While we appreciate the new raid (content wise)... the game is going to wrong direction

Prev13
While we do appreciate CG trying to keep things fresh and new content... I do feel the game is headed in the wrong direction in time consumption... as is it takes far too long on a daily/weekly basis for a mobile game and the new raid just added about 45 minutes to an hour of time compared to the speederbike raid.

We are losing more guildies to burnout from the time required for GAC, TWs, TBs, Raids, etc than anything else. Please start putting the ability to "sim" things into things like the new raid, TB battles etc
We need something to bring the time requirement down a few notches

Replies

• Options
    👆 and all the new RIDICULOUS gc
  • LordDirt
    5234 posts Member
    Options
    Wrong direction thread is not a game is dying thread so I guess we are progressing
    We needed Cobb Vanth shards for Krayt Dragon raid, Endor Gear Luke shards for Speeder Bike raid and Anakin Skywalker shards for Battle for Naboo raid?
  • Options
    While we do appreciate CG trying to keep things fresh and new content... I do feel the game is headed in the wrong direction in time consumption... as is it takes far too long on a daily/weekly basis for a mobile game and the new raid just added about 45 minutes to an hour of time compared to the speederbike raid.

We are losing more guildies to burnout from the time required for GAC, TWs, TBs, Raids, etc than anything else. Please start putting the ability to "sim" things into things like the new raid, TB battles etc
    We need something to bring the time requirement down a few notches

People spend hours on their phones looking at social media and have no issue, but suddenly when a mobile game does it their hair catches on fire…

The speeder bike raid was like watching paint dry, I don’t know why anyone thought it was fun. The new raid is tough, but a lot of fun playing through.

You’re advocating that the newest raid and TB battles should be simmable? Absolutely not… that’s a horrible idea.

I’ll grant you TW is a drag, it’s either your guild is going to stomp the other guild or the other way around.
  • Options
    The new raid will be boring in a month or 2.

As for TB, I would advocate for a proper sim rather than what SWGOH typically does with sims. That is, simulate the battle on full auto with the team I provided and spit out the results. Plenty of AFK games have this feature, and I think TB is well suited for it.
  • Options
    Some ppl spend hours on their phones on social media. I work 15 hours some days this game is already filled with annoying bugs, glitches, and crashes. I will admit I love the new artwork but come on man you cant seriously advocate for spending more time on this game its a joke seriously.
  • Options
    If you want to play an AFK game, go play one… I don’t think CG intends for SWGOH to become one either.
  • Options
    I never said afk but its getting to be on the souls level of difficulty I used to be able to come home sit down and relax playing. The rng has gotten out of control with needing to do the same battles over and over and over for GC. Bow with the new raid 45min on top of most 45 min for gc bc I dont have reva. With a 10.6 mill account it should not be that difficult and I sympathize with people with smaller accounts where rewards are now completely out of reach at least I will get something
  • ItsNotMe
    104 posts Member
    Options
    If you want to play an AFK game, go play one… I don’t think CG intends for SWGOH to become one either.

This is a terrible and ridiculous argument. Anyone who WANTS to play simmable content is always able to do so, it just allows those who don’t have the time or would prefer to spend it elsewhere, to do so.
  • Options
    There are game modes where you can sim, which is fine. Some you can’t. Also fine. TB battles shouldn’t be ones you can sim. If you want to auto-play it you can hit that button to do so already
  • Options
    Raids could easily be made simable. If would mean you get the same score as last time, something they already keep track of.

If you'd want to improve your score, you'd play again. Otherwise sim should be fine.
  • Options
    There are game modes where you can sim, which is fine. Some you can’t. Also fine. TB battles shouldn’t be ones you can sim. If you want to auto-play it you can hit that button to do so already

I want Auto to take less time. If I'm willing to surrender any agency, I shouldn't have to leave my phone churning for such long stretches of time, playing animations for no one.
  • ItsNotMe
    104 posts Member
    Options

I have to agree with Ragnarok. Why should we have to leave our phones just running? It’s not like we let it run in the background while we do something else, the game pauses. And we’re not doing any kind of productive work with the CPU cycles and energy spent, so there’s absolutely no benefit to it.

Personally I’m of the opinion that you should be able to reproduce your last result in ANY PvE game modes. Anyone who has a burning desire to play the content can whenever they so wish. Anyone who wants to improve on their results can also do so when they choose. But once I’ve 3 starred a piece of content or reached a max score I can possible achieve in a raid without further investments in the characters, why for the love of the Force should I be forced to do it over, and over, and over for the same result??!

