GAC rant

DOOPSCOOOP
5 posts Member
edited July 8
Can someone please for the sake of my own sanity explain to me how the matchmaking is supposed to work in this game? Somehow I made it into kyber not long ago for a short while. Bumped out after the first placement happened.Tell me how my opponents in kyber were easier to face off against than in aurordium... this game makes no sense. Why am I consistently facing active, 9+ million gp, 7+ GLS in aurordium? How many posts of these need to be made before the horrid matchmaking gets addressed?

Replies

• Options
    Did you read those other threads? This has been discussed and debated ad nauseum.
  • nottenst
    734 posts Member
    Options
    As far as anyone knows, there is no formula for matchmaking except by random groupings of 8 players with the same skill number.
  • dhwo
    73 posts Member
    Options
    Just spend more money and get to the top of Kyber. The top spenders get their GA rewards mostly for free. If skill would be involved in the matchmaking, the whole GA concept would have be different.
  • herd_nerfer
    2169 posts Member
    edited July 9
    Options
    dhwo wrote: »
    Just spend more money and get to the top of Kyber. The top spenders get their GA rewards mostly for free. If skill would be involved in the matchmaking, the whole GA concept would have be different.

You can't spend your way to the top of Kyber. Does it help to have every new character on day 1? Sure. You still have to know how to play, know how to mod, and know what counters to use.

And if you COULD spend your way to the top of Kyber - well, you paid for all those rewards in that case, right? So it's not free... right?
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • TVF
    36858 posts Member
    Options
    dhwo wrote: »

You can't spend your way to the top of Kyber.

Speak for yourself!
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    You win, you climb the ranks. You lose or don't play, you drop down.

That's all it is. So if you face someone with 5 mil more GP, it's because you're playing well, or they suck or don't care. Or both.
  • Options
    There is a slight 'issue' or oddity at play here; caused by league's being 'hard-walled' during a season. You can't drop lower than K5 during a season, and you can climb higher than A1 during a season. This means that your score will continue to climb/drop to a potentially K3/A3 score, even though you're not playing K3/A3 standard players.

Your score will then be inflated/deflated even more (if you finish the season in K4/5 or A1/2 by the squish. This means there isn't a standard increase in quality of playing standard in this maelstrom of divisions (let's say low K4 to the top of A3).

These players are caught in a vicious cycle of being promoted/demoted to divisions, but have not been playing that quality of opponent. This basically means that this area is the Wild Wild West in difficulty/quality. You'll have players a fair bit better in A2 at the start of a season, than the players in K4.

Although, this could happen at the top/bottom of any league, I think it's most prominent/obvious at where you're at; "the low Kyber/high Aurodium washing machine". If you can climb to high K4, where you won't get squished out of Kyber 4, you'll get yourself out of the washing, and meet a more constant (and better) quality of opponent.

As for GP, in no way is it a good formula match-making (we've been there, and don't want to go back) and more importantly, it's a lousy way to play a gacha game; basically, promoting min-maxing in a collection game.