Best defensive Leviathan comp?

At the moment on attack i use phantom 2 to get the instakill of the sith interceptor, but that made me beg the question : how does the AI hold up with the phantom 2 on defense? Will it mis-use and get it out on priority?

I also swapped emperor's ship for Hound's Tooth,since I saw a few people using it to get into timeout territory,apparently it helps.

I am looking for the best team to hold on defense in arena vs other levis.

I am mostly faster than anyone else (thanks to relics) and i have no issue on attack, but i want to do better on defense , and that's what brings me here to theorycraft a bit the best way to hold up in defense.

And yes I know there's Scythe team that beats Levi,but we don't have many of those .

Replies

• Options
    newbornFL wrote: »
    At the moment on attack i use phantom 2 to get the instakill of the sith interceptor, but that made me beg the question : how does the AI hold up with the phantom 2 on defense? Will it mis-use and get it out on priority?

I also swapped emperor's ship for Hound's Tooth,since I saw a few people using it to get into timeout territory,apparently it helps.

I am mostly faster than anyone else (thanks to relics) and i have no issue on attack, but i want to do better on defense , and that's what brings me here to theorycraft a bit the best way to hold up in defense.

And yes I know there's Scythe team that beats Levi,but we don't have many of those .

I'm guessing you're not a part of your fleet shard chat...

I'm not a big fan of setting a hard defense in fleet arena. If you have an organized shard, all it's doing is making everyone elses climb harder - which is likely to make you unpopular and open you up to people 'accidentally' hitting you during your payout hour. I've heard of using phantom in the fleet but I've never used it, and I've only ever see it hinder my opponent when it gets called early. I have no idea how HT works in that scenario. Seems to me it would be easy to dispatch with so much damage under protection on the attacking fleet.
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • EdSolo
    425 posts Member
    Options
    AI miss uses phantom 2 all the time. It very rarely, if ever, calls phantom 2, and then another ship after it for the instakill. It quite often calls phantom, and then sabotage the hangers or even the capital ship basis instead of back to back reinforcements.

I find the hardest comp to deal with is when you have removed protection from sith bomber and Palp shuttle comes in as first reinforcement and puts protection back on bomber. Especially if you have lost one or two coin flips at that point between who goes first and then who's SA goes first.
  • Options
    newbornFL wrote: »

I'm guessing you're not a part of your fleet shard chat...

I'm not a big fan of setting a hard defense in fleet arena. If you have an organized shard, all it's doing is making everyone elses climb harder - which is likely to make you unpopular and open you up to people 'accidentally' hitting you during your payout hour. I've heard of using phantom in the fleet but I've never used it, and I've only ever see it hinder my opponent when it gets called early. I have no idea how HT works in that scenario. Seems to me it would be easy to dispatch with so much damage under protection on the attacking fleet.

No no i am in a shard chat, but we are quite irregular ,we do respect each other but at a minimum level,howevere ,there are a lot of outsiders that do not care at all , we've tried to contact them for 3-4 years now.

No answer.
  • Screerider
    1501 posts Member
    Options
    So, outside of arena, a good defense would be useful in GAC and TW.
  • Options
    Screerider wrote: »
    So, outside of arena, a good defense would be useful in GAC and TW.

Not if it uses hounds tooth...
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • Screerider
    1501 posts Member
    Options
    Kinda depends where they're at.