No more Mk 3 chips in Naboo/Endor/Krayt Raids ?!?!?

Prev1
MMN69QC
23 posts Member
Hi,
I can't see Mk 3 chips in those raids (and the other too : Triumvirat, ...).

Other think only one try per team ?!?!?

Can CG explain to the players what's going on these last weeks ..?
* Rewards rates drop
* Unbeatable toons (Gun'n'Grievous)
* Lags, lags, lags.

What are you trying to do? Let the players give up?

I except the one(s) who gave these guidances a beautiful salary have!

Replies

• Magruffin
    849 posts Member
    Options
    Mk3 are only available in the most recent raid, Naboo.
    They moved from Krayt to Speederbiker when it came out, then from speeder to Naboo
  • LendersQuiz
    1191 posts Member
    Options
    b7aa7dd8dt4a.png

Even the first prize box for Naboo has MK3 rewards.....
  • MMN69QC
    23 posts Member
    Options
    I took a look before writing but nothing.
    Now Mk3 present.
    What about the one try per team (in red letters in their description)?
  • TargetEadu
    1715 posts Member
    Options
    MMN69QC wrote: »
    Now Mk3 present.

You have 5 attempts total. So 5 teams. Once you try with a team (and actually post the score instead of discarding), you can’t use it again for that raid run.
  • MMN69QC
    23 posts Member
    edited July 7
    Options
    TargetEadu wrote: »
    MMN69QC wrote: »
    Now Mk3 present.

You have 5 attempts total. So 5 teams. Once you try with a team (and actually post the score instead of discarding), you can’t use it again for that raid run.

What I wanted to say is that before, you can test for the same teams 1-2-3... times (auto1st - auto2nd - manual 3rd) and then "ok push it for this team. Next team, ..." Whereas now you can test only once a team?
  • Blubcop
    435 posts Member
    Options
    No, you can still try as many times as you want, as long as you don't post the score after the battle ends
  • scuba
    14241 posts Member
    edited July 7
    Options
    Has already been explained

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/261617/road-ahead-february-2023
    Rewards also include new Raid Currency that can be used to purchase items from Shipments
    This special Raid Currency can only be earned from the Featured Raid (the latest Raid released)
  • Options
    b7aa7dd8dt4a.png

My guild is only getting 1000 mk3 instead of the 1500 we always got in the endor raid. Incredibly frustrating this new raid has become.
  • LordDirt
    5234 posts Member
    Options
    Bander71 wrote: »
    b7aa7dd8dt4a.png

My guild is only getting 1000 mk3 instead of the 1500 we always got in the endor raid. Incredibly frustrating this new raid has become.

Did you get 1500 the first day of the last raid?
    We needed Cobb Vanth shards for Krayt Dragon raid, Endor Gear Luke shards for Speeder Bike raid and Anakin Skywalker shards for Battle for Naboo raid?
  • scuba
    14241 posts Member
    Options
    LordDirt wrote: »
    b7aa7dd8dt4a.png

Details...
  • Bander71
    34 posts Member
    edited July 8
    Options
    b7aa7dd8dt4a.png

Yes. The hardest to get there was Leia. While this raid the best are these expensive toons. You aren't able to even score in this raid without relic characters so I could only do 3 solid attempts. My guild is not tiny 350 mill and I have 6 mill gp. I don't get why the end game people are looking their noses down at many complaining about the issues of this raid. They need to lower the difficulty so non relic characters can score some points as well like the previous raid.
    Post edited by Bander71 on
  • scuba
    14241 posts Member
    Options
    Huh use to be p2p vs f2p now it is end game vs not end game. Interesting.
  • LordDirt
    5234 posts Member
    Options
    Yes, too many people expect to be able to do every new thing out even though they have a small roster
    We needed Cobb Vanth shards for Krayt Dragon raid, Endor Gear Luke shards for Speeder Bike raid and Anakin Skywalker shards for Battle for Naboo raid?
  • dhwo
    73 posts Member
    Options
    Yes, too many people expect to be able to do every new thing out even though they have a small roster

What do mean with “expect to be able”? They are forced to play it as otherwise they would get nothing anymore. The sole motivation behind deleting rewards from the old raids is, that CG is expecting to make money from the interest of the players to maintain their rewards.
  • LordDirt
    5234 posts Member
    Options
    dhwo wrote: »

What do mean with “expect to be able”? They are forced to play it as otherwise they would get nothing anymore. The sole motivation behind deleting rewards from the old raids is, that CG is expecting to make money from the interest of the players to maintain their rewards.

