I am supposed to once again interrupt my catching up to start a new catch up?

IAmNi
4 posts Member
Bought HD bundle, bought all LS bundles, bought passes on conquest, bought the ascension stuff, just basically bought anything that was of decent value and not an obvious scam.

Yet, the pace set by GC targets whales.

Even with decent spending you're not spending enough, you're supposed to stop everytime what you're doing and somehow get brand new characters to 7 stars right away, get zetas, and the only way to do it is to drop an unreasonable amount of money and resources to get that character or team so that you can keep getting what you already were getting before CG decided that the old content you were catching up to doesn't deserve those rewards.

Here I am, the donkey chasing the carrot at the end of the stick.

I think I'm just gonna play casual and get stuff when I get it and stop caring about chasing what CG does, there's just no end to their greed.

Replies

  • LordDirt
    5234 posts Member
    Options
    This game always makes you chase, just find your pace and stick with it.
    We needed Cobb Vanth shards for Krayt Dragon raid, Endor Gear Luke shards for Speeder Bike raid and Anakin Skywalker shards for Battle for Naboo raid?
  • TVF
    36858 posts Member
    Options
    LordDirt wrote: »
    This game always makes you chase, just find your pace and stick with it.

    Or carrot with it.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Iy4oy4s
    2948 posts Member
    Options
    LordDirt wrote: »
    This game always makes you chase, just find your pace and stick with it.

    Great advise. Don’t let frustration mechanics win. Spend where it makes sense to you and grind the rest.
  • TargetEadu
    1715 posts Member
    Options
    I’ll stick with what LordDirt said.

    But also, basing your overall pace of the game on Galactic Challenges is probably not the best. Those tend to move faster than most other pieces of content, and don’t give quite as good rewards.

    (Red Crate Conquest and K1 GAC are still fast but a bit slower than GCs, then Raids and Datacrons last for several months, then there’s the more stable pieces like ROTE, general TW/GAC, and Gold Crate Conquest.)
  • IAmNi
    4 posts Member
    Options
    TargetEadu wrote: »
    I’ll stick with what LordDirt said.

    But also, basing your overall pace of the game on Galactic Challenges is probably not the best. Those tend to move faster than most other pieces of content, and don’t give quite as good rewards.

    (Red Crate Conquest and K1 GAC are still fast but a bit slower than GCs, then Raids and Datacrons last for several months, then there’s the more stable pieces like ROTE, general TW/GAC, and Gold Crate Conquest.)

    Just look at the new raid. I started playing last year in april, I'm currently about 6 mil GP. In the raid you need new characters like gungans, amidala, master qui gon, padawan ObiWan, Ki-Adi Mundi from TB (0 shards since we're farming Wat), relatively recent characters like STAP & Beq plus relatively unused Jedi, that you really didn't need to relic up or zeta before. When I was supposed to farm all this stuff while I was still farming staple teams and haven't even finished Journey Guide characters yet? GC just pretends too much when they make new content basically inaccessible while, at the same time, decreasing the rewards from the older content.

    Surely I have to change my approach to the game, then again it's harder if your guild decides to follow whatever GC does.

  • Options
    You've been playing for 1 year. You have so many things to farm, I can't imagine that mk3 currency is your biggest choke point.
  • Jerrick_Kharr87
    207 posts Member
    edited July 6
    Options
    LordDirt wrote: »
    This game always makes you chase, just find your pace and stick with it.

    The problem is you can’t find “your pace” when CG takes away rewards from previous raids (Endor) and places those rewards in the new raid. We spend time and resources to progress for Endor only to have those rewards stripped away for the new raid.

    What’s the incentive to spend months gearing and relic’ing awful Jedi characters and Gungans when CG is likely to do the same with a new raid? This is their new spending model. And it sucks for normal players.
  • scuba
    14241 posts Member
    Options
    LordDirt wrote: »
    This game always makes you chase, just find your pace and stick with it.

