[MEGA THREAD] New Portraits

Replies

• Options
    You guys must not be on the PC beta running at 4K…

I am, and using a 32" monitor.

Clones & Anakins & Kenobis etc etc all look the same.

• Options
    Rubberb0y wrote: »
    qyu6heyfdlk7.jpeg

I'd probably rotate the snips picture to put the stats UNDER the pic similar to where the ** & "MAX" are now instead of over to the side.

• ItsNotMe
    104 posts Member
    Options
    You guys must not be on the PC beta running at 4K…

People playing a mobile game… actually on a mobile device??!? 😱

Seriously though it makes me wonder if these were designed for PC and they just forgot about mobile entirely.
  • Martyboy
    26 posts Member
    Options
    Samsung a3 . It feels like a skin modding tool has been used. A mixture of new and old skins would be ideal as the existing skins are so hard to follow on my phone.

Quick fix urgently needed
  • thenoobfail
    2 posts Member
    edited July 5
    Options
    I feel like all the emojis on my phone just when from skin or generic emoji yellow to just full on greyscale. My point being that for small identifiable art the colors and contrast matter a lot and we just totally lost that. Like even if some of them look cool I want my emoji (or character icon) to really pop out as being distinct. I would prefer 'bad' art that I can tell apart quickly over highly detailed art that everything looks the same grey/brown feel.

This is my second post on the forums. I logged on because this really needs to be changed and I was wondering if I was the only one this annoyed by the new art.
  • masters
    240 posts Member
    edited July 7
    Options
    My God! What did they do to Biggs?
    Post edited by masters on
  • Options
    Rubberb0y wrote: »
    Ok so just been mucking around with my Procreate app on my iPad to try and design a new portrait style. Looking at the old ones with the new pics in them they’re far too busy.This new one would have the pic larger (better for us whom are blind in one eye and can’t see out the other 🤣).
    They need to be simplified a bit. Here’s a suggestion. Don’t shoot me I’m not nor claim to be a graphic designer but what about something like this or similar. Note the speed logo. That is a must have on portraits. No more having to click on the portrait etc to find the speed. We don’t need the word MAX. We don’t need ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ stars. Anyway food for thought. I too have found that the new portrait designs are very hard to recognize who’s who and I play my game on an iPad Pro 12” screen.
    qyu6heyfdlk7.jpeg
    This is written like someone that knows UI. Just the insight of not needing max and 7 stars to make the icon bigger really goes a long way.
  • Options
    Great, if you don't use a mobile device. Wait, what? This is a mobile game? Okay, then terrible on every level. I can't even bring myself to outline everything that is wrong. Oppo 8
  • Davwhi
    1 posts Member
    Options
    These are horrible. Not only have you made way too many characters look too similar, you have changed so many of the poses, which was one of the ways we told people apart.

I just used Veers in my Iden team in GAC, because you reversed their freaking poses!! Why??
  • Zen0001
    15 posts Member
    Options
    My client just had to restart and I immediately hoped the old portraits were available again- but unfortunately not.

Hey CG, I'll pay $40 for the old portraits back - deal? What if I paid more? Rey's my favorite character but I can't even bear to look at her portrait.

Playing on Samsung Galaxy Android.
  • Cois4
    32 posts Member
    Options
    This is how you ruin a popular game, change what people like and haven’t asked for and don’t improve on bugs and issues that players have been crying about for months
  • Zen0001
    15 posts Member
    Options
    My God - I just tried to add a couple of new mods and I really struggled. I had to take a screenshot each time and then zoom to max to figure out which character had each mod.

Ah well, maybe this game isn't for me. Anyone else know a good mobile game? What's that other new Star Wars mobile game like?
  • Options
    I really like the new style, but as most have said, some are too dark (Hux, Embo, Sith Marauder and Assassin), some are too identical (501 clones; GK and JMK; CAT and Fulcrum) and a small few, basically just Omega, look terrible.

All of the Reys look great, the Sith faction looks amazing. The Hans all look better. NS look great too.

Viewing on iPhone 11.

• Options
    The portraits are way too small on a phone to discern who they are. Maybe give us the option to select the new portraits rather than shoving them down our throats and not leaving a path to revert to the old portraits. They are probably fine on pc.
  • Tsfletch
    217 posts Member
    Options
    Not sure if it’s been mentioned yet but Hux looks like Clive Owen instead of Domhnall Gleeson.
  • Options
    Could the friend who made this changes enter the game and play for half an hour, please? It will be useful to check if there are any other unnecessary portrait changes that he missed so that he can make it a little more complex.
  • Dianora
    131 posts Member
    Options
    It's very fun having to stop and squint to figure out which datacron is being used.

5p2d9tbftya5.png
  • Options
    Its horrible. Was a total waste of time and money
  • Screerider
    1497 posts Member
    Options
    Datacrons do seem to have a lot of wasted real estate that could be better used.
  • Options
    Man some looks are fantastic but it just doesn’t work…

1. Too shady
    2. Too small
    3. Too similar

This game is about collection and quickly being able to identify the teams you want to put up. Just makes everything fussy and more time consuming…

Please focus on QOL…
  • MSP
    2 posts Member
    edited July 7
    Options
    Just calculate how many people are playing from PC and compare with number of players from their phones! For whom you made new portraites?
  • Options
    Nightmare when you try to swap mods with some characters. Need the name displayed so you can tell who you're taking them from, in a lot of casses you can't distinguish the character
  • Options
    i really dislike the new portraits. you cannot tell a lot of the toons from each other. i have already pulled the wrong toon multiple times in tw and gac. Please make them easier to see and tell the difference between.
  • Options
    It's not really a matter of whether I "like them" or not... I simply can't see half of them. I can't make out enough detail to even figure out who they in many cases.

I'm getting older, but so is a lot of this fan base...

My eyes aren't what they used to be, BUT I had ZERO problem with the old versions.

This "upgrade" is incredibly frustrating

Samsung Galaxy S22+
    (Big screen, great resolution, brightness turned to the max... It's not my phone, it's the poor design choice...)
  • Options
    The Revans look great! Actually, I'm pretty impressed with most of the characters from the Old Republic era.

Outside of that, not impressed at all with the rest of them. Most of them look bad. You can't tell a difference between the Geonosians, Clones, any Troopers, and Tuskens. And so many have changed its made GAC & TW unnecessarily harder. I can't believe you guys spent this much time on this instead of working on obvious bugs and game testing.. wait, yes I can. Smh
  • Polaris
    20 posts Member
    edited July 8
    Options
    A lot of the portraits are good individually: Revans, SLKR, most of the named Sith, but a lot of them are too similar and actually caused issue with GAC/TW recently for our guild:

- JKA and GAS is the same model except for the lightsaber on JKA.
    - Sith Assassin and Marauder are too similar.
    - 501st clones
    - Chewbacca and Chewpio are harder to distinguish now
    - Mando (Beskar) and Mandalorian are too similar. Armorer too.
    - Maul and Darth Maul - this caused PvP issues!
    - Hermit Yoda and GMY
    - Finn and Res Hero Finn

I'm playing on PC and S23 Ultra. PC at least I can play full screen (1440p) but as others mentioned, this is a mobile game.

It feels like the designers focused on each portrait individually, but didn't look at the set too closely as a whole. It's a shame.
  • koWALL
    7 posts Member
    Options
    Too small on iPhone 15 Pro Max. It is hard to recognise who is who.

You should keep them as they were and maybe implement those changes for character models when you click on them.