What else people do with their time is totally irrelevant. We’re talking about SWGOH specifically and how to make it easier to manage for people with different levels of demand on their time and energy.
  • Options
    While we share the same sentiment, and I think you understand, I want to make sure it's clear that I'm advocating for a different kind of sim than we have currently, and I think it should be available for any and every fight in every game mode.
  • Options

Did I understand you correctly that you absolutely go through all cantina battles, dark and light side battles, all module battles and so on manually? Because if not, then take your own advice, so as not to be labeled a hypocrite.
  • ItsNotMe
    104 posts Member
    Options
    While we share the same sentiment, and I think you understand, I want to make sure it's clear that I'm advocating for a different kind of sim than we have currently, and I think it should be available for any and every fight in every game mode.

Definitely understand, and while I may not 100% agree with that part (I would prefer an extension of the current sim system to more content), your proposition is still infinitely better than what we have now! So yes we agree on the concept just differ on the potential execution. :)
  • Options
    DaViDoK_55 wrote: »
    Did I understand you correctly that you absolutely go through all cantina battles, dark and light side battles, all module battles and so on manually? Because if not, then take your own advice, so as not to be labeled a hypocrite.

2h6lo26cm9gk.jpeg

… are you unable to read?
  • Options
    From the guy whose response to a feature request that happens to also exist in AFK games was, "If you want to play an AFK game, go play one."
  • Options
    Why does the raid feel so difficult.. Repeated b1's who heal everytime they attack.. CG when are you going to give us something we all actually enjoy? Everything is such a drag now sometimes I feel I only keep playing because I've come this far already.
  • Options
    The new raid is a joke if you don't have the newest characters or those rare that were sold before the raid. Good luck getting a good score with the GL requirements.
  • Options
    The new raid is a joke if you don't have the newest characters or those rare that were sold before the raid. Good luck getting a good score with the GL requirements.

We've had the list of characters for a while now - and even before that lots of people were saving resources for when the raid dropped so they could get those characters up to snuff quickly. The Luminara and Sep teams seem to be doing really good things and all of those characters have been in the game for ages. I don't understand why you're saying what you're saying. Were you expecting to come out of the gate hitting max scores? That's never been a thing in any raid ever.
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • Deathbringer59
    637 posts Member
    edited July 3
    Options
    Since krayt it's been about having the newest toons that are needed. Even Crancor was tough without the GL's.

I absolutely love the comparison to a Dark souls game... this game is no where near souls level play.
  • Cois4
    32 posts Member
    Options
    CG when are you going to give us something we all actually enjoy? Everything is such a drag now sometimes I feel I only keep playing because I've come this far already.

Exactly this, thing as easy as a galactic challenge has just turned ridiculous for as a 3.7 m toon power…if you’re not buying, you’re not getting to complete anything….its frustrating
  • Options

We've had the list of characters for a while now - and even before that lots of people were saving resources for when the raid dropped so they could get those characters up to snuff quickly. The Luminara and Sep teams seem to be doing really good things and all of those characters have been in the game for ages. I don't understand why you're saying what you're saying. Were you expecting to come out of the gate hitting max scores? That's never been a thing in any raid ever.

I am sorry, you are right. I don't know what I was thinking. I just got max scores even without the newest characters.
  • Options

And don't worry about the Separatist team. Some "players" complained that they are over performing with B2 as a leader and CG always listens to the voice of the players and will take immediate actions. But I am sure they will forget to implement it until the next raid.
  • Options
    The Naboo raid really takes a lot of time, about 10-15 minutes for one battles, 40-50 minutes total if you want to do all the battles, only the Gungan can play automatically if you want get good points.
    Comparing with previous raids we will see:
    - Old mechanism: Rancor - Tank - Sithtrio: 10-15 minutes but only needs one person to do it.
    - New mechanism:
    + Kayt Dragon: 5 minutes per battle, 25- 30 minutes for 5 battles
    + SPD: 2-3 minutes for each play, only takes 20-30 minutes for all 8 tries, can auto all 8 times and still get good points.
  • Options
    gastropoda wrote: »
    The Naboo raid really takes a lot of time, about 10-15 minutes for one battles, 40-50 minutes total if you want to do all the battles, only the Gungan can play automatically if you want get good points.
    - Old mechanism: Rancor - Tank - Sithtrio: 10-15 minutes but only needs one person to do it.
    - New mechanism:
    + SPD: 2-3 minutes for each play, only takes 20-30 minutes for all 8 tries, can auto all 8 times and still get good points.

