[MEGA THREAD] Battle for Naboo

Replies

• Options
    Yeah, let's just remove below g12 toons and add in R9! Why? How many people have a full R9 team, let along the toons we can use on this raid.
  • Options
    Yeah, let's just remove below g12 toons and add in R9! Why? How many people have a full R9 team, let along the toons we can use on this raid.

Like the guy before you said, LV0 is the base and doesn't have any special bonuses so there's not much point in listing it.

Otherwise, yeah, I agree with the R9 part of what you said. Getting R8-9 materials is a bit easier because of the raid tokens, but not to the point that I'm able or willing to spend those materials on weak characters just to get a few more points in a raid that'll just be pushed aside in 8-9 months.
  • LordOfVoids
    55 posts Member
    edited June 19
    Options

Otherwise, yeah, I agree with the R9 part of what you said. Getting R8-9 materials is a bit easier because of the raid tokens, but not to the point that I'm able or willing to spend those materials on weak characters just to get a few more points in a raid that'll just be pushed aside in 8-9 months.

Yeah cuz Droid Brains are buyable with the guild raid currency. With only able to get 20 a month assuming your in a guild who can win 4 times in a row or 4 of you lose 4 times.
    I agree, I don't want to R9 people just for less then a year of tiny bit better rewards assuming my guildmates are able to help get to the next box.
    Great idea CG putting R9 mats on TWs.
  • Options

Yeah cuz Droid Brains are buyable with the guild raid currency. With only able to get 20 a month assuming your in a guild who can win 4 times in a row or 4 of you lose 4 times.
    Great idea CG putting R9 mats on TWs.

I was talking about the other two parts for those Relic levels, the ones that can be bought with raid currency, hence why I said a BIT easier (in the sense that you don't have to spend hundreds of G12+ pieces to get a single character from R8 to R9). I still agree with you, though. I'm not about to waste so many materials and signal data for a few bonus points in a temporary raid.
  • Options
    Are CG spiteful or just have a bad sense of humor?
    I can't use Gungans in Naboo raid they took away the level 0 multiplier and replaced it with level 7 multiplier.
    Why not keep both level 0 and level 7 multiplier???
    I upgraded Gungans to 5 stars gear 11 and they are useless now, like Trench on tha bench.
    Gungans takes just as long as ships to farm.

Please anybody where can I use Gungans 5 star gear11 NOW?!
    Level 1 multiplier=gear 12 minimum

Every endgame player that cares about raids and doing diligent farms should have the 4 farmable gungans 7* by now. And knowing how OP they are and that they were going to be in a raid, they should be relic'd as well.

If you aren't an endgame player, I don't think this raid is for you.
  • TargetEadu
    1715 posts Member
    Options
    Are CG spiteful or just have a bad sense of humor?
    I can't use Gungans in Naboo raid they took away the level 0 multiplier and replaced it with level 7 multiplier.
    Why not keep both level 0 and level 7 multiplier???
    I upgraded Gungans to 5 stars gear 11 and they are useless now, like Trench on tha bench.
    Gungans takes just as long as ships to farm.

Please anybody where can I use Gungans 5 star gear11 NOW?!
    Level 1 multiplier=gear 12 minimum

Every endgame player that cares about raids and doing diligent farms should have the 4 farmable gungans 7* by now. And knowing how OP they are and that they were going to be in a raid, they should be relic'd as well.

If you aren't an endgame player, I don't think this raid is for you.

Gungans aren’t for non-endgame players. If this Naboo raid takes the same cadence as Krayt and Speeder Bikes, then the raid is absolutely for more than endgame.

