[MEGA THREAD] July 2024 Road Ahead

2Next

Replies

• Options
    Jar jar event date please !!
    Excited for Baylon and my fav hottie SHIN!
  • Options
    I love the new portraits. They are awesome and I only wish that the toons looked at least half as good as their miniatures.
    I'm a bit disappointed that there is no Phantom Menace stuff in the RA, but it still was nice.
    Can't wait for the next Cal event.
  • Options
    Drak1194 wrote: »
    Worst road ahead ever….. hey guys here we are adding more toons for you to whale on and nothing on qol or game issues or nee content…… thanks and have a good day

Totally... Only toons for whale lol
  • Options
    new raid naboo must be fixed
  • Options
    Drak1194 wrote: »
    Worst road ahead ever….. hey guys here we are adding more toons for you to whale on and nothing on qol or game issues or nee content…… thanks and have a good day

I don’t remember them saying Thanks.
  • Options
    The new artwork is thoroughly disgusting. Whoever green lighted that needs to be fired

The same Picasso’s who worked on LOTR : HOME.
  • Options
    DarthGrff wrote: »
    Lame road ahead. Could’ve at least released the first set of Ahsoka reqs. This felt more like a state of the galaxy, and a bad one at that

More like the Road of Marquees or Road of Datacrons

• Options
    Elpapi1958 wrote: »
    Jar jar event date please !!
    Excited for Baylon and my fav hottie SHIN!

I love shin too. Makes great stew.

In other news, by putting the Great Mothers on a power level similar to Gungans, I hope CG don't mean another team that can literally break the game.

If you're not going to test in-house, at least let those on the PC have a PTR to test on.
  • Options
    What about JKCal in the journey event? A few members in my guild are waiting. It’s been well over a year now
  • Options
    Hello There HH XD Hope you are all hyped after reading the Road Ahead Xd
    Since they have officially confirmed more Ahsoka Content I was wondering if is there any chance to have another version of Anakin SkyWalker? I mean why not? We all love Hayden and that should not be a bad idea to have more of him in SWGOH
    The one that we saw in the Ahsoka Show with the cool Red Light Saber , maybe we could call it Anakin SkyWalker Fallen Jedi (world between worlds) and give him a neutral tag maybe??
    I know some people like new Characters to be added in the game and I respect their attitude but it would be really nice to see another version of Anakin especially now that we are going to have a GL version of Ahsoka (^o^)
    Wish ya all the best :-D
  • Cois4
    32 posts Member
    Options
    The road ahead looks a lot like : get your wallets out and prepare to give us more money, so maybe you dont focus on the problems so much, wich have been bothering to the player base for over 6 months……..directing focus away from existing issues, by introducing new issues, isnt much of ‘a road ahead’

The pc player is Nice , but Lets just focus on making this ‘mobile game’ function flawless First because at this point its very far from flawless and the only reason that many StarWars fanboys wont just quit playing is because we are StarWars fanboys………
  • Zenbreon
    327 posts Member
    edited July 3
    Options
    I (believe) I signed up for the open beta before the road ahead was released, but I do not have the email. My SWGoH account is Blue Midnight.

Any reason why?
  • Options
    I truly don't care about any of this, put Jedi cal in the goddamn journey guide, you're just taking the **** now, you can accelerate kneesa, put out naboo, add all these stupid updated images but can't add him permanently to the journey guide. This is just disrespectful at this point, it's currently 4 days past the year mark and nothing, pull your finger out and do your job for once
  • Options
    Zenbreon wrote: »
    I (believe) I signed up for the open beta before the road ahead was released, but I do not have the email. My SWGoH account is Blue Midnight.

Any reason why?

I don't know if they've sent out emails yet or if they've pulled the trigger on granting access to everyone that signed up - but when I was granted access weeks ago I didn't get an email. I had to go into the EA client and check my library and the game was there for download. Have you looked?
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • Zenbreon
    327 posts Member
    Options

Any reason why?

I don't know if they've sent out emails yet or if they've pulled the trigger on granting access to everyone that signed up - but when I was granted access weeks ago I didn't get an email. I had to go into the EA client and check my library and the game was there for download. Have you looked?

Just checked, it wasn't there... my guess/hope is they haven't sent it out yet
  • HKFactory
    377 posts Member
    Options
    Hm, interesting stuff. So the Great Mothers are all a single character huh? I’ll have to keep that in mind that a large enough group of people can make a large character.
  • Laslow
    2 posts Member
    Options

Any reason why?