If you are a newer player then top raid rewards are not what you need to be aiming for. Too many people want to skip to end game content instead of going through the same things others have for 8 years.
  • MaxBane
    34 posts Member
    Options
    If you are a newer player then top raid rewards are not what you need to be aiming for. Too many people want to skip to end game content instead of going through the same things others have for 8 years.

So, in your opinion, what GP a player should have to not be consider a new player anymore?

Because with my 5 milions GP, watching a team of R5 Jedi leftovers scoring 0 points in the very first Tier of this new raid raises a couple of questions.
  • LordDirt
    5234 posts Member
    Options
    MaxBane wrote: »

So, in your opinion, what GP a player should have to not be consider a new player anymore?

Because with my 5 milions GP, watching a team of R5 Jedi leftovers scoring 0 points in the very first Tier of this new raid raises a couple of questions.

With 5 million GP you are not a new player but not an end game player. The issue with this game is that it keeps growing and players want to hurry and get to end game content and they skip all the things others went through for 8 years. CG is to blame for this as they should make people go through similar progression to get to where the 12 million GP are but they just open it all up and the new and middle players all want to be where the end players are. It is quite the mess.
  • MaxBane
    34 posts Member
    edited July 11
    Options
    CG is to blame for this as they should make people go through similar progression to get to where the 12 million GP are but they just open it all up and the new and middle players all want to be where the end players are. It is quite the mess.

While I do agree with you in the general concept of progression, and that new/mid players shouldn't be able to do end game content sounds perfectly fine to me, this raid has tiers of increasing difficulty. In particular, Tier 0 is open to toons of 5+ Star with a Gear Level lower than 12. That implies that some score should be achieved by mid gamers with a decent team, but this is not happening. So, either CG is trolling us or they rushed to release it without checking that the difficulty was actually balanced. But yes, you're right, CG is to blame for this.

• TVF
    36858 posts Member
    Options

You don't get nothing, you just don't get mk3.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • dhwo
    73 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »

Awesome…they get Mk1 and Mk2…funny, very funny.
  • Badger_Diaz
    255 posts Member
    edited July 13
    Options

Every comment both yourself and lord dirt make seem to be countering any complaints a large portion of the player base makes.

You do make some valid points tbf, but you seem to dismiss anything anything anyone has to say in favour of everything that CG implements.

Do you not think that making the new raid content accessible AND rewarding for everyone, rather than just the end game players who have a cache of gear to relic anyone at will should they need to, and are willing to drop $100’s on getting it, would make the game (and the forums) more enjoyable for everyone?

I mean, they put all this effort into creating this new raid, and only a handful of people are going to “enjoy” it, because there’s barely any guilds that have the toons or the resources to get anything, let alone close to what they were getting on Endor.

At least on Endor there was roster requirements that a lot of mid game players had, at least 1 relic and a couple of g12s for each attempt, mid tier guilds could actually play it and get some half decent rewards.

Naboo has gone the same way as krayte, a lot of guilds just won’t play it or level up the toons because at acces point there are literally no rewards for the entire guild.

Why alienate the majority of your player base from a new raid that you put so much work in to program and develop?
    Why?

Doesn’t make sense to me, just feels like going backwards instead of forwards…

Plus removing mk3 tokens from endor leaves a very sour taste in every guilds mouth if they can’t get anywhere worthwhile on naboo.

The new content is setting a lot of players a back, so it’s of no surprise there is a backlash.

Easiest solution is leave the mk3 tokens in the endor raid, and increase the rewards in the new content simply to reward the players who were willing to invest in the required (neiche) squads.
  • TargetEadu
    1715 posts Member
    Options

Every comment both yourself and lord dirt make seem to be countering any complaints a large portion of the player base makes.