Losing Raid Mk 3 is a big deal for anyone.
  • Options
    TargetEadu wrote: »

I can't speak to the early- and mid-game experience. But if Mk3 is important enough, we've had plenty of time and bonus shard opportunities to have the 4 farmable Gungans ready.
  • Options
    imac1780 wrote: »
    If you want to be consistent, these Jedi do not appear in Ep 1:
    Shaak Ti
    Aayla Secura
    Kelleran Beq
    Kit Fisto
    Luminara Unduli

If you're going to include GR characters that existed but didn't appear then you should also include Separatists that existed but didn't appear:
    General Grievous
    Geonosians
    Count Dooku (since we don't have a LS version)
    Jango Fett
    Wat Tambor

The Separatist movement started AFTER the events of Episode 1, so the toons you mentioned don't really "exist" yet in their role as Separatists. The Geonosians & Wat Tambor had no impact on any of these events since the Separatists movement had not yet formally started. Count Dooku was still in the Jedi Order during the Battle of Naboo, and Grevious wasn't "made" until Dooku had left so neither of them should be here. Jango Fett wasn't recruited for cloning until after Sifo-Dyas was killed which was the same year as the Battle of Naboo so he's rightfully left out as well.

Nute Gunray, STAP, B1 Battledroids, and Droidekas are all from the Trade Federation so they're rightfully there. The only toons that ARE allowed but maybe shouldn't be are the B2 Battledroids and the MagnaGuards.
  • Options

I can't speak to the early- and mid-game experience. But if Mk3 is important enough, we've had plenty of time and bonus shard opportunities to have the 4 farmable Gungans ready.

Disagree hard here. Close to 7* is vvvv fair but 7* and relic by now is a far stretch
  • Options

Disagree hard here. Close to 7* is vvvv fair but 7* and relic by now is a far stretch

Between the bonus shards event and the Marquee changes, most f2p and ex-spenders in my guild have been done for about a week or so <shrug>

Regardless, raid is still weeks away. At that point, definitely no excuse.
  • Options

Between the bonus shards event and the Marquee changes, most f2p and ex-spenders in my guild have been done for about a week or so <shrug>

Regardless, raid is still weeks away. At that point, definitely no excuse.

If the raid is a couple weeks away still, absolutely agree to not at least have them 7* across the board by then. Personally have them all 6* and getting closer but I didn’t spend more than around 1000 crystals on refreshes during the bonus drop events
  • TargetEadu
    1715 posts Member
    Options
    I’m just not quite end-game enough to justify swapping all my current farms to get Gungans. Have JML, Inqs, and JKCK to get caught up on first, at least.
  • Options

My Phalanx is 70/100 toward 7*, but in general I agree with you about Gungans, so long as JarJar makes another appearance before the raid begins.

The problem with the character collection argument isn't the Gungans, though. It's that there also has to be a reasonable opportunity to get POW and MQG to 7-stars and they're not even farmable yet. So either the raid is a long way off, or I strongly disagree with CG's current approach.
  • ItsNotMe
    104 posts Member
    Options
    We really should have more Seps and GR/Jedi that allows people to use more of their overall roster.

And miss me with the “they weren’t there” or whatever lore rationale. That isn’t CG’s logic behind designing these events.
  • Rebuc
    97 posts Member
    Options
    Looks great, but I want to ask the important question..

Can we just auto this one like the speeder "raid"?

Obviously with multiple restarts due to RNG because "reasons".
  • LordDirt
    5233 posts Member
    Options
    Zen0001 wrote: »
    Only 6 out of 30 characters are female (counting Droideka). Barriss Offee and Padme excluded, no bonus for Queen Amidala.
    **** is wrong with you CG? Inclusivity matters.

Inclusivity was created to divide. No need for it.
    We needed Cobb Vanth shards for Krayt Dragon raid, Endor Gear Luke shards for Speeder Bike raid and Anakin Skywalker shards for Battle for Naboo raid?
  • MoBlaq
    586 posts Member
    Options
    Drak1194 wrote: »
    Shocked to see sith bonuses yet only 2 sith characters in the whole list…..