You’re forgetting quite a lot…
    - Rancor - Tank - Sith were all challenges for years when they were added to the game. There were a lot of people complaining about the difficulty of HSith and how long battles took before the introduction of GLs (looking primarily at SLKR). 10-15 minutes to clear these raids was not the norm for a long long time.
    - Krayt equally was a big challenge for a lot of guilds due to the faction restriction it introduced that all the new raids have. Most people didn’t have the good teams to last 5 minutes at launch, and it was only later that people began to understand how to maximize their score.
    - Same can be said for the Endor raid, aside from the blandness of the battles that were reminiscent of that unpopular SLKR/Rey unlock tier. SPD was far from perfect too, have you forgotten all the complaints about motion sickness?

“ The Naboo raid really takes a lot of time, about 10-15 minutes for one battles, 40-50 minutes total if you want to do all the battles, only the Gungan can play automatically if you want get good points.”

Yes, it’s a brand new raid. Of course it’ll take longer compared to old ones since, as you say, it seems right now a lot of people do not yet have the roster or strategy down for it. Don’t tell me you’ve forgotten all the complaints and threats of guilds dissolving when the old raids were first introduced?
  • Options
    - New mechanism:

- Rancor - Tank - Sith were all challenges for years when they were added to the game. There were a lot of people complaining about the difficulty of HSith and how long battles took before the introduction of GLs (looking primarily at SLKR). 10-15 minutes to clear these raids was not the norm for a long long time.
    - Krayt equally was a big challenge for a lot of guilds due to the faction restriction it introduced that all the new raids have. Most people didn’t have the good teams to last 5 minutes at launch, and it was only later that people began to understand how to maximize their score.
    - Same can be said for the Endor raid, aside from the blandness of the battles that were reminiscent of that unpopular SLKR/Rey unlock tier. SPD was far from perfect too, have you forgotten all the complaints about motion sickness?

“ The Naboo raid really takes a lot of time, about 10-15 minutes for one battles, 40-50 minutes total if you want to do all the battles, only the Gungan can play automatically if you want get good points.”

Yes, it’s a brand new raid. Of course it’ll take longer compared to old ones since, as you say, it seems right now a lot of people do not yet have the roster or strategy down for it. Don’t tell me you’ve forgotten all the complaints and threats of guilds dissolving when the old raids were first introduced?
    KD was too sudden and without prior notice for everyone to prepare the characters, but it only took about 1-2 months.
    Endor raid: can be done automatically, even with a 5-star and level 1 character you will still earn a few points. If you have motion sickness, press the auto button
    Old raids: yes, it's difficult without GLs, but you can use all your characters, not just a few like now, and the time spent is definitely less than 1 hour.
  • Options
    - New mechanism:

Well you ignore the inconvenient points in your theory. Rancor - Tank - Sith was permanent. That is, everyone knew that these raids would be around for years, and sooner or later the guild would take max rewards. And everyone could do it with their own methods, because there was no limit to the characters used. Now there is a hard limit on both characters and time, because the raid will only last 8 months or so.
    As for the time spent: Krayt and Endor could be autoboosted and not lose much. These raids would take a lot less time. Krayt was the first raid of this format. I mean, why should the mechanics get more complicated with each raid and the time wasted grow? By your logic it's pretty obvious that after 2-3 new raids everyone will have to spend about 10 hours a day raiding?
  • Options
    Find it genuinely hilarious that OP complains that a free game gives hours of playtime.

Also regarding the new raid, like the others it won’t take more than a few plays for each of us to have teams saved that get us a score that maximises what we have.

My only complaint would be that CG should have put the Jar-Jar even on rather than make us wait a month. Still something to look forward to.
  • Options
    DaViDoK_55 wrote: »
    Well you ignore the inconvenient points in your theory. Rancor - Tank - Sith was permanent. That is, everyone knew that these raids would be around for years, and sooner or later the guild would take max rewards. And everyone could do it with their own methods, because there was no limit to the characters used. Now there is a hard limit on both characters and time, because the raid will only last 8 months or so.
    As for the time spent: Krayt and Endor could be autoboosted and not lose much. These raids would take a lot less time. Krayt was the first raid of this format. I mean, why should the mechanics get more complicated with each raid and the time wasted grow? By your logic it's pretty obvious that after 2-3 new raids everyone will have to spend about 10 hours a day raiding?

Hardly a theory… I was stating a fact. The old raids being permanent doesn’t change anything. The new raids are permanent too, but the reward structure incentivizes guilds to switch to whatever is the newest to get the MK3 guild tokens.

The Krayt dragon raid was the first to follow the format that limited people to using specific factions, yes. Not sure what you mean by “autoboosted”…

If you think it’s a waste of time, put it on auto then
    luu2qjpchds5.jpeg