Looking for some advice PVE team/Arena and Cantina team help!

Hi all! I guess this is another one of those typical posts, but I was hoping for some advice since it seems everybody has a different array of characters they'll be different responses.

Currently level 46, I don't have the credits to have my main team up to level with me but for most of my current main team they are 41-43 so far. I've cleared up through the 4s for Light and Dark Side (well almost). Of the ones in the 40's, I try to have them all in V-VI gear.

I am going for the following characters:
Arena: Sidious
GW: Luminara
Cantina: Fives

Light:
2* JC - Level 44
4* Chewie - Level 44
4* Mace Windu - Level 43
2* Ahsoka - Level 43
2* Resistance Trooper - Level 42
3* Eeth Koth - Level 39
3* Poe - Level 38
1* Ewok Scout - Level 35
2* Clone Sergeant - Level 32
3* Jawa - Level 31
3* Plo Koon - Level 28
2* Leia - Level 17
3* Luke - Level 1
1* Coruscant Underworld Police - Level 1

Dark:
4* Daka - Level 43 (THANK GOODNESS for a Bronzium pull)
3* Dooku - Level 42
3* Cad Bane - Level 42
2* FO Stormtrooper - Level 41
3* Talia - Level 39
3*IG-88 - Level 38
1* TIE Pilot - Level 38
1* IG-86 - Level 37
1* Initiate - Level 33
1* Royal Guard - Level 21
3* Stormtrooper _ Level 19
2* Snowtrooper - Level 5
1* Geonosian Soldier - Level 1

Replies

• I would continue with getting daka to 7* over fives. Your dark side missions are considerably more difficult and she is your crutch in many cases.
  • I recommend getting JC as far as you can - he is a beast. He has 1 extra gear slot compared to the other toons, he has 3cd heal and his basics reduce all of you characters cd's. I can see your light side lacks dmg, so you can go with Luke cuz he deals decen amount of dmg. As for the dark side - star up Dooku - he destroys teams in GW. Experiment m8 thats the way.
  • DarthVanio wrote: »
    I recommend getting JC as far as you can - he is a beast. He has 1 extra gear slot compared to the other toons, he has 3cd heal and his basics reduce all of you characters cd's. I can see your light side lacks dmg, so you can go with Luke cuz he deals decen amount of dmg. As for the dark side - star up Dooku - he destroys teams in GW. Experiment m8 thats the way.

This. And you can swap Dooku for fives if you aren't reliant on the anti-Jedi stun. (Less and less full Jedi teams anyway) but JC is a relatively easy farm and gears up well.
  • I disagree with leveling up daka first, but my main focus is arena. I went fives and I am happy with my choice. He is performing well. I would grind dooku heroic shards every day, jedi consular from cantina missions but possibly getting Talia to four stars too, fives from cantina shipments, continue with Sid and luminara.

What ever decision you make fives/daka make the call and stick to it. Better to have a strong five for arena quickly.
  • DarthVanio wrote: »
    I recommend getting JC as far as you can - he is a beast. He has 1 extra gear slot compared to the other toons, he has 3cd heal and his basics reduce all of you characters cd's. I can see your light side lacks dmg, so you can go with Luke cuz he deals decen amount of dmg. As for the dark side - star up Dooku - he destroys teams in GW. Experiment m8 thats the way.

My concern is that, I'm less than a week away from getting Lumi, doesn't she essentially take the place of the JC? Or should I have 3 healers? Cause I would run Lumi, JC, and Daka (maybe not in arenas/pvp)... where would you recommend me grinding out his shards? I don't think I've run into any heroics that grant them out.

Alright, I'll start working up on Luke, I saw that I have a lot of tanks and supports... any recommendations on Light and Dark side team comps? I know 4-L is meant to be a gear/level check but I don't think I really have anybody that can stop those constant spams of grenades.
  • Cpt_Dan wrote: »
    DarthVanio wrote: »

This. And you can swap Dooku for fives if you aren't reliant on the anti-Jedi stun. (Less and less full Jedi teams anyway) but JC is a relatively easy farm and gears up well.

I think I've been finding a lot of Jedi teams on GW/Arena although it isn't a full jedi, Dooku still finds use against 1-2 jedi just to stun lock them down, along with Cad... but I am looking to get Fives for some double counter characters. Any recommendations as to where I could farm JC?
  • Llewella wrote: »
    I disagree with leveling up daka first, but my main focus is arena. I went fives and I am happy with my choice. He is performing well. I would grind dooku heroic shards every day, jedi consular from cantina missions but possibly getting Talia to four stars too, fives from cantina shipments, continue with Sid and luminara.

What ever decision you make fives/daka make the call and stick to it. Better to have a strong five for arena quickly.

Do you run both Lumi and JC on your team? I'm trying to decide if I should invest that much into JC if he's only going to be replaced in less than a few days when I unlock Lumi.
  • Llewella
    400 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    I run jc and luminara healing Sid dooku and fives

I have bariss four star too but she is going to take a long time to star where as jc is Close to five stars allready. I run two healers I don't know if I will stick with this strat but many teams do. Jc is an efficient character which is why he is appealing he is easy to star up and gear.

If you star daka you don't necessarily need jc but if you go fives I would star him.

Luke leia akabar Han luminara is a team I would like to see made with akabar lead. Since everyone is running Sid. Just another thought.
  • Llewella
    400 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    I run into kilo ren, Sid, luminara, dooku, and random 5th Attack teams a lot. I run three heals with jc luminara Baris fives and Sid to beat that comp

You have a lot of options once pick one run with it
  • Llewella wrote: »
    I run jc and luminara healing Sid dooku and fives

I have bariss four star too but she is going to take a long time to star where as jc is Close to five stars allready. I run two healers I don't know I will stick with this strat but many teams do. Jc is an efficient character which is why he is appealing he is easy to star up and geaR.

If you star daka you don't necessarily need jc but if you go fives I would star him. Currently top 20 on server.

Ok, I guess I will keep leveling JC and get Lumi too. I alreayd have a 4* Daka, should I stick with her? Or should I focus on Fives? Since I think I was to do a 3DPS/2Healer composition?
  • Llewella
    400 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    If you go daka level luke, or jc to 4 star for missions, or talia. If you go fives go jc. Your call.

Another thing to consider is that kilo ren is available to farm at 4c. Going daka would give you the option of farming kilo instead of jc too. Again up to you all good options. Best to pick one and stick with it.

There are good teams in arena with one healer. Having two helps with missions a lot tho.