While we appreciate the new raid (content wise)... the game is going to wrong direction

Replies

• herd_nerfer
    2167 posts Member
    Options
    The new raid is a joke if you don't have the newest characters or those rare that were sold before the raid. Good luck getting a good score with the GL requirements.

We've had the list of characters for a while now - and even before that lots of people were saving resources for when the raid dropped so they could get those characters up to snuff quickly. The Luminara and Sep teams seem to be doing really good things and all of those characters have been in the game for ages. I don't understand why you're saying what you're saying. Were you expecting to come out of the gate hitting max scores? That's never been a thing in any raid ever.

And don't worry about the Separatist team. Some "players" complained that they are over performing with B2 as a leader and CG always listens to the voice of the players and will take immediate actions. But I am sure they will forget to implement it until the next raid.

They said they were investigating. That doesn't mean they'll change anything.
    I am sorry, you are right. I don't know what I was thinking. I just got max scores even without the newest characters.

All I'm saying is that you should already have teams that can register good scores if you add relics to them - and you may not need to add relics at all. For your guild to get the exact same reward it was getting in the speeder bike raid, everyone need only score 450k points, for a total of 22.5m points. That means everyone runs a single relic 1 team for 75% of max score, or a single G12 team for max score. It's far more likely that everyone has more than one team so the 67m box should actually be well within your range without any of the new characters unlocked. 450k x 50 should be trivial for a 400m GP guild.

If anything it seems like your guild is in a better position for rewards with this raid than the speeder bike raid. So I'm really confused as to what you're so upset about.
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • Options
    You know it's always about the $$$. Events such as requiring all 5 Gungans just a reward to a VERY small % of players. Stupid-strong Datacrons=$$$. Conquest and 50 battles w/same toons: waste of time.
  • scuba
    14239 posts Member
    Options
    You know it's always about the $$$. Events such as requiring all 5 Gungans just a reward to a VERY small % of players. Stupid-strong Datacrons=$$$. Conquest and 50 battles w/same toons: waste of time.

You are not required to spend and can still progress without it.
  • TargetEadu
    1715 posts Member
    Options
    DaViDoK_55 wrote: »
    gastropoda wrote: »
    The Naboo raid really takes a lot of time, about 10-15 minutes for one battles, 40-50 minutes total if you want to do all the battles, only the Gungan can play automatically if you want get good points.
    Comparing with previous raids we will see:
    - Old mechanism: Rancor - Tank - Sithtrio: 10-15 minutes but only needs one person to do it.
    - New mechanism:
    + Kayt Dragon: 5 minutes per battle, 25- 30 minutes for 5 battles
    + SPD: 2-3 minutes for each play, only takes 20-30 minutes for all 8 tries, can auto all 8 times and still get good points.

You’re forgetting quite a lot…
    - Rancor - Tank - Sith were all challenges for years when they were added to the game. There were a lot of people complaining about the difficulty of HSith and how long battles took before the introduction of GLs (looking primarily at SLKR). 10-15 minutes to clear these raids was not the norm for a long long time.
    - Krayt equally was a big challenge for a lot of guilds due to the faction restriction it introduced that all the new raids have. Most people didn’t have the good teams to last 5 minutes at launch, and it was only later that people began to understand how to maximize their score.
    - Same can be said for the Endor raid, aside from the blandness of the battles that were reminiscent of that unpopular SLKR/Rey unlock tier. SPD was far from perfect too, have you forgotten all the complaints about motion sickness?

“ The Naboo raid really takes a lot of time, about 10-15 minutes for one battles, 40-50 minutes total if you want to do all the battles, only the Gungan can play automatically if you want get good points.”

Yes, it’s a brand new raid. Of course it’ll take longer compared to old ones since, as you say, it seems right now a lot of people do not yet have the roster or strategy down for it. Don’t tell me you’ve forgotten all the complaints and threats of guilds dissolving when the old raids were first introduced?

Well you ignore the inconvenient points in your theory. Rancor - Tank - Sith was permanent. That is, everyone knew that these raids would be around for years, and sooner or later the guild would take max rewards. And everyone could do it with their own methods, because there was no limit to the characters used. Now there is a hard limit on both characters and time, because the raid will only last 8 months or so.
    As for the time spent: Krayt and Endor could be autoboosted and not lose much. These raids would take a lot less time. Krayt was the first raid of this format. I mean, why should the mechanics get more complicated with each raid and the time wasted grow? By your logic it's pretty obvious that after 2-3 new raids everyone will have to spend about 10 hours a day raiding?