    The problem is you can’t find “your pace” when CG takes away rewards from previous raids (Endor) and places those rewards in the new raid. We spend time and resources to progress for Endor only to have those rewards stripped away for the new raid.

    What’s the incentive to spend months gearing and relic’ing awful Jedi characters and Gungans when CG is likely to do the same with a new raid? This is their new spending model. And it sucks for normal players.

    They will and have already said they will. Only the newest raid will have MK3 tokens and the raids will be introduced around every 9 months ( I think it is nl9 months). So it is a know part of the game. Hoard or chase is the name of the game.
  • TVF
    36858 posts Member
    Options
    scuba wrote: »
    LordDirt wrote: »
    This game always makes you chase, just find your pace and stick with it.

    The problem is you can’t find “your pace” when CG takes away rewards from previous raids (Endor) and places those rewards in the new raid. We spend time and resources to progress for Endor only to have those rewards stripped away for the new raid.

    What’s the incentive to spend months gearing and relic’ing awful Jedi characters and Gungans when CG is likely to do the same with a new raid? This is their new spending model. And it sucks for normal players.

    They will and have already said they will. Only the newest raid will have MK3 tokens and the raids will be introduced around every 9 months ( I think it is nl9 months). So it is a know part of the game. Hoard or chase is the name of the game.

    They said they were "estimating" 8-9 months. This one ended up being 7.5.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Ultra
    11613 posts Moderator
    Options
    IAmNi wrote: »
    Bought HD bundle, bought all LS bundles, bought passes on conquest, bought the ascension stuff, just basically bought anything that was of decent value and not an obvious scam.

    Yet, the pace set by GC targets whales.

    Even with decent spending you're not spending enough, you're supposed to stop everytime what you're doing and somehow get brand new characters to 7 stars right away, get zetas, and the only way to do it is to drop an unreasonable amount of money and resources to get that character or team so that you can keep getting what you already were getting before CG decided that the old content you were catching up to doesn't deserve those rewards.

    Here I am, the donkey chasing the carrot at the end of the stick.

    I think I'm just gonna play casual and get stuff when I get it and stop caring about chasing what CG does, there's just no end to their greed.

    Are you talking about Ahsoka GL?

    Well if you had to buy the bundles, it seems you don't have to worry about getting her

    As with all endgame GL its catered to people who already have all the stuff you are getting bundles for

    The great thing is that GLs balance each other out, and Ahsoka will have at least one GL counter

    So, those bundles and stuff should help you get two~three GLs and the some of the GLs are now easier to obtain, so focus on those and counter her with them, and just casually work on Ahsoka and get her 6 months later
  • IAmNi
    4 posts Member
    edited July 10
    Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    IAmNi wrote: »
    Bought HD bundle, bought all LS bundles, bought passes on conquest, bought the ascension stuff, just basically bought anything that was of decent value and not an obvious scam.

    Yet, the pace set by GC targets whales.

    Even with decent spending you're not spending enough, you're supposed to stop everytime what you're doing and somehow get brand new characters to 7 stars right away, get zetas, and the only way to do it is to drop an unreasonable amount of money and resources to get that character or team so that you can keep getting what you already were getting before CG decided that the old content you were catching up to doesn't deserve those rewards.

    Here I am, the donkey chasing the carrot at the end of the stick.

    I think I'm just gonna play casual and get stuff when I get it and stop caring about chasing what CG does, there's just no end to their greed.

    Are you talking about Ahsoka GL?

    Well if you had to buy the bundles, it seems you don't have to worry about getting her

    As with all endgame GL its catered to people who already have all the stuff you are getting bundles for

    The great thing is that GLs balance each other out, and Ahsoka will have at least one GL counter

    So, those bundles and stuff should help you get two~three GLs and the some of the GLs are now easier to obtain, so focus on those and counter her with them, and just casually work on Ahsoka and get her 6 months later

    Nope, the new raid is what mostly ticks me off, as it's quite inaccessible and at the same time there's no option to keep farming the old one if you want Mk3. The model is keep up or suck it up.
    Post edited by crzydroid on
  • TargetEadu
    1715 posts Member
    Options
    IAmNi wrote: »
    TargetEadu wrote: »
    I’ll stick with what LordDirt said.

