were far away from her.
    We needed Cobb Vanth shards for Krayt Dragon raid, Endor Gear Luke shards for Speeder Bike raid and Anakin Skywalker shards for Battle for Naboo raid?
  • Options
    I really like the show, it's refreshing to get some pre-prequel content in live action. Maybe some retcons are weird but it's not as awful as Filoni's retcons lmao
  • ItsNotMe
    104 posts Member
    Options
    LordDirt wrote: »
    What about when Leia died? Rey and Ben were far away from her.

    Literally her children??
  • ItsNotMe
    104 posts Member
    Options
    Whatelse73 wrote: »
    Wendigo wrote: »
    Regardless of views on how good or bad the show is, the blatant lack of maintaining basic continuity ruined the show for me. Doing basic research on a character like KAM would have prevented an incident like that from happening, not to mention that this would also be during the time of Darth Tenebrous, so either the rule of two was broken, or the person who claimed they were a "Sith" is just a wannabe. The disregard for maintaining pre-existing lore is insulting to me as a fan, and prevents me from enjoying media like Acolyte.

    You are nitpicking silly things when the show hasnt even finished its run yet. You dont even know if Tenebrous could be Qimir's master, and Qimir's plan is looking for his own apprentice so he can eventually usurp Tenebrous. Its more than likely Qimir will die and they will hit us with fan service to show us Tenebrous or Plagueis in the very last episode right before the credits drop.
    As for KAM's age, who cares? So what if he's 50 or 100 years older than wookiepedia says? How does that change literally anything?
    Yoda doesn't have a direct force connection to every single jedi, the jedi dont even know kalnecca's location, they had to use a tracker. None of them knew indara was killed until it was reported, they dont sit around "sensing" things all day.

    The only reason to hate the show at this point is because its a meme to hate on it. 13% rotten tomato reviews before it even aired. I actually went in preparing to hate it based on poor reviews and those interviews with cast and directors, but its a better show than obi wan was.

    If they just took mae and osha out of the show it would be much better, those 2 are offering nothing and actually making it harder to enjoy when they stand around looking at everyone the whole time.

    For the 180 MILLION dollars they spent on this show, they should be the ones "nitpicking" to ensure the show is lore accurate and fits in with everything else. For that amount of money, they could've hired writers and directors to make it worth that 180 million. So what did they spend that much on exactly?

    You DO release that Legends isn’t the lore anymore, right?

    I’m just surprised you haven’t managed to somehow tie in blaming Datacrons in all this.
  • LordDirt
    5233 posts Member
    Options
    ItsNotMe wrote: »
    LordDirt wrote: »
    What about when Leia died? Rey and Ben were far away from her.

    Literally her children??

    Rey is Leia’s child? I missed that part. Thought she was Palpatine’s granddaughter.
    We needed Cobb Vanth shards for Krayt Dragon raid, Endor Gear Luke shards for Speeder Bike raid and Anakin Skywalker shards for Battle for Naboo raid?
  • Screerider
    1497 posts Member
    Options
    Force Dyad magic
  • ItsNotMe
    104 posts Member
    Options
    LordDirt wrote: »
    ItsNotMe wrote: »
    LordDirt wrote: »
    What about when Leia died? Rey and Ben were far away from her.

    Literally her children??

    Rey is Leia’s child? I missed that part. Thought she was Palpatine’s granddaughter.

    Ben is, and Rey’s connected to her through that Force Dyad nonsense. And Leia was like a matriarchal figure to her, not all family is biological.
  • Options
    Screerider wrote: »
    Force Dyad magic
    Basically I think the force dyad thing is pretty much nonsense. As for the first five episodes I think the main characters died before they showed the audience why they are there and what they wanna express. The identity change at the end of e5 is quite interesting since the first four episodes didn’t have much mystery or twist in them. I just hope that the show can shed some light on some deeper connection between Sith and Jedi or simply get a real plot like Andor
  • Whatelse73
    2249 posts Member
    Options
    IIRC, they knew what planet Kelnacca was on. But he went AWOL and they needed to search for him. It's entirely possible he severed his connection with the Force to avoid easy detection--e.g. Cal Kestis before J:FO.

    As for what Yoda could feel, I think there's a huge difference between the sudden slaughter of most of the Jedi in the galaxy and the first 2 Jedi murders. As for what he knows about Ep 5 from Coruscant... idk, I'll have to see where the show goes from here.

    Master Green Lady said Kelnacca was "posted" to that planet. So there might be some crossed wires in the scripts.

    I would agree that maybe one jedi or two wouldn't be felt as easily. But 7 or 8? (Counting Kelnacca) They claimed he wouldn't be in this series, but I'll take that with a grain of salt because Ian McDowell said Pappa Palps wouldn't be in Kenobi, but he popped up on holo in the final episode.

    If he doesn't show up, that's an issue because the high council would be told about this. If he DOES show up in this, then there are even more problems to work out, which I don't think Leslye is concerned about.