I won’t deny that the cyclical nature of these new Raids dampens the value in investing in them. I’m limiting my investment in them myself. But the new Raid system has also made a lot of improvements.

For one thing, in old Raids, just because they were considered “permanent” didn’t mean that it was just a matter of time. For Naboo, and for the Krayt/Endor Raid, we know what teams can be used to score the max points - they’re just hard to reach. For the Tank and Sith Raids, those teams didn’t exist. Tank Raid wasn’t soloable until Wampa, iirc (and back then Wampa was a real struggle to get), and the Sith Raid wasn’t soloable until SLKR’s release. Rancor was soloable fairly early, but Challenge Rancor (I believe) was never soloable at all. Both of those were several years after those Raids’ releases. And, many of those early solos took far upwards of 40 minutes to complete, and on Auto you’d just lose.

It were also more expensive to invest in those teams. Back then, before GAC and before Crystals in GAC (and even further, before TB and TW), any team that wasn’t “the META” team was basically dead weight. Investing in a Raid team now is an investment you can use elsewhere. Investing in one back then was for the Raid and by and large only the Raid.

Of course, you could complete the raid without soloing, if your guild could get through it, but that led to more problems. There was no such thing as “Max Rewards”. Each guild members’ rewards were based on how you did compared to their fellow guild members (or some level of RNG), ordered 1-50. You were competing with your guild. Also, the Raid didn’t sit around to be poked at for 3 days - as soon as someone killed the final phase, the Raid was over.

You tried to beat the raid using “your own methods” while your guildmates have a better strat? You got less rewards. You found a better method, but your guildmates have solo teams? You got less rewards. You pressed Auto and your guildmates don’t? You got less rewards. Your time zone meant you couldn’t always get online to enter the raid before your guildmates cleared it? You got less rewards. (Or no rewards, if this was before the time where you could preemptively post a 0 score. Those were especially unfun times. To counter this, a lot of guilds enforced hold times for people to enter the raid before someone posted their score - further increasing Raid time.)

We’ve improved a lot.

(Now, could you move a lot of these improvements to the new Raid system without a lot of what makes Naboo and other Raids annoying? Probably. A more robust Auto/Sim mechanism would likely help. But a full, open Raid is likely not going to happen again, because I don’t know how you’d manage to SLKR-Proof that Raid without making it miserable for more normal teams, like CRancor could be.)
  • Egnards
    36 posts Member
    Options
    There are game modes where you can sim, which is fine. Some you can’t. Also fine. TB battles shouldn’t be ones you can sim. If you want to auto-play it you can hit that button to do so already

I spend a lot of time working on ROTE, and have extensive guides on how to auto pretty much every aspect of it.

Three are only 4 combat mission throughout the entirety of the current planets we’re doing on TB [both bonus planets, all day 4 planets, and day 5 LS], and typically hit about 110-115 waves. The majority of these battles are very very reliable.

There are ways to make TB “autoable” without diminishing the content, and people who want to play manually are always free to do so.

The reality is that this game is exceedingly time consuming, especially on days like this Monday; GAC, Conquest start, and TB start. . .And of course the prospect of raids ! “Hell Day,” typically accounts for about 2.5-3 hours of playing. . .And that doesn’t even account for officer duties.

There is a vast difference between scrolling through social media [which you can stop at any time as needed], versus having to commit to doing a combat [to which you can’t guarantee your phone won’t reset the app if you need to step away].

There comes a point where “content” stops being content for some people, and instead becomes “time spent.” And as CG increases time commitment in some areas of the game, they need to reasonably decrease time commitment in other areas, or else frustration increases, and not in the ways they increase spending.
  • LordDirt
    5233 posts Member
    Options
    Egnards wrote: »
    There are game modes where you can sim, which is fine. Some you can’t. Also fine. TB battles shouldn’t be ones you can sim. If you want to auto-play it you can hit that button to do so already

I spend a lot of time working on ROTE, and have extensive guides on how to auto pretty much every aspect of it.