Maybe the next GL is going be a Sith Separatist?
  • Options
    can someone explain the benefits of having a new raids if it just means that rewards get shifted over one slot with the old raids you got better rewards each time with this you get content that will get stale very quickly but require gearing up to get the same thing
  • LordDirt
    5233 posts Member
    Options
    meowstef wrote: »
    can someone explain the benefits of having a new raids if it just means that rewards get shifted over one slot with the old raids you got better rewards each time with this you get content that will get stale very quickly but require gearing up to get the same thing

You would rather play the same raid forever?
    We needed Cobb Vanth shards for Krayt Dragon raid, Endor Gear Luke shards for Speeder Bike raid and Anakin Skywalker shards for Battle for Naboo raid?
  • Azpiri
    49 posts Member
    Options

Rather than "encourage" you to have a diverse roster, it forces you to have a diverse roster. Otherwise, the game will get stale. Reinvigorated game play encourages growth of not just the game's player base, but it makes your roster base stronger and allows for better competition in the long run. Now, when you go to GAC, you'll have more of a selection of counters to choose from.

• Azpiri
    49 posts Member
    Options
    Some things of note: In order to get the R9 Faction Bonus for the Jedi... you have to have Mace Windu at R9. The MQJ/POW AB is also encouraging R9 for those characters. You will still need a Jedi Healer leader, so that's Luminara. And you then might as well throw in Qadme to get the synergy bonuses for MQJ/POW - though Qadme won't be in the leader spot (haven't really looked on how badly this will affect that synergy).

Sadly, GMY and R2 are at r8 due to JMK and Leia, respectively. They could be bumped up to R9, but you're going to have "leftovers" at the R9 level and a waste of resources. Unless of course, you go with two undersized teams at R9. However, Mace can only be on one team - so only one R9 team will get that faction bonus.

Again, I know I might be stating the obvious - or these are things that people "already know". I'm just putting my thoughts to paper.
  • ItsNotMe
    104 posts Member
    Options
    LordDirt wrote: »

The last fun raid we had was HSTR and yeah I’d rather have been playing that this entire time.
  • flux_rono
    2148 posts Member
    Options
    imac1780 wrote: »
    If you're going to include GR characters that existed but didn't appear then you should also include Separatists that existed but didn't appear:
    General Grievous

pretty sure Greivous wasn't "made" until after the Battle for Naboo. like he existed but he want his cyborg/droid self, that happened after Dooku left the jedi I'm pretty sure (which is after the Battle for Nabbo)
  • Options
    ItsNotMe wrote: »

The last fun raid we had was HSTR and yeah I’d rather have been playing that this entire time.

I did love HSTR for its time, but man it had gotten stale, imo.

Surprised you didn't like Krayt, at least at first <shrug>
  • Options
    ItsNotMe wrote: »

I did love HSTR for its time, but man it had gotten stale, imo.

Surprised you didn't like Krayt, at least at first <shrug>

My guess is they liked the HSTR because it had exciting, yet easily understandable mechanics and we could theory craft as much as we wanted. Meanwhile, the Krayt raid had new and exciting mechanics but it got stale quickly because we were forced to use the same characters and comps every time. With the Speeder raid, it has mechanics that make little to no sense, you're still forced to use the same characters every time you play it and the closest we get to theory crafting is being able to put Rebels and Imps in the same team, and even then it doesn't come close to some of the things people have come up with for the Sith raid.
  • Options
    That Anakin/Nightsister squad for crushing p3 was crazy-fun.
  • TVF
    36858 posts Member
    Options
    That Anakin/Nightsister squad for crushing p3 was crazy-fun.

I heard they're still looking into nerfing it
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Surely Kelleren Beq was busy helping train Yoda & Yaddle's youngling around the time of Phantom Menace, no?

Unless there's some Disney retcon I'm not aware of placing him in a cantina on Naboo.
  • LordDirt
    5233 posts Member
    edited June 23
    Options
    Surely Kelleren Beq was busy helping train Yoda & Yaddle's youngling around the time of Phantom Menace, no?

Unless there's some Disney retcon I'm not aware of placing him in a cantina on Naboo.

Grogu was 10 during TPM, the same age as Anakin so maybe he was already in training.
  • Options
    Hi!

Are the additional effects / faction bonuses cumulative as you go up in difficulty levels?

(eg in Level 4 it says "Faction Bonus: Galactic Republic: If the ally in the Leader slot is a Healer: Whenever they use a Special ability increase target enemy cooldowns by 1." --- is that also active in Level 5, 6, and 7??

Thanks!