Is your EA account connected to your SWGOH account? My invitation was in the spam (Gmail) and I didn't even get a notification.
  • Options
    HKFactory wrote: »
    Hm, interesting stuff. So the Great Mothers are all a single character huh? I’ll have to keep that in mind that a large enough group of people can make a large character.

The 3 of them work as one single unit so it makes sense to me. It’s not like the droids that have multiples of them (B1 for example)
  • LordDirt
    5233 posts Member
    Options
    I think it is a good idea to not have them be individual units. They were not too different and collecting three units would be a bigger pain plus would only give them two other units in their squad
    We needed Cobb Vanth shards for Krayt Dragon raid, Endor Gear Luke shards for Speeder Bike raid and Anakin Skywalker shards for Battle for Naboo raid?
  • Zenbreon
    327 posts Member
    Options
    Laslow wrote: »

Any reason why?

Is your EA account connected to your SWGOH account? My invitation was in the spam (Gmail) and I didn't even get a notification.

Yeah it's connected
  • Whatelse73
    2250 posts Member
    Options
    So while it might've been briefly discussed, you are going to make MORE "new shiny!" teams that destroy Galactic Legends? You know, the characters that are supposed to be "the top tier" characters in this game? QA and Gungans both do way too well against GL's and you indicated these new teams would be gungan level equivalent. So GLs aren't really GLs, the new shiny are the galactic legends, until the next new shiny you release?

Seriously CG, what's the point of making Galactic Legends if you're going to crap on them with every new team that you release? It is demoralizing that you keep doing that.

How long after GL Ahsoka is released will you make a new team that makes her absolutely worthless? 2 months? 3? (Oh, after you fix all the bugs her and her team will have of course.)
  • herd_nerfer
    2169 posts Member
    Options
    Whatelse73 wrote: »
    So while it might've been briefly discussed, you are going to make MORE "new shiny!" teams that destroy Galactic Legends? You know, the characters that are supposed to be "the top tier" characters in this game? QA and Gungans both do way too well against GL's and you indicated these new teams would be gungan level equivalent. So GLs aren't really GLs, the new shiny are the galactic legends, until the next new shiny you release?

Seriously CG, what's the point of making Galactic Legends if you're going to crap on them with every new team that you release? It is demoralizing that you keep doing that.

How long after GL Ahsoka is released will you make a new team that makes her absolutely worthless? 2 months? 3? (Oh, after you fix all the bugs her and her team will have of course.)

They're not going to go back and nerf all those teams that have already been released to return GLs to the brick wall defense posture that they were for a while. I think CG heard us when the community cried out at all the off-meta counters to GLs being nerfed a couple of years ago - people ENJOY beating GLs with non-GL teams - I know I do. It's also possible that they realized that only having a single release every year (the annual GL release) to move the meta forward wasn't going to keep people interested.

The fact is, love it or hate it, datacrons define the meta now. That doesn't mean GLs aren't meaningful, and it doesn't mean GLs aren't good to have. All other things being equal (skill level, mods, etc) the person with more GLs tends to do better in ALL game modes.

I challenge you to point at a single GL that is "absolutely worthless". You can't. They all have their uses, and even the one(s) that aren't worthwhile on defense during any given datacron cycle have heavy offensive uses, not to mention PVE utility.

By all means, skip the new GL if you think it's not worthwhile - but this line of thinking that GLs are the end-all-be-all of power in this game is archaic at this point. The game has moved forward - maybe our perception of GLs should as well.
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • Whatelse73
    2250 posts Member
    Options
    Whatelse73 wrote: »

They're not going to go back and nerf all those teams that have already been released to return GLs to the brick wall defense posture that they were for a while. I think CG heard us when the community cried out at all the off-meta counters to GLs being nerfed a couple of years ago - people ENJOY beating GLs with non-GL teams - I know I do. It's also possible that they realized that only having a single release every year (the annual GL release) to move the meta forward wasn't going to keep people interested.

The fact is, love it or hate it, datacrons define the meta now. That doesn't mean GLs aren't meaningful, and it doesn't mean GLs aren't good to have. All other things being equal (skill level, mods, etc) the person with more GLs tends to do better in ALL game modes.

I challenge you to point at a single GL that is "absolutely worthless". You can't. They all have their uses, and even the one(s) that aren't worthwhile on defense during any given datacron cycle have heavy offensive uses, not to mention PVE utility.