Have the guides handy?
    We needed Cobb Vanth shards for Krayt Dragon raid, Endor Gear Luke shards for Speeder Bike raid and Anakin Skywalker shards for Battle for Naboo raid?
  • ItsNotMe
    104 posts Member
    Options
    LordDirt wrote: »

Have the guides handy?

Asking the REAL questions!!
  • Options
    Done three battles and it feels terrible already

1 Gungangs - that was fine they were doing something
    2 GR Jedi - also okayish they were doing something
    3 Nute, Sid, Maul - total trash, heroes of the raid and they hit like wet socks and B1s heal everything
    4-5 some trash teams likely can't do a thing due heals

Battles take insanely long
    B1s heal absurd amount of HP - they ought to be paper, just huge piles of paper
    DMG output of some chars are so bad that I cant get through Max-2 tier.

I feel like I should remod for raid 5 teams thats 25 chars. (After settings its maybe 25-50 chars change a 30 secs so remodding only would take likely 30min+ - Nooooo!!)
    Give me ability to make mods within the raid only so I can do it once and be done with it.
    Either give me option to reset my remods so that I need to do it only one way each time
    Even more give me ability to quickmod whole teams. Feels strange that for bearable play you need outside app (HotBot).

Yea it will get better after upgrading some chars feels bad. Krayyt was great from the start. Naboo was just auto due it didnt make any sense (and needed remod).

Wrap up

Cut that stupid amount of healing. We want to feel progress.
    Make raid modding somehow feasible.

-D
  • Starslayer
    2427 posts Member
    edited July 7
    Options

• Morgoth01
    533 posts Member
    Options
    gastropoda wrote: »
    The Naboo raid really takes a lot of time, about 10-15 minutes for one battles, 40-50 minutes total if you want to do all the battles, only the Gungan can play automatically if you want get good points.
    Comparing with previous raids we will see:
    - Old mechanism: Rancor - Tank - Sithtrio: 10-15 minutes but only needs one person to do it.
    - New mechanism:
    + Kayt Dragon: 5 minutes per battle, 25- 30 minutes for 5 battles
    + SPD: 2-3 minutes for each play, only takes 20-30 minutes for all 8 tries, can auto all 8 times and still get good points.

You’re forgetting quite a lot…
    - Rancor - Tank - Sith were all challenges for years when they were added to the game. There were a lot of people complaining about the difficulty of HSith and how long battles took before the introduction of GLs (looking primarily at SLKR). 10-15 minutes to clear these raids was not the norm for a long long time.
    - Krayt equally was a big challenge for a lot of guilds due to the faction restriction it introduced that all the new raids have. Most people didn’t have the good teams to last 5 minutes at launch, and it was only later that people began to understand how to maximize their score.
    - Same can be said for the Endor raid, aside from the blandness of the battles that were reminiscent of that unpopular SLKR/Rey unlock tier. SPD was far from perfect too, have you forgotten all the complaints about motion sickness?

“ The Naboo raid really takes a lot of time, about 10-15 minutes for one battles, 40-50 minutes total if you want to do all the battles, only the Gungan can play automatically if you want get good points.”

Yes, it’s a brand new raid. Of course it’ll take longer compared to old ones since, as you say, it seems right now a lot of people do not yet have the roster or strategy down for it. Don’t tell me you’ve forgotten all the complaints and threats of guilds dissolving when the old raids were first introduced?

I suspect you have a wrong premise.
    As I read your post, you expect Naboo raid to take less time as we get more familiar with it, correct?
    While I agree that initial time spent will certainly be more than once it’s “solved”, I think you are missing a key point, that Naboo raid inherently takes a lot longer than Endor raid.
    The people with full R9 omi Gungans report that it takes about 10 minutes on full auto for max score.
    I don’t see the scope for improving much on that, and this would reasonably be expected to be one of the faster teams.

Early indications point toward runs for this raid just being a lot longer, and this is even before factoring in any increased need to restart due to rng.
    Endor raid blessedly almost did entirely away with rng (for true max run there was some in terms of loosing stacks of evasion).

And yes, the new raid looks cool and is probably more fun to play than Endor, but in a months time it’s going to be very boring again and will require more time.
    I agree with OP, this is not the direction we need.
  • Egnards
    36 posts Member
    Options
    LordDirt wrote: »

Have the guides handy?

