Replies

• Gannon
    1692 posts Member
    Options
    TargetEadu wrote: »
    TargetEadu wrote: »
    Gawejn wrote: »
    ItsNotMe wrote: »
    7 attempts so far on our second raid run and I can’t match my last raid max score with Luminara Jedi on R5 tier equipped with my best mods. TRASH, WAY too many RNG variables and runs take too long to be doing the same thing over and over ad nauseam hoping for things to line up. Please throw this raid all the way in the dumpster!!! 🚮🚮🚮

At least Endor was fast and reliable.

If you dont use somewhere else Aayla Secura put her in team with Lumi. Itbis easy max score always

I second Aayla. Mace and GMY are also good if you’re struggling with just Lumi+Kit - Mace can swap turns to keep Kit taking turns or general utility, and GMY can spread Potency Up to refresh the duration.

Just be careful of buff dispell from lead droid.

Right, but that’s going to be a problem no matter what Lumi team you use.

Use the third ship ability to remove that healer command droid from the equation, makes a huge impact
  • Options
    To me this raid is boring.

Putting aside the teams (I have KAM, QA, POW, MQGJ, 4 of the 5 Gungans, R5 Seppies -working on STAP) and bought the Jedi LS bundle, so I'm not hurting on teams. I was clearing 10 mil on Endor, easy. Right now I'm doing 3.1 million on Naboo. My guild on Endor hit for 180 million and now we're at 34.6 million. We went from the 6th box to the 3rd. Raid 3 currency from 3,000 to 1,500.

Here's the thing: you have to sit down and take all the attack (*and* bonus attacks) the Clankers make, have to deal with 2 droids that go invulnerable to damage at the drop of a hat, plus insane healing numbers, plus thick, thick, thiccccc tanks, invisible mobs that lock up behind an unkillable mob, and...and... they get 1% per attack, so they can lock you down and earn 20-30% enrage ticker while healing and blasting your attempt out of the water.

I have 2 very efficient teams,5 gungans, 5 GR's, 8 seppies, 7 leftover jedis... but they are not all R8. My takeage has taken a hit and it will take me 2x as longer to farm and if I were to purchase those resources to get them to R8...buckle up:
    It would mean pausing my current objectives and devoting everything to a raid that will likely be done when I finish reliquing 30 characters. I have 1 R8 (R2), 6 R7's (all Gungans (not tarpals (R5) and Jar Jar (still locked),Sidious and DM), 1 R6: B2. The rest are R5, with Stap, Jedi Consular, Aayla and Guardian at gear 8.

It would be worthwhile, but the raid is boring, like I mentioned. Most of the time you're taking hits. Or seething at the clankers healing or putting you behind a taunt. Or the droidekas swing and go invulnerable.

I'd suggest getting rid of the massive TM the clankers win.
    Or toning down their heals.
    Or limiting the invulnerabilities.
    or limiting the enrage ticks.

The previous raids had their level of difficulty, but they were never boring to me.
    This one is a chore, and a dreary one.
  • Gawejn
    1162 posts Member
    Options
    To me this raid is boring.

Putting aside the teams (I have KAM, QA, POW, MQGJ, 4 of the 5 Gungans, R5 Seppies -working on STAP) and bought the Jedi LS bundle, so I'm not hurting on teams. I was clearing 10 mil on Endor, easy. Right now I'm doing 3.1 million on Naboo. My guild on Endor hit for 180 million and now we're at 34.6 million. We went from the 6th box to the 3rd. Raid 3 currency from 3,000 to 1,500.

Here's the thing: you have to sit down and take all the attack (*and* bonus attacks) the Clankers make, have to deal with 2 droids that go invulnerable to damage at the drop of a hat, plus insane healing numbers, plus thick, thick, thiccccc tanks, invisible mobs that lock up behind an unkillable mob, and...and... they get 1% per attack, so they can lock you down and earn 20-30% enrage ticker while healing and blasting your attempt out of the water.

I have 2 very efficient teams,5 gungans, 5 GR's, 8 seppies, 7 leftover jedis... but they are not all R8. My takeage has taken a hit and it will take me 2x as longer to farm and if I were to purchase those resources to get them to R8...buckle up:
    It would mean pausing my current objectives and devoting everything to a raid that will likely be done when I finish reliquing 30 characters. I have 1 R8 (R2), 6 R7's (all Gungans (not tarpals (R5) and Jar Jar (still locked),Sidious and DM), 1 R6: B2. The rest are R5, with Stap, Jedi Consular, Aayla and Guardian at gear 8.