    But also, basing your overall pace of the game on Galactic Challenges is probably not the best. Those tend to move faster than most other pieces of content, and don’t give quite as good rewards.

    (Red Crate Conquest and K1 GAC are still fast but a bit slower than GCs, then Raids and Datacrons last for several months, then there’s the more stable pieces like ROTE, general TW/GAC, and Gold Crate Conquest.)

    Just look at the new raid. I started playing last year in april, I'm currently about 6 mil GP. In the raid you need new characters like gungans, amidala, master qui gon, padawan ObiWan, Ki-Adi Mundi from TB (0 shards since we're farming Wat), relatively recent characters like STAP & Beq plus relatively unused Jedi, that you really didn't need to relic up or zeta before. When I was supposed to farm all this stuff while I was still farming staple teams and haven't even finished Journey Guide characters yet? GC just pretends too much when they make new content basically inaccessible while, at the same time, decreasing the rewards from the older content.

    Surely I have to change my approach to the game, then again it's harder if your guild decides to follow whatever GC does.

    I started playing in 2017 (with a 1-year break) and I’m at 8.5 Million GP. You’re doing just fine.

    And you don’t need *all* of those characters. People have posted good scores using those older Jedi with Lumi and Kit, or people have posted good scores using Maul and Sidious with Seperatists (with or without B2 Enrage cheese - if that gets changed, we’ll see how Seps do). Or, you can farm for Gungans, or for QA, or for Beq, or for STAP - with the kry word being Or. A little investment can go a long ways, especially when all the bug fixes, patches, and player-made guides balance out.

    Also (and maybe this is just a translation thing), GC generally means Galactic Challenges, the twice-weekly events. CG is Capital Games, this game’s creators/devs/etc.

    LordDirt wrote: »
    This game always makes you chase, just find your pace and stick with it.

    The problem is you can’t find “your pace” when CG takes away rewards from previous raids (Endor) and places those rewards in the new raid. We spend time and resources to progress for Endor only to have those rewards stripped away for the new raid.

    What’s the incentive to spend months gearing and relic’ing awful Jedi characters and Gungans when CG is likely to do the same with a new raid? This is their new spending model. And it sucks for normal players.

    You can absolutely still find “your pace”. You just will end up with less rewards than people who already have it all and/or people who work at a faster pace than you.

    As for the Raid structure - that can depend on many different things.

    Generally, it’s actually not strictly “worth it” to invest in this new Raid setup, depending on where you are. I ran the math on it at some point, but basically if everyone in a guild bumps an entire 5-man team from R7 to R8, you won’t actually make back the 5 R8’s worth of Raid MK 3 before the raid switches.

    Now, there’s a lot of caveats on this. For one thing, a lot of teams can undersize, so it won’t always be 5 R8s. For another, Raid MK 3 can be spent on the many needed R7s instead of R8s, which will let your income go further. And finally, many of the more powerful Raid teams (ie Gungans and QA) are very useful at high relics, so there’s an incentive to relic them up anyway.
  • Cois4
    32 posts Member
    Options
    If you were used to buying everything, not buying everything and like us ftp is going to be a horrible expirience for you….
  • Options
    Cois4 wrote: »
    If you were used to buying everything, not buying everything and like us ftp is going to be a horrible expirience for you….

    I have 3 accounts. On one I buy something, not everything. I played F2P until I was already about 2 mil GP and decided to get the HD bundle. The other 2 accounts were also lvl 85, around 1 mil, before I bought HD bundle on one, which is around 2.3 mil now, while the third is still F2P. So no, it's not a horrible experience, and I'm ok paying in some way to support the game I play.
Sign In or Register to comment.