I don’t know the rules about linking things, but I have 2 access points on guides:

1) On YouTube the majority of my account is silent videos broken down into ROTE planet playlists, quickly showing the modding for my characters, and the full autos they’ve completed.

They are designed not to be watched, with all info in the descriptions.

2) Our Discord server, Slice ot Otoh Gunga, has a TB Library broken down by planet; with glossary of teams submitted by multiple users [both manual and auto wins], and confidence values - it can easily be searched for on Discord, or through the Events Server list.
  • Wrathe
    216 posts Member
    edited July 7
    Options
    TVF wrote: »
    The new raid is a joke if you don't have the newest characters or those rare that were sold before the raid. Good luck getting a good score with the GL requirements.

What was the reason for the low raid scores in SBP?
    jf64aa8kpe00.jpeg

Get a life, this is not about my scores. You can figure out yourself the low scores. You're quite smart.

If you are going to complain about raids, your history is fair game

Care to tell me what is the problem with my scores?

They're low

Just good ol' policing around the forums

It was actually a rather polite way of saying that in the spectrum of raid scores, you are posting scores w/ the needle on the far left vs. even middle or high.

You're referring to your early raid scores of 8 and 9M on SBR then down to 1 and 2M scores. Your reasoning for that was you no longer tried and just hit the raid to get in on the reward system that rewards you for others work.

If your entire guild does that. That's the source of your issue and should find a new guild. If the rest of the guild is trying and you're mailing it in, I'll tell ya as a member of a 590M+ guild, you're on the spectrum of players we'd move out, not in.

SBR you could get average scores on just Auto/Auto and no remodding. It should be no surprise that if that's your approach, you won't receive the best rewards. Ya get what you put in, right?

I totally get not everyone wants to be a "high end" player, but there has to be events FOR the high end players. If people want to go back to HSTR loot systems, I'm all for it. You get the loot you earned, not that others earned for you. Love it. Meritocracy is a beautiful thing. If it wasn't worth it to folks to do HSTR for high loot, then ya got the garbage boxes. If you're cool w/ that, I know I am. We strive to surround ourselves w/ players. If your engagement level is different, join a guild where all they do is Deploy Ops and GP for TB (no missions), that's TW auto-pilot (join w/ the intent of taking losses), and don't care what you do in Conquest. You'll save a boatload of time, your sacrifice is in rewards.

If words like remod, retry, stream, or "use the strat", make you cringe as being too "try-hard". Your answers are out there in other guilds. However if your issue is you want your effort to be low and your rewards to be high, then your expectations are out of sync w/ the design of the game.

Just don't be a carry. Don't be the guy who just hits a raid once and let's the socialization of loot get him his rewards. Those people are leeches and lead to the death of guilds. GL's need to weed their gardens and remove the "carry me" players for the good of everyone else. As I said, there are guilds that meet your engagement desires. You'll be the happiest surrounded by people who put forth the effort and have the same expectations that you do.
  • Options
    Wrathe wrote: »

jf64aa8kpe00.jpeg

Get a life, this is not about my scores. You can figure out yourself the low scores. You're quite smart.

They're low

It was actually a rather polite way of saying that in the spectrum of raid scores, you are posting scores w/ the needle on the far left vs. even middle or high.

You're referring to your early raid scores of 8 and 9M on SBR then down to 1 and 2M scores. Your reasoning for that was you no longer tried and just hit the raid to get in on the reward system that rewards you for others work.

If your entire guild does that. That's the source of your issue and should find a new guild. If the rest of the guild is trying and you're mailing it in, I'll tell ya as a member of a 590M+ guild, you're on the spectrum of players we'd move out, not in.

SBR you could get average scores on just Auto/Auto and no remodding. It should be no surprise that if that's your approach, you won't receive the best rewards. Ya get what you put in, right?

I totally get not everyone wants to be a "high end" player, but there has to be events FOR the high end players. If people want to go back to HSTR loot systems, I'm all for it. You get the loot you earned, not that others earned for you. Love it. Meritocracy is a beautiful thing. If it wasn't worth it to folks to do HSTR for high loot, then ya got the garbage boxes. If you're cool w/ that, I know I am. We strive to surround ourselves w/ players. If your engagement level is different, join a guild where all they do is Deploy Ops and GP for TB (no missions), that's TW auto-pilot (join w/ the intent of taking losses), and don't care what you do in Conquest. You'll save a boatload of time, your sacrifice is in rewards.