It would be worthwhile, but the raid is boring, like I mentioned. Most of the time you're taking hits. Or seething at the clankers healing or putting you behind a taunt. Or the droidekas swing and go invulnerable.

I'd suggest getting rid of the massive TM the clankers win.
    Or toning down their heals.
    Or limiting the invulnerabilities.
    or limiting the enrage ticks.

The previous raids had their level of difficulty, but they were never boring to me.
    This one is a chore, and a dreary one.

I have different expierience than you especially with luminara team. Seeing so many counters without doing amything and making max score in 3 minutes without remoding team....just fun.....
  • Options
    ItsNotMe wrote: »
    I feel like a lot of people are confusing "this is a bad raid" with "I can't get a good score in this raid".

In what new raid ever did people go into it the first couple of times scoring their best?

So far, the raid is beautiful. It has an epic feel. The mechanics are distinct but not the hard departure from normal game play that endor was (though this wasn't really a negative in my book). Team comps are interesting. Strategies are challenging but not overly so.

I'm a little annoyed that we have to deal with a dip in rewards for a while - and I honestly don't know if my guild will return to the same level that we were getting in the Endor raid - but so far, from what I've seen the raid is interesting and well done (bugs not withstanding). I have no doubt that it will get stale once I have my teams sorted and it becomes more of a chore than an interesting departure. But for now I'm pretty happy with the raid itself.

With regards to rewards - I feel like they should move ALL of the MK3 to the personal reward track - that way people can benefit from heavy investment in raid characters, even in casual guilds. It might also get more people to try harder if they knew they didn't have to rely on everyone else trying equally hard.

If you’re talking (in part) to me: did you miss the part where I said I already got a max score? My gripe is in the unreasonably amount of time and RNG factors it potentially takes to reproduce that score, after I already invested a tremendous amount of time trying to max my mods for a particular team. And presumably, we’ll have to spend as much time trying to reproduce max scores with certain teams, EVERY raid run for the next several months. That’s incredibly frustrating and not fun gameplay at all.

You know would fix that? The ability to sim our last saved result!

Bingo. I had to struggle for the better part of an hour to get the same score with QueenA, MasterQ, PadawanO, Mace and Ki-Adi. You really, really need to do perfect and have a lot of luck to keep control of the situation. 7 months of this will be torture.
  • Options

I have different expierience than you especially with luminara team. Seeing so many counters without doing amything and making max score in 3 minutes without remoding team....just fun.....

Nice. Could you post your link so I can take a look at her? I noticed the one-two punch with the HoT's, but my Lumi has not been a serious PC since the days you had squad arena teams with Qu-Gon lead, Dooku, Phasma, OG Kylo and Rey (scavenger).
    Also, Makashi Form really let me move that team from 800 to 900k.,
  • Gawejn
    1162 posts Member
    edited July 10
    Options

Nice. Could you post your link so I can take a look at her? I noticed the one-two punch with the HoT's, but my Lumi has not been a serious PC since the days you had squad arena teams with Qu-Gon lead, Dooku, Phasma, OG Kylo and Rey (scavenger).
    Also, Makashi Form really let me move that team from 800 to 900k.,

1689at62lfn0.jpg
    Need stats for lumi? If so 70k h, 60 k prot 220 speed 5k ph off
  • Devian
    688 posts Member
    edited July 12
    Options
    Devian wrote: »
    MaxBane wrote: »
    and three crap jedi no one has ever cared about until now (namely Kit Fisto, Eeth Koth, Jedi Guardian).
    Jedi Consular, Plo Koon, Aayla Secura, Luminara Unduli, Darth Maul, .
    Plus, currently mediocre/situational Shaak Ti, Darth Sidious

Beq lead works just fine for 2nd Jedi team. Jedi Consular is completely optional; ignore him.

High relic PK is a pretty critical part of Neg vs Exec. If you didn't already have him r7+, your GAC fleets will thank you for bumping him up for the raid.

Darth Maul, Darth Sidious, Shaak Ti, and Aayla are GL reqs (iirc), so they are hardly a sunk gear cost if you didn't have them relic'd already.

That leaves Lumi--the only character in your list I had to put actual gear on (was G8 for me, I think). Yeah, she's awful.

