Updates for today - 4/14/2016

Prev13456716
EA_Jesse
663 posts SWGOH Dev Team
edited April 2016
Hey Everyone,

Quick post for you all here so that we can have everything in one place.
  • New Event for iOS users - https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/27350/save-the-forest-moon-of-endor-event-apple-exclusive#latest
  • Health bar changes - visual change to make it easier to see how much health a character really has. Before, it would look like 2 characters would have the same amount of pips (green bars), when actually they could have quite different health values. The health on characters hasn't changed, just the display has.
  • Balance Update - this will be going live between 1:30 and 4:30pm Pacific Time today. We'll do our best to avoid Arena payout windows.
  • Another surprise! - I'll be posting more details in a separate thread about a new Event for BOTH iOS and Android players. This event will also be going live today.

EDIT:

For everyone talking about the damage changes, I ask that you wait and get the update and judge for yourself how it plays now. We didn't just change damage, we've added Protection and Defense which also need to be taken into account when looking at everything. Also, please note that the website everyone is talking about is showing rank 8 for the abilities, not what most of you have now. Some of those abilities had damage values that were too high, such as Grand Master Yoda for example.
Community Manager for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes | Follow me on Twitter - Darokaz
Post edited by EA_Jesse on

Replies

• Awesome Jesse great info thank you. Looking forward to the surprise event!
  • Omg a whole new even beside the Ewoks <3 i'm so horny right now
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    wahhhhhhhhhh sounds exciting
    mighty chlorians
  • New event!
  • Leo1
    23 posts Member
    Jesse this is the Damage Balance? http://swgoh.gg/abilities/rebalance/ (plz say not or i die right here :C)
  • Awesome! C'mon Resistance/Rebel/Empire/FO Events!
  • I'm surprised that no one has mentioned the Rancor...
  • Great job staying on top of things.

Look forward to the update!
  • Leo1
    23 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Jesse you Said Slow Characters will win Damage, and Mace Windu (slow character) dont win nothing, he lose dmg, why? :(
  • gobears21
    1265 posts Member
    @EA_Jesse
    Why did you add a "health 2" aka protection instead of just re-balancing what was already there?
  • Special Suprise.

An interactive training ring where you can beat the hell out of a jar jar binks to level up you players......
  • Nos402
    11 posts Member
    I'm usually one of the few people who actually like and embrace change but my first impressions of this are not great. Played through all the various different areas with my main squad (who are a slower squad so theoretically according to the notes they should be more powerful now) but everything I've done today has felt harder and more frustrating. I'm hoping my longer term view changes as I play more.
  • Thank you Jesse! Appreciate the heads up regarding damage adjustment. Does anyone have a rank 8 ability yet?
  • Ackturi
    379 posts Member
    My Google play says sw has an update. Is that this one or different?
  • Ackturi wrote: »
    My Google play says sw has an update. Is that this one or different?

This one
  • Ackturi
    379 posts Member
    OK I'll wait til it forces me to update it
  • Too many people open their mouths before getting all the facts. Gut reactions make them
    Nos402 wrote: »
    I'm usually one of the few people who actually like and embrace change but my first impressions of this are not great. Played through all the various different areas with my main squad (who are a slower squad so theoretically according to the notes they should be more powerful now) but everything I've done today has felt harder and more frustrating. I'm hoping my longer term view changes as I play more.

@Nos402 did you even read what Jesse wrote? The changes haven't even gone live yet, he said 130 to 430. It's only 1215.
    The changes you spoke of were imagined.
  • @EA_Jesse

Oh we'll wait. I am bit worried actually because I was waiting for you to say that this new data is just speculation, but if the numbers prove to be accurate...

Leaving "Swarm" untouched (and the bug still remains one of the best toons in game)and at the same time reduce Yoda's special (a toon that has to be powerful,not only because he is Yoda but also because you guys forced us to spend so much time and resources to actually form a team of 7* Jedis,sacrificing other toons' progress) by 70?!?!

Why not just reduce them both by 20%....?
    And why reduce Barriss and other slow toons' damage,which is actually the opposite of what you have said???

Seriously guys, and I don't even claim to be that smart.....
  • Svarastik
    1 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Hi gyus, I have a word about health bar changes. I don't know how it works on high levels, but at my level it looks like all characters have the same amount of health, which isn't true. E.g. all tanks, healers and damage dealing characters now have , like, the same number of these pips, as you call them. That leads to complete missunderstanding of health amount of enemies and your players.
    It is what I see around levels 30-50. More than that, characters on level 30 have visually the same amount of health as at level 50.
  • Asajj ventures is one of the slowest characters in the game. She got a minor boost to Cruel Strike (+4.x%) which is consistent with what we've been told.

But her AoE damage was nerfed much harder than Cruel Strike was boosted: -10.5%.

Why was Cruel Strike a problem to be nerfed if slow characters - which means Asajj more than anyone of the named characters - were to be given damage boosts?
  • Merula
    68 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    I like the new health bars. Much easier to see where the bar actually is without all the pip lines. They aren't all identical and look correct to me.

My arena squad is all 7* currently level 67.

I like change, it'll keep things from getting stale. I managed to break the top 5 in the arena today for the first time when I hit 4. Usually I'm in the 10-20 range.

Hopefully I'll start to see some non QJG teams in the near future with this change. I'm the only one of three that doesn't use QGJ in the top 20.

Planning on building a stealth/scoundrel/crit team once I finish my jedi farming for Yoda.
    Post edited by Merula on
  • Svarastik wrote: »
    Hi gyus, I have a word about health bar changes. I don't know how it works on high levels, but at my level it looks like all characters have the same amount of health, which isn't true. E.g. all tanks, healers and damage dealing characters now have , like, the same number of these pips, as you call them. That leads to complete missunderstanding of health amount of enemies and your players.
    It is what I see around levels 30-50. More than that, characters on level 30 have visually the same amount of health as at level 50.

Yes my 40-60 levels all look the same now

• i like the changes.

but there's a bug, that gives me 100% aggro: Count Doku - Counter Attack on Jedi..when Skill Blockade appears, and then disappears...grrrrrr
  • Today is a crazy day omg
  • Eebers
    89 posts Member
    I didn't like getting an update, playing a bunch, then realize that was only "a" update and not "the" update. Not sure why you chose to do that. I wanted to do GW after the real update. Very confusing of you guys.
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Wow, lots of new stuff today. You guys were busy! And this isn't even guilds yet!
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Should the game auto apply update or should we download it again manually or update manually something ? How comes i am still using the old game?
  • Leoop
    2 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    New health system is >>RIDICULOUS<<. My 7* lvl 69 luminara now has the same amount of health of a 4* lvl 63 royal guard and the same health of a 5* lvl 67 phasma. So I collect that much shards FOR THIS????? I hate when this bullsh*t kind of thing happens to a good game. Can't believe I spent that much time and effort for this ****. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Those who felt harmed by the new health system let's help ourselves posting at the end of your comments:
    BRING BACK THE OLD HEALTH SYSTEM
  • Merula
    68 posts Member
    Leoop wrote: »
    New health system is >>RIDICULOUS<<. My 7* lvl 69 luminara now has the same amount of health of a 4* lvl 63 royal guard

Considering my 7* 67 RG has way more health than my 7* 67 Lumi, this seems reasonable. RG is a tank so it makes sense that his health at a lower level could match Lumi, an attacker, at a higher level.