If words like remod, retry, stream, or "use the strat", make you cringe as being too "try-hard". Your answers are out there in other guilds. However if your issue is you want your effort to be low and your rewards to be high, then your expectations are out of sync w/ the design of the game.

Just don't be a carry. Don't be the guy who just hits a raid once and let's the socialization of loot get him his rewards. Those people are leeches and lead to the death of guilds. GL's need to weed their gardens and remove the "carry me" players for the good of everyone else. As I said, there are guilds that meet your engagement desires. You'll be the happiest surrounded by people who put forth the effort and have the same expectations that you do.

Please see the mega thread about the raid and you will see what's my issue. My guild is just fine, I don't want another guild, thank you.
  • Wrathe
    216 posts Member
    Options

jf64aa8kpe00.jpeg

They're low

Please see the mega thread about the raid and you will see what's my issue. My guild is just fine, I don't want another guild, thank you.

You articulated your issues here, that's what I responded to. I don't want to sell you a guild, I'm just telling you the trick to happiness is being surrounded by like minded people and the concept that you get out what you put in.

Good luck in finding your joy.
  • Options

jf64aa8kpe00.jpeg

They're low

You articulated your issues here, that's what I responded to. I don't want to sell you a guild, I'm just telling you the trick to happiness is being surrounded by like minded people and the concept that you get out what you put in.

My joy would be a well balanced and tested raid released by CG
  • Wrathe
    216 posts Member
    Options

jf64aa8kpe00.jpeg

They're low

Hehe, no insult intended to CG (or anyone for that matter), but at least we got 1/2. The balance seems pretty good. Obviously there's a few bugs they're aware of (matches ending early, client crashes, and maybe B2 seem to be the main ones).
  • Options

jf64aa8kpe00.jpeg

They're low

Hehe, no insult intended to CG (or anyone for that matter), but at least we got 1/2. The balance seems pretty good. Obviously there's a few bugs they're aware of (matches ending early, client crashes, and maybe B2 seem to be the main ones).

Try some battles at the lower tiers with older characters
  • Options

jf64aa8kpe00.jpeg

They're low

B2 is not a bug. It's CG not liking our solution.
  • TargetEadu
    1715 posts Member
    Options

jf64aa8kpe00.jpeg

They're low

Getting a lower score on a lower tier using worse characters isn’t necessarily a balance problem. Especially when the Raid’s been out for less than a week and no one knows how to optimize for it.
  • Wrathe
    216 posts Member
    Options

jf64aa8kpe00.jpeg

They're low

I don't know what's lower tier to you, but Tier 4 (R5) GR Jedi w/ Lumi lead and Kit on team you can auto for max score. You can auto Gungans for max score w/ the Omi (and only 4 of them, no Jar Jar here).

At least 2 Auto teams coming off of the first run. The more the community learns, the better team comps will be found. You do need to remod though, like I said above, if that's an icky word for ya....
  • Wrathe
    216 posts Member
    Options

jf64aa8kpe00.jpeg

They're low

Is this to take a bug off the list and embolden the overall point, or an exercise in pedantry?
  • Presaria
    209 posts Member
    Options
    I tried the Lumi R5 (with zeta on leadership) team 5 times today and didn't get anywhere close to the max score. I used Kit's potency and watched out for commander deleting buffs. It was still miserable. I l played it manually and didn't get close. This raid is worst thing I've experienced in this game and CG has done a lot of awful content.
  • Options
    The new raid will be boring in a month or 2.

I got bored w/ it when it was a Conquest level.
  • petersphilo
    102 posts Member
    edited July 8
    Options
    This Raid is the absolute worst..
    It’s the most boring and tedious gameplay ever devised..
    Each run takes forever, doing the same thing over and over again..
    Master Qui Gon isn’t even farmable yet!!
    The r9 requirements are insanely unfair..

I used to get around 11.5M each run of the speeder raid, and that was already tedious, but this is a whole new level of tedium..