    Though Leslye has already begun the "it's Filoni's fault!" PR campaign, so we shall see.
  • crzydroid
    7419 posts Moderator
    Options
    Whatelse73 wrote: »
    IIRC, they knew what planet Kelnacca was on. But he went AWOL and they needed to search for him. It's entirely possible he severed his connection with the Force to avoid easy detection--e.g. Cal Kestis before J:FO.

    As for what Yoda could feel, I think there's a huge difference between the sudden slaughter of most of the Jedi in the galaxy and the first 2 Jedi murders. As for what he knows about Ep 5 from Coruscant... idk, I'll have to see where the show goes from here.

    Master Green Lady said Kelnacca was "posted" to that planet. So there might be some crossed wires in the scripts.

    I would agree that maybe one jedi or two wouldn't be felt as easily. But 7 or 8? (Counting Kelnacca) They claimed he wouldn't be in this series, but I'll take that with a grain of salt because Ian McDowell said Pappa Palps wouldn't be in Kenobi, but he popped up on holo in the final episode.

    If he doesn't show up, that's an issue because the high council would be told about this. If he DOES show up in this, then there are even more problems to work out, which I don't think Leslye is concerned about.

    Though Leslye has already begun the "it's Filoni's fault!" PR campaign, so we shall see.

    They say he was posted there, but no one has heard from him in over a year since he went into the forest and didn't come out. Doesn't seem to be any contradiction.
  • Options
    Being a Jedi and living on a planet means you are posted there. I don't think anyone assumed he left the order when he went into the forest.

    No need to read anything else into that.
  • Wed_Santa
    1049 posts Member
    Options
    There’s a nice detail in episode 6 when master vernestra’s padawan expresses surprise that she wants to go to the outer rim (along the lines of “but you get sick in hyperspace…”).

    I think it shows that this is a Jedi order that’s got soft and complacent. It explains their apparent lack of awareness of what’s going on in the shadows
  • EdSolo
    425 posts Member
    Options
    I think a bigger issue with KAM is that the previous lore on him was that during TPM, he was the only member with the rank of Knight on the council. I'm sure it has probably been retconned at this point, but imagine keeping him as a Knight for like 150 years before finally granting him the rank of master. "We allow you to have multiple wives, but we do not grant you the rank of Master".

    I'm wondering if the Green Lady might be a Sith. I'm interested to see where this goes. I'll be pretty irked if we don't get a named Darth character by the end of this.
  • LordDirt
    5233 posts Member
    Options
    Yes there needs to be a true Sith Master and acolyte
    We needed Cobb Vanth shards for Krayt Dragon raid, Endor Gear Luke shards for Speeder Bike raid and Anakin Skywalker shards for Battle for Naboo raid?
  • crzydroid
    7419 posts Moderator
    edited July 3
    Options
    EdSolo wrote: »
    I think a bigger issue with KAM is that the previous lore on him was that during TPM, he was the only member with the rank of Knight on the council. I'm sure it has probably been retconned at this point, but imagine keeping him as a Knight for like 150 years before finally granting him the rank of master. "We allow you to have multiple wives, but we do not grant you the rank of Master".

    I'm wondering if the Green Lady might be a Sith. I'm interested to see where this goes. I'll be pretty irked if we don't get a named Darth character by the end of this.

    Yes, it was retconned in episode III when Anakin said you can't be on the council without being a Master and it had never been done before. Which is why it's dumb that so many people were mad about his age being "wrong." All of that superfluous stuff is fair game for being changed on screen.

    Remember when Boba Fett was Jaster Mereel? When Owen was Obi-Wan's brother? Threepio had never been memory wiped? Guess what? Darth Tenebrous might not be real.
  • Devian
    688 posts Member
    Options
    LordDirt wrote: »
    ItsNotMe wrote: »
    LordDirt wrote: »
    What about when Leia died? Rey and Ben were far away from her.

    Literally her children??

    Rey is Leia’s child? I missed that part. Thought she was Palpatine’s granddaughter.
    Somehow Palpatine and Leia had a child! We need shirtless version of Palpatine

  • Whatelse73
    2249 posts Member
    Options
    Fair warning everyone, if someone tries to kill your sister and kills all your friends, they're going to corrupt you to the dark side and when you have the chance to kill them, you won't do it! You'll stick around and have soup with them...
  • Whatelse73
    2249 posts Member
    Options
    EdSolo wrote: »
    I think a bigger issue with KAM is that the previous lore on him was that during TPM, he was the only member with the rank of Knight on the council. I'm sure it has probably been retconned at this point, but imagine keeping him as a Knight for like 150 years before finally granting him the rank of master. "We allow you to have multiple wives, but we do not grant you the rank of Master".

    I'm wondering if the Green Lady might be a Sith. I'm interested to see where this goes. I'll be pretty irked if we don't get a named Darth character by the end of this.