You do make some valid points tbf, but you seem to dismiss anything anything anyone has to say in favour of everything that CG implements.

Do you not think that making the new raid content accessible AND rewarding for everyone, rather than just the end game players who have a cache of gear to relic anyone at will should they need to, and are willing to drop $100’s on getting it, would make the game (and the forums) more enjoyable for everyone?

A lot of the complaints seem overly exaggerated, imo. We’re still finding strategies to get good scores with Jedi or Seperatists, while a few people think that there’s no possible way to get one without QA or Gungans.

And if the Raid was heavily rewarding to everyone withou extra investment, not many people would invest into it, whether resources or money. And CG does want to make money. SBR was generous, but I’d be willing to bet that CG saw SBR as too generous because less people invested money into it, and Naboo is correcting for that somewhat.

Plus removing mk3 tokens from endor leaves a very sour taste in every guilds mouth if they can’t get anywhere worthwhile on naboo.

The new content is setting a lot of players a back, so it’s of no surprise there is a backlash.

Easiest solution is leave the mk3 tokens in the endor raid, and increase the rewards in the new content simply to reward the players who were willing to invest in the required (neiche) squads.

So, the the issue with increasing the rewards in the new Raid is, what happens when you get to the next one. CG can’t just keep increasing the rewards each time, not without also increasing the maximum Gear / Relic Level investment so higher level players (and spenders) have a resource sink - and R9 is already a massive resource sink for not much actual game impact. (If that doesn’t happen, then so many players would launch into having nearly everything - which is kind of game over for multiple reasons.)

I think a better solution would be to simply decrease the MK3 in the SBR / second-newest Raid - that would give some guilds a chance to catch up. But you’d probably end up with people complaining their rewards were decreased anyway, and it would make guilds less inclined to try and run the new Raid at risk of getting less MK3 than the prior one.
  • Options

A lot of the complaints seem overly exaggerated, imo. We’re still finding strategies to get good scores with Jedi or Seperatists, while a few people think that there’s no possible way to get one without QA or Gungans.

And if the Raid was heavily rewarding to everyone withou extra investment, not many people would invest into it, whether resources or money. And CG does want to make money. SBR was generous, but I’d be willing to bet that CG saw SBR as too generous because less people invested money into it, and Naboo is correcting for that somewhat.

So, the the issue with increasing the rewards in the new Raid is, what happens when you get to the next one. CG can’t just keep increasing the rewards each time, not without also increasing the maximum Gear / Relic Level investment so higher level players (and spenders) have a resource sink - and R9 is already a massive resource sink for not much actual game impact. (If that doesn’t happen, then so many players would launch into having nearly everything - which is kind of game over for multiple reasons.)

I think a better solution would be to simply decrease the MK3 in the SBR / second-newest Raid - that would give some guilds a chance to catch up. But you’d probably end up with people complaining their rewards were decreased anyway, and it would make guilds less inclined to try and run the new Raid at risk of getting less MK3 than the prior one.

Perhaps a solution would be a featured raid shop, where the mk3 mats are at a discounted price, or there’s rarer mats to buy In The mk2 store also for guilds who participate in the featured raid.
    That would give incentive to invest in new content without harming the development of those that do not wish to.

By the time many have built the featured raid squads the next raid is released so it becomes a somewhat pointless exercise, barring having a squad that is no longer worth its original intended use.

The current model isn’t right imo, new content shouldn’t be stunting roster development, yet here we are with a lot of unhappy campers, moaning that new content is actually ruining the game rather than making it better. Which is just backwards, in more ways than one.

• scuba
    14241 posts Member
    edited July 14
    Options

I mean, they put all this effort into creating this new raid, and only a handful of people are going to “enjoy” it, because there’s barely any guilds that have the toons or the resources to get anything, let alone close to what they were getting on Endor.

At least on Endor there was roster requirements that a lot of mid game players had, at least 1 relic and a couple of g12s for each attempt, mid tier guilds could actually play it and get some half decent rewards.

Naboo has gone the same way as krayte, a lot of guilds just won’t play it or level up the toons because at acces point there are literally no rewards for the entire guild.