By all means, skip the new GL if you think it's not worthwhile - but this line of thinking that GLs are the end-all-be-all of power in this game is archaic at this point. The game has moved forward - maybe our perception of GLs should as well.

It hasn't moved forward, it has gone backwards. They're doing the same thing other games have done before. MSF and Raid both saturated players with solid teams and then began releasing the newest team/character to destroy the last one. (One of the reasons I quit both of those)

If CG wants to retcon their "character Tier list" then fine, but do it officially instead of ignoring that they showed us that. They aren't following a plan / strategy that they implemented. Again, the issue is the "new shiny" becoming the bestest (with or without bugs). It keeps happening and that's annoying.

And yes, Datacrons make that impact worse.
  • Options
    I thought the road ahead said everyone who subscribed to the PC Beta was going to get access but I haven't got an email or anything and I registered to the beta since the first week that it was announced... anyone else going through the same?
  • Options
    I thought the road ahead said everyone who subscribed to the PC Beta was going to get access but I haven't got an email or anything and I registered to the beta since the first week that it was announced... anyone else going through the same?

I didn't get an email, but it has now appeared in my EA library.
  • Zenbreon
    327 posts Member
    Options

I didn't get an email, but it has now appeared in my EA library.

I've been checking constantly it's still not there : (
  • Options
    I would love to see more updated models like for older characters specifically
    Tarkin, Krennic, Stormtrooper/TIE Pilot/Magma Trooper, Hera etc.

But some new characters who were iconic would be nice.
    Like (A New Hope: General Tagge, Admiral Motti, Colonel Yularen, General Romodi, Chief Bast, General Dodona)
    (Empire Strikes Back: Admiral Ozzel, General Rieekan, Captain Needa, At-At Driver)(Nebulon B Frigate)
    (Return of the Jedi: Moff Jerjerrod, Gherant”Piett’s Aide”, General Calrissian, Nien Numb, Damaged Vader, At-St Driver)(A-Wing)
    (Phantom Menace: Podracer Anakin, Shmi Skywalker, Watto, Hooded Maul, Captain Panaka)(Padme’s Royal Fighter, N1 Starfighter, Nute Gunray’s Lucrehulk)
    (Attack of the Clones: Mullet Kenobi, Padawan Anakin, B1 3P0, Dex)(Dooku’s Solar Sailor, Republic Gunship, Jango Fett’s Slave 1)
    (Revenge of the Sith: Chancellor Palpatine, Commander Bly, Commander Gree, Commander Bacara, Appo, Bail Organa, Red Robes Sideous, Mas Amedda)(Chancellor Papatine’s Shuttle, Obi-Wan’s Jedi Starfighter, Grievous’ Bomber or The Invisible Hand)
    (Clone Wars: Commander Fox, Commander Thorn, Tactical Droid, Admiral Yularen, B1 Commander, B1 Security “literally so much potential here”)(Anakin’s/Yularen’s “Resolute”, Admiral Trench’s Providence etc)
    (Rogue One:Galen Erso)(Krennic’s Shuttle)
    (Rebels: Lieutenant Lyste, Admiral Konstantine, Admiral Brom Titus, Senator Leia Organa, Governor Pryce, Imperial Cadet, At-Dp Pilot)(Interdictor Cruiser, Quasar Carrier, Gozanti Cruiser)
    (Force Awakens: General Leia)
    (The Last Jedi: Snoke, Praetorian Guard, Leia with the force)(Snoke’s Supremacy etc)
    (Rise of Skywalker: Final Order Officer, Allegiant General Pryde, Sith Cultist, Old Lando, Old Wedge etc)
    (Ahsoka/Mando: Captain Pellaeon, Paul Sun Hyung-Lee’s Rebel Pilot character, Huyang)(Ahsoka’s Ship, Damaged Chimaera, Moff Gideon’s Light Cruiser)
    (Tales of the Jedi/Empire: Young Dooku, Young Qui-Gon, Yaddle, Inquisitor Barris etc)
    Etc etc.
    Literally so much potential that can be taken. I know it’s difficult to make characters but it would certainly keep people interested far more than the current bare minimum. In fact the Imperial Remnant update is the first update in awhile where we are receiving more than two characters. I’ve been playing Galaxy of Heroes for most of it’s lifespan and quite frankly, I think it either needs an overhaul or some extra gamemodes that aren’t Guild focused or require relic characters. Just something that gives us more to do.