    I wouldn't be surprised if Master Venestra is Darth Nepotism, Leslye claims she's a sith after all. Not to mention the amount of times she's held back information from the high council. (Even though Yoda should be able to sense that, along with the 10ish jedi that have been killed in about 3 days.)
  • Range1974
    927 posts Member
    Options
    I’m 6 episodes in. Frankly, the writing is not great. Examples Poisoning a Jedi scene… taking over the drug store across from a Jedi outpost unnoticed… the covens chant… random dialogue about needing to turn over a stun gun… running from a battle to escape to turn around and go back even though nothing really changed…
    The writers add a lot of pointless talk and activities that do not move the show forward.
    Little things like welding a metal that is impervious to a lightsaber annoy me.
    The tiny droid squirting a liquid… where was the liquid stored?
    The attempted slapstick sometimes makes me smile.
    I’m fine with another group interpreting the force differently.
    The costumes, make up and sets are great.
    The ships which often are a cast member themself in the SW universe are forgettable so far and do not make me ponder will they be in game like Red 5 or N1.
    The large battle scene in E5 was cool, having the stranger fight without honor was interesting. His helmets natural ability was a twist.
  • LordDirt
    5233 posts Member
    Options
    So green jedi lady was the bad guys master at some point. Wonder if she still is but then that would make her too much like palpatine and surely they arent going to copy that.
    We needed Cobb Vanth shards for Krayt Dragon raid, Endor Gear Luke shards for Speeder Bike raid and Anakin Skywalker shards for Battle for Naboo raid?
  • Wed_Santa
    1049 posts Member
    Options
    Whatelse73 wrote: »
    Fair warning everyone, if someone tries to kill your sister and kills all your friends, they're going to corrupt you to the dark side and when you have the chance to kill them, you won't do it! You'll stick around and have soup with them...

    Yeah but on the other side, you do get an eyeful of their ripped Manny-liness… you’re only human after all
  • Options
    LordDirt wrote: »
    So green jedi lady was the bad guys master at some point. Wonder if she still is but then that would make her too much like palpatine and surely they arent going to copy that.

    did i miss something? why would you think that? i assumed qimir was another part of sol's dark past.

    vernestra is an established character. https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Vernestra_Rwoh

    i felt this episode kept dragging the big mystery for a bit too long. i hoped for some version of the story, with another one, closer to the truth, coming at the end of the series (similar to luke/kylo). also, i now hate the rodent alien with a passion. this kind of humor simply does not work for me.

    it's sad to see that every temptation storyline in star wars is better than palpatine/anakin. george lucas was so bad at writing interesting characters, their motivations and interactions. maul/ezra in rebels was much better and qimir pushing all the right buttons with osha is also quite interesting. if you remember the episode with the twins as children, it was osha who wanted to break away towards freedom, while mae was content among their coven with all kinds of weird rules. maybe mae would have been better jedi material. ;)
  • Screerider
    1497 posts Member
    Options
    Range1974 wrote: »
    Little things like welding a metal that is impervious to a lightsaber annoy me.
    He's using a different metal to bind to separate cortosis pieces together, kintsugi-style.

  • LordDirt
    5233 posts Member
    edited July 4
    Options
    shlominus wrote: »
    LordDirt wrote: »
    So green jedi lady was the bad guys master at some point. Wonder if she still is but then that would make her too much like palpatine and surely they arent going to copy that.

    did i miss something? why would you think that? i assumed qimir was another part of sol's dark past.

    vernestra is an established character. https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Vernestra_Rwoh

    i felt this episode kept dragging the big mystery for a bit too long. i hoped for some version of the story, with another one, closer to the truth, coming at the end of the series (similar to luke/kylo). also, i now hate the rodent alien with a passion. this kind of humor simply does not work for me.

    it's sad to see that every temptation storyline in star wars is better than palpatine/anakin. george lucas was so bad at writing interesting characters, their motivations and interactions. maul/ezra in rebels was much better and qimir pushing all the right buttons with osha is also quite interesting. if you remember the episode with the twins as children, it was osha who wanted to break away towards freedom, while mae was content among their coven with all kinds of weird rules. maybe mae would have been better jedi material. ;)

    He has whip marks on his back and the green jedi lady has a light whip. Maybe she wasnt his master but it seems they have met at some point. Figure he was her padawan and turned and they fought at some point. I just dont think he is the master and in the end we will see who is really behind all this.
    We needed Cobb Vanth shards for Krayt Dragon raid, Endor Gear Luke shards for Speeder Bike raid and Anakin Skywalker shards for Battle for Naboo raid?
  • Devian
    688 posts Member
    edited July 4
    Options
    shlominus wrote: »
    LordDirt wrote: »
    So green jedi lady was the bad guys master at some point. Wonder if she still is but then that would make her too much like palpatine and surely they arent going to copy that.
    vernestra is an established character. https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Vernestra_Rwoh
    looks similar
    mqn5dj4643sf.png
    but maybe this is how you look at 116
    353c9c8j7n1s.png
    One could think you'll have more wrinkles after 100(considering your race lives usually up to 68, rarely 74). Like Palps... but what do fans know about power of many
    anyway, Just wanted to point that anything is possible. Green Jedi might be anything in current lore, even Darth Revan in disguise.
  • Options
    hm... the scars do look like whipmarks. good catch if true!
Sign In or Register to comment.