But gearing up one terrible Jedi isn't a huge ask, imo. I think people may have forgotten the level of investment we made in HSTR teams that were obsolete not long after--e.g. Visas Marr, Chex Mix, machine gun Leia, Talia, etc. But some of those came back around later.

Needing to boost relics on teams should also not be a big surprise. I had to boost relics on several ITs and "useless" rebels for Endor. Similarly with Tuskens and certain Jedi and Mandos for Krayt. Again, some of these wound up paying dividends, despite feeling sunk at the time.

I get the low-tier balance complaints. I get that the team comp choices are extremely narrowly chosen by CG. I don't get the complaints about which characters are required, though.
    So, if Eeth Koth and Jedi Guardian will be a requirement for GL Ahsoka their kits will be good? Plus, you do realise all those characters you don't use in TW, TB, GA require either mods or mod management where you need to create tons of templates to switch.
    If TRASH character is required of any event that character will remain trash. IF DC sudenly makes CUP solo killer of any GL that won't make CUP any less trash, just DK being OP
    P.S. you need potency up with HOT. So Kit Fisto is mandatory
    and he either goes with QuAmidala under JC, or under Lumi. IF you want 2 GR and don't have POw and JMQGJ or 3 GR teams.
  • Options
    MaxBane wrote: »
    and three crap jedi no one has ever cared about until now (namely Kit Fisto, Eeth Koth, Jedi Guardian).
    Jedi Consular, Plo Koon, Aayla Secura, Luminara Unduli, Darth Maul, .
    Plus, currently mediocre/situational Shaak Ti, Darth Sidious

Beq lead works just fine for 2nd Jedi team. Jedi Consular is completely optional; ignore him.

High relic PK is a pretty critical part of Neg vs Exec. If you didn't already have him r7+, your GAC fleets will thank you for bumping him up for the raid.

Darth Maul, Darth Sidious, Shaak Ti, and Aayla are GL reqs (iirc), so they are hardly a sunk gear cost if you didn't have them relic'd already.

That leaves Lumi--the only character in your list I had to put actual gear on (was G8 for me, I think). Yeah, she's awful.

But gearing up one terrible Jedi isn't a huge ask, imo. I think people may have forgotten the level of investment we made in HSTR teams that were obsolete not long after--e.g. Visas Marr, Chex Mix, machine gun Leia, Talia, etc. But some of those came back around later.

Needing to boost relics on teams should also not be a big surprise. I had to boost relics on several ITs and "useless" rebels for Endor. Similarly with Tuskens and certain Jedi and Mandos for Krayt. Again, some of these wound up paying dividends, despite feeling sunk at the time.

I get the low-tier balance complaints. I get that the team comp choices are extremely narrowly chosen by CG. I don't get the complaints about which characters are required, though.
    So, if Eeth Koth and Jedi Guardian will be a requirement for GL Ahsoka their kits will be good? Plus, you do realise all those characters you don't use in TW, TB, GA require either mods or mod management where you need to create tons of templates to switch.
    If TRASH character is required of any event that character will remain trash. IF DC sudenly makes CUP solo killer of any GL that won't make CUP any less trash, just DK being OP
    P.S. you need potency up with HOT. So Kit Fisto is mandatory
    and he either goes with QuAmidala under JC, or under Lumi. IF you want 2 GR and don't have POw and JMQGJ or 3 GR teams.

You quoted me, but I don't feel like you're response is directed at me, so...

EK and JG are not needed for this raid. Ignore them unless you already have them high relic for TB or for the memes.

I didn't defend any of the kits. Lumi and Kit are good in the raid and trash elsewhere. Just like some toons are amazing in GAC and trash in TW or vice versa. Maybe the characters I boosted solely for the raid (Lumi and Kit) will just collect dust after the raid settles. Having a r8 Aayla doesn't feel great either. I would have preferred to have left the Gungans, Mace, Beq, and KAM at r7. But that's just how this game works. Once you're endgame, you just farm shards and DCs and relic what CG pseudo-forces you to.
  • Badger_Diaz
    255 posts Member
    edited July 14
    Options
    Removing mk3 from endor has set a large proportion of the player base backwards.

Let alone the new raid being unplayable for a majority of guilds that simply do not have such neiche rosters to get mk3 tokens.

Stands to reason that there’s going to be a lot of sour grapes if roster development is set back extensively by a new raid that barely anyone will/can even play.

I get the idea for new content to be accessible for those willing to invest in it.

But to punish players for not investing in the new content by removing crucial rewards in modes they’ve already invested in…

Just does not sit right with me.