Why alienate the majority of your player base from a new raid that you put so much work in to program and develop?
    Why?

It is because of statements like this that make it so you are "ignored".

For example this is a 253 mil GP guild with 36 Members got more than nothing.
    fbc0enqpujxj.jpg

My guild is ranked 223 on the leader board for the naboo raid and we got 1 box lower than the equivalent of what we got on sbr.

So I would say this is way more than "barely any guilds that have the toons or the resources to get anything" in this raid.

But hey go with the reddit poll someone mentioned of 500 players I am sure that is a way better data source.
  • TargetEadu
    1715 posts Member
    Options

Perhaps a solution would be a featured raid shop, where the mk3 mats are at a discounted price, or there’s rarer mats to buy In The mk2 store also for guilds who participate in the featured raid.
    That would give incentive to invest in new content without harming the development of those that do not wish to.

How is that (functionally) different from the current system? You get access to an extra store, or get access to an extra currency, it’s the same result.

Plus people would just hoard currency from the easier raid to spend in the harder raid’s store.
  • Options

Why?

It's a lack of understanding from these end game players. No is saying they should be getting the last crates. Most people are complaining about not being able to get 500mk 3 or getting less that 3rd crate 1500mk3. I am sure most endgame people are getting way better rewards than this.
  • Options

Why?

It's a lack of understanding from these end game players. No is saying they should be getting the last crates. Most people are complaining about not being able to get 500mk 3 or getting less that 3rd crate 1500mk3. I am sure most endgame people are getting way better rewards than this.

Yeah, end game players.

Whilst everyone else gets starved of mk3 tokens / relic mats.

Same as usual.

“I’m alright Jack”
  • Options
    scuba wrote: »

Why?

fbc0enqpujxj.jpg

My guild is ranked 223 on the leader board for the naboo raid and we got 1 box lower than the equivalent of what we got on sbr.

So I would say this is way more than "barely any guilds that have the toons or the resources to get anything" in this raid.

But hey go with the reddit poll someone mentioned of 500 players I am sure that is a way better data source.

223, out of how many?
  • Options

Yeah, end game players.

Whilst everyone else gets starved of mk3 tokens / relic mats.

Same as usual.

“I’m alright Jack”

There's literally nothing that you can buy with Mk3 mats that you can't buy scrap for with Mk2, or get from other sources - and all the high end relic mats that are sold for Mk3 are so expensive you can maybe hope to get 5-10 per raid if you're only getting the 3rd box in Naboo.

My point is, no one is being locked out of anything that they can't otherwise acquire from other sources. This isn't like when CPit was released and it was the only source for Aeromagnifiers in the game. Every resource that comes with Mk3 is attainable somewhere else without spending money.

This is how the whole game works - the smaller your roster or guild, the smaller your rewards are. As you grow those rewards get bigger and bigger. This is an immutable fact - it applies to everything, everywhere in the game. As a rule, it's pretty much the same in every other progression based game that you might play. The anomalous part of the new raid system is that pretty much everyone gets knocked back to a lower level of rewards when a new raid releases.

It's not great - I don't like losing rewards - it feels bad - but lets not pretend like smaller guilds are being disproportionately affected here. My guild took a hit of 2500 MK3 per raid and we're a casual guild. Some larger guilds took bigger hits. It stinks. We'll have to build back up to what we were getting. But that's true for nearly everyone. Stop trying to make this about end-game vs the little guys. That's not what's going on here.
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • scuba
    14241 posts Member
    Options
    scuba wrote: »

Why?

fbc0enqpujxj.jpg

223, out of how many?

I am not spouting this hyperbole of "barely any guilds that have the toons or the resources to get anything" which you can't back up
    I am simply share facts to dipute your claim. My guild at 544 mil GP is one of at least 223 that got 3rd crate or better.

there is also a 253 mil GP guild that got at least crate 1
    I would say there are many guilds between 253 Mil GP and 544 mil GP that are getting stuff

Players struggling in this raid should also not want these hyperbole statements because that is exactly what they are and IMO are not helping your case either.

Stick with the facts and your personal emotions, not made up numbers, cause guess what CG has the numbers and will just ignore your wrong statements.