And all for less than half the rewards..
    Naboo is a fail..
    (The cut scenes are nice, though)

Edit: I miss the Triumvirate Raid, HAAT, or even Krayt.. those were fun, and varied, and you could use all kinds of different teams (for the first 2, at least)..
    Half of the fun was devising new ways of maxing it out!
    This business of restricting the raids to only a handful of super-exotic toons is just a blatant money grab..
    It’s just low..
  • koWALL
    7 posts Member
    Options
    Basic level is too difficult.

5 stars characters can’t make any points like on previous raid.

I can’t help my guild and we are getting half of MK3 rewards because there is more players like me.

There is no initiative to develop 30 characters if only relic characters make points. I am unable/not willing to relic 30 characters just for temporary raid.
  • borg2
    14 posts Member
    Options
    Why does the raid feel so difficult.. Repeated b1's who heal everytime they attack.. CG when are you going to give us something we all actually enjoy? Everything is such a drag now sometimes I feel I only keep playing because I've come this far already.

The reason is simple: they want you to spend a lot of money to power up your toons.
  • Options

jf64aa8kpe00.jpeg

They're low

Is this to take a bug off the list and embolden the overall point, or an exercise in pedantry?

It's a separate point, I guess. Calling it a bug gives gives CG license to "fix" it. But nothing is broken at all, and I'd argue B2 does not present a balance issue either. If CG changes something to make B2 lead non-viable, it is them being underhanded and stingy, not bug fixers or balancers.
  • herd_nerfer
    2167 posts Member
    Options
    I'd be kind of surprised if they changed anything with B2. You still need more relics for more points - and isn't that the whole point of this? To push folks to sink relics into raid characters? It's not breaking anything. People are more likely to have Nute at high relics than B2 - if anything this fits CGs goal better than if people were using Nute lead.
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • Wrathe
    216 posts Member
    Options
    koWALL wrote: »
    Basic level is too difficult.

5 stars characters can’t make any points like on previous raid.

I can’t help my guild and we are getting half of MK3 rewards because there is more players like me.

There is no initiative to develop 30 characters if only relic characters make points. I am unable/not willing to relic 30 characters just for temporary raid.

If you're unable/not willing to relic char's for current game content, this is the end of the road for ya. Cause the next one isn't going to take lower relics. Lose the taboo of relics. R5 is today's bottom rung of usability (in a competitive environment). R7 is the new expectation, and R8 and R9 are for the important char's. I certainly wouldn't R9 a bunch for the raid, I R9'd QA/POW/MQGJ for their trio getting max score in the raid, as well as Duels of Fate (it will pay itself off over time), etc. Get Boomadier's Omi and to the requirement level for JarJar (R5), that team (just 4 of them, I don't have JarJar yet) can Auto max their Tier (4).

The game is on rails, folks. They used to not give direction on what you should be farming, it was all trial and error finding what teams would work and which wouldn't. Now they're dragging you to the trough w/ bonus drops, extra shards, etc. (which most of is free). They practically gave away Leia as a GL. Prior to that they made it clear Inq's were important and yet how many didn't get that and made their guild suffer w/ their inability to do events? They're telling you Gungans are important. Listen. Or don't, fight the system and claim poor design, it's your time and the time of your guildmates you're wasting, not theirs.
  • koWALL
    7 posts Member
    edited July 8
    Options

If you're unable/not willing to relic char's for current game content, this is the end of the road for ya. Cause the next one isn't going to take lower relics. Lose the taboo of relics. R5 is today's bottom rung of usability (in a competitive environment). R7 is the new expectation, and R8 and R9 are for the important char's. I certainly wouldn't R9 a bunch for the raid, I R9'd QA/POW/MQGJ for their trio getting max score in the raid, as well as Duels of Fate (it will pay itself off over time), etc. Get Boomadier's Omi and to the requirement level for JarJar (R5), that team (just 4 of them, I don't have JarJar yet) can Auto max their Tier (4).

You are completely missing my point.

Last raid was friendly to players on every level. Those with 1 milion and those with 10 million GP could enjoy and help their guild.

This time is different. I can enter Naboo with 5 star characters but will not score any points.

I was planning to upgrade all 30 toons but now I can see that I only need one relic team instead.

This is not F2P or new players friendly.

Game will die without new players and F2P.

Just because this is working for you it doesn’t mean it works for everyone.